Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

klm617

Re: Is is possible for DL to resume DTW-HKG? Begin DTW-MNL?

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:02 am

LAX772LR wrote:
commavia wrote:
Allow me to rephrase - DTW is the largest U.S. carrier transpacific gateway to East Asia.

Which, if we'll be honest, doesn't mean much of anything... as which direction flights head is strictly a factor of geography, and not a measure of the market's prowess in any real way.

And again, I doubt even that claim will hold; as the typical gauge in EWR rises from 77E to 77W, while DTW's shrinks from 744s to A359s.

Exactly my point thank you. Detroit is going to be less and less relevant in the Delta network as far as being their gateway to Asia it's going to be SEA and ATL while this market will continue to shrink. There is any mention of expansion in the pipeline as far as Detroit goes while there are plans is the works for LAX, SEA and ATL says a lot at how Delta views Detroit in their network over all.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

yeginleduc

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:14 am

DL would hopefully launch SEA-TPE before it trys SEA-MNL. I think it was mentioned before but UA doesn't even run SFO-MNL. So i wouldn't hold my breath on any other US carrier running anything non-stop to the US.

LAX772LR

Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:03 am

klm617 wrote:
Exactly my point thank you.

It has nothing to do with your inane "point." :roll:

b777900 wrote:
Why is Delta cutting service to NRT?

Because the premium shifted to HND, which has limited access. The NRT hub no longer makes financial sense in the way it did in past decades.

b777900 wrote:
and Why can't DL fly SEA-MNL ON A 350 NO OTHER airline has that non stop.

....in asking that question, did you ever stop to think **WHY** no other airline has a nonstop?
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos