Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MalevTU134

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2017

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:14 am

TK787 wrote:
Looks like the airport is closed till the morning. I see some FarEast flights are being diverted. SGN-IST to Adana as of now, let's see where the other end up.

Why is that? Gusty winds? Snow is no reason to close an airport....

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 am

Here is what I can gather: PEK flight goes to ESB, Seoul, Jakarta, Taipei, Shangai, Narita and HKG to AYT, Dhaka and CPT end up in Adana, and BOM and Male flights divert to Gaziantep. What a mess!!
SIN, MNL, KUL to IST still up there, can't tell where they will end up.
Last edited by TK787 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:37 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
TK787 wrote:
Looks like the airport is closed till the morning. I see some FarEast flights are being diverted. SGN-IST to Adana as of now, let's see where the other end up.

Why is that? Gusty winds? Snow is no reason to close an airport....

WInds still gusting up to 40kts, visibility down to 350m. Not looking to get better till Saturday evening :(

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:45 am

Looks like KUL is going to end up in Elazig airport, WOW!!!

mercure1

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:58 am

TK73 CAN-IST landed Elazig also.

TK27 PVG-IST going to Ankara now, not Antalya
mercure f-wtcc

MalevTU134

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:13 am

Wouldn't it make more sense to have everybody go to ESB to at least keep connecting traffic flowing? I say ESB because I suppose that is the only airport outside Istanbul that has any chance of receiving all flights, with ramp space, passenger and luggage facilities etc... Or am I totally off?

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:17 am

JNB-IST to Bodrum, let's see what JFK and Lagos flights end up next.
Not sure about ESB handling all. AYT might have a better handling but I'm sure TK guys know what they are doing. It is going to be a mess tomorrow, and will take couple more days to get back to normal.

curlyheadboy

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:34 am

I was on TK 85 MNL-IST, flying J, diverted to Bodrum, got bussed to a hotel (quite shabby if you consider I purchased a business class ticket) no TK personnel on site, no newss about if and when we get out of here. My connection to MXP also canceled. No useful info on TK call center or website. Bad day here lol!
If God had wanted men to fly he would have given them more money...

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:08 am

curlyheadboy wrote:
I was on TK 85 MNL-IST, flying J, diverted to Bodrum, got bussed to a hotel (quite shabby if you consider I purchased a business class ticket) no TK personnel on site, no newss about if and when we get out of here. My connection to MXP also canceled. No useful info on TK call center or website. Bad day here lol!

Sorry to hear that. At least you are in Bodrum, not in Elazig to get stranded :( I hate to tell you but it might be till Monday or Tuesday that things will start running. With only one aviation hub at IST and no train/ferry service to anywhere, you are stuck in Turkey. Try to enjoy it.

curlyheadboy

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 am

TK787 wrote:
curlyheadboy wrote:

Sorry to hear that. At least you are in Bodrum, not in Elazig to get stranded :( I hate to tell you but it might be till Monday or Tuesday that things will start running. With only one aviation hub at IST and no train/ferry service to anywhere, you are stuck in Turkey. Try to enjoy it.

Indeed, and as much as I like Turkey, I hope it's not going to be till Tuesday cause I have things to do...! I feel sort of very unlucky, having IST shut down due to snow is not something that happens every day! :/

jmmadrid

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 am

curlyheadboy wrote:
Bad day here lol!

I like your lol attitude. Not sure how I'd feel if I were in your shoes.

TK787 wrote:
At least you are in Bodrum, not in Elazig to get stranded :(

Excuse my ignorance, but I had never heard about Elazig before. Is it that bad? :)

OA260

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:58 am

Quite an alarming incident at IST . That airport workers/security personel trusted with airside passes can launch a violent attack on someone being taken into custody by Police.

Turkish Fashion Designer Attacked by Baggage Handlers at Istanbul Airport

On Tuesday, fashion designer Barbaros Sansal was arrested in Turkey on charges of inciting hatred on social media, just one day after he was attacked by baggage handlers at Istanbul Ataturk Airport.

According to Reuters.com, Sansal arrived at Ataturk Airport Monday and was beaten up by airport workers as police attempted to transport him from his plane following his expulsion from northern Cyprus.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/impacti ... rport.html

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:01 am

I have been stuck at MXP when the airport closed before, also I got diverted to BOS on TK years back, and got stuck in BOS for days when that airport shut down. If you fly long enough you will see everything. But yes, Istanbul started having these shut downs recently, due to climate change and TK getting this big. But growing up I don't remember this much snow in Istanbul.
"ELAZIG" is a very small town in Eastern Turkey, high elevation and cold and snowy today. TK's Guangzhou and Kuala Lumpur flights diverted there last night. So, being stuck at Bodrum with nicer weather is not that bad.
Seems like SAW had few flights leaving for Europe, if you really need to get to Milan I would suggest to buy one way BJV-SAW-MXP on Pegasus. You could be there Sunday. Or just enjoy Bodrum for a few days.

Flanders

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:07 am

curlyheadboy wrote:

I feel sorry for you my friend. I hope things get solved quickly but I fear you will not get home before the end of the weekend.
While these are exceptionel circumstances, getting put in a shabby hotel with no info at all, is so sad considering you paid business class.
This is not the kind of service you expect from the "best airline in Europe".

Flanders

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:19 am

Anyone know what happens to pax whom are traveling Europe-IST-[any TK destination] today and whose flight got cancelled?
Are they getting rebooked on another Star Alliance carrier?

mustang997

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:21 am

Hi guys

Long time following the forum, but first time posting anything.

I have a friend stuck at Istanbul, he arrived there yesterday evening and was supposed to take a connecting flight that evening to Athens, which never happend. He said they were waiting on tarmac for 3 hours and that pilot was eager to fly, so they offloaded two passangers and added some fuel and that was the last info they got from the pilot. 15 min later, airplane doors opend and there was a bus to take them to the terminal (all of this was somewhere on tarmac). He also said they never really recived precise information on what was going on. Apparently they were wainting for clearence for take off (he could also hear engines spooling up.).

Eventually, after a few hours in terminal, sometime in the middle of the night they were taken to a hotel. He and others are still there, there is none of turkish staff on site and no info. The only information we found, is that his flight is now supposed to take of this evening (local time). Now my question is this. He allready missed one night of his vacation, he'll probably miss the second one, but he'll still have to pay for it. Is airline responsible for reimbursing him for that? I understant that airline is going to say the it was due to higher forece (weather), but could he argue it is their fault if they don't have proper snow remowall equipment (airport in that case, not airline)?
They were told they coulndn't take off because of the snow.

Thank you

mict

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:25 am

mustang997 wrote:
Hi guys

I have a friend stuck at Istanbul, he arrived there yesterday evening and was supposed to take a connecting flight that evening to Athens, which never happend. He said they were waiting on tarmac for 3 hours and that pilot was eager to fly, so they offloaded two passangers and added some fuel and that was the last info they got from the pilot. 15 min later, airplane doors opend and there was a bus to take them to the terminal (all of this was somewhere on tarmac). He also said they never really recived precise information on what was going on. Apparently they were wainting for clearence for take off (he could also hear engines spooling up.).

Eventually, after a few hours in terminal, sometime in the middle of the night they were taken to a hotel. He and others are still there, there is none of turkish staff on site and no info. The only information we found, is that his flight is now supposed to take of this evening (local time). Now my question is this. He allready missed one night of his vacation, he'll probably miss the second one, but he'll still have to pay for it. Is airline responsible for reimbursing him for that? I understant that airline is going to say the it was due to higher forece (weather), but could he argue it is their fault if they don't have proper snow remowall equipment (airport in that case, not airline)?

Thank you

The problem is not only the snow but the wind and low visibility as well. I don't think proper snow removal equipment would have made a big impact here.
This is not a IST problem, it happens at other places too, LHR and AMS were chaos last week due to weather.

mustang997

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:40 am

mict wrote:
mustang997 wrote:
Hi guys

Thank you

The problem is not only the snow but the wind and low visibility as well. I don't think proper snow removal equipment would have made a big impact here.
This is not a IST problem, it happens at other places too, LHR and AMS were chaos last week due to weather.

So he shouldn't expect anything?

curlyheadboy

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:25 am

Flanders wrote:
curlyheadboy wrote:

I feel sorry for you my friend. I hope things get solved quickly but I fear you will not get home before the end of the weekend.
While these are exceptionel circumstances, getting put in a shabby hotel with no info at all, is so sad considering you paid business class.
This is not the kind of service you expect from the "best airline in Europe".

I think EK are probably overwhelmed, they had no one of their staff meeting us at Bodrum, I guess they don't have much business here, so we got taken care by the airport workers and the bus company. They distributed the passengers of our 777 (half empty in J but packed in Y) in 2 hotels. They made no distinction between business and economy passengers, actually I believe some of the folks flying Y got the better hotel.
I fly a lot for my work (100+ flights every year) and there fore I learned the only attitude that is useful during travel disruptions is to stay calm and take it easy, I got a room to rest and they gave me food. The premium customer logic went missing in this circumstance, so be it, it is the way it is. The only thing I have with TK is they're nowhere to be found or reached since we landed at 7 this morning. Even if they have no real solution at the moment it would be nice to get at least a call or a text telling they apologize and are working on a solution.

mict

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:51 am

mustang997 wrote:
mict wrote:
mustang997 wrote:
Hi guys

Thank you

Maybe a discount coupon to use on future travel but I wouldn't expect more.

Outside the EU, airline do not have to compensate you if they get you to your destination late even if it's their fault. Last time I was stranded by an airline it was Air Canada on a transatlantic flight because their aircraft had a tech issue and all they gave me was a 25% discount coupon for a future booking.

AirbusA343

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:59 am

Does anyone think we're going to see some wide bodies on routes that don't usually get them due to these cancellations?

mustang997

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:07 pm

mict wrote:
mustang997 wrote:
mict wrote:

Maybe a discount coupon to use on future travel but I wouldn't expect more.

Outside the EU, airline do not have to compensate you if they get you to your destination late even if it's their fault. Last time I was stranded by an airline it was Air Canada on a transatlantic flight because their aircraft had a tech issue and all they gave me was a 25% discount coupon for a future booking.

But his point of origin was Italy (EU) and his final destination is Athens - Greece (EU). It was all a single ticket.

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:38 pm

I would not expect anything from TK at the end. They are terrible during IRROPs. This was a long time ago but when I got stranded on a IST-JFK flight in BOS for 3 nights. (I eventually took things into my hand and took a bus to NY, instead of waiting TK to do something for me), I was offered 5000 miles. What a joke!!I read that TK served over 20000 meals at IST. They will put you in a hotel, give food that is it. No communications, call center will not answer phones. When I was in BOS ten year ago, same thing. The hotel management called us to let us know if the flight was to leave.

By the way friends, I have a question: Those two planes landing at Elazig airport, how did they do passport/customs control? Thanks.
Be safe, Hope everyone gets to where ever they are traveling to soon.

Things must be getting better at IST: IST-JFK and IST-LAX just took off. SAW still doing better with landings and takeoffs.

curlyheadboy

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:10 pm

On a brighter note, while deplanimg in Bodrum, the sight of the 773 sitting by itself on the deserted apron was great: that thing is massive, what a beautiful machine! I couldn't resist snapping a picture with my cellphone, I'm an enthusiast after all. :)
Still stranded and no words from TK, if they don't show up I'll tell their mom she could take that nice airplane from them. ;)

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:33 pm

curlyheadboy wrote:
On a brighter note, while deplanimg in Bodrum, the sight of the 773 sitting by itself on the deserted apron was great: that thing is massive, what a beautiful machine! I couldn't resist snapping a picture with my cellphone, I'm an enthusiast after all. :)
Still stranded and no words from TK, if they don't show up I'll tell their mom she could take that nice airplane from them. ;)

We will keep you company while stranded :)
Yes, I love the 77W. I try to take it between JFK-IST. Compared to A333, it is more than1/2 hr. faster on the same route. Love those GE90 engines.
By the way, Bodrum airport closed down its International terminal to save money this winter. I wonder what did they have to do to receive you guys?
IST still doing better; TK's IAD and BRU flights took off. So, there is light at the end of the tunnel, wind will be down to 15kt and visibility better this evening.
Hang in there

curlyheadboy

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 pm

TK787 wrote:
curlyheadboy wrote:

We will keep you company while stranded :)
Yes, I love the 77W. I try to take it between JFK-IST. Compared to A333, it is more than1/2 hr. faster on the same route. Love those GE90 engines.
By the way, Bodrum airport closed down its International terminal to save money this winter. I wonder what did they have to do to receive you guys?
IST still doing better; TK's IAD and BRU flights took off. So, there is light at the end of the tunnel, wind will be down to 15kt and visibility better this evening.
Hang in there

They re-opened the immigration and the baggage claim areas, the rest of the terminal was dark and cold. They managed to handle us passengers with 3 airport staff and two immigration officers, took some time but in the end they made it. Last information through the hotel owner is that a pickup is due tomorrow at 7am. I could not reach TK by any means to get a confirmation, no one showed up, no emails, no texts and the call center does nor answer calls and that's the only thing that disappoints me, more than 12 hours into this contingency and not a sign of life from the airline.... let's hope it's true we're going tomorrow, I sort of look forward to flying the shortest hop I ever had on a 77W ;)
Thanks for the company mate :)

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Hey, from the looks of it nothing has changed at TK over the last 10 years. Hotel owner helps you out more than the TK call center. The reason is that the hotel owners are in touch with the crew that is going to take you back to IST. Well enjoy the short hop and hope you don't get stuck there much longer. At least you will get stuck at the Turkish Lounge at IST and get better help there for your connection.
By the way, it is a shame that there are more Pegasus jets in the air than TK at the moment.
Why SAW/Pegasus doing a better job with only single runway?

solarflyer22

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:50 pm

I'm surprised there is enough interest to keep this thread going monthly.I don't know of any aviation market facing as much turmoil as Turkey at the moment. There is no economic stability, political stability or good news forthcoming. In the past year there's been an attempted coup detat, terrorist attacks at tourists sites and the airport as well as a straight up assassination. Goldman Sachs ranked it the most unstable country to invest in the world actually.

MalevTU134

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:51 am

solarflyer22 wrote:
I'm surprised there is enough interest to keep this thread going monthly.I don't know of any aviation market facing as much turmoil as Turkey at the moment. There is no economic stability, political stability or good news forthcoming. In the past year there's been an attempted coup detat, terrorist attacks at tourists sites and the airport as well as a straight up assassination. Goldman Sachs ranked it the most unstable country to invest in the world actually.

You, and Goldman Sachs, are welcome to get to know Venezuela....

curlyheadboy

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:04 am

28 hours after landing I'm still stranded in Bodrum with no word from TK. Now I'm getting quite worried also because it's supposed to start snowing again in Istanbul tomorrow.
I was thinking to fly Pegasus to Istanbul and then possibly mxp or anywhere in Europe where I can get a connection... do you guys have any ideas/suggestions? Help appreciated.

Yakamoz

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:23 am

curlyheadboy wrote:
28 hours after landing I'm still stranded in Bodrum with no word from TK. Now I'm getting quite worried also because it's supposed to start snowing again in Istanbul tomorrow.
I was thinking to fly Pegasus to Istanbul and then possibly mxp or anywhere in Europe where I can get a connection... do you guys have any ideas/suggestions? Help appreciated.

The situation is really bad these days. But you have to find any contact with TK in any way possible.

https://twitter.com/TurkishAirlines/sta ... 7767029761

See these tweets or others of this account. If TK could'nt help, maybe fly with Pegasus to SAW and then MXP. If there is a possibility, drive to Izmir and with Sunexpress to Europe.

mict

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:22 am

Yakamoz wrote:
curlyheadboy wrote:

The situation is really bad these days. But you have to find any contact with TK in any way possible.

See these tweets or others of this account. If TK could'nt help, maybe fly with Pegasus to SAW and then MXP. If there is a possibility, drive to Izmir and with Sunexpress to Europe.

I would also recommend driving to Izmir and get a SunExpress flight directly to Europe.
It's about a 3 hour drive and you will avoid the uncertitude of the weather in SAW / IST.

I also wonder why they didn't divert long haul flights to ADB instead of other more remote places? ADB has great terminal facility / space and can handle multiple widebodies

MalevTU134

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:16 am

mict wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
curlyheadboy wrote:

I would also recommend driving to Izmir and get a SunExpress flight directly to Europe.
It's about a 3 hour drive and you will avoid the uncertitude of the weather in SAW / IST.

I also wonder why they didn't divert long haul flights to ADB instead of other more remote places? ADB has great terminal facility / space and can handle multiple widebodies

That's what I wondered too, when the whole chaos started 2 days ago (although I suggested ESB, for lack of knowledge about capacity at airports in Turkey). The idea being, of course, moving as big part as is possible of the IST hub temporarily, thus keeping a great chunk of the transfer traffic flowing, instead of as it is today, with passengers stuck everywhere. The reply I got here was that "TK people know what they are doing" when longhaul flights started to kiss the asphalt of Bodrum and Elizag... I'm even more sceptical today of their plan for this contingency.

Yakamoz

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:38 am

curlyheadboy wrote:

I have seen now Atlasglobal flying Bodrum - Istanbul now. Maybe try them.

Avianca

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:58 am

was yesterday Night booked on hav-ccs flight which got cancled As well.

I totally understand that this can happen but I am shooked how TK Is Managing the situation.

1. 6 hours wait to get rebooked, no alternative Routing Not Even with star carrier is provided.
2. Rude customer service agentens.
3. I am wondering why the long haul flights were cancled as situation improved a lot since evening (much better visibility)
4. No hotel was provided at all
5. The so called 20000 meals were just small sandwiches.

For sure tk is Not the best carrier in europe - and not even qualify to be in star alliance with such poor handling.... once again they prove that they give nothing to Business and star gold customers.

Regards
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

MalevTU134

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Avianca wrote:

I totally understand that this can happen but I am shooked how TK Is Managing the situation.

1. 6 hours wait to get rebooked, no alternative Routing Not Even with star carrier is provided.
3. I am wondering why the long haul flights were cancled as situation improved a lot since evening (much better visibility)

For sure tk is Not the best carrier in europe - and not even qualify to be in star alliance with such poor handling.... once again they prove that they give nothing to Business and star gold customers.

Regards
Avianca

1) That is weird, since I know for a fact that travel agents in Scandinavia are given totally free hands to rebook and reissue tickets on any carrier, just to get the passengers to their destination. But it has probably to do with point 2)....

2) What's new?

3) Probably because planes sit at Elizag and other small airports, while crew, passengers, catering etc is elsewhere. Lack of organizational skills.

4) They probably claim force majeure.

5) Probably can't expect 3-course meals in a chaos as this.

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Just like I imagined yesterday, this mess can not be solved by TK until Monday-Tuesday. TK is terrible during IRROPs, they have NO plans, NO B plans, no back up plans. Call Center is a joke, no one answers. Even if they did, they could spend an hour with you and can not resolve issues.
Other airlines is managing somehow at IST and SAW. I see Onur, Atlas and Pegasus having flights in the air. A friend was able to go to IST and fly to FRA with LH this morning with no issues. It is appalling what TK is doing to its pax.
And, to my friend that is still stuck at BJV, I would recommend what others said. If you have to go to MXP, I would not depend on TK to take care of you. I would take a bus to Izmir and get on any international flight to end this mess. You would be home tonight. I imagine TK will not reimburse you, only will send you an apology email, if that. Sorry for what you have to go through :(
Oh by the way, just go to TK's Facebook page and read the posts. People are stuck everywhere and not happy !!!!

Avianca

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:04 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
Avianca wrote:

Regards
Avianca

1) That is weird, since I know for a fact that travel agents in Scandinavia are given totally free hands to rebook and reissue tickets on any carrier, just to get the passengers to their destination. But it has probably to do with point 2)....

2) What's new?

3) Probably because planes sit at Elizag and other small airports, while crew, passengers, catering etc is elsewhere. Lack of organizational skills.

4) They probably claim force majeure.

5) Probably can't expect 3-course meals in a chaos as this.

Yes only TK! A customer in Front of me, fullpaying business class to Astana was rebooked to 5 days later Flight on TK.

When I asked for alternatives via jfk, gru, mia they rebooked me ok todays jfk Flight ... when i received the ticket it was only issued to jfk, when i asked what about a Connection to jfk they told me that this Is Not possible - despide of multiple 1 stop flights of star Carrier into ccs....

I had the same issue during last year airport attack, stranded in Bogota - Not even 1 pax was reebooked on non tk flights! A shame!

In Ist were since friday 75% of the operative a332 fleet they are using for the northern South America flights... i suspect that they cancled As 98% of pax on these flights are transit.

It might force mayor - just wondering how other airlines are managing the situation and are flying! Would recomend tk to invest in the pilots and upgrade their cat in order to be able to fly under these conditions. An airline proofs their quality in case of these situations! Not only on catering quality etc.... poor in my opinion to claim force mayor and not helping the customer at all.

Regards
Avianca

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:48 pm

Finally, I see a lot of planes returning to IST, even a 77W from BJV!!! I hope our friend is on it and makes it to MXP tomorrow :)

Avianca

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:52 pm

TK787 wrote:
Finally, I see a lot of planes returning to IST, even a 77W from BJV!!! I hope our friend is on it and makes it to MXP tomorrow :)

TK787 what Is expected for monday/tuesday 2am intercontinental departures?
Hope that my flight to Ccs is Not cancled again .... in the meantime trying to enjoy the snow in IST

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Avianca wrote:
TK787 wrote:

TK787 what Is expected for monday/tuesday 2am intercontinental departures?
Hope that my flight to Ccs is Not cancled again .... in the meantime trying to enjoy the snow in IST

Hello there Avianca, sorry you have to go through this. I have been reading your posts for years and respect you highly. I know not a whole lot more than you do. It seems like by Monday afternoon TK might get its ducks in a row, but there is snow Monday evening till late night. So, your guess is as good as mine.
Have a good stay, safe travels and happy landings.

LAXintl

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Per DHMI(national airport operator), 74 aircraft were diverted to 12 different airports in Turkey with some 10,271 passengers.

The scale of the weather event was biggest they recall experiencing. As mentioned it was not just snow, it was the strong continuous winds which made operations unsafe and outside of aircraft performance margins.
In addition many of the diversions were overnight hours which meant many of the receiving airports had minimal staff on duty to react.

In many ways it was a perfect storm: bad weather + heavy holiday passenger loads + minimal spare capability on the ground to handle the large volume of irregular ops.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

curlyheadboy

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanks all for the advices, I could finally reach IST with the TK 77w that was still sitting in Bodrum, I might make it home tomorrow as I am checked in to the IST-MXP flight at 08:55am. Had to book and pay for my hotel tonight as IST is hell and TK are overwhelmed, endless lines to every counter and people camping in the halls. Many flights are being canceled still, I hope for a happy ending to this ordeal tomorrow. Cheers!

mustang997

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 pm

After being stuck in Istanbul for full 2 days, my friend had to go to main Turkish office in the city to get anything done. He managed to get himself rebooked to a flight tomorrow morning. Guess what happened a few hours later? :) The flight got canceled, so tomorrow he has to go there again on his own expenses, to try to get himself another flight. I found this customer service appalling, below any norm. No one is giving information, noone can be reached and they have to pay their own expenses for taxi to arrange themself a new flight.

The saga continues...

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:46 pm

curlyheadboy wrote:
Thanks all for the advices, I could finally reach IST with the TK 77w that was still sitting in Bodrum, I might make it home tomorrow as I am checked in to the IST-MXP flight at 08:55am. Had to book and pay for my hotel tonight as IST is hell and TK are overwhelmed, endless lines to every counter and people camping in the halls. Many flights are being canceled still, I hope for a happy ending to this ordeal tomorrow. Cheers!

-Finally :)
How were you able to check into the MXP flight, in Bodrum?? Did TK offer a hotel room at all? Thanks.

-About the passenger had to travel to city center to change ticket. Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow?
Safe travels everyone.

curlyheadboy

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Just got an email that my flight of tomorrow is now canceled. This is the craziest thing that ever happened to me in 13 years of frequent flying, I left Manila Friday, I'm still stranded.... being rebooked via call center is impossible, therefore I'll go to the airport and get any flight outta here, no matter where to... :(

mustang997

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Will do. Are you with TK?

jmmadrid

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:59 pm

curlyheadboy wrote:
Just got an email that my flight of tomorrow is now canceled. This is the craziest thing that ever happened to me in 13 years of frequent flying, I left Manila Friday, I'm still stranded.... being rebooked via call center is impossible, therefore I'll go to the airport and get any flight outta here, no matter where to... :(

Except Bodrum, Elazig or Manila! :) :)

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Oh my :(
Sorry to hear that "curlyheadboy". There is a LH 1304 coming to IST from FRA, in the air now. This is the same A320 that will do FRA-IST tomorrow morning. I think it leaves IST 7:25am for FRA. This is the flight my best friend took this morning from IST. He just called me from Seattle. That could be a good option for you, good luck.

"mustang997", No I'm not with TK, just a regular guy interested in civil aviation. Good luck to your friend also.

Avianca

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 am

Seems that today morning weather conditions are getting worse again but should quite improve as from evening. I really hope that my Flight to Ccs Is not again cancled. Y will try to go as early possible to the airport... cheers from winter wonderland Istanbul.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos