JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Irish 2/17

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:14 am

Please continue your discussion and to post ypur updates here.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1351411

BrianDromey wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
shamrock321 wrote:
BA crew have no problem serving full and short flights, I've worked any MAN and served full A321s in 20/25 minutes. The problems are with the computer used to process payments, it's had a few teething problems. (End of defensive post)

It was just tongue and cheek ;)

Out of interest have on board sales dipped since cash was withdrawn, I could of easily spent 15 quid over two flights if cash was accepted.

BA has never accepted cash for buy-on-board sale, it launched on the 11th of Jan and has been Card (charged in sterling) or Avios payments from day one. I don't know if duty-free sales still accept cash, or not.

My bad been years since i flew with them!
____

DY will increase OSL from 3 to 6 weekly from start of summer schedule, finally it's been long over due and I expect ARN service will eventually follow.

____
"I'm more put off by cuts on BRU - while obviously it is capacity being shifted to bucket and spade, EI should be able to hold its own on these routes against FR.

EI really do need a smaller jet to develop Europe more and feed the hub. Hopefully, we see that soon!"

Don't even thing smaller jets are needed just an extra aircraft in general. They have spent the last few years trying to maximize SH fleet and you have to question when is it time to add capacity rather than just move it.

BestWestern

Re: Irish 1/17: A whole new world!

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:27 am

Hartford has had a strong, but not stellar start. Load factors in November and December were 68% and 65%, which is good for winter months.

This assumes a 177 seater, 17 times each month. Pax data from Bradleyairport
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

tonystan

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:28 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
shamrock321 wrote:
BA crew have no problem serving full and short flights, I've worked any MAN and served full A321s in 20/25 minutes. The problems are with the computer used to process payments, it's had a few teething problems. (End of defensive post)

Out of interest have on board sales dipped since cash was withdrawn, I could of easily spent 15 quid over two flights if cash was accepted.

Onboard snacks and drinks have always been complimentary on BA shorthaul flights (with the brief exception of BA Citiexpress in the early noughties) up until January of this year with the CEO decided it was time to introduce buy on board (BOB). Since its introduction about 3 weeks ago it has been plagued with problems from not enough food loaded (4 sandwiches for a return LCA trip) to faulty machines for paying. Add to that the system is cashless meaning if the machine is down payment processing takes even longer. Basically it's been another almighty mess up by BA management and the poor crew are the ones left to deal with the fall out.

Also FYI, regarding your point earlier about passport control into Ireland. ID is required between Ireland and the UK however a very important aspect of the Common Travel Area between the two countries is that passports are not required. Provisions are supposed to be made to prevent U.K originating customers from having to pass through Passport control on the Irish side. However following massive refurbishments of DUB (I'm not sure what happens in SNN, ORK or NOC) in the mid noughties the ability to bypass passport control on U.K inbound flights was removed in order to remove complexity of gate facilities and consistency throughout. Unfortunately IMHO this has had a negative effect on the arrival and passport control experience and the recent introduction of 100% passport checks has just made it much worse with significant peak time queues particularly at the 100/200 gates passport control area. Terminal 2 and terminal 5 in LHR have correctly invested in bypass channels for Irish originating flights which eliminate passport checks and I wish Dublin would find a way now too like they did in the old days. But I digress.
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

OA260

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 am

Aer Lingus is main source of US-bound transfers

The vast majority of passengers transferring at Dublin Airport to US-bound flights currently originate from the Aer Lingus network, coming from the UK and continental Europe.

Some regional UK cities, while large, don't have direct flights to the US and so passengers can fly to Dublin and then reach a number of American destinations, such as New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago, Boston and Newark with Aer Lingus.

When Aer Lingus launched its service between Dublin and Hartford, Connecticut, last year, the passengers on the first flight had transferred to it at the Irish capital from countries such as the UK, Germany and Croatia.

Surprisingly, Aer Lingus has also managed to lure passengers to its transatlantic network from places such as Paris and Amsterdam - cities already well-served by US-bound flights.

http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/ ... 14264.html

JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:53 pm

tonystan wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
shamrock321 wrote:

Onboard snacks and drinks have always been complimentary on BA shorthaul flights (with the brief exception of BA Citiexpress in the early noughties) up until January of this year with the CEO decided it was time to introduce buy on board (BOB). Since its introduction about 3 weeks ago it has been plagued with problems from not enough food loaded (4 sandwiches for a return LCA trip) to faulty machines for paying. Add to that the system is cashless meaning if the machine is down payment processing takes even longer. Basically it's been another almighty mess up by BA management and the poor crew are the ones left to deal with the fall out.

Also FYI, regarding your point earlier about passport control into Ireland. ID is required between Ireland and the UK however a very important aspect of the Common Travel Area between the two countries is that passports are not required. Provisions are supposed to be made to prevent U.K originating customers from having to pass through Passport control on the Irish side. However following massive refurbishments of DUB (I'm not sure what happens in SNN, ORK or NOC) in the mid noughties the ability to bypass passport control on U.K inbound flights was removed in order to remove complexity of gate facilities and consistency throughout. Unfortunately IMHO this has had a negative effect on the arrival and passport control experience and the recent introduction of 100% passport checks has just made it much worse with significant peak time queues particularly at the 100/200 gates passport control area. Terminal 2 and terminal 5 in LHR have correctly invested in bypass channels for Irish originating flights which eliminate passport checks and I wish Dublin would find a way now too like they did in the old days. But I digress.

Peak traffic problems is just down o staffing and as FR said last week the E Gates in the middle are been blocked by queues so nobody can use them, they are working to get them moved. The set up in UK airports is great but in saying that I have heard very few complain about set up in DUB either.

kaitak

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Ryanair has today launched several flights from Israel to various destinations within Europe (mostly Eastern and South Eastern), both to TLV and Eilat/Ovda.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... 19-routes/

Interestingly, SAS will also seek an Irish AOC (as well as seeking bases in the UK and Spain): http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... -and-spain

OA260

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:36 pm

kaitak wrote:
Ryanair has today launched several flights from Israel to various destinations within Europe (mostly Eastern and South Eastern), both to TLV and Eilat/Ovda.

Always thought if politics and security were better then Eilat would make a nice Wintersun destination from DUB.

IrishTexan

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 am

New transatlantic service to Las Vegas later this year with EI planning DUB-LAS.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ae ... 17113.html

tonystan

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:56 am

Well that was a curve ball I wasn't expecting.

IrishTexan

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:13 am

Eirules

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:20 am

IrishTexan wrote:
New transatlantic service to Las Vegas later this year with EI planning DUB-LAS.

Great news and a good use of aircraft. Very un Aer Lingus like to think like this. Next thing they'll be announcing Cape Town
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

shamrock321

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:15 am

Ive operated LHR-LAS many times and the amount of Irish onboard is astonishing! I've no doubt it'll do very well especially with EI charging for alcoholic drinks onboard!

tonystan

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:32 am

shamrock321 wrote:
Ive operated LHR-LAS many times and the amount of Irish onboard is astonishing! I've no doubt it'll do very well especially with EI charging for alcoholic drinks onboard!

Personally I think their crew are in for the shock of their lives!!!! Lol

OA260

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:51 pm

IrishTexan wrote:

Pretty much expected it was the most logical route.

shamrock321 wrote:

Indeed the amount going via MAN LGW and other UK and indeed US gateways has soared the last few years. This flight will be a good earner and will be backed up by huge support from the Irish T.O. especially the likes of American Hols / Sunway etc...

It will be interesting to see how it effects VS and also the pricing difference. Some will pay for direct while others will still be price sensitive and opt for 1 stop still.

Joelatbsl

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Six Nations airlift starts tomorrow, with Irish fans traveling to Edinburgh in vast numbers:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... -2017.html

Aer Lingus and Ryanair are beefing up their ops as already mentioned, plus there will be single charters from Enter Air, ASL Airlines and CityJet.

BrianDromey

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:47 pm

The Aer Lingus and SuperValu rewards partnership has been launched.
https://supervalu.ie/rewards/use-points/aer-lingus
One "Real Reward" point = 1 Avios.
By comparison £2.50 of Tesco Clubcard points is 600 Avios. I believe UK clubcards do earn clubcard points in RoI stores, but I've no proof of this.

ClassicLover

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:57 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
By comparison £2.50 of Tesco Clubcard points is 600 Avios. I believe UK clubcards do earn clubcard points in RoI stores, but I've no proof of this.

Thank you for that! Just converted my entire SuperValu balance to Avios. You get a 250 point bonus as well if you convert between 1 February and 31 March.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Eirules

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:

Thank you for that! Just converted my entire SuperValu balance to Avios. You get a 250 point bonus as well if you convert between 1 February and 31 March.

Seems like poor value. I'm not sure of the spend required on EI but if you consider 10,000 real rewards points gives you €100 to spend in SV. Would that get you much on EI?
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

shamrock350

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Great new about EI and LAS, if it happens...

Seems EI is currently "building the case" for it and we all know how long that takes at Shamrock House!

OA260

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:35 am

BrianDromey wrote:
. I believe UK clubcards do earn clubcard points in RoI stores, but I've no proof of this.

I can confirm this is the case. I have earned around 200K by shopping both sides of the border over the last few years :)

---

Remote air traffic control systems set for Irish airports

The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) has branded as a success recent remote management trials at Cork, Shannon, and Dublin airports and said that while the concept and relevant technology is still at the early stage, they are likely to play a future role in Ireland’s aviation sector.

“Following these trials, we firmly believe that tower services at multiple airports can be safely provided by a single air traffic controller remotely,” said Peter Kearney, IAA director of air traffic management operations

“With carefully designed procedures, it will almost certainly be possible to allow one controller to simultaneously provide ATM services for more than one low volume aerodrome. This would be subject, of course, to successful completion of safety assessments, regulatory approval and appropriate stakeholder consultation.”

Calling the trials “a significant milestone”, Mr Kearney said “remote tower technology will play a vital role in the future of air traffic service provision for aerodromes across the world, including Ireland.”

Speaking in Dublin recently, London City Airport chief executive Declan Collier noted that a remote digitally controlled air traffic control tower forms part of its £400m (€464m) redevelopment plans.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/r ... 41932.html

gosimeon

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:49 am

Speaking of Avios, I have an upcoming flight with work to SF booked with my work email, which we need to use. Is there a way to add this to my AerClub account? Seems unclear on the site.

JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:14 am

gosimeon wrote:
Speaking of Avios, I have an upcoming flight with work to SF booked with my work email, which we need to use. Is there a way to add this to my AerClub account? Seems unclear on the site.

When u got to put in passenger name it would of given you the option to add account number. I would see if you can add it via manage booking or call them and ask them to and it.

OA260

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:19 am

gosimeon wrote:

Are you wanting to link 2 emails to one AerClub account?

EIDL

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Utterly circuitous route for finally getting some credit card spend rewards - BOI gives me SV points; I don't usually shop at SV so this is a use for them.

Must get a UK clubcard sorted - do shop in Tesco!

gosimeon

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:12 pm

OA260 wrote:
gosimeon wrote:

I guess, or apply a booking with another email to my account (same name etc.). I do this with SAS - we need to book flights via our work email in my company.

JAmie2k9 wrote:
gosimeon wrote:

When u got to put in passenger name it would of given you the option to add account number. I would see if you can add it via manage booking or call them and ask them to and it.

Our flights are booked through an agency - I guess I should have requested they add my Avios number but the scheme wasn't launched yet when I booked. The flight is in a few weeks though. There doesn't seem to be an opion to apply to FF number to an existing booking online, which is the norm with many airlines. They need to work on their FAQ - I need to call them now and that seems a waste of all of our time!

stratocruiser

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:26 pm

IrishTexan wrote:

Not at all surprised to see this route from Dublin as LAS is perhaps the most logical next 'west coast' destination for EI. Three flights a week from DUB sounds just about right and would think it will do very well. The plan for initial operation during the winter season seems to be a very good use of spare capacity but I would not be surprised to see LAS go year round within a relatively short period of time. Many tourists visiting California take in Las Vegas even during the very hot summer season as part of a visit to Los Angeles or San Francisco and having 3 west coast destinations will give visitors the option of mixing and matching their arrival and departure airports to suit their itinerary. All credit to Stephen Kavanagh for running with this one! Phoenix next ;) ??

JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:59 pm

gosimeon wrote:
OA260 wrote:
gosimeon wrote:

I guess, or apply a booking with another email to my account (same name etc.). I do this with SAS - we need to book flights via our work email in my company.

JAmie2k9 wrote:
gosimeon wrote:

Our flights are booked through an agency - I guess I should have requested they add my Avios number but the scheme wasn't launched yet when I booked. The flight is in a few weeks though. There doesn't seem to be an opion to apply to FF number to an existing booking online, which is the norm with many airlines. They need to work on their FAQ - I need to call them now and that seems a waste of all of our time!

I see, could be wrong but points only apply to bookings from 1 December, if booking was made before and flight not taken it will not be eligible for points or tier credits.

OA260

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:20 pm

EIDL wrote:

Must get a UK clubcard sorted - do shop in Tesco!

Now would be a good time to apply as new QTR just started. I got my email today for my AVIOS being credited. Always nice when on a cold wet day in Winter a stash of AVIOS appear :) Just make sure both UK addresses match your BA Exec account and Tesco UK account.

ClassicLover

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Eirules wrote:
Seems like poor value. I'm not sure of the spend required on EI but if you consider 10,000 real rewards points gives you €100 to spend in SV. Would that get you much on EI?

9,000 Avios is a one way reward flight DUB-LHR in Club Europe on BA. This is €180-€200 on a return cash booking or €430 on a one way.

For far better value, a one way flight from SYD-BNE on Qantas in Business Class is 9,000 Avios too. These price at AU$745 or €530 (regardless whether it's booked as a one way or part of a return).

So yes, it's far far better value to convert them to Avios. That's even before flight upgrades from World Traveller Plus to Club World on BA which are good value too.

Beats spending €100 in SuperValu any day in my book!
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

n272wa

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:48 pm

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... 0?mode=amp

Aer Lingus traffic grew more than 12 per cent in January, according to figures released by its parent, International Airlines Group, on Friday.

The Irish airline’s revenue passenger kilometres increased 12.3 per cent to 1,068 last month, from 951 in January 2016.

Its growth was the strongest of the four airlines that make up the group. Spanish carrier Vueling was next best, at 11.4 per cent, followed by British Airways at 3.7 per cent and Iberia on 2.2 per cent.

The four airlines flew 6.69 million people in January, 5.5 per cent more than the 6.34 million who travelled with the group during January 2016.

During the month, Iberia began selling tickets for its premium economy class, which will be fitted on 37 long-haul craft serving routes from Madrid to the US later this year.

The move is meant to help combat the growth of low-cost carriers on transatlantic routes.

shamrock350

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Nice growth from Aer Lingus again, unsurprising considering the transatlantic capacity boost last year. Sure to continue throughout this year as well.

Noticed they've a new interactive routemap online as well, bit better than the last version.

https://www.dynamicroutemaps.com/aerlin ... 1348034070

Shamrock350

OA260

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm

A decent enough flight back ACE-DUB with EI. Flight had around 110 booked so was great to get row of 3 to myself. Crew ( legacy ) were great and had a chat. They are getting new POS machines and say the current ones are a disaster. I told them I hope they are not getting the BA ones but they said it would not surprise them. They mentioned that sometimes they have to give away BOB items if the card machines fail and that was lost revenue for EI. Interesting that they thought the cashless system was a great idea from BA and they would welcome it as crew on EI.

One of the crew operated the rescue A321 for when CPG went tech for two days and said some passengers were giving them abuse for the 24 hour delay to getting home.

Nice to see the new branding at the desk in ACE and dedicated check in :

No pre order available again. BOB seems to be shrinking in options.

I had a bit of a binge but the ham/cheese toastie was not that great quality and soggy. Not sure I would order it again unless there was nothing else hot.

They advertised in Cara that the internet prices had been reduced for the TATL A330 flights.

There was a decent amount of detailed info from the flight deck and we landed around 30 mins early which was good. Passport control was quick even with the scanning of every passport. Sadly the smooth experience ended at the baggage reclaim and it took forever for the bags to come off and everyone was fed up.

Still feel that EI has strong points but weak points that need sorted out.

BrianDromey

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Eirules wrote:

10K Avios (once transferred to BA) would get you quite far on BA flights. With their European Reward Saver flights you would easily get return flights from London to France, northern Italy, Southern Scandinavia, Germany and even as far as Prague, + €42, sadly thats from London. The only reward saver flights from Dublin are LHR or LCY on BA metal. EI, VY nor IB don't offer reward saver flights. A few years back it used to be that UK connections were free, but that was enhanced away.

tonystan

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:14 am

"Legacy" crew at Aer Lingus????? Is there such a thing?

OA260

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:32 am

BrianDromey wrote:
A few years back it used to be that UK connections were free, but that was enhanced away.

Yes I had loads of flights on them for next to nothing when they offered that. They should have retained that for Gold card holders as well as the free changes which I found great especially on the LHR route if I wanted to stay a bit longer etc.. I would have been happy with maybe 3-4 free changes per year. The thing was some people were abusing it and blocking off numerous premium space mostly on L/H flights and then changing them when they were not even sure if they were going.

Joelatbsl

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 am

Joelatbsl wrote:
Six Nations airlift starts tomorrow, with Irish fans traveling to Edinburgh in vast numbers:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... -2017.html

Aer Lingus and Ryanair are beefing up their ops as already mentioned, plus there will be single charters from Enter Air, ASL Airlines and CityJet.

The CityJet flight was not actually Six Nations-related, but carried the Munster team, who were playing a postponed fixture at Edinburgh last night.

And then on one of the Aer Lingus flights from DUB to EDI, this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoiWS1s7sys

AmricanShamrok

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:20 pm

Any sign of the Norwegian ORK (& SNN?)-USA schedule being released for booking? Getting a bit late in the day now I would have thought with the summer season beginning in about 6 weeks.

SURFER

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:09 pm

http://clareherald.com/2017/02/us-hurri ... ort-10217/

One of NOAA's "hurricane hunters" P-3 is currently based in SNN for a month long mission of monitoring ocean winds.

n272wa

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Plenty of Aer Lingus digital advertising pitch-side in Murrayfield today!

OA260

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Seems like rumors might be true and ''Other'' Airlines are involved.

Air traffic fear Gardai fear Dublin Airport people smuggling could have been going on for ten years

Last week two Aer Lingus employees and a foreign national were charged in connection with a trafficking probe.
But we can reveal gardai are set to widen their investigation to other airlines and believe a ­criminal network involving a “significant number” of current and former staff could be operating at the busy airport.

A source told the Irish Sun: “There is a growing sense that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

“As the investigation is progressing it has become apparent there is a lot more to look at.

“The volume of illegal entrants to the country could end up quite staggering when you consider how long this practice now appears to have been going on.

“This criminal enterprise was huge and gardai could be dealing with hundreds of cases.”

https://www.thesun.ie/news/535090/garda ... ten-years/

n272wa

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:56 pm

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-ne ... in-january

January traffic up 9% to 1.9M with North America continuing very strong up 28%

Joelatbsl

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Again a few extra flights from Dublin to Rome (CIA and FCO) for the Six Nations rugby this weekend:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... ruary.html

JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:11 pm

FR to open Kerry to Berlin

Dardania

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:34 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:

Is that crane engineering company still as active in the kingdom? Liebert?

OA260

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:40 pm

A technical error at EI has meant OLCI boarding cards have printed off without bar codes and those checked in are being asked to check that they have bar codes on them otherwise they will need to check in again.

Joelatbsl

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:45 pm

An absolute raft of extra charter flights from Dublin to Rome on Friday for the Six Nations match at the Olimpico:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... ruary.html

Enter, Transavia, Travelservice, ASL Airlines and a few more ...

OA260

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:52 am

Aer Lingus misses out on transatlantic route battle

The Aer Lingus brand won't be used for IAG Group's planned low-cost long-haul airline, ceo Willie Walsh said yesterday.

IAG owns Spain's Iberia and Vueling airlines, as well as BA and Aer Lingus. It is looking to offer low-cost long-haul flights from airports other than Barcelona in its efforts to compete on transatlantic routes, managers confirmed yesterday.

The company's new budget operation will not be operated by Vueling, which is focused on short-haul, nor will it use the Aer Lingus name because that brand is not as well known outside of Ireland, Willie Walsh said.

IAG said late last year it would start budget flights to US destinations in June, using short-haul operator Vueling to feed passengers through Barcelona's El Prat airport to the longer routes.

http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/ ... 35579.html

---

Belfast International passenger numbers soar by 95,000

Belfast International Airport passenger numbers increased by more than one-third at the start of 2017, based on the same period a year earlier. The total number of passengers through the airport in January was 380,000. It says that was up by 95,000 on the same month in 2016.

The airport says it is on track to achieve a new passenger record for the year of more than 5.4 million people using the hub.

The airport's managing director, Graham Keddie, said: "This is the ideal start for the airport. Figures are impressive and we expect that trend to be maintained.

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busines ... 28212.html

---

POSITIVE PASSENGER GROWTH CONTINUES AT CORK AIRPORT

Written by Robert McHugh, on 6th Feb 2017. Edited on 7th Feb 2017

Cork Airport saw passenger numbers increase by 6% in January 2017 compared with the same month last year.

This represents an increase in passenger numbers of 7,000 from 125,000 in January 2016 to 132,000 in January 2017. The increase comes on the back of a really strong performance in 2016.

https://www.businessworld.ie/news/Posit ... 67451.html

---

Shannon Group announces plans to develop new hangar to house A380s

has today announced it has lodged a planning application with Clare County Council for a new aircraft hangar at Shannon Airport.

The proposed development will comprise a new steel framed wide-bodied aircraft paint hangar and internal ancillary office space, workshops, plant rooms and storage space within the airport lands at Shannon Airport. The new hangar will have the capability to accommodate multiple aircraft types up to an Airbus A380.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article ... ouse-a380s

rafting

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:05 am

Seems to be some speculation on pprune that DY have dropped MAN slots and applied to DUB for daily and 5 weekly secondary NY and Boston services with MAX from July.

EIDL

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:36 am

Dardania wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

Is that crane engineering company still as active in the kingdom? Liebert?

Liebherr. Yes, although under further strike threat I think (it has had many strikes since basically the year it opened). They're also based in Switzerland now, although they have sizeable German ops.

OA260

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:28 pm

'Massive' tourism boost for Ireland as Trump approves new budget airline for US-Irish routes

Ireland is poised for a massive tourism boost after US President Donald Trump confirmed he has no objection to plans by a budget airline to enter the transatlantic market.

US President Trump’s spokesman, Sean Spicer, confirmed when questioned about plans by Norwegian Air International (NAI) for new US-Irish routes that the White House sees major benefits in the project.

NAI plan direct services from Cork and Shannon to Boston and New York – with other potential Irish and US cities likely to be added.

The airline hailed the statement as “a correct understanding” of the benefits their proposed Irish-US services will offer.

Irish tourism bodies, and Cork Airport in particular, welcomed the statement as effectively clearing the final major hurdle to allow services to begin.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ma ... 34096.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos