jsmoka
Topic Author
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:26 am

Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:27 pm

The Painting of first Iran Air A330 in chateauroux airport ist over...big WOW


https://www.flickr.com/photos/330_340/3 ... ist-RndBof
 
User avatar
winterlight
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:57 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:28 pm

At last some bigger titles to break up all the white. I wonder why the A321 didn't get them?
Question everything. Trust no-one.
 
TC957
Posts: 3055
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Thought it did ! Perhaps on the wide-bodied A332 it's just that much more noticeable.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:43 pm

What route is it to be used on?
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 8523
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:46 pm

The A321 did not get titles as big as this. On the A321 the titles are still fully above the windowline, while with the A330 the windowline intersects the center of the titles.

It seems to be a proportion issue. It appears IR doesn't want the titles overlapping with the front doors, and it is impossible to enlarge the A321 titles anymore than current without overlapping, being crowded up against the wing, or having the windows bisect at a weird location in the titles.
 
kaitak
Posts: 9445
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Let's hope they can get the rest of these as soon as possible, before Trump and his administration cause trouble!

Looks great. Does anyone know what config it's in?

I understand it is being used on eastbound flights - KUL, PEK, NRT etc. Then, no doubt to LHR, AMS and HAM. Of course, it all depends on politics as to how many they can get.
 
User avatar
b727fan
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:54 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:45 pm

With the delivery of the new birds, seems like a missed opportunity to come up with a great livery! IR had an awesome livery back in the days. But I guess the focus now is to get them registered and delivered ASAP.... maybe, hopefully, we will have some Persian revival later! Perhaps with the Boeing orders ;)
 
nascar1
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Wow! Looks amazing! Does anyone know if it will maintain the same seating configuration as the Avianca A330's?
 
Mumrik
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:14 pm

Great news, and a great refreshment to their livery.
I assume he next will be EP-IJB, IJC... or?
Aircraft enthusiast and model custom maker
 
User avatar
leleko747
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Dislike...
IMHO this livery was the best:



Small titles, grey belly, Lufthansa style. Much better than the A330 screaming "IRAN AAAIRRR!!!"
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.
 
aviationjunky
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm not a fan of the triple stacked lettering after the flag, it would've been better with just a double stack lettering. Other than that, it looks great!
LAS is Life
 
User avatar
TS-IOR
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2001 9:44 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:25 am

Are they taking frames 1608 and 1657 as well?
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:07 am

I personally like it, not sure about the writing next to the flag being so big and stacked and it looks as though the flag has grown in size which I'm not to keen on, but other than that I think it's a fresh look. People always talk about the perfect opportunity to launch a new livery, but I think the fact that they have clean and new planes is enough lol, I think it's an improvement thus far! And I like the big titles!
| A.J-B |

“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:33 am

leleko747 wrote:
Dislike...
IMHO this livery was the best:



Small titles, grey belly, Lufthansa style. Much better than the A330 screaming "IRAN AAAIRRR!!!"

Disagree. The old one looks, and I know this might be what some like, more old fashioned. In a new era of Iran Air, they might want to use the large title-billboard-total Eurowhite look as it moves forward the carrier. They are keeping the logo for the history and legacy, but the more modern elements are helping not hurting IMO.
-Andrés Juánez
 
WIederling
Posts: 6527
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:28 am

aviationjunky wrote:
I'm not a fan of the triple stacked lettering after the flag, it would've been better with just a double stack lettering. Other than that, it looks great!


for some nothing beyond their own airline and self styled designs will suffice :-)
Murphy is an optimist
 
psimpson
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 9:38 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:51 pm

TS-IOR wrote:
Are they taking frames 1608 and 1657 as well?


Yes
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Surely, Trump has lost over $15 billion worth of exports to Iran Air.

No country would give you money if you squarely deny them visas.
I got some real work to do now. Bye!
 
User avatar
SR380
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Mweh... don't like it much... the title "The Airlines of the Islamic Republic of Iran" and the flag are to big...
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image
 
User avatar
SR380
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:53 pm

Hmeee after all... Not that bad... I wonder what will happen with the Boeing deal. With what happened this week-end I don't see IR taking deliveries anytime soon
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:06 pm

SR380 wrote:
Hmeee after all... Not that bad... I wonder what will happen with the Boeing deal. With what happened this week-end I don't see IR taking deliveries anytime soon


I didn't like it either, but it's starting to grow on me. As for Boeing - American workers should not be the victim of political agenda's and Iranians shouldn't be either.

I hope the deal goes through - but I highly doubt it. I'm quite sure that Airbus is really happy now!
Last edited by persiangulf93 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
superjeff
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:31 pm

persiangulf93 wrote:
SR380 wrote:
Hmeee after all... Not that bad... I wonder what will happen with the Boeing deal. With what happened this week-end I don't see IR taking deliveries anytime soon


I didn't like it either, but it's starting to grow on me. As for Boeing - American workers should not be the victim of political agenda's and Iranians shouldn't be either.

I hope the deal goes through - but I highly doubt it. I'm quite sure that Airbus is really happy now!


Don't forget that a good portion of the components on Airbus equipment are American made; also, don't forget that relations between the U.S. and Iran are not now, nor have they been since 1979, anything resembling "normal". Iran calls the U.S. the "Great Satan," so I wouldn't expect much cooperation in return from the U.S., whether it is the Trump administration of anybody else.
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:48 pm

superjeff wrote:
persiangulf93 wrote:
SR380 wrote:
Hmeee after all... Not that bad... I wonder what will happen with the Boeing deal. With what happened this week-end I don't see IR taking deliveries anytime soon


I didn't like it either, but it's starting to grow on me. As for Boeing - American workers should not be the victim of political agenda's and Iranians shouldn't be either.

I hope the deal goes through - but I highly doubt it. I'm quite sure that Airbus is really happy now!


Don't forget that a good portion of the components on Airbus equipment are American made; also, don't forget that relations between the U.S. and Iran are not now, nor have they been since 1979, anything resembling "normal". Iran calls the U.S. the "Great Satan," so I wouldn't expect much cooperation in return from the U.S., whether it is the Trump administration of anybody else.


1st: Blocking the Airbus deal would be a direct violation of the JCPOA and will face large resistance from the European Union.
2nd: The US calls Iran a main sponsor of terrorism and the Axis of evil - so I can't say the US government is any better in that regard.
3rd: Airbus has received licenses for all 100 aircraft - Trump can technically revoke them - but it's not in his interests, believe me.
 
nascar1
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:51 pm

I've read that second A330 will join Iran Air fleet on 22 March.
 
TheGeordielad
Posts: 906
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Looks great can't wait to see it.
 
User avatar
SR380
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:06 pm

I can not wait to visit this country and fly on IR!
 
User avatar
ojjunior
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:31 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 am

Well, I'm positive that in the US we will not see this beauty...
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1394
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:47 am

Do we know the config and seats? Also, I would adore to see this on a 777-300ER and IR turning into a global carrier like EK and EY, but some prick in the US is xenophobic so...
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
b727fan
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:54 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:25 pm

OA940 wrote:
Do we know the config and seats? Also, I would adore to see this on a 777-300ER and IR turning into a global carrier like EK and EY, but some prick in the US is xenophobic so...


As long as sharia laws prevail, no chance in hell they can. IR used to be a world class career back in the 70s. Also, its not just about IR as in the fleet, but also need of building up a modern infrastructure/airports is something that Iran lags behind at this point. I am sure things in Iran will change for the better in the near future and then yes, we will once again see the IR (and other potential Iranian carriers) competing with the best of the best. We are talking about a country that can offer a lot in tourism, has a huge young and educated population which simply translates to tremendous potential....
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:53 pm

b727fan wrote:
OA940 wrote:
Do we know the config and seats? Also, I would adore to see this on a 777-300ER and IR turning into a global carrier like EK and EY, but some prick in the US is xenophobic so...


As long as sharia laws prevail, no chance in hell they can. IR used to be a world class career back in the 70s. Also, its not just about IR, as in fleet, but also building up a modern infrastructure of airports is something that Iran lags behind at this point. I am sure things in Iran will change for the better and then yes, I can see an IR (and other potential Iranian carriers) to be world class again competing with the best of the best. We are talking about a huge country and population with tremendous potentials....


Inside the plane people are free to dress how they want. The main difference between EK, EY, QR and IR would be that IR won't serve you alcohol. If tickets are competitive and you have less flying hours - IR could be a good choice.

Also remember that IR can easily transfer 40-50M passengers a year considering the domestic & international demand to and from Iran/ That's already more than half of EK . - These numbers are without transiting passengers.

Here is a recent pictures of developments at IKA

Image

Image

Image

Image
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:33 pm

Image
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:35 pm

The plane was ferried to BOD today. I guess some cabin work will be performed before delivery.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:58 pm

What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
DABYT
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:03 pm

Looks really good. What a nice paint job!!!
 
planeophilic
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:06 pm

It looks not too different from their classical livery.

The question I have, is that what will happen to Iran Air's 80- strong order for Boeing, now that Trump's immigration ban is in place?
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2016-12-11- ... -Airplanes
IQ 6969- If I wasn't addicted to Frog Porn, I would be perfect.
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:17 pm

Is this the first A330 to be delivered with the RR Trent 772C-60 ? Best hot n high A330 engine available.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:24 pm

KarelXWB wrote:


It looks stunning! I still don't like the big flag on the body and the writings next to it - but the beautiful tail makes all up for it.
 
A388
Posts: 7705
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 3:48 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:13 pm

I really like to new enlarged airline titles on their brand new A330-200. Great way to keep a classic livery with a modern touch.


A388
 
juliuswong
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:13 pm

KarelXWB wrote:

Absolutely stunning! Effortlessly classic with tinge of modernity! A big congratulation to IranAir and its aviation community! I am hoping to visit Iran one day now that AirAsia X flies there. I have so many Iranian friends back in university, they are nothing but the friendliest people you will ever meet.

PS: The flag and the writing seems to be out of place, but the big Homa makes up the shortcoming.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:20 pm

juliuswong wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:

PS: The flag and the writing seems to be out of place, but the big Homa makes up the shortcoming.


Exactly what I was thinking! Try IR A332 instead of Air AsiaX -They will be used on the KUL-IKA route.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 pm

persiangulf93 wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:

PS: The flag and the writing seems to be out of place, but the big Homa makes up the shortcoming.


Exactly what I was thinking! Try IR A332 instead of Air AsiaX -They will be used on the KUL-IKA route.

Oh really? Then I shall try IR then! Thank you for the heads up! Can't wait to see Iran in person!
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:54 pm

juliuswong wrote:
persiangulf93 wrote:
juliuswong wrote:


Exactly what I was thinking! Try IR A332 instead of AirAsiaX -They will be used on the KUL-IKA route.

Oh really? Then I shall try IR then! Thank you for the heads up! Can't wait to see Iran in person!


You're more than welcome! Flights to KUL should resume early March.
 
aviationjunky
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:28 pm

persiangulf93 wrote:
Image

Image


Is that an old US Airways tail I see in the background??
LAS is Life
 
User avatar
fraspotter
Posts: 2148
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:12 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:15 pm

persiangulf93 wrote:
b727fan wrote:
OA940 wrote:
Do we know the config and seats? Also, I would adore to see this on a 777-300ER and IR turning into a global carrier like EK and EY, but some prick in the US is xenophobic so...


As long as sharia laws prevail, no chance in hell they can. IR used to be a world class career back in the 70s. Also, its not just about IR, as in fleet, but also building up a modern infrastructure of airports is something that Iran lags behind at this point. I am sure things in Iran will change for the better and then yes, I can see an IR (and other potential Iranian carriers) to be world class again competing with the best of the best. We are talking about a huge country and population with tremendous potentials....


Inside the plane people are free to dress how they want. The main difference between EK, EY, QR and IR would be that IR won't serve you alcohol. If tickets are competitive and you have less flying hours - IR could be a good choice.

Also remember that IR can easily transfer 40-50M passengers a year considering the domestic & international demand to and from Iran/ That's already more than half of EK . - These numbers are without transiting passengers.

Here is a recent pictures of developments at IKA

Image

Image

Image

Image


How is that any different than what Saudia already does?
"Taking off is optional. It’s landing that’s mandatory."
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:29 pm

fraspotter wrote:
persiangulf93 wrote:
b727fan wrote:

As long as sharia laws prevail, no chance in hell they can. IR used to be a world class career back in the 70s. Also, its not just about IR, as in fleet, but also building up a modern infrastructure of airports is something that Iran lags behind at this point. I am sure things in Iran will change for the better and then yes, I can see an IR (and other potential Iranian carriers) to be world class again competing with the best of the best. We are talking about a huge country and population with tremendous potentials....


Inside the plane people are free to dress how they want. The main difference between EK, EY, QR and IR would be that IR won't serve you alcohol. If tickets are competitive and you have less flying hours - IR could be a good choice.

Also remember that IR can easily transfer 40-50M passengers a year considering the domestic & international demand to and from Iran/ That's already more than half of EK . - These numbers are without transiting passengers.

Here is a recent pictures of developments at IKA

Image

Image

Image

Image


How is that any different than what Saudia already does?


Saudia is much stricter and doesn't have intentions to grow as a mega-carrier.
 
User avatar
dennypayne
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:38 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:35 am

KarelXWB wrote:


Does anyone else put registration marks on the radome like that? Would seem to make it a little difficult/confusing to swap out parts, which seems to happen with those fairly frequently...
My hovercraft is full of eels.
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:05 am

Image
 
User avatar
SR380
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:21 am

Does anyone have picture of the cabin? Can we expect to be the same as Avianca?
 
User avatar
persiangulf93
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:23 am

SR380 wrote:
Does anyone have picture of the cabin? Can we expect to be the same as Avianca?


Yes. It will have the same cabin as Avianca Brasil - We need to wait for the other Airbuses later this year to see the new IR product.
 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Posts: 9586
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Re: Iran Air First A330-200 EP-IJA

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:41 am

Oh no.. I don't like those belly logos

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos