Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

777ER
Head Moderator
Topic Author

Australian Aviation - February 2017

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 am

Welcome to the February 2017 edition of the Australian Aviation Threads. Link to previous thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1353097

Please note: Moderators have decided to let all country/regional aviation threads like this thread be a month long thread instead of the usual 200-250 post limit as per before, hence the February 2017 title

777ER/Jason
Head Forum Moderator.
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

log0008

Re: Australian Aviation - February 2017

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 am

QF10 DXB-MEL diverted to SIN, reported to be failure of the number 1 engine, appears it may be a lengthy delay.

SYDSpotter

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:06 am

From the previous thread:

CXfirst wrote:
Last A380 departure (today) had 102 passengers on it.

How is EK's other A380 service into PER going?

A 25% outbound LF is not great even for February.
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

jrfspa320

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:22 am

I'm not surprised, I know many perth locals purposely avoided that flight and took the evening arrival / departure which is much more sociable

smi0006

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:46 am

log0008 wrote:
QF10 DXB-MEL diverted to SIN, reported to be failure of the number 1 engine, appears it may be a lengthy delay.

Be interesting to see how much Maintance has been differed in the lead up to the new LAX 380 facility, and if there maybe some improvement in reliability from increased Maintance.

Qantas16

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:15 am

log0008 wrote:

Ouch! Hopefully they are able to get a lot of the pax onto the QF36, EK404 & JQ 8 tonight to get them to MEL (also 2 SQ flights tonight as well)... plenty of capacity there if they decide the aircraft wont be fixed quickly!

CXfirst

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:32 am

SYDSpotter wrote:

I'm not savvy to all their loads. The airside flight information screens at PER have pax numbers for outbound flights listed as reported by the airlines the day before (believe it is for the benefit of customs). They don't list breakdown of classes, nor do they state inbound loads, and it is the booked number the day before, so there could be minor changes (but, generally, the number would rather decrease than increase).

The evening flights are a lot healthier (though not full), but couldn't give you a figure for tonight or the last couple nights.

Most flights go out nowhere near full, but February isn't peak season.

-CXfirst

Qantas16

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 am

CXfirst wrote:
SYDSpotter wrote:

I'm not savvy to all their loads. The airside flight information screens at PER have pax numbers for outbound flights listed as reported by the airlines the day before (believe it is for the benefit of customs). They don't list breakdown of classes, nor do they state inbound loads, and it is the booked number the day before, so there could be minor changes (but, generally, the number would rather decrease than increase).

The evening flights are a lot healthier (though not full), but couldn't give you a figure for tonight or the last couple nights.

Most flights go out nowhere near full, but February isn't peak season.

-CXfirst

That's surprising that the boards display that. I have seen it at BNE but only in staff-only places, certainly not for public viewing.

CXfirst

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:36 am

Qantas16 wrote:
CXfirst wrote:

That's surprising that the boards display that. I have seen it at BNE but only in staff-only places, certainly not for public viewing.

It is in a staff only area. But, seeing as I'm not working for EK, nor any company representing EK, and it is displayed openly to me, I've got no reason not to write about it.

Airside was obviously the wrong word to use, it's displayed in operational areas.

-CXfirst

log0008

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Qantas16 wrote:
log0008 wrote:

Ouch! Hopefully they are able to get a lot of the pax onto the QF36, EK404 & JQ 8 tonight to get them to MEL (also 2 SQ flights tonight as well)... plenty of capacity there if they decide the aircraft wont be fixed quickly!

Amazingly it won't be so easy, QF36 and JQ8 are fully booked according to Expertflyer. EK404 only has 10Y and a few premium. SQ in the same boat - its peak season, SQ has been running fully loaded in Y on almost every inbound flight over the past few weeks with normally only a few spare on the A388 flight. May be able to get the rest home via SYD. QF 9 has been canceled tonight, appears they were able to move some pax onto EK407 and is why it is now 1 hour behind scheduled. Rest will be out on EK409 in the morning. - low season outbound anyway as pointed out for PER above.

Also you will note that tickets are still being sold so it looks like that are not full, that's because they will be overselling economy to offer upgrades. Sure won't be enough seats for 400+ off QF10

EK413

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:28 pm

It's worth noting last nights QF128 had a medical diversion to DRW early hours of the morning.

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

qf789

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:15 am

VH-OQB requires an engine change

http://avherald.com/h?article=4a48a852&opt=0

Passengers on the flight were accommodated overnight in SIN

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-a380- ... diversion/
Forum Moderator

tullamarine

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:44 am

With RR having a significant presence in SIN and QF having a "power by the hour" contract with RR, does this mean a replacement engine is sourced directly from SIN or does an engine have to be transported from SYD or UK?

