Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Clarkxwb
Topic Author

Emirates on time performance

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Noted this morning EK434 is over 3 hours late departing from DXB.
Yesterday's arrival into Brisbane was almost 5 hours late in arriving. The onward EK434 to AKL did not arrive there until I believe almost 7pm.
I understand DBX was fog issues recently, however this flight receives regular delays. Equivalent flights to SYD & MEL are usually on time in comparison.
What is going on?
I flew the BNE-AKL leg last year and I would have been extremely annoyed at a 5 hour delay!

JoKeR

Re: Emirates on time performance

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Winter fog which is quite common for Dubai at this time of the year plus inadequate twin runway operations at a very traffic heavy airport results in exactly what has been happening... extensive delays.

I have transited through Dubai many times over the past 10 years and I have never ever departed on time.

Arrival into Dubai has almost always resulted in endless circuits either over the Gulf or above the desert...

All in all... Emirates has become my last option for travel... it used to be my first choice, and DXB transit has a lot to do with it.

DFW789ER

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:57 pm

JoKeR wrote:
Winter fog which is quite common for Dubai at this time of the year plus inadequate twin runway operations at a very traffic heavy airport results in exactly what has been happening... extensive delays.

I have transited through Dubai many times over the past 10 years and I have never ever departed on time.

Arrival into Dubai has almost always resulted in endless circuits either over the Gulf or above the desert...

All in all... Emirates has become my last option for travel... it used to be my first choice, and DXB transit has a lot to do with it.

My issue with DXB and EK is less on-time performance than the absolute madhouse the terminals can be on the various banks of flights. Is ther terminal nice? Absolutely. Is it hassle free? No way. I've seen lines waiting to get into eating establishments and stores. Totally not worth it.

PerfectGriffin

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Emirates flights rarely depart on time from my experience especially at DXB. I suppose it's understandable given the size of their operation and layout of their terminals at DXB.

Qantas16

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:57 am

Clarkxwb wrote:
Noted this morning EK434 is over 3 hours late departing from DXB.
Yesterday's arrival into Brisbane was almost 5 hours late in arriving. The onward EK434 to AKL did not arrive there until I believe almost 7pm.
I understand DBX was fog issues recently, however this flight receives regular delays. Equivalent flights to SYD & MEL are usually on time in comparison.
What is going on?
I flew the BNE-AKL leg last year and I would have been extremely annoyed at a 5 hour delay!

The whole premise of your question is invalid because EK434 is not regularly delayed at all. It has had some bad delays in recent weeks with fog in DXB and a few other reasons but across the year it is very rarely delayed by more than 30mins.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:41 am

There are many delayed flight of EK yesterday such as flight EK332 to Manila was delayed for more than an hour. Any other flight that is delayed too?
Plane is always everything. Live in the UK. World Traveler and travel to the world and everywhere, looking great everyday and love for Travelling. Very nice to live and work hard everyday (except weekend). :D

smi0006

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 am

EK aircraft swaps are common at AKL to protect flights due to SYD curfew. If a flight looks like it's going tech the will swap the aircraft and send the issue aircraft to MEL or BNE. I assume this could be done upline in DXB also - however this is no different to any of the other consideration any airline would make in route/aircraft allocation

boysteve

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:11 am

It can depend on aircraft type rostering through DXB. IMHO EK17 from DXB-MAN is more punctual as an A388 than when it was a B773 a few years ago. Probably because they had only a few 427 seat B7773ER options at the time to shuffle things about at the time. How things change.
I have never missed a connection at DXB (I know many have). The closest I came was changing CMB-DXB-MAN. The incoming flight was late and landed 59 minutes before my connection departed. At this point the EK computer decided I missed the connection but the transfer process was easy and the two gates needed were very close. I arrived for the MAN flight at the gate 30 mins before departure to be told my connection was missed and I had been 'bumped' to the next flight. Other pax arrived at the gate AFTER me and were judged to be on time and allowed onboard! After 15 minutes of arguing I was eventually allowed to board the aircraft that I already had a boarding pass for and only after pax had arrived after me who were on time whilst I was judged to be late for being there before them. Grrrr EK. I understand that if I had a massive trek from one side of DXB to the other I would not of made it. However this showed that the apparent blanket EK policy of a 60 minute cut off was silly and just pissed pax off unnecessarily. My checked luggage did not make it btw, but then on the way out with a 3 hour change at DXB my luggage (J class) did not make it either so no difference!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos