Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fusionliner
Topic Author

Philippine Airlines New Safety Video

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxvm8h91PRU

Thoughts? Im sure there are gonna be comparisons to Qantas' new Safety Video, but overall. Very engaging and is a nice showcase of the different islands of the Philippines

azjubilee

Re: Philippine Airlines New Safety Video

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:33 am

Uh... can anyone say Hawaiian airlines? And I'm not even talking about the "on scene" nature of the video, which has been done by many carriers. Just to name 3, the zip line scene, volcano scene and the exit scene in the sand are all curiously similar. There's only a few ways to say exactly the same thing between airlines, but come on.

fusionliner
Topic Author

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:16 am

azjubilee wrote:
Uh... can anyone say Hawaiian airlines? And I'm not even talking about the "on scene" nature of the video, which has been done by many carriers. Just to name 3, the zip line scene, volcano scene and the exit scene in the sand are all curiously similar. There's only a few ways to say exactly the same thing between airlines, but come on.

azjubilee wrote:

Hah, now that you mentioned it, it is very similar.

I argue the strategy is a bit different. I think the intent on wanting to create a campaign with their current advertising tagline, that showcases the scenic adventure and tourism ended up with an execution that obviously was not original.

But yeah, maybe they could have done a bit more research with the competition and did a few things differently

davescj

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:44 am

I noticed the tribune to DL (the shaking finger at no smoking). That being said, I thought it a classy production. I think it is great that Philippine Airlines made it a point to highlight their country.
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

BestWestern

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:04 am

I saw it on board last week and thought it was a very fresh and engaging safety video.

Onboard safety was taken seriously, with a proper seatbelt check and staff not serving and returning to seats when safety belt sign was on.

Now T2 is so much easier to access from the city, I think I have a new chosen carrier on my monthly trips to the city.

This was my first Philippine airlines flight. I was very very impressed with quality of service, aircraft cleanliness and meal flavour on what was an infra Asian flight (MNL CGK).
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

BestWestern

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:10 am

I saw it on board last week and thought it was a very fresh and engaging safety video.

Onboard safety was taken seriously, with a proper seatbelt check and staff not serving and returning to seats when safety belt sign was on.

Now T2 is so much easier to access from the city, I think I have a new chosen carrier on my monthly trips to the city.

This was my first Philippine airlines flight. I was very very impressed with quality of service, aircraft cleanliness and meal flavour on what was an infra Asian flight (MNL CGK).
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.