QF has its A380 fleet pretty stretched currently so I assume that this issue will knock-on for several days. For example OQB would've been scheduled to do QF9 to LHR (since cancelled) then QF2 to SYD. Is QF2 also cancelled?

Is this pending the engine change or is it pending the arrival of an alternative aircraft to transport pax to MEL?
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

EK413

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:31 am

tullamarine wrote:

With RR having a significant presence in SIN and QF having a "power by the hour" contract with RR, does this mean a replacement engine is sourced directly from SIN or does an engine have to be transported from SYD or UK?

QF has its A380 fleet pretty stretched currently so I assume that this issue will knock-on for several days. For example OQB would've been scheduled to do QF9 to LHR (since cancelled) then QF2 to SYD. Is QF2 also cancelled?

Is this pending the engine change or is it pending the arrival of an alternative aircraft to transport pax to MEL?

With the strong RR presence in SIN the replacement is more than likely available as we speak. As for the disrupted passengers I'm sure QF have accommodated all passengers on next available flight out of SIN. The QF9 DXB-LHR QF2 LHR-DXB are cancelled part of the recovery otherwise as mentioned would've taken 1 week to recover the damage caused by -OQB diversion & grounded.

The inbound QF8 operated the delayed QF9.

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

log0008

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:15 am

EK413 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

With the strong RR presence in SIN the replacement is more than likely available as we speak. As for the disrupted passengers I'm sure QF have accommodated all passengers on next available flight out of SIN. The QF9 DXB-LHR QF2 LHR-DXB are cancelled part of the recovery otherwise as mentioned would've taken 1 week to recover the damage caused by -OQB diversion & grounded.

The inbound QF8 operated the delayed QF9.

EK413

For a source 'most pax will be heading home today, most via Perth and BNE and some CGK, SYD- rest booked onto QF36 tomorrow.' As I posted above, SIN-MEL and SIN-SYD flights are almost all full in Y and only a few seats in premium cabins.

qf789

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:00 am

JQ to start 3 weekly SYD-PPP from 4 April 17

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... pril-2017/
Forum Moderator

qf002

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:08 am

qf789 wrote:
JQ to start 3 weekly SYD-PPP from 4 April 17

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... pril-2017/

This must be a resumption, I distinctly remember flying SYD-PPP and return on JQ about ten years ago.

a7ala

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:02 pm

I saw the new QF PER-LHR B789 service will be operated originating from MEL as MEL-PER-LHR.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/how-qantas-non ... -will-work

And the rumour is that they will only be carrying intl traffic on the MEL-PER sector. Im guessing the loads on MEL-PER are going to be pretty low given it will only be pax that are travelling through to LHR which will be few given the PER-LHR market should be taking up the majority of the seats? I wonder if it would be better for them to run it originating New Zealand so at least they could carry a local international market between New Zealand and PER?

Maybe the schedule doesnt allow enough time to extend across the Tasman.

qfvhoqa

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:08 pm

qf002 wrote:
This must be a resumption, I distinctly remember flying SYD-PPP and return on JQ about ten years ago.

Good memory - flights ended July 2008. Sydney-Whitsundays Jetstar flights to stop

ItsMike

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:25 am

a7ala wrote:
I saw the new QF PER-LHR B789 service will be operated originating from MEL as MEL-PER-LHR.

And the rumour is that they will only be carrying intl traffic on the MEL-PER sector. Im guessing the loads on MEL-PER are going to be pretty low given it will only be pax that are travelling through to LHR which will be few given the PER-LHR market should be taking up the majority of the seats? I wonder if it would be better for them to run it originating New Zealand so at least they could carry a local international market between New Zealand and PER?

Passengers from PER to QF destinations east of Australia would also be able to connect at MEL. eg USA, NZ, Pacific Islands and even Japan

waoz1

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:59 am

a7ala wrote:

This is a guess, I read the article as well. We will need to see how T3 is set up in Perth for what might or might not happen.
It would make more sense to start and stop in Perth and filter everyone through. Empty seats on an aircraft so there is enough space for the people connecting in Perth doesn't seem to make economical sense.

qf789

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:15 am

waoz1 wrote:
a7ala wrote:

This is a guess, I read the article as well. We will need to see how T3 is set up in Perth for what might or might not happen.
It would make more sense to start and stop in Perth and filter everyone through. Empty seats on an aircraft so there is enough space for the people connecting in Perth doesn't seem to make economical sense.

As I have suggested previously, initially the aircraft will be flying MEL-LAX-MEL then MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL and as such QF could put 2 flight numbers on the same route i.e. MEL-PER QF9 for those starting their journey in MEL going to LHR and then QF96 for those flying back to PER from LAX. All I am suggesting is QF95-96 to LAX could start/finish in PER rather than MEL. By doing this they could better fill the aircraft on the MEL-PER sector and also would provide PER passengers with the first direct service to the US without having to change terminals and aircraft.
Forum Moderator

smi0006

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:40 am

qf789 wrote:
waoz1 wrote:
a7ala wrote:

As I have suggested previously, initially the aircraft will be flying MEL-LAX-MEL then MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL and as such QF could put 2 flight numbers on the same route i.e. MEL-PER QF9 for those starting their journey in MEL going to LHR and then QF96 for those flying back to PER from LAX. All I am suggesting is QF95-96 to LAX could start/finish in PER rather than MEL. By doing this they could better fill the aircraft on the MEL-PER sector and also would provide PER passengers with the first direct service to the US without having to change terminals and aircraft.

Is it possible to have two flight numbers? I don't think so for internal airlines process, airport processes or ATC- far simpler just to ticket the flights that way. Due to sector length a full clean and cater would be required, whilst this can be done with pax onboard, security searches for US bound flights can be. So pax would have to disembark in PER or MEL to facilitate this anyway, I don't see huge benefit in two flight numbers.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 am

ItsMike wrote:
a7ala wrote:

This is an excellent comment. The advantages of a new QF international hub in Perth could be far reaching.

Passengers from PER to QF destinations east of Australia would also be able to connect at MEL. eg USA, NZ, Pacific Islands and even Japan

qf789

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:22 am

smi0006 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
waoz1 wrote:

Is it possible to have two flight numbers? I don't think so for internal airlines process, airport processes or ATC- far simpler just to ticket the flights that way. Due to sector length a full clean and cater would be required, whilst this can be done with pax onboard, security searches for US bound flights can be. So pax would have to disembark in PER or MEL to facilitate this anyway, I don't see huge benefit in two flight numbers.

It has been done before, its not common but none the less it has be done before. When CX flew HKG-ADL-MEL-HKG the ADL-MEL leg had 2 flight numbers, IIRC CX105 was HKG-ADL-MEL and CX104 ADL-MEL-HKG. In regards to QF I am simply suggesting that they could do something similar, whether it is operationally feasible is obviously the deciding factor for such proposal to go ahead or not.
Forum Moderator

qf789

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:48 am

Alliance Airlines reports big lift in first half profits

http://australianaviation.com.au/2017/0 ... lf-profit/
Forum Moderator

qf789

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:58 am

QR plans major expansion to Australia in anticipation of a new bilateral agreement which is expected to ease restrictions in the market. New services will include a 2nd daily flight to both MEL & SYD with the SYD flight continuing on to CBR. QR is also considering other destinations in Australia

Unfortunately article is behind a paywall

http://aviationweek.com/awincommercial/ ... ia-flights
Forum Moderator

Qantas16

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:32 am

qf789 wrote:
QR plans major expansion to Australia in anticipation of a new bilateral agreement which is expected to ease restrictions in the market. New services will include a 2nd daily flight to both MEL & SYD with the SYD flight continuing on to CBR. QR is also considering other destinations in Australia

What is the point of DOH-SYD-CBR-SYD-DOH? Not only would you need a dedicated crew just for SYD-CBR-SYD, there is also very little appeal for people in CBR. I would understand DOH-CBR-SYD-CBR-DOH but the other way is ridiculous.

smi0006

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:06 am

qf789 wrote:

Interesting I imagine the next destination must be BNE? Since CBR is already planned?

An extra 3 weekly 350 services to MEL &a SYD seem like a lot of capacity yet alone daily... interesting to see. I'd imagine that AU traffic would provide some strong feed through the DOH hub.

ben175

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:14 am

VH-QPJ has had a rainbow makeover for Mardi Gras. Looks amazing, and great to see QF getting behind equality for all.

CXfirst

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 am

a7ala wrote:
And the rumour is that they will only be carrying intl traffic on the MEL-PER sector.

Don't understand why they would do this. I get it if the airplane is going to an international terminal, like DFW-BNE-SYD. As, towing and aircraft from international to domestic, and making those through passengers connect is a pain for them.

However, with T3 being rebuilt for these international operations, surely they can design it to be a swing gate. LHR-PER land internationally, PER-MEL depart domestically. One large advantage would be that customs and quarantine would only be handling the one flight, so the process should be quite quick and then you'd arrive in MEL domestically, and out the door in 10 mins with your suitcase. Probably a lot better than going through customs at MEL. Might need the plane on the ground marginally longer in PER for these pax, but still, 90 minutes should be plenty of time, if everything is designed right.

And of course, also the added revenue of pure domestic pax. Just make sure to price the flight correctly, so that you don't fill the flight up with only domestic seats, limiting MEL-LHR sales.

-CXfirst

SYDSpotter

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:56 am

CXfirst wrote:
However, with T3 being rebuilt for these international operations, surely they can design it to be a swing gate. LHR-PER land internationally, PER-MEL depart domestically. One large advantage would be that customs and quarantine would only be handling the one flight, so the process should be quite quick and then you'd arrive in MEL domestically, and out the door in 10 mins with your suitcase. Probably a lot better than going through customs at MEL. Might need the plane on the ground marginally longer in PER for these pax, but still, 90 minutes should be plenty of time, if everything is designed right.

And of course, also the added revenue of pure domestic pax. Just make sure to price the flight correctly, so that you don't fill the flight up with only domestic seats, limiting MEL-LHR sales.

-CXfirst

It's not as simple as that, it's not just a case of going through immigration and then re-boarding the plane. Those originating from LHR flying through to MEL will need to have their checked luggage examined by customs at PER, and then they will have to recheck those same bags through to MEL. So the ground handlers will inevitably be unloading and then reloading those same bags and the passengers go through another round of checking in their bags.

If some of the bags go missing, those MEL bound customers will be holding up the entire plane as they enquire as to the whereabouts of their luggage, not a good recipe for on-time performance.
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

Gemuser

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:07 am

SYDSpotter wrote:
It's not as simple as that, it's not just a case of going through immigration and then re-boarding the plane. Those originating from LHR flying through to MEL will need to have their checked luggage examined by customs at PER, and then they will have to recheck those same bags through to MEL. So the ground handlers will inevitably be unloading and then reloading those same bags and the passengers go through another round of checking in their bags.

If some of the bags go missing, those MEL bound customers will be holding up the entire plane as they enquire as to the whereabouts of their luggage, not a good recipe for on-time performance.

If it operates under the same standards as QF8 and various other flights doing a domestic stop before terminating at another city [the D pass system], the passengers coming from outside Australia and bound for MEL [in this case] will go through BOTH Immigration & Customs in MEL, nothing in PER.
That's how its worked for decades. I can not see QF operating a pure international flight MEL-PER-MEL & letting all that capacity AND revenue going to waste, that just seems silly.

Gemuser

angusjt

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:40 am

ben175 wrote:
VH-QPJ has had a rainbow makeover for Mardi Gras. Looks amazing, and great to see QF getting behind equality for all.

Just saw it via a tag on Instagram, I like the cause but it looks rather odd

qf789

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:08 am

Palisade Investment Partners to run MCY under 99 year lease. The deal also includes terminal upgrades and a new 2450m x 45m runway capable of handling widebody aircraft and expected to be completed by the end of 2020.

http://australianaviation.com.au/2017/0 ... ear-lease/
Forum Moderator

qf789

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:18 am

QF doesn't seem to be having a good week with the A380's

Yesterday QF9 was delayed after sustaining minor damage after being struck by a catering truck, aircraft VH-OQK

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-a380- ... layed-qf9/

VH-OQB is positioning back to SYD last night as QF6003 and returned to service today as QF127 SYD-HKG

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-a380- ... ngapore-2/
Forum Moderator

luftaom

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:23 pm

The Qantas wikipedia page suggests that QF has a codesharing arrangement with NZ. Can anyone think what route this might be (other than a mistake - which is where I am leaning towards)?
airliners.net's passenger - simultaneously connecting and flying direct.

qf789

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:25 pm

qf789 wrote:
QF doesn't seem to be having a good week with the A380's

Yesterday QF9 was delayed after sustaining minor damage after being struck by a catering truck, aircraft VH-OQK

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-a380- ... layed-qf9/

VH-OQB is positioning back to SYD last night as QF6003 and returned to service today as QF127 SYD-HKG

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-a380- ... ngapore-2/

Thursday's QF9 has gone tech as well, aircraft in question this time is VH-OQL according to MEL airport website it wont depart until 5pm Friday
Forum Moderator

qf789

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Garuda to add a 5th weekly service from CGK to both SYD & MEL from June 17

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... e-changes/
Forum Moderator

xiaotung

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:59 pm

http://www.andina.com.pe/Ingles/noticia ... 53225.aspx

Apparently Peruvian officials are visiting QF hoping to convince them to fly to Lima. However I think it would be a better proposition for NZ to consider giving LIM is a Star hub and AV is now safe to stay with Star.

PA515

Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:53 pm

xiaotung wrote:
Apparently Peruvian officials are visiting QF hoping to convince them to fly to Lima. However I think it would be a better proposition for NZ to consider giving LIM is a Star hub and AV is now safe to stay with Star.

This is a bit strange as QF does not have a suitable aircraft for SYD-LIM. This would be a leisure route and the QF 789s are going to be premium heavy.

Definitely a possibility for an Air NZ 789.

PA515

getluv

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:11 pm

If you think Lima is a *A hub then it is also a oneworld hub.

Demand for Peru is really exceptional at the moment and I would not be surprised if QF or NZ make space for the route even if it is a leisure route.

I think a QF 789 with just 40 J seats might just be the perfect amount. They already have no problem filling 60 to SCL on most days.
I'm that bad type.

qf002

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:12 pm

I'd have thought a marketing cooperation would be more likely in the short term. Having a big brand like QF attached to a campaign here (and even across Asia) would be a big boost while QF only stands to benefit from more people travelling to South America.

QF's short term objective would be to increase SCL but I could easily see LIM being an option at some point in the longer term as well.

qf789

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:17 am

The following link is a detailed analysis on TT and also VA for that matter on the textbook example of how not to manage a crisis with the recent Bali fiasco

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 73f7ab6b81
Forum Moderator

zkncj

Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:41 am

qf789 wrote:
Palisade Investment Partners to run MCY under 99 year lease. The deal also includes terminal upgrades and a new 2450m x 45m runway capable of handling widebody aircraft and expected to be completed by the end of 2020.

http://australianaviation.com.au/2017/0 ... ear-lease/

Hopefully with the improvements - we could see NZ build the service up to year round daily.

CXfirst

Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:51 am

SYDSpotter wrote:

You make it sound like a bigger problem than it is.

We are not talking about an A380 sized load. It is a premium heavy 787, where a large amount of passengers (if not majority) are likely ending their trip in PER or continuing to another Australian destination. Customs and Quarantine does not take that long, and if you have a bag drop right outside arrivals, those bags will be back on the plane in no time.

SA have a lot of transfer pax onto VA each day, probably a similar amount of passengers as the QF 787 will have. We receive these connection bags surprisingly quickly, and that is after these pax went through customs at a busier time than QF will ever see.

Perhaps the act of having to retrieve your bag from a carousel twice will not appeal, but I still stand by my statement that the overall process of having the customs and immigration done in PER will be quicker, even if they turnaround time needs to be extended slightly. But even then, I don't think the turnaround time will increase much.

And all this, with the benefit of being able to sell domestic tickets.

-CXfirst

qf789

Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:05 am

Friday's QF12 JFK-LAX suffered an overnight delay at JFK. As a result the flight continued on as LAX-BNE and is expected to arrive in BNE just 1am Monday morning. Due to this today's QF15 departure is delayed to 2am Monday morning (this is what is on the QF website). Subsequently Sunday's QF11/12 to JFK has been cancelled

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-b747- ... jfk-delay/
Forum Moderator

qf2220

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:14 am

777ER wrote:
Welcome to the February 2017 edition of the Australian Aviation Threads. Link to previous thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1353097

Please note: Moderators have decided to let all country/regional aviation threads like this thread be a month long thread instead of the usual 200-250 post limit as per before, hence the February 2017 title

777ER/Jason
Head Forum Moderator.

Good idea to make this a monthly thread - should make it easier in coming years to better find posts based on the date.

One thing - can we still continue the numbering system, at least for this post, so we can have a continuous streak of numbers, that then transitions with this thread.

Cheers!

qf2220

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:18 am

xiaotung wrote:
http://www.andina.com.pe/Ingles/noticia-lufthansa-interested-in-reinstating-flights-to-peru-653225.aspx

Smart move. LIM is a huge transfer hub for LA/LATAM and though SCL is still probably better, might offer a range of other connections through the northern South America and Caribbean. Also gives the premium tourist trade another way of routing through their South American itineraries.

777ER
Head Moderator
Topic Author

Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:39 pm

luftaom wrote:
The Qantas wikipedia page suggests that QF has a codesharing arrangement with NZ. Can anyone think what route this might be (other than a mistake - which is where I am leaning towards)?

QF codeshare on routes where JQ/QF doesn't operate to, so yes the wiki page is correct. QF have had the codeshare agreement with NZ for several years.
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos