Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ameya
Topic Author

GoAir firms contract for 72 A320neo aircraft

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:21 am

Airbus has just announced that Go Air has firmed up contract for 72 A320neo aircraft which it had signed up as an MoU

Newbiepilot

Re: GoAir firms contract for 72 A320neo aircraft

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 am

It still amazes me that an airline with only 23 planes in its fleet can line up financing for 72 new planes. I would have thought Banks would be more careful after the amount of money they lost when Kingfisher failed.

log0008

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:44 am

Newbiepilot wrote:
It still amazes me that an airline with only 23 planes in its fleet can line up financing for 72 new planes. I would have thought Banks would be more careful after the amount of money they lost when Kingfisher failed.

They actually have 140 on order, this was a 'top up' of their second order of 72 A320neos. Also full financing is only on delivery and many may actually be delivered via leasing firms, meaning financing is not as difficult. Banks are getting more bullish in India thats to the 22% domestic growth seen to November 2016.

KarelXWB

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:46 am

Newbiepilot wrote:

People thought the same when IndiGo had 20 planes in operation and ordered 100 A320s. Now they operate more than 100 planes.

GoAir is a profitably airline. The one we should be worry about is SpiceJet. They went almost bankrupt and are about to order 50 additional 737 planes.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

atal17

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:02 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
The one we should be worry about is SpiceJet. They went almost bankrupt and are about to order 50 additional 737 planes.

Have you checked how they've been doing since they were on the verge of bankruptcy?

3 weeks after their almost-geddon, the previous promotor/CEO Ajay Singh stepped in and bought back his airline in entirety. Since then - Spicejet resolved all lessor issues, cleared debt from their books, underwent serious restructuring with capacity cuts starting January 2015. Since that quarter, Spicejet has been consistently profitable till today.

Add to that, since February-March 2015, Spicejet has had the highest load factor rates in every single month since within the Indian market. During that time, Spicejet supplemented additional capacity with wetleases for the most part (and picking up second hand leases now and then). So, I think that warrants a long-term fleet expansion plan, don't you?

RalXWB

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Congratulations to Airbus and another nice win for the A320 series!

anshabhi

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Respect for Spicejet :white:

Ajit Singh is a great person. :bigthumbsup:

I wish AI had more people like Ashwani Lohani and Ajit Singh

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos