User avatar
DL747400
Topic Author
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:04 pm

DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Amazing reward for the world's best airline employees. I am proud to be your customer. Thank you to all of the DL people who make my world travels safe, reliable and comfortable.

http://news.delta.com/delta-pay-out-mor ... tting-year

Image

Image
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:32 pm

DL747400 wrote:
Amazing reward for the world's best airline employees. I am proud to be your customer. Thank you to all of the DL people who make my world travels safe, reliable and comfortable.


I second that, congrats to the BEST airline employees in the world, to the entire Delta family, awesome job!!

Its so true that great service is more than just having great planes. Anybody can buy a brand new 77W but it takes exceptional employees to make an airline truly great.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:50 pm

And the non-union DL employees saw their PS cut in half, all DL has succeed in doing is gaining more momentum for the FAs and Ramp to become IAM members.

Pilots however saw no reduction a 747 capt who flew 80 hours a month received $58,000 while FAs saw their PS cut in half.
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
And the non-union DL employees saw their PS cut in half, all DL has succeed in doing is gaining more momentum for the FAs and Ramp to become IAM members.
.


You obviously have no clue on what your talking about.

LOL :rotfl:
Last edited by jumbojet on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5637
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
And the non-union DL employees saw their PS cut in half, all DL has succeed in doing is gaining more momentum for the FAs and Ramp to become IAM members.


Do you think those employees would rather get paid in profit sharing, or receive it in base pay (like they did)? That's a rhetorical question - everyone who's studied labor economics knows the probable answer.

November 15, 2016 Airline industry, airport, Atlanta, Delta, Hartsfield-Jackson, planes.

Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines is giving its flight attendants and ground workers a 6 percent pay raise next April, the company announced Tuesday.

The employees got 18.5 percent raises last year, part of which made up for a change in the profit sharing formula that could reduce payouts.



http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2016/11/15/ ... nt-raises/
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:04 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
And the non-union DL employees saw their PS cut in half, all DL has succeed in doing is gaining more momentum for the FAs and Ramp to become IAM members.
.


You obviously have no clue on what your talking about.

LOL :rotfl:

Are you looking in the mirror?

FAs are posting an average of $6,000 or higher reductions, its all over Facebook.

Put down the DL koolaide.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
And the non-union DL employees saw their PS cut in half, all DL has succeed in doing is gaining more momentum for the FAs and Ramp to become IAM members.
.


You obviously have no clue on what your talking about.

LOL :rotfl:

Are you looking in the mirror?

FAs are posting an average of $6,000 or higher reductions, its all over Facebook.

Put down the DL koolaide.


Most of the flight attendants I know are elated to get over a 10% bonus - sure they wish it was more but who wouldn't? Most people in the corporate world but be so excited if their company provided profit sharing (my company provides a 1% stock bonus if goals are met). Delta employees get more profit sharing than UA or AA - a union wouldn't have changed anything. Is this going to make a vocal minority louder? Sure. But it won't change the dynamic at the company.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:25 pm

All of the FAs I know are not happy the IAM cards are being signed at record rates

Average FA cut was $6,000 and Ramp over $4,000.
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
All of the FAs I know are not happy the IAM cards are being signed at record rates

Average FA cut was $6,000 and Ramp over $4,000.


really? and ALL the FA's I know are very happy. How many FA's do you know?
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:34 pm

I have had dealing with 5,500 DL FAs
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:35 pm

DL cut the non-union payout by 50%, those are facts.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:39 pm

To focus on the profit sharing cut, while ignoring the far-bigger and directly connected pay boost is either ignorance, or intentional lying. My guess is just the people are not competent at money. So, they are lucky to be working for Delta.

But, a long time ago I learned that it's never enough, and the emotionalism never stops. Once it becomes about how people feel, if they can feel themselves more money (as it is in some cases) then we are in real trouble.

Anyway, congrats to all Delta employees, you work for a good airline and a good employer.
Last edited by Flighty on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Lucky?

You do realize DL's ramp is 40% ready reserve employees, they have no benefits, no sick time, no OJI time, no vacation time, they are maxed out at $14 an hour and their hours are capped. They have no 401k match nor any pension.

DL has three different pay scales for ACS benefited employees, they dont make the same money nor receive the same percentages of raises.

DL's FAs and ACS are not happy.

Yep thats lucky, and you wonder why there are two huge organizing drives going on, cards are flying in to the IAM.
 
toobz
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Awesome job to all DL employees!! And hey idiots, knock it off. Nobody cares about your propaganda. If you didn't get a check, change jobs.
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
and you wonder why there are two huge organizing drives going on, cards are flying in to the IAM.


:rotfl:

and the cards say, go away. WE DONT WANT YOU!!!
 
B757Forever
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
DL cut the non-union payout by 50%, those are facts.



Yes, the payout is 50% less this year than last. Yes, you overlook the 18.5% pay raise given just under two years ago with the understanding it would reduce PS? Those are facts too. You are entitled to your own opinion, just not your own facts.
The Rolls Royce Dart. Noise = Shaft Horsepower.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3416
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:32 pm

B757Forever wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
DL cut the non-union payout by 50%, those are facts.



Yes, the payout is 50% less this year than last. Yes, you overlook the 18.5% pay raise given just under two years ago with the understanding it would reduce PS? Those are facts too. You are entitled to your own opinion, just not your own facts.


Good slogan for an airline: Alternate Facts Don't Fly Here :-) DELTA

It's also really good to see the employees getting all that bonus money. The pool should be larger, at least on par with the value of stockholder payouts and buy backs. 50-50 employees-stockholders.

And the bonuses should be skewed more to the little guy and less to the overpaid pilots.

And, until Delta stops manipulating employees through Ready Reserve, any claim to treating employees well is something of a joke, A bad joke.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
Lucky?

You do realize DL's ramp is 40% ready reserve employees, they have no benefits, no sick time, no OJI time, no vacation time, they are maxed out at $14 an hour and their hours are capped. They have no 401k match nor any pension.

DL has three different pay scales for ACS benefited employees, they dont make the same money nor receive the same percentages of raises.

DL's FAs and ACS are not happy.

Yep thats lucky, and you wonder why there are two huge organizing drives going on, cards are flying in to the IAM.



This is simply not true. Delta Ready Reserves do accrue PTO (40 hours per year), receive their 6% raise starting in April (same as other employees and are not maxed at $14) and receive a 3% contribution from Delta for their 401k (this started January 1). Your 'facts' are not correct and are the typical incorrect statements that are made to try and get people to unionize. Delta's workgroups are compensated higher than American and United. Their union didn't get them more than what Delta gives their employees.
 
panamair
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2001 2:24 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:05 pm

gonnagetbumpy wrote:
Delta's workgroups are compensated higher than American and United. Their union didn't get them more than what Delta gives their employees.


And AA's unionized FAs are picketing today at a few hub airports around the country, protesting that their compensation and working conditions are worse than at DL or UA...

"......Leaders of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants say their pay and working conditions remain worse than those at Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines and Chicago-based United despite the fact that the merger made American the largest airline in the world...."

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... yptr=yahoo
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:26 pm

RRs have a version of PPT, 1 hour is accrued for every 30 hours worked. Company will contribute 3% to a 401k starting in April, however no match is provided for any employee contributions.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:33 pm

panamair wrote:
gonnagetbumpy wrote:
Delta's workgroups are compensated higher than American and United. Their union didn't get them more than what Delta gives their employees.


And AA's unionized FAs are picketing today at a few hub airports around the country, protesting that their compensation and working conditions are worse than at DL or UA...

"......Leaders of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants say their pay and working conditions remain worse than those at Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines and Chicago-based United despite the fact that the merger made American the largest airline in the world...."

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... yptr=yahoo


This is also what their union negotiated on behalf of the flight attendants. It obviously didn't make their lives better. They agreed to these terms and the flight attendants and union should accept them until it becomes amendable (or get rid of the union and out of their poor contract).

I do think it was a mistake, however, for Delta to have two profit sharing models (one for pilots and one for all other employees), however, compared to peers each workgroup leads in total compensation compared to the other two large legacy airlines and all groups are certainly very fortunate to have such a great plan.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:37 pm

A couple other notes. When the RR-PPT program was implemented, minimum annual hour requirement for non-seasonal RRs jumped from 300 to 600 hours annually. I know a few RRs that were terminated due to missing the new requirement. Second thought, it feels like every time a new "enhancement" is given to RRs, it feels like a cheap version of what full time employees receive. Full time employees receive a 6% match in to a 401k, RRs receive none. PPT is accrued for full time employees based on how many hours an employee is scheduled, whereas a RR accrues PPT based on hours actually worked. An argument could be made that these "enhancements" for RRs are not actually "enhancements" but a PR move for publicity. I am almost glad the company does not provide health insurance for RRs, because I'd assume the minimum hours would be substantially increased, premiums would be something along the lines of $300-$400 per month and deductibles would be $6000+.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:45 pm

question how does one post a picture?
 
richierich
Posts: 3582
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2000 5:49 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:11 pm

Why does a thread about profit sharing turn into DL-bashing? I mean, come on, there are several other threads for that...I may not be Delta's biggest fan but I am happy for the DL employees who got some compensation.
None shall pass!!!!
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:23 pm

richierich wrote:
Why does a thread about profit sharing turn into DL-bashing? I mean, come on, there are several other threads for that...I may not be Delta's biggest fan but I am happy for the DL employees who got some compensation.


basically, some people will complain just for the sake of complaining. I mean, if DL FA's were unionized, certain people on here would be saying, 'Oh look what a great job DL FA's union got the rank and file'. Its true. people are just envious of what DL FA's get without a union.


In fact, DL FA's NOT having a union is one of the main reason's I choose to fly Delta.
Last edited by jumbojet on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3348
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Oh yeah, the annual Valentine's Day gloat thread. Pride infests this company. Should we have a thread for every airline?

DL747400 wrote:
Amazing reward for the world's best airline employees. I am proud to be your customer. Thank you to all of the DL people who make my world travels safe, reliable and comfortable.


If they're the "best", I'd hate to know what the worst is... Good thing I can choose to avoid the "best". If they're are truly that, flying sucks.

MIflyer12 wrote:
Do you think those employees would rather get paid in profit sharing, or receive it in base pay (like they did)? That's a rhetorical question - everyone who's studied labor economics knows the probable answer.


I've studied it. The answer is it doesn't matter, unless you're dependent on when you get the paycheck. It's all a part of your total compensation. I've noticed that many DL employees still do not understand that it isn't a "bonus". DL preys on that ignorance.

Here's another question. Would you rather have your total compensation written into a binding contract? Or would you rather have it at the mercy of whatever management feels like giving you?

B757Forever wrote:
Yes, the payout is 50% less this year than last. Yes, you overlook the 18.5% pay raise given just under two years ago with the understanding it would reduce PS? Those are facts too. You are entitled to your own opinion, just not your own facts.


There lies the rub. It wasn't "18.5%". It was 18.5% minus the considerable loss of profit sharing. Employees were overlooking how much PS they would lose. Now that day has come.

Also the timing of one of those increases circumvented a pilot contract clause to raise their pay. That was another very anti-employee move by management.
Last edited by MSPNWA on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
Rookie87
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:26 pm

richierich wrote:
Why does a thread about profit sharing turn into DL-bashing? I mean, come on, there are several other threads for that...I may not be Delta's biggest fan but I am happy for the DL employees who got some compensation.


From what I just read it seems like although some DL employees are happy about this bonus, as they have a right to be and should be, some are pointing out that the grass is not greener in Delta land and voicing (typing) their reasons why.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
RRs have a version of PPT, 1 hour is accrued for every 30 hours worked. Company will contribute 3% to a 401k starting in April, however no match is provided for any employee contributions.


Yes, that's exactly what PPT is: an accrued time off. A 3% standard contribution is significantly more than many companies provide even with a match. Is it as high as other employee groups? No but definitely isn't none.
 
Chemist
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:46 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Your bag fees at work.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:52 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
Oh yeah, the annual Valentine's Day gloat thread. Pride infests this company. Should we have a thread for every airline?

DL747400 wrote:
Amazing reward for the world's best airline employees. I am proud to be your customer. Thank you to all of the DL people who make my world travels safe, reliable and comfortable.


If they're the "best", I'd hate to know what the worst is... Good thing I can choose to avoid the "best". If they're are truly that, flying sucks.

MIflyer12 wrote:
Do you think those employees would rather get paid in profit sharing, or receive it in base pay (like they did)? That's a rhetorical question - everyone who's studied labor economics knows the probable answer.


I've studied it. The answer is it doesn't matter, unless you're dependent on when you get the paycheck. It's all a part of your total compensation. I've noticed that many DL employees still do not understand that it isn't a "bonus". DL preys on that ignorance.

Here's another question. Would you rather have your total compensation written into a binding contract? Or would you rather have it at the mercy of whatever management feels like giving you?

B757Forever wrote:
Yes, the payout is 50% less this year than last. Yes, you overlook the 18.5% pay raise given just under two years ago with the understanding it would reduce PS? Those are facts too. You are entitled to your own opinion, just not your own facts.


There lies the rub. It wasn't "18.5%". It was 18.5% minus the considerable loss of profit sharing. Employees were overlooking how much PS they would lose. Now that day has come.

Also the timing of one of those increases circumvented a pilot contract clause to raise their pay. That was another very anti-employee move by management.


Say 18.5% minus the approximately 10% reduction in profit sharing is still an overall 8.5% raise (plus an additional 6% this year). Delta's base pay is still higher than American and United, add in profit sharing and total cash compensation is significantly higher. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but your poor attitude and lack of knowledge regarding Delta, and the industry in general, makes your posts annoying and hurts your credibility.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:56 pm

The profit sharing wasnt reduced 10%, it was 20% reduced to 10%, that is a 50% cut.

So your math is wrong.

Many FAs have seen over a $6,000 reduction, when last year they got $12,000. I know a ramper that lost $8,000.

So if someone got $12k last year, and now only received $6k, please explain how that is a 10% reduction?

When I went to school, I was taught that was a 50% reduction.

The raise they got was 14.5%, not 18% and they are scheduled to get 6% in April, still making the FAs and Ramp lower paid than WN, AA and UA.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
The profit sharing wasnt reduced 10%, it was 20% reduced to 10%, that is a 50% cut.

So your math is wrong.

Many FAs have seen over a $6,000 reduction, when last year they got $12,000. I know a ramper that lost $8,000.

So if someone got $12k last year, and now only received $6k, please explain how that is a 10% reduction?

When I went to school, I was taught that was a 50% reduction.

The raise they got was 14.5%, not 18% and they are scheduled to get 6% in April, still making the FAs and Ramp lower paid than WN, AA and UA.


Last year employees earned approximately 20% of their salary in profit sharing. This year it was approximately 10%. That is a reduction of 10% in total compensation. Yes a 50% reduction in profit sharing but base compensation went up 18.5% and 10% of total compensation was taken away with the new profit sharing formula. My math is more than sound.

Additionally, (I'm not sure about WN but it is possible their equivalent to an hourly rate is higher) Delta's flight attendants (I can't comment on ramp agents) have a higher hourly pay than Delta and United after the 6% raise goes effect. Last year, Delta gave their employees 18.5% raises. The second was 14.5 %. They had one earlier that year in I believe April.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Do you not understand simple math?

It is a 50% reduction in payout.
FA received $12,000 last year, worked about the same amount of hours and now received $6,000.

That is a 50% reduction in payout.

If you take $12,000 and it was only reduced 10% that would be $1,200 loss, not $6,000.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
Do you not understand simple math?

It is a 50% reduction in payout.
FA received $12,000 last year, worked about the same amount of hours and now received $6,000.

That is a 50% reduction in payout.

If you take $12,000 and it was only reduced 10% that would be $1,200 loss, not $6,000.



I understand it quite well, actually. Like I said, profit sharing was reduced by approximately 50%. You aren't wrong about that however you're not understanding that total cash compensation was reduced by 10% from the change in profit sharing adjustment but base pay was increased 18.5%. Total compensation wasn't just profit sharing. They receive an hourly wage as well. Are you forgetting that part?
 
B757Forever
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:16 pm

DL in 2015 gave employees 18.5 % in pay raises. There was 4% on April 1 2015 and an additional 14.5 % on December 1 2015. Last time I checked, that totals 18.5%. It was given with the understanding there would be a big reduction in PS. This was driven by the feedback via the employee survey in which many preferred a larger base pay and a smaller PS. At the same time the PS formula was changed (because of the much larger base pay) to include a much larger 10% component and a smaller 20% component. This year the payout was 10.3% of earned wages. Everybody I work with knows and understands that, it's not a big surprise worthy of some of the outrage I'm seeing from a few here on a.net.
The Rolls Royce Dart. Noise = Shaft Horsepower.
 
2122M
Posts: 1201
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Gotta be honest, I don't really have a horse in this race However, just using the debate in this thread it seems to me like DL is doing a stand-up job with a solid profit sharing program to those who want it and a decent base pay increase to those that prefer not to rely on profit sharing. Good for them!
 
BravoOne
Posts: 3526
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:41 pm

Just curious what you think a DL under the wing ramper should be making per hour?
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 pm

An AA topped out FSC makes $30.17 an hour.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
An AA topped out FSC makes $30.17 an hour.


What is an FSC? I know a 'standard' ramp agent at Delta makes 30.13 an hour when they top out.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Fleet Service Clerk
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:14 pm

And DL wont make that rate till April.

AA's pay right now is DL +3% and they are in negotiations.

UA's will be the highest paid when their raise kicks in later this year, and AA get a raise of 2.1% this fall if no JCBA is ratified.
 
toobz
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 pm

I guarantee that no DL employee is mad about this lol..just these sore ass ex employees. We on to y'all.
 
SonomaFlyer
Posts: 2196
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:27 am

To those that chipped in about the "overpaid" pilots and bonus amounts while also laughing at the issue of union representation, the pilots are unionized and collectively bargained for their rates, rules and profit sharing.

It seems that many on this board frown on unions but theirs secured a fairly decent contract for the pilots; more power to em I say.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3416
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:42 am

SonomaFlyer wrote:
To those that chipped in about the "overpaid" pilots and bonus amounts while also laughing at the issue of union representation, the pilots are unionized and collectively bargained for their rates, rules and profit sharing.

It seems that many on this board frown on unions but theirs secured a fairly decent contract for the pilots; more power to em I say.


Thus far, I think I am the only one who mentioned pilots as being overpaid. I did not mention unions and laughed at no one.

Please get your facts straight.

Thank you.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
gonnagetbumpy
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:58 am

SonomaFlyer wrote:
To those that chipped in about the "overpaid" pilots and bonus amounts while also laughing at the issue of union representation, the pilots are unionized and collectively bargained for their rates, rules and profit sharing.

It seems that many on this board frown on unions but theirs secured a fairly decent contract for the pilots; more power to em I say.


I think pilots are overpaid too, nevertheless, you are inferring that if other Delta groups had a union they would get a similar contract to a pilot. Comparisons should be made from work group to work group; the unions at AA and UA have not secured better contracts than non-union DL employees (except it appears maybe ramp agents).
 
User avatar
usdcaguy
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:47 am

SonomaFlyer wrote:
It seems that many on this board frown on unions but theirs secured a fairly decent contract for the pilots; more power to em I say.


Yes, that's exactly what many refuse to acknowledge. However, in the airline industry, the pilots are "acceptably unionized", because, after all, they're white heterosexual men who have families to feed. Right?? Meanwhile, the flight attendants and ground staff don't need gnarly things like unions to protect them because they have their husbands to rely on or don't deserve to make much money anyway since they're driving a belt loader for a living. The old sexism and classism still exist; they just manifest themselves in different ways.
 
DL777200LR
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:15 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:19 am

People will always complain, it's always the same routine on any Delta thread regarding any sort of compensation increase or profit sharing and the negativity on a positive subject is astounding. And as Boof loves stating facts, you should try looking at all the facts instead of only the ones that make your argument look better.
Nothing better than the sound of a 77W GE90-115B on engine start.
 
mackdad
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:16 am

Re: DL Employees Share $1.1 Billion USD in Profit Sharing Today

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:42 am

Boof02671 wrote:
Do you not understand simple math?

It is a 50% reduction in payout.
FA received $12,000 last year, worked about the same amount of hours and now received $6,000.

That is a 50% reduction in payout.

If you take $12,000 and it was only reduced 10% that would be $1,200 loss, not $6,000.


If you base your total math on just one pay out instead of the 104 other paychecks in a year you not seeing the bigger picture.

Just on base salary and PS new formula your still making 7% more then the old formula and no raise.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos