Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Waterbomber

Re: 787 Seat width @9ab: significant drawback vs. A350?

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:44 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
When as an infrequent flyer you buy a Y ticket, from airline or Orbitz et alia, the comfort you are going to get is a crap shoot. If I knew that spending 10-15% more would get me more comfort I would do it. Never happens! In my case, short a little overweight it is not the seat width, it is what I do with my legs and especially when the person in front puts their seat full back. Pitch, or at least room in front of my knees makes a big difference. And as I have before mentioned, getting a motel is easy, the 5 star system tells me what I am going to get. I would like having a similar choice in flying. I would rate WN as 3 star reliably. JetBlue is similar. The rest??

You are talking about B6 and WN, but neither fly the Dreamliner nor 10 hour sectors.
Try the Dreamliner on a 8+ hour flight, come back and let's see what your reaction will be. It's worse than anything B6 or WN have to offer.

frmrCapCadet

Re: 787 Seat width @9ab: significant drawback vs. A350?

Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Waterbomber wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
When as an infrequent flyer you buy a Y ticket, from airline or Orbitz et alia, the comfort you are going to get is a crap shoot. If I knew that spending 10-15% more would get me more comfort I would do it. Never happens! In my case, short a little overweight it is not the seat width, it is what I do with my legs and especially when the person in front puts their seat full back. Pitch, or at least room in front of my knees makes a big difference. And as I have before mentioned, getting a motel is easy, the 5 star system tells me what I am going to get. I would like having a similar choice in flying. I would rate WN as 3 star reliably. JetBlue is similar. The rest??

You are talking about B6 and WN, but neither fly the Dreamliner nor 10 hour sectors.
Try the Dreamliner on a 8+ hour flight, come back and let's see what your reaction will be. It's worse than anything B6 or WN have to offer.

I believe you. I am curious what a slim line seat sliding(?) seat provides. Does it protect knee/leg space when the person in front reclines their seat? Can you eat or read comfortably when they do so. I thought with a 32 inch pitch it might be reasonably comfortable.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos