Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KiloRomeoDelta

Re: Trump to Meet with Airline CEOs Thursday

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:10 am

hispanola wrote:
. Who's Parker? What on earth is more important than meeting with the US president to discuss the future of your industry?

This is what I am wondering too. Agreed CEO of American is a very busy man with things planned weeks in advance, but when the President of the United States calls you for a meeting about your own industry, WHAT can possibly be more important than that to skip it?

Unless of course if he has a personal spat against Mr. Orange and did not want to see him face to face.

FlyPNS1

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:27 am

As expected, kind of a pointless dog-and-pony show that will produce little except a bunch of press releases.

FlyUSAir

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:45 am

Of course Dougie Parker didn't attend, he's the next Smisek. AA can't get rid of him soon enough.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400

caoimhin

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:56 am

hispanola wrote:
What on earth is more important than meeting with the US president to discuss the future of your industry? Maybe he should try to represent his employees every so often. Ridiculous. Robert Crandall would have gone.

Agree completely. It certainly may have been a political statement--but a very foolish one if it were. When invited to a seat at the table to represent your company's (or industry's) interests, I can't fathom what would be more important. Reminds me a bit of that tech summit last month. Many people in that room had no love for Trump, but they saw value in opportunity to sit at the table with the head of state.

VS11

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:08 am

hispanola wrote:
Unbelievably stupid move by Parker. The world's largest airline doesn't attend the big meeting with its home country's leader? Absolutely immature. He's most likely damaged AA's image for Trump. I'm not hating on American, but rather lamenting this potentially harmful mistake made by its CEO. Who's Parker? What on earth is more important than meeting with the US president to discuss the future of your industry? Maybe he should try to represent his employees every so often. Ridiculous. Robert Crandall would have gone.

You have no idea why Parker wasn't there so no need to judge and make assumptions. There are plenty of valid reasons why he couldn't have gone. Also, meeting with the President (any President) doesn't mean anything. The new president has yet to demonstrate that he is more than just talk. You can ask the tech industry leaders how useful and worthy their meeting with Trump was especially in view of his immigration executive orders - most of them signed petitions against it. In the end, Congress is the ultimate decision maker in this country, not the President, and maybe there are enough lobbying groups to push the industry's interests in front of Congress.

BobPatterson

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:14 am

VS11 wrote:
You have no idea why Parker wasn't there so no need to judge and make assumptions. There are plenty of valid reasons why he couldn't have gone. Also, meeting with the President (any President) doesn't mean anything. The new president has yet to demonstrate that he is more than just talk. You can ask the tech industry leaders how useful and worthy their meeting with Trump was especially in view of his immigration executive orders - most of them signed petitions against it. In the end, Congress is the ultimate decision maker in this country, not the President, and maybe there are enough lobbying groups to push the industry's interests in front of Congress.

1. Why not take Parker at his word? The big company meeting was more important to him. But, he could have attended the White House meeting and still have made it to his company meeting by early afternoon. By not attending the White House meeting (unless cleared to miss it by Pres. Trump), he definitely risks offending a very thin-skinned person, with possible later detriment to his company.

2. While it should be true that the Congress is the ultimate decision maker, it is not true in practice. Congress has abdicated responsibilities to the Executive and to agency rule-makers. The President has tremendous influence that can be brought to bear, for ill or for good, affecting the airline industry.

3. You are probably correct that these White House meetings have little in the way of immediate importance. But first impressions are important, and if Mr. Trump takes a liking to you early on you are more apt to get favorable treatment down the road.

4. Lobbyists pushing Congress is, of course, one of the reasons Mr. Trump is in the White House. If you are pinning your hopes on lobbyists, don't look for the situation to be improved. Lobbyists, money and Congress, taken together, are a terrible affliction on this country.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

VS11

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 am

BobPatterson wrote:
VS11 wrote:

1. Why not take Parker at his word? The big company meeting was more important to him. But, he could have attended the White House meeting and still have made it to his company meeting by early afternoon. By not attending the White House meeting (unless cleared to miss it by Pres. Trump), he definitely risks offending a very thin-skinned person, with possible later detriment to his company.

2. While it should be true that the Congress is the ultimate decision maker, it is not true in practice. Congress has abdicated responsibilities to the Executive and to agency rule-makers. The President has tremendous influence that can be brought to bear, for ill or for good, affecting the airline industry.

3. You are probably correct that these White House meetings have little in the way of immediate importance. But first impressions are important, and if Mr. Trump takes a liking to you early on you are more apt to get favorable treatment down the road.

4. Lobbyists pushing Congress is, of course, one of the reasons Mr. Trump is in the White House. If you are pinning your hopes on lobbyists, don't look for the situation to be improved. Lobbyists, money and Congress, taken together, are a terrible affliction on this country.

I don't disagree with you. I was just cautioning against unnecessary criticism and unwarranted assumptions, conclusions and other forms of "reading the leafs".

Nabz82

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:40 am

the US Aviation sector has much to deal with.. the ME3 should be the least of their concern, however invalid it may be... 'US3:0 ME3: :)'

wjcandee

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:05 am

I don't think that Trump was saying that just any aircraft pilot should be the head of the FAA. What he was saying was that having a pilot background would give the FAA administrator a perspective that someone who is not a pilot would not have.

Dave Hinson's background before being Clinton's FAA head was I think helpful in the way he led the agency. Hinson had about 8000 hours flying over 70 types of aircraft, including heavy jets. He had military flying experience and stints as a line pilot and check airman at both UA and NW. He also was part owner of a small airline at one point (Midway), and was an EVP of Douglas Aircraft when he was chosen for the FAA. So he came at the job with some insights born of experience in a variety of roles at various stakeholders. Was that experience essential? Apparently not, as other FAA heads have not had that experience. Hinson's major contribution (besides some things regarding ATC modernization, the sluglike boondoggle that had bedeviled that agency for decades) was the "one standard of safety" for commuter airlines and major airlines. I don't think there is any question as to the improvements that have come out of that regulatory change, and perhaps his personal experiences helped mold that improvement.

wenders825

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:08 am

FlyUSAir wrote:
Of course Dougie Parker didn't attend, he's the next Smisek. AA can't get rid of him soon enough.

keep dreaming. not gonna happen for a long time. nor is that true at all

everything bad about AA was kirby and he's gone.

downdata

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:58 am

caoimhin wrote:
hispanola wrote:
What on earth is more important than meeting with the US president to discuss the future of your industry? Maybe he should try to represent his employees every so often. Ridiculous. Robert Crandall would have gone.

Agree completely. It certainly may have been a political statement--but a very foolish one if it were. When invited to a seat at the table to represent your company's (or industry's) interests, I can't fathom what would be more important. Reminds me a bit of that tech summit last month. Many people in that room had no love for Trump, but they saw value in opportunity to sit at the table with the head of state.

Maybe AA is going bankrupt and he was talking to insolvency lawyers :P

Seems that AA knows this will just be a meet and greet with all the formalities and nothing substantial and just didn't give a shit

HVN2HEL2LAX

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:00 am

If modernizing ATC is such a big deal to these fools, why didn't they invite ATC to participate? These guys are just a bunch of corrupt a$$holes.

aviationaware

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:23 am

FlyPNS1 wrote:
As expected, kind of a pointless dog-and-pony show that will produce little except a bunch of press releases.

Which was to be expected and probably the reason Parker didn't attend. Still a not so smart decision, in my eyes.

Meanwhile, Trump (though incoherently as always) raised a couple of good points, especially the complete lack of expertise of the FAA director. Whenever someone is appointed to an important diplomatic position or something to do with the environment, people go crazy over even qualified appointees. At the FAA we have someone who is entirely unqualified, and nobody says a thing. That has to end.

atcsundevil

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:52 am

aviationaware wrote:
Meanwhile, Trump (though incoherently as always) raised a couple of good points, especially the complete lack of expertise of the FAA director. Whenever someone is appointed to an important diplomatic position or something to do with the environment, people go crazy over even qualified appointees. At the FAA we have someone who is entirely unqualified, and nobody says a thing. That has to end.

The FAA has an Administrator, not a director. I would argue that Administrator Huerta (currently Acting DOT Secretary) is more than qualified, having worked in transportation and the DOT for decades.

People can say what they will about the FAA, but it is still the most qualified group of Air Traffic Controllers in the world. I am a strong believer in the adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." There is no evidence to suggest the current system is broken. NextGen is progressing on schedule, and there was a notable absence of individuals qualified to speak on this subject at the meeting. I'll just leave it at that.

StTim

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:18 am

NextGen appears to be more reliable than the airlines own systems. Perhaps they should look closer to home first.

dtw2hyd

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 am

I think they can split FAA into 3
1) Registrations - Private outsourcing agency
2) ATM - Non-profit
3) Safety and Certification - Government.

Deborah Hersman would be a perfect candidate for #3.

AFAIK current GA registration process is a total failure.
All posts are just opinions.

AirbusMDCFAN

American Airlines pilots say CEO should’ve met with Trump

Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Link/Source: http://www.seattletimes.com/business/am ... ith-trump/

"DALLAS (AP) — The head of the pilots’ union at American Airlines is blasting the carrier’s CEO for skipping a meeting with President Donald Trump to attend a company event in Dallas.

Union President Dan Carey said Friday that CEO Doug Parker missed a chance to talk to Trump about issues confronting airline workers, including the threat from fast-growing foreign competitors."

“For our airline’s CEO to say ‘no thanks’ to President Trump flat-out amazes me,” Carey said.

Did Doug Parker know something that other airline CEOs did not, or was it just his preference to keep things as they are currently with the combine AA/US
Which CEOs did go besides Delta's CEO, Robin Hayes from B6

commavia

Re: American Airlines pilots say CEO should’ve met with Trump

Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:30 pm

None of us know the whole/real story. But it's funny - one of the themes Parker has repeatedly mentioned is the need to continue improving the company's culture, including instilling in managers a new, collaborative mindset about working with the rank-and-file. Indeed, he was probably making precisely such a point at the leadership meeting this week attended by hundreds of such managers. And one would think that AA's pilots - who continue to complain about the persistence of an allegedly "toxic" culture at the company - would welcome such a message to managers. But, alas, it really wouldn't matter what Parker did - the APA would be unhappy with it, and would express that unhappiness in the most public way to try and embarrass him.

And that's because this really has little if anything to do with meeting with the President. This is about the APA being unhappy that in a time of generally upward pressure on compensation, they were at the front end of the contract renewal cycle and thus their substantial compensation increases post-bankruptcy have since been eclipsed by other airlines. It's the nature of things - if wages were on a downward trend, the APA would be quite happy to be at the front end and not the back end of the contract renewal cycle, and would be fighting tooth and nail to not follow other airlines' compensation levels down (i.e., pretty much the story of AMR/APA 2003-2011).

LAXdude1023

Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Is it possible it was a matter of conscious? I know that even if he was giving me an award I wouldn't meet with him.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

keny156

Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:05 pm

commavia wrote:
by commavia » 11 Feb 2017 14:30

None of us know the whole/real story. But it's funny - one of the themes Parker has repeatedly mentioned is the need to continue improving the company's culture, including instilling in managers a new, collaborative mindset about working with the rank-and-file. Indeed, he was probably making precisely such a point at the leadership meeting this week attended by hundreds of such managers. And one would think that AA's pilots - who continue to complain about the persistence of an allegedly "toxic" culture at the company - would welcome such a message to managers. But, alas, it really wouldn't matter what Parker did - the APA would be unhappy with it, and would express that unhappiness in the most public way to try and embarrass him.

And that's because this really has little if anything to do with meeting with the President. This is about the APA being unhappy that in a time of generally upward pressure on compensation, they were at the front end of the contract renewal cycle and thus their substantial compensation increases post-bankruptcy have since been eclipsed by other airlines. It's the nature of things - if wages were on a downward trend, the APA would be quite happy to be at the front end and not the back end of the contract renewal cycle, and would be fighting tooth and nail to not follow other airlines' compensation levels down (i.e., pretty much the story of AMR/APA 2003-2011).

Agreed 100%...

I just don't get the hostility. You signed a contract for X number of years, regardless of what someone else gets that is your contract. What does the APA or the APFA expect AA to do? Renegotiate a new contract to give them the highest pay when your metrics for performance and customer satisfaction do not justify being the highest. Side note: Parker addressed this by saying he would not be paid the highest (annual salary) until AA was #1, later he went to 100% stock based salary. And what business would allow for a more costly contract? Parker has done almost everything imaginable to appease the masses (Profit Sharing, 2 positive space tickets, explained his logic) but only to get a negative result. I relate what the pilots and FAs are trying to do is like trying to change an oil hedge after you see that the price of oil has dropped.

I think people are upset at what they lost and can not let go, and that was on Arpey, and Carty, and Not Parker. This will slowly change as the old rank and file Pilots retire soon as all has a majority retiring within the next 5 years IIRC.

jmc1975

Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Dan Carey should have read Doug Parker's letter to employees before he opened his mouth.

Varsity1

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:02 pm

It's short sighted to turn down the president's invite. Regardless of who it is.

jfklganyc

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Pilots are rightfully concerned over NAI and ME3. So are CEOs.

To not meet with the president (I dont care who it is) is stupid.

The President calls, that takes precedence over everything else (non emergency)

nutsaboutplanes

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:19 pm

I think that this was the right call. Policy will be written and driven by congresss and influenced by the lobbyists that the airlines employ internally and the lobbying organizations they contribute to (A4A). Does anyone really think that Doug would have said something different than the CEO's of the other major airlines who are in general very aligned on matters of ATC reform and the ME3? Attending a meeting where he has the ability to drive change in company culture was the right call....after all, internal cultural issues will destroy a business from the inside out faster than EK, QR or EY ever could.
American Airlines, US Airways, Alaska Airlines, Northwest Airlines, America West Airlines, USAFR

VS11

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:20 pm

commavia wrote:

I totally agree. I had no idea what the company meeting was about but I would have expected any CEO to demonstrate support for the employees rather than a photo session with the President.

KiloRomeoDelta

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:44 pm

AirbusMDCFAN wrote:
Which CEOs did go besides Delta's CEO, Robin Hayes from B6

Passenger airlines:
Oscar Muñoz - United
Brad Tilden - Alaska + Virgin America
Gary Kelly - Southwest

Cargo airlines:
Dave Bronczek - FedEx
Myron Gray - UPS
Bill Flynn - Atlas Air

ldvaviation

Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Until the bratty pilots get what they want, they will take every opportunity to criticize the company.

They would have found a reason to criticize Parker if had gone to the White House.

bennett123

Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Doubt that the President will respond well to this slight.

He does not seem like a forgiving type.

MSPNWA

Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:39 pm

It's too bad Parker couldn't put his differences aside to meet the President like the other major airline CEOs. His employees deserve better from him. There's very few things that take precedence over a Presidential invite to talk about your industry. A company gathering isn't one of them.

11725Flyer

Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:49 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
Pilots are rightfully concerned over NAI and ME3. So are CEOs.

To not meet with the president (I dont care who it is) is stupid.

The President calls, that takes precedence over everything else (non emergency)

Ditto. A short-sided decision on Parker's part.

I wonder if Emirates will be allowed to launch ATH-EWR service. An early test to see how the Trump administration will handle the ME3.

jumbojet

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:50 pm

CX747 wrote:
Buy American, Hire American and it seems to have worked for our first contestant Norwegian. Delta is very profitable but I'm not sure how much sway they are going to have in the next 7+ years. They just cancelled 787s, ordered a ton of A330/A350s in addition to A321s. Oh, poor JetBlue.

I'm pretty certain all those 737's they've ordered count for something. At any rate, if I were a betting man, I'm going with a big Boeing order for DL's next widebody purchase (If its done with Trump in office). And yes, buying Airbus also means having Americans are being employed but not as many Americans if they bought Boeing.

HMK31

Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:27 am

As far as the position of Trump on the ME3 is concerned, it's important to remember that he's friends with Akbar al-Baker. Qatar Airways also has a corporate campus in Trump Tower and pays the Trump organization for their office lease.

YIMBY

Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:30 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
It's too bad Parker couldn't put his differences aside to meet the President like the other major airline CEOs. His employees deserve better from him. There's very few things that take precedence over a Presidential invite to talk about your industry. A company gathering isn't one of them.

There are people more important than the President: The Customer. Given how America is polarized, with all boycotts and counterboycotts, one airline clearly alienating from the President may be voted by the customers, particularly if their competitors can be seen as licking the boots of the President. It just depends which fraction of the flying public are for and against Trump and which do not care (if such people still exist in US, or even elsewhere going to the US).

frmrCapCadet

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Meetings like this, if not preceded by discussions with White House aides, legislative aides, technical people from airlines etc are simply (useless) show. If such discussions have taken place before the meeting, the meeting may be able to hammer out some priorities and timelines for substantial changes.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

BobPatterson

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Up-thread I asked for help in identifying two persons seated next to President Trump at the meeting. No responses.

I have since come to realize that the gentleman on Mr. Trump's left was Mr. Myron Gray, President for USA operations at UPS.

Who was the woman seated on Mr. Trump's right?

Does anyone know of a complete list of the persons seated around that table?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

enilria
Topic Author

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:21 pm

ual777 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
ual777 wrote:

This I find odd. Unless the flight attendant was perpetually on reserve or commuting I wonder if he/she worked for an express carrier operating for United. Otherwise it's a substantial cut pay and benefits wise.

If Norwegian was such a great place to work for employees they wouldn't be fighting court cases claiming they aren't the direct employers of their cabin crew, or have such bad reviews.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/201 ... 2c707f5a94

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/OSM-A ... 857857.htm

She didn't go into the details about it. She just said that it was bad. I have read those reviews but it shocks me as I have had very long discussions with the crew on each flight about it. I know another steward who moved from a big Asian airline to DY and he said that DY was not as good as the company that he was originally in but he did say that DY was still quite a good company though. It still shocks me though about the links that your showing me.

The biggest issue I have with carriers like Norwegian (aside from their attempts to play the "direct employment" and flag of convenience game) is their training bond. Emirates practices this as well. They can take a young pilot, dangle a fancy jet in front of him/her and tell them how awesome working for that carrier is. They then say "oh, but we have a training bond" and either require $30,000 dollars upfront for "training costs" that is released after 3 years or go after the pilot in court if they decide to leave. Its doubly difficult in a place like the UAE where unions are outlawed and Emirates can change the "contract" on a whim.

Its very easy for people on anet to say "oh well they signed up for it" but the objective of a recruiting department is to attract candidates and they can and do spin the truth. Common ways are saying they can expect a captain upgrade in a short period of time, promote a lifestyle that doesn't exist, etc. etc.

The practice itself should be outlawed.

It should also be noted that training for pilots and flight attendants is very different. Pilot training takes far longer and is much more expensive. There many airlines worldwide (including the US) that "churn and burn" flight attendants. At some of the regional carriers the attrition rate can be over 50% in the first 12 months. They do it to keep costs down by not having very many senior cabin crew.

I guess I'd ask what this bond pays for? Does this involve actual flight training or sim time? If they are taking a pilot without the training to secure a Part 121 job in the USA and giving them training to get them there then the bond is cheap. If it's to watch HR videos and a copy of the company employee manual then it's highway robbery. Which is it?

aviationaware

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:28 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Up-thread I asked for help in identifying two persons seated next to President Trump at the meeting. No responses.

I have since come to realize that the gentleman on Mr. Trump's left was Mr. Myron Gray, President for USA operations at UPS.

Can't give you a complete list, but the lady you are asking about is Ms. Deborah Flint, she is the CEO of Los Angeles World Airports, the company that owns LAX and VNY.

dtw2hyd

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:29 pm

BobPatterson wrote:

Deborah Flint CEO LAWA, watch c-span video in #87, it has introductions.
All posts are just opinions.

ual777

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:53 pm

enilria wrote:
ual777 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
She didn't go into the details about it. She just said that it was bad. I have read those reviews but it shocks me as I have had very long discussions with the crew on each flight about it. I know another steward who moved from a big Asian airline to DY and he said that DY was not as good as the company that he was originally in but he did say that DY was still quite a good company though. It still shocks me though about the links that your showing me.

The biggest issue I have with carriers like Norwegian (aside from their attempts to play the "direct employment" and flag of convenience game) is their training bond. Emirates practices this as well. They can take a young pilot, dangle a fancy jet in front of him/her and tell them how awesome working for that carrier is. They then say "oh, but we have a training bond" and either require $30,000 dollars upfront for "training costs" that is released after 3 years or go after the pilot in court if they decide to leave. Its doubly difficult in a place like the UAE where unions are outlawed and Emirates can change the "contract" on a whim.

Its very easy for people on anet to say "oh well they signed up for it" but the objective of a recruiting department is to attract candidates and they can and do spin the truth. Common ways are saying they can expect a captain upgrade in a short period of time, promote a lifestyle that doesn't exist, etc. etc.

The practice itself should be outlawed.

It should also be noted that training for pilots and flight attendants is very different. Pilot training takes far longer and is much more expensive. There many airlines worldwide (including the US) that "churn and burn" flight attendants. At some of the regional carriers the attrition rate can be over 50% in the first 12 months. They do it to keep costs down by not having very many senior cabin crew.

I guess I'd ask what this bond pays for? Does this involve actual flight training or sim time? If they are taking a pilot without the training to secure a Part 121 job in the USA and giving them training to get them there then the bond is cheap. If it's to watch HR videos and a copy of the company employee manual then it's highway robbery. Which is it?

There is sim training for the aircraft assigned. It's required by the FAA and is a requirement for the job. It's almost unheard of as a practice in the US. Especially at $30,000 dollars.
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.

BobPatterson

Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:48 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Deborah Flint CEO LAWA, watch c-span video in #87, it has introductions.

aviationaware wrote:
Can't give you a complete list, but the lady you are asking about is Ms. Deborah Flint, she is the CEO of Los Angeles World Airports, the company that owns LAX and VNY.

Thanks very much to both of you. I'd forgotten about airport reps being invited to the meeting.

DaufuskieGuy

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:53 am

MSPNWA wrote:

The APA concurs - https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-pil ... nance.html

Varsity1

Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:20 am

He was probably busy working on another DUI. He;s up to what? 3 already?

super80

Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:34 am

Maybe he wanted to put Trump Shuttle name back on AA Shuttle between DC and NY. LOL

LAXintl

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:06 am

Trump will attend 787-10 roll out in CHS on Friday. A big nod to Boeing...

President Trump coming to North Charleston Friday for Boeing 787-10 roll-out
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/pres ... 36103.html

“This visit will give the president an opportunity to celebrate a huge milestone for thousands of workers at Boeing, America's No. 1 exporter, and the millions of American workers involved in aerospace,” Spicer said.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos