Q
Topic Author

Lan Airways in past?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello:

I just browsing the route maps in the world. I came across Lan Airways route map. I do not know that SYD to Pichoy (ZAL) nonstop flight but the runway is short 6,870 feet. It was impossible to handle 767 or 707 or 747-200 in the past. Wasn't the typo route map drawing?

https://www.google.com/search?q=souther ... XLdQUTM%3A

click right side see "LAN Airways logo. You'll see route map look at this. It does not show route map of the time year it is.

Thanks,

Q

Polot

Re: Lan Airways in past?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:41 pm

To help clear things up, this is the route map OP is referring to:

http://airlinesprofile.blogspot.com/201 ... s-map.html

Mistral1

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:09 pm

First of all, it's not LAN Airways, it's LATAM or used to be LAN. Second, that route map has a lot of errors. Totally fan made.

Q
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Mistral1 wrote:
First of all, it's not LAN Airways, it's LATAM or used to be LAN. Second, that route map has a lot of errors. Totally fan made.

I know that! Look the topic "IN THE PAST". It was old named formerly "LAN AIRWAYS". Can't you read the route map ?

I asked about specific SYD-ZAL non stop flight if is it true or not?

Q

NatoSCL

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm

LAN never flew from Valdivia to Sydney.
As far as I know, they flew via Punta Arenas (PUQ) at some point because it was the shortest route from South America to Australia, but that was decades ago. For sure Valdivia has never been an international airport in the LAN network.

ZAL was not even able to support a A320 until a few years ago, and currently LATAM has only 1 flight a day from SCL, and it normally operates as a triangular route: SCL-ZAL-ZOS-SCL... or the other way around, not sure which one it stops at first.

I cannot imagine ZAL having a trans Pacific flight, with the tiny airport and runway...

I think it is some sort of wishful thinking by the person who uploaded that map. It even says "LAN AIRWAYS", which has never been the name of the company...

777klm

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Q wrote:
Mistral1 wrote:

I know that! Look the topic "IN THE PAST". It was old named formerly "LAN AIRWAYS". Can't you read the route map ?

I asked about specific SYD-ZAL non stop flight if is it true or not?

Q

Easy on your fellow A.Net friend there... Is was never named LAN Airways as Mistral1 points out.
It was Línea Aeropostal Santiago-Arica, then Línea Aérea Nacional de Chile, then it traded under its acronym LAN Chile and LAN. After the merger with TAM it became LATAM as it is known today.

The route map you're referring to seems to be a fake.
Home airport: AMS
Next flight: CNX - BKK

Q
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Ahh OK Thanks I didn't know I thought it was old named airline was Thanks for verify it

Q

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos