flyingfromcvg
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:44 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:12 pm

WWads wrote:
It would be nice if DL would base a few CS100s here, or perhaps open a 717 base once they come back from the West Coast.


I think the 717 base is much more likely but not a probable. If they are going to open a 737 base at CVG it may not happen either. 737s plus CRJ/7/9s take care of pretty much anything DL will likely do here. There doesn't seem to be a great reason to base 717 pilots here. As for CS100/300, we might see them coming in from NYC, SEA and LAX but they won't be based here.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:38 pm

flyingfromcvg wrote:
If they are going to open a 737 base at CVG it may not happen either.

CVG already has a 737 base, but it was expanded after the MD-88 base was closed.
 
CVGDTWfan
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:28 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:36 am

cvgComair wrote:
WWads wrote:
Unlike past LCC attempts at CVG, it doesn't appear that fare matching is driving customers back to Delta. There's lots of bad feelings toward them around here. For me, I only really fly DL, so I'm glad to pay much lower fares on newly competitive routes, but still.

One thing DL has going for them is a loyal customer base in Cincinnati that they have built up over decades. I have always (and will for the foreseeable future) only fly DL in the US. As a result of the lower fares they have been putting out in Cincinnati, I have flew almost double the amount this year as I did in 2016. I don't plan on using Allegiant/Frontier, because they are actually more expensive most of the time compared to DL, especially with bag fees/seat selections/snacks. It really depends on the flier as well, I don't fly to many "leisure" destinations, mostly LAX/SFO/SJC/SEA/SAN + Asia, so LCC's are of little help to me.

I do hope DL continues to grow, year-round SEA is the biggest priority IMO. I would also like to see some larger aircraft to replace the CRJ-200's on business routes such as CVG-PHL/BWI/CLT.


I flew through CVG the other day and I found it interesting to note that they had a few advertisements in concourse B noting that they're the only airline to serve 35 nonstop destinations from CVG with an increase in capacity to certain routes. I also noticed a lot more Delta ads through the Cincy area than usual when I was down there. It's like they're starting to "care" about CVG again. Perhaps the strong local passenger numbers for them plus the increased growth of LCC's is starting to slowly but surely wake the sleeping DL giant at CVG again.
 
flyguy89
Posts: 2565
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:29 am

CVGDTWfan wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
WWads wrote:
Unlike past LCC attempts at CVG, it doesn't appear that fare matching is driving customers back to Delta. There's lots of bad feelings toward them around here. For me, I only really fly DL, so I'm glad to pay much lower fares on newly competitive routes, but still.

One thing DL has going for them is a loyal customer base in Cincinnati that they have built up over decades. I have always (and will for the foreseeable future) only fly DL in the US. As a result of the lower fares they have been putting out in Cincinnati, I have flew almost double the amount this year as I did in 2016. I don't plan on using Allegiant/Frontier, because they are actually more expensive most of the time compared to DL, especially with bag fees/seat selections/snacks. It really depends on the flier as well, I don't fly to many "leisure" destinations, mostly LAX/SFO/SJC/SEA/SAN + Asia, so LCC's are of little help to me.

I do hope DL continues to grow, year-round SEA is the biggest priority IMO. I would also like to see some larger aircraft to replace the CRJ-200's on business routes such as CVG-PHL/BWI/CLT.


I flew through CVG the other day and I found it interesting to note that they had a few advertisements in concourse B noting that they're the only airline to serve 35 nonstop destinations from CVG with an increase in capacity to certain routes. I also noticed a lot more Delta ads through the Cincy area than usual when I was down there. It's like they're starting to "care" about CVG again. Perhaps the strong local passenger numbers for them plus the increased growth of LCC's is starting to slowly but surely wake the sleeping DL giant at CVG again.

I have long thought that LCC penetration in the Cincinnati market could actually be good for DL. CVG has a pretty large catchment area and has always led the region in breadth of nonstop destinations served, but local passenger traffic had long been suppressed by the high fares. With LCC service, fares have now come down across the board and, while DL may not be getting the yields it used to with its near-monopoly, taking a CVG nonstop is now a viable option (if not the cheapest, most convenient option) to hundreds of thousands of potential passengers in markets like Lexington and Dayton. Rising tide lifts all boats, so-to-speak.
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Will CVG ever get a low cost international carrier such as Norwegian?
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
Will CVG ever get a low cost international carrier such as Norwegian?

Norwegian takes delivery of 30 A321LR's starting in 2019. It's 737's can the reach the East Coast, so the LR's could be used to start some midwestern routes. I think CVG-LGW would do quite well.

WOW does not have many aircraft on order, so I am not sure I see them adding service. Plus, I don't see how a stopover in KEF is any more convenient than going through NYC/CHI. Condor, which is a "leisure" airline, might be able to make CVG-FRA work, however, they don't have any aircraft on order and I think they have higher priorities than CVG right now.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Looks like the first G4 emergency landing at CVG. The plane was bound for LAS and had a right engine failure shortly after takeoff, then subsequently returned to Cincinnati. http://www.fox19.com/story/35941748/all ... vg-airport

Given the amount of G4 flights at CVG, I am surprised it has taken this long for this to happen!
 
MichianaOrthx
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:51 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Looks like the first G4 emergency landing at CVG. The plane was bound for LAS and had a right engine failure shortly after takeoff, then subsequently returned to Cincinnati. http://www.fox19.com/story/35941748/all ... vg-airport

Given the amount of G4 flights at CVG, I am surprised it has taken this long for this to happen!


G4 seems to have persistent mechanical issues with their flights, which is why I avoid them, despite their inciting fares.
 
flyCMH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 1999 12:15 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:29 am

The DL weekly schedule change has some small, nice surprises for CMH:

Delta will do a one-time only nonstop to LAS on 08JAN for the Consumer Electronics Show held their annually. Equipment scheduled as a 738.

Delta will sub in a 757 for the first morning CMH-ATL flight on Sat, Wed, and Thu through the month of September.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:45 pm

flyCMH wrote:
The DL weekly schedule change has some small, nice surprises for CMH:

Delta will do a one-time only nonstop to LAS on 08JAN for the Consumer Electronics Show held their annually. Equipment scheduled as a 738.

Delta will sub in a 757 for the first morning CMH-ATL flight on Sat, Wed, and Thu through the month of September.


There'll also be customary Bowl charter wherever OSU lands in late December/early January, which usually runs on a 757 (and usually requires organ donation to get on).
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:29 pm

MSP-CMH gets a 738 at least once a week in September- I just booked a ticket on the terminator at the end of the month expecting an MD-90 or RJ and was surprised to see the seat map as a 738.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
Natesantiago88
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:24 am

AF1 should be at YNG Tuesday, anyone know the ETA?
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:20 am

@4:32 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dCZWeDD0I, does anyone know what is up with the regional aircraft with the same livery on the North Cargo Ramp? I have never seen this before.
 
User avatar
AirportRival
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 am

cvgComair wrote:
@4:32 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dCZWeDD0I, does anyone know what is up with the regional aircraft with the same livery on the North Cargo Ramp? I have never seen this before.


That was the weekend of the NASCAR race in Sparta, KY. Those are the personal and charter jets of the big money people.
A319, A320, A321, B1900F, B737-300, B737-400, B737-400F, B737-700, B737-800, B757-200, B757-200F, B767-200F, B767-300F, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, ERJ-145, E-170, E-175, MD-80, SD3-60F
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:35 am

AirportRival wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
@4:32 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dCZWeDD0I, does anyone know what is up with the regional aircraft with the same livery on the North Cargo Ramp? I have never seen this before.


That was the weekend of the NASCAR race in Sparta, KY. Those are the personal and charter jets of the big money people.

Thanks!
 
jplatts
Posts: 2764
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:27 am

Is Southwest going to announce new nonstop service out of CVG and/or CMH on Thursday? Southwest actually has done springtime schedule expansions involving the addition of new nonstop routes in the past, including the addition of new nonstop service from STL to BNA, MSY, RDU, SEA, and SAN in May 2010, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to CMH, IND, MEM, MKE, SMF, SJC, SEA, PDX back in March 2015, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to BUR in April 2016, the addition of nonstop service to ICT from PHX and STL in April 2016, and the addition of seasonal weekend-only nonstop service between DAL and JAX back in March of this year.
 
flyCMH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 1999 12:15 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:38 am

jplatts wrote:
Is Southwest going to announce new nonstop service out of CVG and/or CMH on Thursday?


We'll find out on Thursday. In the meantime, patience is a virtue.
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm

jplatts wrote:
Is Southwest going to announce new nonstop service out of CVG and/or CMH on Thursday? Southwest actually has done springtime schedule expansions involving the addition of new nonstop routes in the past, including the addition of new nonstop service from STL to BNA, MSY, RDU, SEA, and SAN in May 2010, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to CMH, IND, MEM, MKE, SMF, SJC, SEA, PDX back in March 2015, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to BUR in April 2016, the addition of nonstop service to ICT from PHX and STL in April 2016, and the addition of seasonal weekend-only nonstop service between DAL and JAX back in March of this year.


Stop with all the speculation we will find out Thursday. I doubt CVG. I don't want to here "Oh well DAL is a hub and doesn't have service". Possibly for Columbus. Not sure.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:00 pm

jplatts wrote:
Is Southwest going to announce new nonstop service out of CVG and/or CMH on Thursday? Southwest actually has done springtime schedule expansions involving the addition of new nonstop routes in the past, including the addition of new nonstop service from STL to BNA, MSY, RDU, SEA, and SAN in May 2010, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to CMH, IND, MEM, MKE, SMF, SJC, SEA, PDX back in March 2015, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to BUR in April 2016, the addition of nonstop service to ICT from PHX and STL in April 2016, and the addition of seasonal weekend-only nonstop service between DAL and JAX back in March of this year.


I think the adds from DAL were WN's big expansion following the end of the Wright Amendment which you've, repeatedly, used as justification for DAL-CVG.

That said, it sounds like things haven't gone well for CVG yet and they haven't even been there two months. I wouldn't count on anything huge from WN for CVG anytime in the near future. The only time I can remember multiple new destinations out of CMH was in 2015, when they announced DCA/BOS/OAK/DAL on the same day. It took them just under 25 years to get anything that expansive in one day and that's been a good-sized station for the last decade.

If there's anything, I figure it'll be out of CMH.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:40 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
jplatts wrote:
Is Southwest going to announce new nonstop service out of CVG and/or CMH on Thursday? Southwest actually has done springtime schedule expansions involving the addition of new nonstop routes in the past, including the addition of new nonstop service from STL to BNA, MSY, RDU, SEA, and SAN in May 2010, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to CMH, IND, MEM, MKE, SMF, SJC, SEA, PDX back in March 2015, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to BUR in April 2016, the addition of nonstop service to ICT from PHX and STL in April 2016, and the addition of seasonal weekend-only nonstop service between DAL and JAX back in March of this year.


I think the adds from DAL were WN's big expansion following the end of the Wright Amendment which you've, repeatedly, used as justification for DAL-CVG.

That said, it sounds like things haven't gone well for CVG yet and they haven't even been there two months. I wouldn't count on anything huge from WN for CVG anytime in the near future. The only time I can remember multiple new destinations out of CMH was in 2015, when they announced DCA/BOS/OAK/DAL on the same day. It took them just under 25 years to get anything that expansive in one day and that's been a good-sized station for the last decade.

If there's anything, I figure it'll be out of CMH.


I could see something like MDW going down to 4X and SWA adds a 1x FLL/MCO/some other airport
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2886
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
jplatts wrote:
Is Southwest going to announce new nonstop service out of CVG and/or CMH on Thursday? Southwest actually has done springtime schedule expansions involving the addition of new nonstop routes in the past, including the addition of new nonstop service from STL to BNA, MSY, RDU, SEA, and SAN in May 2010, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to CMH, IND, MEM, MKE, SMF, SJC, SEA, PDX back in March 2015, the addition of new nonstop service from DAL to BUR in April 2016, the addition of nonstop service to ICT from PHX and STL in April 2016, and the addition of seasonal weekend-only nonstop service between DAL and JAX back in March of this year.


I think the adds from DAL were WN's big expansion following the end of the Wright Amendment which you've, repeatedly, used as justification for DAL-CVG.

That said, it sounds like things haven't gone well for CVG yet and they haven't even been there two months. I wouldn't count on anything huge from WN for CVG anytime in the near future. The only time I can remember multiple new destinations out of CMH was in 2015, when they announced DCA/BOS/OAK/DAL on the same day. It took them just under 25 years to get anything that expansive in one day and that's been a good-sized station for the last decade.

If there's anything, I figure it'll be out of CMH.


I could see something like MDW going down to 4X and SWA adds a 1x FLL/MCO/some other airport


What are the Florida routes like from CVG? As in Airlines and daily/weekly flights for each? Just curious how saturated it already is.
 
jplatts
Posts: 2764
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
What are the Florida routes like from CVG? As in Airlines and daily/weekly flights for each? Just curious how saturated it already is.


Southwest would have competitive advantages over Delta, Frontier, and Allegiant on CVG-MCO nonstop service if it adds nonstop service from MCO out of CVG. Southwest does not charge for the 1st and 2nd checked bags, whereas Delta, Frontier, and Allegiant all charge for checked bags. Delta and Southwest also do not charge for carry-on bags, whereas Allegiant and Frontier do charge for carry-on bags. In addition, Allegiant flies to Orlando Sanford International Airport, which is over 40 miles from Disney World, whereas Delta, Frontier, and Southwest all serve Orlando International Airport, which is less than 20 miles from the Disney World resort. Some of the families who fly to and from Orlando on vacation do check bags, and there would be travelers who would choose to fly Southwest to MCO from CVG instead of Delta or Frontier if Southwest added nonstop service from MCO out of CVG as they can check bags on Southwest flights without having to pay checked bag fees. In addition, MCO is one of the top destinations from Cincinnati with approximately 200,000 passengers a year who travel between Cincinnati and Orlando.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
What are the Florida routes like from CVG? As in Airlines and daily/weekly flights for each? Just curious how saturated it already is.

Here is the schedule for the late Summer/Fall:

Delta (36 flights/week):
MCO: 14x/week, 738/MD88
FLL: 8x/week, 738
TPA: 7x/week, 712
RSW: 7x/week, CR9

Allegiant (35 flights/week):
SFB: 8x/week, MD80/A319/A320
PGD: 8x/week, A319/A320
PIE: 7x/week, A319
FLL: 7x/week, A319
VPS: 4x/week, A319
JAX: 2x/week, A319

Frontier (28 flights/week):
MCO: 14x/week, A320/A321
RSW: 7x/week, A321
TPA: 4x/week, A320
FLL/MIA: 3x/week, A320
JAX: TBA

American (7 flights/week):
MIA: 7x/week, ERJ-145

Overall (flights per day):
MCO/SFB: 5.2
MIA/FLL: 3.6
RSW/PGD: 3.2
TPA/PIE: 2.6
VPS: 0.6
JAX: 0.3
Last edited by cvgComair on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2886
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:01 pm

jplatts wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
What are the Florida routes like from CVG? As in Airlines and daily/weekly flights for each? Just curious how saturated it already is.


Southwest would have competitive advantages over Delta, Frontier, and Allegiant on CVG-MCO nonstop service if it adds nonstop service from MCO out of CVG. Southwest does not charge for the 1st and 2nd checked bags, whereas Delta, Frontier, and Allegiant all charge for checked bags. Delta and Southwest also do not charge for carry-on bags, whereas Allegiant and Frontier do charge for carry-on bags. In addition, Allegiant flies to Orlando Sanford International Airport, which is over 40 miles from Disney World, whereas Delta, Frontier, and Southwest all serve Orlando International Airport, which is less than 20 miles from the Disney World resort. Some of the families who fly to and from Orlando on vacation do check bags, and there would be travelers who would choose to fly Southwest to MCO from CVG instead of Delta or Frontier if Southwest added nonstop service from MCO out of CVG as they can check bags on Southwest flights without having to pay checked bag fees. In addition, MCO is one of the top destinations from Cincinnati with approximately 200,000 passengers a year who travel between Cincinnati and Orlando.


Well that would all depend on total price on who has an advantage wouldn't it? There are plenty of times even when paying for checking bags that other airlines are cheaper than WN. I am not assuming they all will be priced the same. I also am going to assume DL and F9 (as well as others) have built up some loyalty since they have been there longer than WN. So I disagree WN has some kind of competitive advantage over every other airline just because of bag fees, when that is all you are taking into account in your argument. I fly at least once a month and I very rarely check a bag even though I fly WN (and it would be free) most of the time, so I would imagine a lot of other people also fall into that same boat. Thus, I don't see bag fees as some huge disadvantage.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2886
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:06 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
What are the Florida routes like from CVG? As in Airlines and daily/weekly flights for each? Just curious how saturated it already is.

Here is the schedule for the late Summer/Fall:

Delta (36 flights/week):
MCO: 14x/week, 738/MD88
FLL: 8x/week, 738
TPA: 7x/week, 712
RSW: 7x/week, CR9

Allegiant (35 flights/week):
SFB: 8x/week, MD80/A319/A320
PGD: 7x/week, A319/A320
PIE: 7x/week, A319
FLL: 7x/week, A319
VPS: 4x/week, A319
JAX: 2x/week, A319

Frontier (28 flights/week):
MCO: 14x/week, A320/A321
RSW: 7x/week, A321
TPA: 4x/week, A320
FLL/MIA: 3x/week, A320
JAX: TBA

American (7 flights/week):
MIA: 7x/week, ERJ-145

Overall (flights per day):
MCO/SFB: 5.2
MIA/FLL: 3.6
RSW/PGD: 3
TPA/PIE: 2.6
VPS: 0.6
JAX: 0.3


Pretty good numbers. I am guessing that WN might be able to handle 1 to MCO. I would say TPA, but DL only having 1 instead of 2 a day there makes me think demand isn't there. They might start it weekend only to MCO. That seems to be something they have been doing a lot the last 6 months or so.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Pretty good numbers. I am guessing that WN might be able to handle 1 to MCO. I would say TPA, but DL only having 1 instead of 2 a day there makes me think demand isn't there. They might start it weekend only to MCO. That seems to be something they have been doing a lot the last 6 months or so.

Yeah, DL cut its second daily TPA as part of a bigger Florida cut a few years ago. That eliminated CVG-JAX, pushed RSW/FLL to seasonal, and cut MCO from 3 to 1 daily departures. Since then DL has restored the MCO/RSW/FLL service, but TPA has remained at 1x/day. I could possibly see DL coming back onto TPA 2x/day next year with 717's, but I doubt WN could fit on the route with a 737.
 
WWads
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Can I get the full list of F9 adds, along with start dates? I'm going to update CVG's Wikipedia page.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:47 pm

WWads wrote:
Can I get the full list of F9 adds, along with start dates? I'm going to update CVG's Wikipedia page.


Careful- the routes with undetermined start dates may get yanked depending on who keeps an eye on the page. Somebody took CMH-AUS down.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
jplatts
Posts: 2764
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:50 pm

WWads wrote:
Can I get the full list of F9 adds, along with start dates? I'm going to update CVG's Wikipedia page.


Here is the press release that lists all of the new routes that Frontier is going to be starting in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018: https://www.flyfrontier.com/news/posts/2017/july/frontier-airlines-expands-low-fares-to-90-percent-of-the-us-population/
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 pm

WWads wrote:
Can I get the full list of F9 adds, along with start dates? I'm going to update CVG's Wikipedia page.

They are under hidden notes and should not be displayed since a firm announcement date is not announced yet. I have been patrolling most pages to make sure these routes are not being added yet.

DeltaRules wrote:
Careful- the routes with undetermined start dates may get yanked depending on who keeps an eye on the page. Somebody took CMH-AUS down.

That was me :-). Cannot be listed yet.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:04 pm

cvgComair wrote:
They are under hidden notes and should not be displayed since a firm announcement date is not announced yet. I have been patrolling most pages to make sure these routes are not being added yet.
Might want to check the GRR page if you haven't already, this morning they had DEN listed.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:38 pm

flymco753 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
They are under hidden notes and should not be displayed since a firm announcement date is not announced yet. I have been patrolling most pages to make sure these routes are not being added yet.
Might want to check the GRR page if you haven't already, this morning they had DEN listed.


on it
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:41 pm

WWads wrote:
Can I get the full list of F9 adds, along with start dates? I'm going to update CVG's Wikipedia page.


Dont worry about it, cvgcomair will beat you to it 100% of the time
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Why can't they be posted to indicate the service is coming?
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:14 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
Why can't they be posted to indicate the service is coming?


Not an exact date
 
flyingfromcvg
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:44 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
What are the Florida routes like from CVG? As in Airlines and daily/weekly flights for each? Just curious how saturated it already is.


Southwest would have competitive advantages over Delta, Frontier, and Allegiant on CVG-MCO nonstop service if it adds nonstop service from MCO out of CVG. Southwest does not charge for the 1st and 2nd checked bags, whereas Delta, Frontier, and Allegiant all charge for checked bags. Delta and Southwest also do not charge for carry-on bags, whereas Allegiant and Frontier do charge for carry-on bags. In addition, Allegiant flies to Orlando Sanford International Airport, which is over 40 miles from Disney World, whereas Delta, Frontier, and Southwest all serve Orlando International Airport, which is less than 20 miles from the Disney World resort. Some of the families who fly to and from Orlando on vacation do check bags, and there would be travelers who would choose to fly Southwest to MCO from CVG instead of Delta or Frontier if Southwest added nonstop service from MCO out of CVG as they can check bags on Southwest flights without having to pay checked bag fees. In addition, MCO is one of the top destinations from Cincinnati with approximately 200,000 passengers a year who travel between Cincinnati and Orlando.


Well that would all depend on total price on who has an advantage wouldn't it? There are plenty of times even when paying for checking bags that other airlines are cheaper than WN. I am not assuming they all will be priced the same. I also am going to assume DL and F9 (as well as others) have built up some loyalty since they have been there longer than WN. So I disagree WN has some kind of competitive advantage over every other airline just because of bag fees, when that is all you are taking into account in your argument. I fly at least once a month and I very rarely check a bag even though I fly WN (and it would be free) most of the time, so I would imagine a lot of other people also fall into that same boat. Thus, I don't see bag fees as some huge disadvantage.


I think the reason bag fees are important on MCO routes is the Disney Magical Express. The complimentary transportation that comes with stays at Disney properties takes checked luggage directly to your room. On the return, you check your bags at the resort. I hardly ever check bags despite elite status that keeps me from paying fees. However, I always check my bags going to MCO when staying at a Disney resort. For that reason, I can see WN having an advantage in the minds of people that don't have elite status with an airline. Of course $39 one-ways on Frontier plus bag fees can end up being more compelling but all the seats aren't $39.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:32 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
They are under hidden notes and should not be displayed since a firm announcement date is not announced yet. I have been patrolling most pages to make sure these routes are not being added yet.
Might want to check the GRR page if you haven't already, this morning they had DEN listed.


on it
Figured I'd let you know since you have it pretty well handled on wiki.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:29 am

flymco753 wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
Might want to check the GRR page if you haven't already, this morning they had DEN listed.


on it
Figured I'd let you know since you have it pretty well handled on wiki.

Thanks, I changed it right after you notified me. I actually had already changed it but someone added the routes back. That is the “fun” of Wikipedia :-).
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:46 pm

WN's route announcements were lackluster: IND-CUN (Saturday only) and MKE-HOU.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
izbtmnhd
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:58 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
WN's route announcements were lackluster: IND-CUN (Saturday only) and MKE-HOU.


CLE-MCO (Saturday)
 
brooklynchris13
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 pm

https://skift.com/2017/07/27/alaska-air ... s-by-2018/

I could see CMH, CLE, and CVG being on the list, but I guess time will tell. Thoughts?
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (mg)
 
WWads
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:16 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
https://skift.com/2017/07/27/alaska-airlines-plans-to-launch-in-30-more-markets-by-2018/

I could see CMH, CLE, and CVG being on the list, but I guess time will tell. Thoughts?


I tend to think that an AS is inevitable at least at CVG.

If CVG still had excess space, I would say that it would be a candidate for an AS Midwest focus city/hub. Instead we're stuck with the likes of G4. That A expansion can't come soon enough.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:40 pm

CMH up 4.3% over the first half of last year, LCK passenger traffic up 34% and cargo up 21%. Other Columbus news and notes:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/ne ... glenn.html

brooklynchris13 wrote:
https://skift.com/2017/07/27/alaska-airlines-plans-to-launch-in-30-more-markets-by-2018/

I could see CMH, CLE, and CVG being on the list, but I guess time will tell. Thoughts?


Kinda repeating myself, but I feel like CMH-SEA is AS' to lose unless DL or F9 throw the block and start it first.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 pm

CVG-SLC will go to 2x/MD-90 on June 8. First time I have seen MD's on West Coast routes from CVG in a long time, I would have thought they would go all 738's with the expanded base. Of course this could change by next Summer, but it was since an interesting change I thought I would share it.
 
WWads
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:22 pm

cvgComair wrote:
CVG-SLC will go to 2x/MD-90 on June 8. First time I have seen MD's on West Coast routes from CVG in a long time, I would have thought they would go all 738's with the expanded base. Of course this could change by next Summer, but it was since an interesting change I thought I would share it.


That's a major downgrade. Two A320s/738s to two MD90s?

Those flights are normally packed to the gills. I wonder what DL is thinking here.
 
flyguy89
Posts: 2565
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 pm

WWads wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
CVG-SLC will go to 2x/MD-90 on June 8. First time I have seen MD's on West Coast routes from CVG in a long time, I would have thought they would go all 738's with the expanded base. Of course this could change by next Summer, but it was since an interesting change I thought I would share it.


That's a major downgrade. Two A320s/738s to two MD90s?

Those flights are normally packed to the gills. I wonder what DL is thinking here.

Not it's not. DL A320s and 738s seat between 150-160 pax, their MD-90s seat 158-160 pax.
 
WWads
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:29 pm

flyguy89 wrote:
WWads wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
CVG-SLC will go to 2x/MD-90 on June 8. First time I have seen MD's on West Coast routes from CVG in a long time, I would have thought they would go all 738's with the expanded base. Of course this could change by next Summer, but it was since an interesting change I thought I would share it.


That's a major downgrade. Two A320s/738s to two MD90s?

Those flights are normally packed to the gills. I wonder what DL is thinking here.

Not it's not. DL A320s and 738s seat between 150-160 pax, their MD-90s seat 158-160 pax.


Yeah you're right. For some reason I had the 717 in my mind.
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 pm

WWads wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
WWads wrote:

That's a major downgrade. Two A320s/738s to two MD90s?

Those flights are normally packed to the gills. I wonder what DL is thinking here.

Not it's not. DL A320s and 738s seat between 150-160 pax, their MD-90s seat 158-160 pax.


Yeah you're right. For some reason I had the 717 in my mind.


And SLC has basically been 1 daily recently as well.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4146
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:31 pm

WWads wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
https://skift.com/2017/07/27/alaska-airlines-plans-to-launch-in-30-more-markets-by-2018/

I could see CMH, CLE, and CVG being on the list, but I guess time will tell. Thoughts?


I tend to think that an AS is inevitable at least at CVG.

If CVG still had excess space, I would say that it would be a candidate for an AS Midwest focus city/hub. Instead we're stuck with the likes of G4. That A expansion can't come soon enough.


Can you explain your reasoning as to why it would be the best candidate, considering F9/G4/DL all operate major operations there?
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
jplatts
Posts: 2764
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:52 am

Could Southwest add nonstop service from CVG to PDX? If Southwest did add nonstop service to PDX to CVG, it could continue the eastbound CVG-PDX flight to BWI after making a stop at CVG and it could continue one of the westbound BWI-CVG nonstops to PDX. Southwest could provide access to both the Cincinnati tri-state region and the Baltimore-Washington area from PDX if it added CVG-PDX nonstop service since CVG currently does not have any nonstop service to PDX, since BWI only sees seasonal nonstop service to PDX on Southwest Airlines and Alaska Airlines, and since there are only 5 daily nonstops between PDX and WAS (1 to BWI on WN, 1 to BWI on AS, 1 to DCA on AS, and 1 to IAD on UA).

There is business travel between Cincinnati and Portland, OR since Cincinnati-based Kroger owns the Fred Meyer chain, which is headquartered in Portland, OR, and since Cincinnati-based Macy's operates stores in the Portland, OR metropolitan area. In addition, PDX is one of the top destinations out of CVG that does not see any nonstop service out of CVG. Would Kroger or Macy's send employees who travel between Cincinnati and Portland on Southwest if Southwest added nonstop service to PDX from CVG?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos