bigfoot0503

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2017

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:12 am

jsta1981 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
The question about the new PDX-DTW AS nonstop led me to look at some more examples of the disparity between PDX and SEA using some AA, DL and UA hub cities. Nonstops.

SEA-PHL 5
PDX-PHL 0*

SEA-DTW 10
PDX-DTW 1^

SEA-IAH 8
PDX-IAH 2

*not counting seasonal
^ not including new AS nonstop

Some cities with nonstops to SEA but not PDX:

BNA MSY MIA FLL CVG TPA OKC ICT SAT RDU IND CHS

Seattle CSA 4.7 million
Portland CSA 3.2 million

Even accounting for hub status, larger population and other factors, some of the disparity is hard to explain. The airlines are continuing to lump Portland into the Seattle catchment area and forcing passengers through hubs. Without Alaska it would be worse.

It's actually not hard to explain. Seattle is a hub for 2 major airlines. It's economy is booming,

with multiple major multinational corporations employing hundreds of thousands people. It serves nearly double the population that pdx serves. It also isn't nearly as seasonal as pdx....pdx has it's steady year around business traffic and then in May the tourism traffic starts in pdx and airlines such as american, United, and delta nearly double the amount of daily flights they have at pdx.

I completely disagree with the statement regarding population...Seattle...double the population that PDX serves???

BlatantEcho

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:20 am

Alaska is on recording saying, in general, SEA traffic is double PDX for them on any route.

Population does not have to be 2x for double the demand or corresponding level of service.

pdxav8r

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:33 am

BlatantEcho wrote:
Alaska is on recording saying, in general, SEA traffic is double PDX for them on any route.

Population does not have to be 2x for double the demand or corresponding level of service.

Agreed. When you have massive corporations sending a ton of employees around the globe, you require a ton of service. Portland has nowhere near the amount of huge Fortune 500 companies sending employees worldwide as Seattle. If Portland had more than one, there would be more service. If you look at one of Portland's biggest employers, Intel, they have their own shuttle airline through HIO. And, Intel is basically production, not sales and upper management, which is based in the Silicon Valley. It is tiring to hear people try to compare Seattle and Portland. Population, wealth, and high end jobs don't come close to being able to form a reasonable comparison. Apples and Oranges.

jsta1981

Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:25 am

pdxav8r wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

Agreed. When you have massive corporations sending a ton of employees around the globe, you require a ton of service. Portland has nowhere near the amount of huge Fortune 500 companies sending employees worldwide as Seattle. If Portland had more than one, there would be more service. If you look at one of Portland's biggest employers, Intel, they have their own shuttle airline through HIO. And, Intel is basically production, not sales and upper management, which is based in the Silicon Valley. It is tiring to hear people try to compare Seattle and Portland. Population, wealth, and high end jobs don't come close to being able to form a reasonable comparison. Apples and

Agree very much. 2 completely different cities and economies.

jsta1981

Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:32 am

bigfoot0503 wrote:
jsta1981 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
The question about the new PDX-DTW AS nonstop led me to look at some more examples of the disparity between PDX and SEA using some AA, DL and UA hub cities. Nonstops.

SEA-PHL 5
PDX-PHL 0*

SEA-DTW 10
PDX-DTW 1^

SEA-IAH 8
PDX-IAH 2

*not counting seasonal
^ not including new AS nonstop

Some cities with nonstops to SEA but not PDX:

BNA MSY MIA FLL CVG TPA OKC ICT SAT RDU IND CHS

Seattle CSA 4.7 million
Portland CSA 3.2 million

Even accounting for hub status, larger population and other factors, some of the disparity is hard to explain. The airlines are continuing to lump Portland into the Seattle catchment area and forcing passengers through hubs. Without Alaska it would be worse.

It's actually not hard to explain. Seattle is a hub for 2 major airlines. It's economy is booming,

with multiple major multinational corporations employing hundreds of thousands people. It serves nearly double the population that pdx serves. It also isn't nearly as seasonal as pdx....pdx has it's steady year around business traffic and then in May the tourism traffic starts in pdx and airlines such as american, United, and delta nearly double the amount of daily flights they have at pdx.

I completely disagree with the statement regarding population...Seattle...double the population that PDX serves???

Lol ok. My bad. Lol.1.5 to 1.75 times the population of pdx with an absolutely booming economy, 2 major airline hubs, and multiple multinational companies with hundreds of thousands of employees sending their employees all over the world....lol...shouldnt be too difficult to reason why Seattle gets more direct flights than pdx. Lol

PDX757

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:41 pm

It's also important to note that on the state level, Washington in much more populous than Oregon. QX runs a lot of intrastate flights from SEA that no doubt help feed flights. By comparison, QX's Oregon ops are much less.

BlatantEcho

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Portland is a way better city than Seattle though

:D

jsta1981

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:14 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:

Agreed!

PDX757

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:16 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:

Everything that's cool about Seattle, Portland did it first :D
Like existing, and choo choos

BoeingGuy

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:34 pm

PDX757 wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

You mean like coffee, craft beer, music, art, etc? Oh wait, Seattle did all that first.

Seriously, Portland is a fine city and I hope for your continued growth in air service.

jsta1981

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:40 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
PDX757 wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

You mean like coffee, craft beer, music, art, etc? Oh wait, Seattle did all that first.

Seriously, Portland is a fine city and I hope for your continued growth in air service.

One could argue very strongly that Portland is doing food and beer better than Seattle! And coffee at this point is probably a tie

bigfoot0503

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 pm

jsta1981 wrote:
bigfoot0503 wrote:
jsta1981 wrote:

Lol ok. My bad. Lol.1.5 to 1.75 times the population of pdx with an absolutely booming economy, 2 major airline hubs, and multiple multinational companies with hundreds of thousands of employees sending their employees all over the world....lol...shouldnt be too difficult to reason why Seattle gets more direct flights than pdx. Lol

Thanks for your wonderfully provocative insight..."lol"

pdxav8r

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:44 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
PDX757 wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

I will cede all of that, less the craft beer, sorry.

And hipsters don't fill the front cabins, which PDX has a preponderance of. If PDX and Oregon ever decided to be more business friendly, you might see more top end jobs requiring more legacy international service. For now, service is pretty good for what the airlines/city have to offer. Can't complain.

pacman3

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:03 am

I had the need to drive up to Seattle from Portland yesterday to visit Immigration for a Global Entry interview as the Portland TSA was booked through April. I have to say that the two airports are not comparable - not to offend our SEA neighbors but that airport is a dive compared to PDX. Cramped, overused and just basically unattractive - and that was the airside area! I had an hour to spare before the 'interview' (after driving at autobahn speeds between the two cities, which is the norm) , so thought I'd just have lunch. That was a mistake! There was ONE measly little corner airside eatery in the entire airport, unlike PDX, where there are great restaurants galore. Truly, SeaTac is an embarrassment in the amenities department. There may be more flights from SEA than PDX, but there is no comparison of passenger experience in any way.

jbpdx

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:05 pm

jsta1981 wrote:
It's actually not hard to explain. Seattle is a hub for 2 major airlines. It's economy is booming, with multiple major multinational corporations employing hundreds of thousands people. It serves nearly double the population that pdx serves. It also isn't nearly as seasonal as pdx....

We've heard those arguments before. We all know SEA is a more major airport than PDX, it's the disparity of some of these domestic routes.

Portland's still being used as part of the SEA catchment especially for international. It's also being used by the majors domestically to pump up their hubs. That's fine for smaller cities, but PDX has outgrown that for several unserved/underserved routes. All I'm suggesting is shuffling and adding a few flights, not raiding King SEA. The Big 4 seem to be leaving adding any new domestic routes to Alaska.

Btw, tell SAN fans that there's a nice big airport just up the road so stop being so uppity.
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU

TransWorldOne

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:07 pm

pacman3 wrote:
I had the need to drive up to Seattle from Portland yesterday to visit Immigration for a Global Entry interview as the Portland TSA was booked through April. I have to say that the two airports are not comparable - not to offend our SEA neighbors but that airport is a dive compared to PDX. Cramped, overused and just basically unattractive - and that was the airside area! I had an hour to spare before the 'interview' (after driving at autobahn speeds between the two cities, which is the norm) , so thought I'd just have lunch. That was a mistake! There was ONE measly little corner airside eatery in the entire airport, unlike PDX, where there are great restaurants galore. Truly, SeaTac is an embarrassment in the amenities department. There may be more flights from SEA than PDX, but there is no comparison of passenger experience in any way.

I couldn't agree more. SEA is a dump. Insanely overcrowded, abysmal food options, the two just don't compare. There's a reason PDX has been named America's best airport for several years in a row now.

m0ssy

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:23 pm

pdxswa wrote:
Some extremely rare birds for pdx. 2 CL-415s and the Mitsubishi MRJ JA22MJ. Which came in on an engine failure. It's awaiting an engine change.

Nice shot. Four of these arrived at EUG yesterday afternoon, one of them being N392AC. Impressive little planes.

Also, answering my own question from earlier, it appears all traffic in and out of EUG are using 34R while Taxiway Alpha is being redone.
Follow me on Instagram! @eug_spotter :airplane:

pdxav8r

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:03 am

Just noticed AS has now upguaged the AUS flight to a 737. Guess with the seasonal SW flight now gone, AS is cleaning up.

ANA787

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:39 pm

ucdtim17

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Southwest also increasing SJC-PDX to 6x to match OAK-PDX (3x SFO-PDX). Putting screws to AS yields from the Bay Area.

jbpdx

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:44 pm

ucdtim17 wrote:
Southwest also increasing SJC-PDX to 6x to match OAK-PDX (3x SFO-PDX). Putting screws to AS yields from the Bay Area.

Since snarkiness seems to be the theme of the day (on a trending thread) I'll offer some here.

When 38 flights a day to the Bay Area aren't enough, be creative and add some more.

Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU

Wingtips56

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:12 pm

I noticed at MFR last week that taxiway/ramp work appears to be requiring aircraft to taxi on the runway part of the way. Am I seeing that right? I watched a QX flight waiting and waiting to depart the ramp, after OO landed, but as another QX was on long approach. (In my estimation, the departing flight could have taxied out, hung a U-turn and taken off before the inbound was on short final.) Is this causing significant delays? (A Cessna did go out first and took a mid-field departure ahead of the landing QX.)
I'm departing next month on the 5:00 am, so at least there shouldn't be inbound traffic to wait for at that hour. Connecting at PDX...
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 181 airports, 92 airlines, 78 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,119,414 passenger miles.

Home airport : CEC

pdxav8r

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:45 am

Wingtips56 wrote:
I noticed at MFR last week that taxiway/ramp work appears to be requiring aircraft to taxi on the runway part of the way. Am I seeing that right? I watched a QX flight waiting and waiting to depart the ramp, after OO landed, but as another QX was on long approach. (In my estimation, the departing flight could have taxied out, hung a U-turn and taken off before the inbound was on short final.) Is this causing significant delays? (A Cessna did go out first and took a mid-field departure ahead of the landing QX.)
I'm departing next month on the 5:00 am, so at least there shouldn't be inbound traffic to wait for at that hour. Connecting at PDX...

The QX flight could have blown their clearance, and had to wait for a new one.

pdxswa

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm

An extremely rare visitor to Pdx the second Mitsubishi MRJ.

phxsanslcpdx

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 pm

jbpdx wrote:
Portland's still being used as part of the SEA catchment especially for international. It's also being used by the majors domestically to pump up their hubs. That's fine for smaller cities, but PDX has outgrown that for several unserved/underserved routes. All I'm suggesting is shuffling and adding a few flights, not raiding King SEA. The Big 4 seem to be leaving adding any new domestic routes to Alaska.

Agreed. SEA is a potentially useful frame of reference for what PDX could do... but nothing in the near- or medium-term outlook makes it looks like any of the big airlines will be reducing service at SEA at all. The airport's basically at capacity, so outright canceling a flight is likely to just result in a competitor being given access to that gate. As mentioned upthread, Routes from SEA do roughly twice the business for AS compared to routes from PDX. But they're offering significantly more than twice the capacity on many routes.

Many of the low frequencies at PDX make sense to me--AS wants to maintain pricing power while heading off potential customers/stimulating demand a bit with nonstop service. I wouldn't necessarily expect to see greater frequency on many PDX routes, but more destinations seems like a good use of AS resources.

Btw, tell SAN fans that there's a nice big airport just up the road so stop being so uppity.

They've been told plenty of times already 8-)

bigfoot0503

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:45 pm

pdxswa wrote:

As always...amazing photography Bill!

ANA787

Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:07 pm

According to Cathay Pacific Cargo schedules, starting September 4, PDX-HKG will operate nonstop to Hong Kong. No more stops in Anchorage.

metaldirtnskin

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 am

The government of Klamath County has voted a $250K subsidy for an air carrier to replace PenAir at LMT: http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/count ... 1d187.html

In the article the airport states they are in discussions with an airline, to provide service on 50-seat regional jets to SFO... so that almost certainly means SkyWest on behalf of UA?

bigfoot0503

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:15 pm

metaldirtnskin wrote:
The government of Klamath County has voted a $250K subsidy for an air carrier to replace PenAir at LMT: http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/count ... 1d187.html

In the article the airport states they are in discussions with an airline, to provide service on 50-seat regional jets to SFO... so that almost certainly means SkyWest on behalf of UA?

Also of note the article states the fact that transiting service members still have to come and go from Klamath Falls/Kingsley Field ANGB. While not mentioning exact numbers one would think that the presence of that facility is vitally important to the economy of that region. A potential flight/route to SFO that allows service members or family better options for travel is good news for Kingsley.

pdxswa

Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Bigfoot thank you !

bigfoot0503 wrote:
pdxswa wrote:

As always...amazing photography Bill!

UnitedFlyer

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:30 am

I have heard rumors MFR is planning a terminal expansion. I know they are currently expanding the long term lot but does anyone know about expanding the terminal?

Wingtips56

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:10 am

UnitedFlyer wrote:
I have heard rumors MFR is planning a terminal expansion. I know they are currently expanding the long term lot but does anyone know about expanding the terminal?

Well, if they are going to continue hosting the bigger CRJs and some mainline jets (A319, 738), a couple more jet bridges and bigger gate area would be a good idea. (Needs a bigger coffee kiosk with more staff too.) It remains to be seen if UA will bring them back next year, and if AS brings something bigger in. When I've been to MFR (including a pick-up two weeks ago and now flying out on the 16th), I've not seen it bursting at the seams, especially in the land-side area. I've not been there, though, during G4's flights, to see how crowded it may be, or if they use the single jet bridge. G4 may not want to use a jet bridge, in keeping with the Ryanair-style of minimal customer service and comfort to save a buck.

It did look like they might be expanding the ramp, although that might have been adjacent taxiway work.

I'm glad they are expanding the long term lot (I assume that's what I saw going on out in the front yard), though I doubt it's going to enable them to reduce the rates: $9/day seems high for a small airport. In my case, it justifies staying a night at a motel at each end of the trip, parking in their lot while I'm gone, since I'm usually out at 5 or 6 am, and back at midnight anyway. (That also lets me avoid Highway 199 from/to the coast in the dark and bad weather.)
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 181 airports, 92 airlines, 78 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,119,414 passenger miles.

910A

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:14 am

metaldirtnskin wrote:

bigfoot0503 wrote:
metaldirtnskin wrote:

Also of note the article states the fact that transiting service members still have to come and go from Klamath Falls/Kingsley Field ANGB. While not mentioning exact numbers one would think that the presence of that facility is vitally important to the economy of that region. A potential flight/route to SFO that allows service members or family better options for travel is good news for Kingsley.

I first flown into LMT back in the late 60's until the mid 70's starting with the F-27's and then the DC-9's.. At that time the route was supported by a federal subsidy as was most regional routes across the country. Even back then the feds were concerned about the light loads and repeatedly told the citizens use or lose it. At that time the flight stopped in RDD (morning) and SMF (evening) prior to landing at LMT. Just an idea perhaps the county should investigate about a tag on from the RDD United Express service?

dc10lover

Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:06 am

Looks like Alaska Airlines is using the CRJ 200.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW3498
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

Midwestindy

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 am

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... ce-in-s18/

Reykjavik Keflavik – Portland OR eff 22JUN18 Increase from 5 to 6 weekly
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

BlatantEcho

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:56 am

^^^
I saw the PDX-HKG non-stop on flight aware yesterday, made me so happy to see that.

Also, Icelandair must be stretched so thin with their 757s, especially when each one RONs for like 20 hours at an outstation.

RWA380

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:59 pm

Today I'm driving out to Troutdale around 1:30pm near 181st Ave exit on I-84, I saw an EK 777 landing, anyone know why it was here? It was in paint & wasn't dedicated cargo, that I could tell. Just curious.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

ooslc

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:33 am

It didn't land. Doing a touch and go? It flew right back to PAE.
    Ironically, I don't work for OO anymore, and I'm not in SLC anymore. PDX based, aviation enthusiast, non-aviation worker.

pdxav8r

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 am

Midwestindy wrote:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/274640/icelandair-increases-us-west-coast-service-in-s18/

That's awesome! Both years now, they have upped the flights. Must be happy in PDX.

Something I noticed, is that AS PDX-BWI was slated to end Aug. 26th, same day PHL and MKE ended (per AS press release), but it is still flying today. Anyone have insight? Too busy to end so soon? Would be nice for PDX travelers to have year round service to all 3 DC area airports (UA & AS).

ooslc

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 am

pdxav8r wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/274640/icelandair-increases-us-west-coast-service-in-s18/

That's awesome! Both years now, they have upped the flights. Must be happy in PDX.

Something I noticed, is that AS PDX-BWI was slated to end Aug. 26th, same day PHL and MKE ended (per AS press release), but it is still flying today. Anyone have insight? Too busy to end so soon? Would be nice for PDX travelers to have year round service to all 3 DC area airports (UA & AS).

I noticed that too a couple days ago. The last flight is going to be this Friday. Must have been a hit and extended it a few weeks more.
    Ironically, I don't work for OO anymore, and I'm not in SLC anymore. PDX based, aviation enthusiast, non-aviation worker.

RWA380

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:01 am

ooslc wrote:

Thank you ....
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

FLYKTPA

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:42 am

RWA380 wrote:
ooslc wrote:

Thank you ....

Do you know if AS is looking at adding PDX-FLL & TPA? Both of those routes seem to be huge holes in the AS and PDX network. SFO-TPA also seems like a hole.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

flyoregon

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:59 am

Saw this interesting post on Indeed.com for an Airport Manager job for Interjet based in Vancouver, WA:

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/INTERJET-AIR ... traIACYPXA

Fake job? Meant Vancouver BC? Thoughts...

pdx

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:19 am

flyoregon wrote:
Saw this interesting post on Indeed.com for an Airport Manager job for Interjet based in Vancouver, WA:

HaHa! Maybe they're starting service to Pearson Field in Vancouver, WA....indeed! Interjet's website only lists 3 job opportunities...all at LAX.
If it's true I assume it's for YVR since they begin service to MEX and CUN on 26OCT.

BlatantEcho

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:49 am

Did PDX-FRA last night with the 11:20pm departure.

Flight was painless, went by fast and the 170degree seats weren't as bad as I had heard.
Slept for over 5 hours.

--
Frankfurt is quite far behind Amsterdam for connections though.

Long passport lines, walked a long ways.
Remote stands. Not nearly as seemless

ooslc

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:11 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
ooslc wrote:

Thank you ....

Do you know if AS is looking at adding PDX-FLL & TPA? Both of those routes seem to be huge holes in the AS and PDX network. SFO-TPA also seems like a hole.

I do not know that information. They just got MCO back this past spring. AS is tight on gates, especially in the morning and nights. If they could do red-eyes I could see it. Free up another gate by having a plane leave around 9-10pm. If they want morning flights they'll have to wait until the new terminal is built TBH.

RWA380

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 pm

flyoregon wrote:

The Port & Interjet have met before, I know nothing of the content of that meet up or when it transpired, but one could speculate. I do know the Port has also met executives from BA, KE & JL, all of those carriers don't fly here, so I suspect airlines & airport representatives have informal & formal contact with each other even if nothing comes to fruition.

FLYKTPA wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
ooslc wrote:

Thank you ....

Expect PDX-FLL, I would expect seasonally. I personally haven't heard PDX-TPA in any context that would leave me thinking, this will happen, although I'm sure AS has thought of it, it's easy to run those numbers.

AS has to be taking their new 737's with intent on the already announced routes & retirements, although I think the 73G is staying longer than expected originally. Not sad for me, I like the 737 sport model.

Wingtips56

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:49 pm

So, after AA downgauged my DFW-CDG flight and we lost our seat assignments (was to be my first Dreamliner flight), we've been routed and are now sitting at MFR awaiting our American Eagle (OO) flight MFR-PHX. It's totally full. Not bad for new service, post -summer season. So I'm hoping this will lead eventually to additional flights and/or an upgauge to mainline.

lhpdx

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:20 pm

AS PDX-DFW NOV 1.4>1.0 DEC 1.5>1.0
*AS PDX-MCI DEC 1.0>0
AS PDX-OMA NOV 0.6>0.1 MAR 0.9>0.6
*AS PDX-PSC NOV 0.9>0 DEC 1.0>0 JAN 1.0>0 FEB 1.0>0 MAR 1.0>0.7
*AS PDX-STL DEC 0.9>0

Wow AS is really chopping away at it's PDX hub..Too bad PDX couldn't make any of those new flights work...............Looks like it's focus cities SAN and SJC appears to be untouched......I wonder if the POP is now regretting investing in the terminal E extension?

Chugach

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:41 pm

lhpdx wrote:
AS PDX-DFW NOV 1.4>1.0 DEC 1.5>1.0
*AS PDX-MCI DEC 1.0>0
AS PDX-OMA NOV 0.6>0.1 MAR 0.9>0.6
*AS PDX-PSC NOV 0.9>0 DEC 1.0>0 JAN 1.0>0 FEB 1.0>0 MAR 1.0>0.7
*AS PDX-STL DEC 0.9>0

Wow AS is really chopping away at it's PDX hub..Too bad PDX couldn't make any of those new flights work...............Looks like it's focus cities SAN and SJC appears to be untouched......I wonder if the POP is now regretting investing in the terminal E extension?

It's due to the QX pilot situation.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos