User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Hello there Turkish Aviation fans,
Here is to another spring arriving shortly.

You can find the Turkish Aviation February 2017 thread here:
viewtopic.php?p=19383673#p19383673

Even though it was a 28-day February and slow season in Turkey; our February thread had one of the most posts ever, IIRC. Thanks for your continued participation over the years. And looks like more and more threads are adapting to our monthly thread format. From what I can see last month; there were "February 2017 Aviation” threads from New Zealand, Australia, India and Russia. We can only hope that the search function works better so we can find our older threads by month easier.



-TK183, IST-Havana divered to IAD on 2/23 due to one engine out and it has been there since then. Looks like it is flying home today after 5 days at IAD.
-TK’s 4 x 343s are not going anywhere soon. They are doing all MED, JED flights with pilgrims, mostly domestic.
-Also last month TK converted their remaining 2 x 77W orders to 77Fs. Looking at a slow February, all TK 77Ws are flying except -JJP( maintenance I think) Why would TK do that? Switching suitabe 77W routes for 333 for the slow winter months make sense but if things get better they will want that extra pax/cargo capacity in ER flights.
-The latest airline to stop serving IST; Swiss.
-a.net member Mafaky was inquiring about the latest TK333 -LOF, still sitting 2 weeks after delivery.

Please join with your view, news, photos, rumors and good old sense of humor. Stay away from personal attack and political mumbo jumbo :)

Welcome.
 
NichCage
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Thanks for making another thread. I have some questions that others may know the answer to, including:

1) How is TK doing on HAV and CCS?

2) Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but why did TK start flights to CCS? The country is in a lot of trouble at the moment, and many airlines are leaving/reducing operations into the country. Airlines like AA and LH have cut CCS from there network.
 
djxxa
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:32 pm

TK787 wrote:
Why would this website use IST and TK plane's picture when the article's title is "America's worst airline in 2017"?
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-wo ... 2017-02-28.

The article starts on a positive note, though and they don't mention TK.
Welcome March! :airplane:
 
jmmadrid
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:47 pm

NichCage wrote:
why did TK start flights to CCS? The country is in a lot of trouble at the moment, and many airlines are leaving/reducing operations into the country. Airlines like AA and LH have cut CCS from there network.


We have discussed this before and nobody knows for sure.
Ego? Long term strategy? Agreement between governments/polticians? Making it before EMIRATES, QATAR or ETIHAD?
An even more interesting question is why didn't they start CCS when they started BOG, which would have been a more logical combination? Due to altitude problems in BOG they had to combine the flight with PTY, where CCS would have offered a more convenient stop and a reduced overall journey time. Ironically, Venezuela's situation was even worse when they started IST-HAV-CCS-IST than when they decided NOT to include CCS as a stop in the BOG-IST leg.

On the other hand, many people STILL need to get to or out of CCS and the tickets for passengers originating in CCS are now being sold in USD or EUR, thus avoiding any problems with the exchange rate.

Maybe Lufty's withdrawal benefited TK's CCS business case, as there are MANY asian passengers that were left with limited options (AF)
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:35 pm

TC-LJK, the final 77W on order, made a test flight at PAE last week.

Image
TC-LJK Turkish Airlines Boeing 777-300(ER) - C/N 60402 / LN 1462 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
djxxa
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Looks like SAW shut down. Fog?
METAR: LTBA 282150Z 19004KT 160V220 0200 R35R/0450U R17L/0275U R05/0500U R23/0450U FG VV001 05/05 Q1016 BECMG 0400 RMK RWY17L 21005KT 170V230 RWY05 VRB02KT RWY23 20004KT 170V23
 
djxxa
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:08 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
TC-LJK, the final 77W on order, made a test flight at PAE last week.

from the other side https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/835224039606013952/photo/1
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 24059
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 am

NichCage wrote:

2) Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but why did TK start flights to CCS? The country is in a lot of trouble at the moment, and many airlines are leaving/reducing operations into the country. Airlines like AA and LH have cut CCS from there network.


Simply put there is a market and TK believes it can exploit it.

Regardless of the drama in Venezuela people travel in and out. There is a good sized diaspora that has money and travels. This includes good flow of traffic to the Levent region which TK can serve better than anyone.

Also remember one day things will change in Venezuela and TK will be even better positioned to serve the market having built its market share while other have decided to leave.

Lastly lets not lose sight that some of TK most profitable flying has been to markets that others have avoided - Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq, Libya, and other parts of Africa these days.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
chrisnh
Posts: 4135
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 1999 3:59 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:33 pm

Hope TK has a good summer in BOS! As THE first ME carrier to announce Boston, I wish them all the best. I believe they do the flight daily on 333's.
 
OGLOBAL
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:55 pm

jmmadrid wrote:
NichCage wrote:
why did TK start flights to CCS? The country is in a lot of trouble at the moment, and many airlines are leaving/reducing operations into the country. Airlines like AA and LH have cut CCS from there network.


We have discussed this before and nobody knows for sure.
Ego? Long term strategy? Agreement between governments/polticians? Making it before EMIRATES, QATAR or ETIHAD?
An even more interesting question is why didn't they start CCS when they started BOG, which would have been a more logical combination? Due to altitude problems in BOG they had to combine the flight with PTY, where CCS would have offered a more convenient stop and a reduced overall journey time. Ironically, Venezuela's situation was even worse when they started IST-HAV-CCS-IST than when they decided NOT to include CCS as a stop in the BOG-IST leg.

On the other hand, many people STILL need to get to or out of CCS and the tickets for passengers originating in CCS are now being sold in USD or EUR, thus avoiding any problems with the exchange rate.

Maybe Lufty's withdrawal benefited TK's CCS business case, as there are MANY asian passengers that were left with limited options (AF)


Because no one from BOG or Colombia would take the flight if it stopped in CCS ...
 
jmmadrid
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:48 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:
NichCage wrote:
Because no one from BOG or Colombia would take the flight if it stopped in CCS ...


Utter nonsense.

Colombian people have very close ties with Venezuela. If they are not married to a Venezuelan citizen, their brother or sister is. If their uncle on their mother side does not live in Venezuela, then it's their cousin on their father side who lives there. I know colombian people who used to live in Venezuela before things got this bad, they went back to Colombia but they miss Venezuela every single day, and have already decided to go back as soon as the situation improves. Colombians are also victims of the situation in Venezuela, and they do tell the difference between the current government and the people. Regardless of what you may read on some newspapers, Venezuela and Colombia have more things in common than with any other country of the region, and I do not think a stop in CCS would put anyone off. It was not long ago that colombian passengers had to fly to CCS first in order to catch their flights to Europe.
 
OGLOBAL
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:32 am

jmmadrid wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:


Utter nonsense.

Colombian people have very close ties with Venezuela. If they are not married to a Venezuelan citizen, their brother or sister is. If their uncle on their mother side does not live in Venezuela, then it's their cousin on their father side who lives there. I know colombian people who used to live in Venezuela before things got this bad, they went back to Colombia but they miss Venezuela every single day, and have already decided to go back as soon as the situation improves. Colombians are also victims of the situation in Venezuela, and they do tell the difference between the current government and the people. Regardless of what you may read on some newspapers, Venezuela and Colombia have more things in common than with any other country of the region, and I do not think a stop in CCS would put anyone off. It was not long ago that colombian passengers had to fly to CCS first in order to catch their flights to Europe.



I am Colombian. and there is no chance me or anyone i know would transit through CCS safety is a big issue and also police or customs officers harassing passengers in transit and asking for bribes. there is a difference between the venezuelan government and people and this is just a known fact about CCS
 
jmmadrid
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:30 am

OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:


Utter nonsense.

Colombian people have very close ties with Venezuela. If they are not married to a Venezuelan citizen, their brother or sister is. If their uncle on their mother side does not live in Venezuela, then it's their cousin on their father side who lives there. I know colombian people who used to live in Venezuela before things got this bad, they went back to Colombia but they miss Venezuela every single day, and have already decided to go back as soon as the situation improves. Colombians are also victims of the situation in Venezuela, and they do tell the difference between the current government and the people. Regardless of what you may read on some newspapers, Venezuela and Colombia have more things in common than with any other country of the region, and I do not think a stop in CCS would put anyone off. It was not long ago that colombian passengers had to fly to CCS first in order to catch their flights to Europe.



I am Colombian. and there is no chance me or anyone i know would transit through CCS safety is a big issue and also police or customs officers harassing passengers in transit and asking for bribes. there is a difference between the venezuelan government and people and this is just a known fact about CCS


This is your personal opinion, but I don't think it's shared by the other 49 million colombians. Until fairly recently, Colombia had its own problems of guerrilla, drug trafficking, paramilitares, kidnapping, street crime, etc, and they didn't put anybody off doing what they wanted to do or going where they wanted to go. I would believe your argument if you were a swiss national living in Switzerland, but colombians have been there and done that. :)
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:57 am

NichCage wrote:
Thanks for making another thread. I have some questions that others may know the answer to, including:

1) How is TK doing on HAV and CCS?

2) Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but why did TK start flights to CCS? The country is in a lot of trouble at the moment, and many airlines are leaving/reducing operations into the country. Airlines like AA and LH have cut CCS from there network.


1) AA has not cut CCS from its network.

2) TK must be doing poorly. See last month's thread. TK CEO swears to the contrary, but I was just offered an 8-day trip to Istanbul and Kappadokia, with 4 and 5-star hotels, meals and excursions included, with flights CCS-IST-CCS on TK for 463 EUR in double occupancy. What can the TK nett fare to that tour operator be? 100 EUR? Maybe less? And that's including taxes.... And they claim 70% load factor. Sure, the flight has only been going for a good 2 months, but still....
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:30 am

LAXintl wrote:
NichCage wrote:

2) Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but why did TK start flights to CCS? The country is in a lot of trouble at the moment, and many airlines are leaving/reducing operations into the country. Airlines like AA and LH have cut CCS from there network.


Simply put there is a market and TK believes it can exploit it.

Regardless of the drama in Venezuela people travel in and out. There is a good sized diaspora that has money and travels. This includes good flow of traffic to the Levent region which TK can serve better than anyone.

Also remember one day things will change in Venezuela and TK will be even better positioned to serve the market having built its market share while other have decided to leave.

Lastly lets not lose sight that some of TK most profitable flying has been to markets that others have avoided - Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq, Libya, and other parts of Africa these days.

Most of that diaspora that you mention are from Syria, and they sure don't travel "back home" right now, nor will they be able to in the near future, unfortunately. And, no, they are not well off. Sure, many of them are shopkeepers, usually in the retail business (just like the Chinese), but they, too, struggle daily to make ends meet. This is not to criticise you, but rather to shed some light on the current situation here in Venezuela: I don't know when you were last in Venezuela, but if it was a year ago, your observations are meaningless and obsolete today. If you were here 6 months ago, multiply the misery you saw by 5. Just to give some concrete examples: an average monthly salary buys you your pick of
10 kgs of rice, or
5 kgs of pasta, or
3 kgs of coffee
ONE tyre to your car is 4 salaries, so to change them all, you need to save for more than a year...that is if you haven't bought any of the rice, pasta or coffee, of course...
So, as you see, even if you earn 10 times the average salary, you have other priorities than taking the family to the old homeland to meet the cousins. Sure, there are still people who earn in dollars (me included, thankfully) and travel abroad, but they are getting fewer by the day. And most travel is to neighbouring counyries and MIA. Europe and beyond is ever more unreachable even for the most well-off. TK's pathetic presence here (partly due to the very short lead time before starting flights, I suppose) doesn't help them in capturing this market.
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:53 am

OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:


Utter nonsense.

Colombian people have very close ties with Venezuela. If they are not married to a Venezuelan citizen, their brother or sister is. If their uncle on their mother side does not live in Venezuela, then it's their cousin on their father side who lives there. I know colombian people who used to live in Venezuela before things got this bad, they went back to Colombia but they miss Venezuela every single day, and have already decided to go back as soon as the situation improves. Colombians are also victims of the situation in Venezuela, and they do tell the difference between the current government and the people. Regardless of what you may read on some newspapers, Venezuela and Colombia have more things in common than with any other country of the region, and I do not think a stop in CCS would put anyone off. It was not long ago that colombian passengers had to fly to CCS first in order to catch their flights to Europe.



I am Colombian. and there is no chance me or anyone i know would transit through CCS safety is a big issue and also police or customs officers harassing passengers in transit and asking for bribes. there is a difference between the venezuelan government and people and this is just a known fact about CCS

Nonsense indeed.

Especially as transit passengers on the TK flights stay on board at CCS, so what safety situation would you worry about? Or what police or customs officers would harass you??
And for the record, as a foreigner, I have never ever had any problems in entering or leaving Venezuela, much unlike Colombia, where I was placed in a room with a rude Migración Colombia officer and not let into the country because I didn't know the exact street address of my hotel in Bogotá, and I was not allowed to call or pick up my phone to check it either. Not until I demanded to speak to a superior was I allowed to check it. THAT I call being harassed. But this is not about whose worse among those two countries' officials (Venezuela wins here hands down), but rather about that your assertion is baseless. And most people have no clue about intermediate stops or aircraft types at the time of booking. And once they have been through CCS on TK, they will see that it is not bad at all.

I think the reason for not doing IST-CCS-BOG-CCS-IST is not to have the crew overnight in CCS. Whether that is justified or not is another issue, which I discussed in another thread last week. Of course, they could do IST-BOG-CCS-IST triangular flights. But for the moment it seems that the weak spots in the BOG, PTY, HAV, CCS quartet seem to be PTY and CCS, so maybe we will see those dropped, and a single flight going IST-BOG-HAV-IST in the near future?
 
flybhx764
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:05 am

I have flew TK before. The airline is ok. However my question is they have lots of 777's just sitting on the ground. I noticed it both directions of my flight.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:37 am

flybhx764 wrote:
I have flew TK before. The airline is ok. However my question is they have lots of 777's just sitting on the ground. I noticed it both directions of my flight.

Please see my opening post. All 32 x TK 77Ws are flying daily, except -JJP ( I think maintenance). IST is TK's only hub, so you will see many 77Ws on the ground when you transfer; that is only natural at a hub. There are 2 blocks of flights; one in midnight and later where all the Far East, Asia 77Ws leave and the other in the morning when all America's 77Ws leave. In between, 77Ws do short European and domestic runs.

-TC-JNE is back in action and went to Havana again.
-TC-LOF is doing a IST-BCN flight today. So, the wait is over, "mafaky" :)
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/THY1855.
 
OGLOBAL
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:27 pm

jmmadrid wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:

Utter nonsense.

Colombian people have very close ties with Venezuela. If they are not married to a Venezuelan citizen, their brother or sister is. If their uncle on their mother side does not live in Venezuela, then it's their cousin on their father side who lives there. I know colombian people who used to live in Venezuela before things got this bad, they went back to Colombia but they miss Venezuela every single day, and have already decided to go back as soon as the situation improves. Colombians are also victims of the situation in Venezuela, and they do tell the difference between the current government and the people. Regardless of what you may read on some newspapers, Venezuela and Colombia have more things in common than with any other country of the region, and I do not think a stop in CCS would put anyone off. It was not long ago that colombian passengers had to fly to CCS first in order to catch their flights to Europe.



I am Colombian. and there is no chance me or anyone i know would transit through CCS safety is a big issue and also police or customs officers harassing passengers in transit and asking for bribes. there is a difference between the venezuelan government and people and this is just a known fact about CCS


This is your personal opinion, but I don't think it's shared by the other 49 million colombians. Until fairly recently, Colombia had its own problems of guerrilla, drug trafficking, paramilitares, kidnapping, street crime, etc, and they didn't put anybody off doing what they wanted to do or going where they wanted to go. I would believe your argument if you were a swiss national living in Switzerland, but colombians have been there and done that. :)


that's completely untrue guerrilla ended years ago even before the peace deal was signed well since nationalities seem to be important to you i am a canadian citizen too living in toronto and i travel BOG frequently what i mentioned about CCS is from experience through family. do i really need to post all the links regarding ccs ?? just do a small google research there is a reason why airlines avoid ccs " crew safety "
 
OGLOBAL
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:

Utter nonsense.

Colombian people have very close ties with Venezuela. If they are not married to a Venezuelan citizen, their brother or sister is. If their uncle on their mother side does not live in Venezuela, then it's their cousin on their father side who lives there. I know colombian people who used to live in Venezuela before things got this bad, they went back to Colombia but they miss Venezuela every single day, and have already decided to go back as soon as the situation improves. Colombians are also victims of the situation in Venezuela, and they do tell the difference between the current government and the people. Regardless of what you may read on some newspapers, Venezuela and Colombia have more things in common than with any other country of the region, and I do not think a stop in CCS would put anyone off. It was not long ago that colombian passengers had to fly to CCS first in order to catch their flights to Europe.



I am Colombian. and there is no chance me or anyone i know would transit through CCS safety is a big issue and also police or customs officers harassing passengers in transit and asking for bribes. there is a difference between the venezuelan government and people and this is just a known fact about CCS

Nonsense indeed.

Especially as transit passengers on the TK flights stay on board at CCS, so what safety situation would you worry about? Or what police or customs officers would harass you??
And for the record, as a foreigner, I have never ever had any problems in entering or leaving Venezuela, much unlike Colombia, where I was placed in a room with a rude Migración Colombia officer and not let into the country because I didn't know the exact street address of my hotel in Bogotá, and I was not allowed to call or pick up my phone to check it either. Not until I demanded to speak to a superior was I allowed to check it. THAT I call being harassed. But this is not about whose worse among those two countries' officials (Venezuela wins here hands down), but rather about that your assertion is baseless. And most people have no clue about intermediate stops or aircraft types at the time of booking. And once they have been through CCS on TK, they will see that it is not bad at all.

I think the reason for not doing IST-CCS-BOG-CCS-IST is not to have the crew overnight in CCS. Whether that is justified or not is another issue, which I discussed in another thread last week. Of course, they could do IST-BOG-CCS-IST triangular flights. But for the moment it seems that the weak spots in the BOG, PTY, HAV, CCS quartet seem to be PTY and CCS, so maybe we will see those dropped, and a single flight going IST-BOG-HAV-IST in the near future?


well that happens anywhere if you don't know the address to your hotel while entering a foreign country i had to wait for my phone to charge to be allowed to pass immigration in brussels because i didn't know my address which is understandable. people are not stupid every one knows where will they make a connection and intermediate stops it's 2017.

there is a reason no one routes their flights CCS-BOG and all choose BOG-PTY instead.
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:11 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:


I am Colombian. and there is no chance me or anyone i know would transit through CCS safety is a big issue and also police or customs officers harassing passengers in transit and asking for bribes. there is a difference between the venezuelan government and people and this is just a known fact about CCS

Nonsense indeed.

Especially as transit passengers on the TK flights stay on board at CCS, so what safety situation would you worry about? Or what police or customs officers would harass you??
And for the record, as a foreigner, I have never ever had any problems in entering or leaving Venezuela, much unlike Colombia, where I was placed in a room with a rude Migración Colombia officer and not let into the country because I didn't know the exact street address of my hotel in Bogotá, and I was not allowed to call or pick up my phone to check it either. Not until I demanded to speak to a superior was I allowed to check it. THAT I call being harassed. But this is not about whose worse among those two countries' officials (Venezuela wins here hands down), but rather about that your assertion is baseless. And most people have no clue about intermediate stops or aircraft types at the time of booking. And once they have been through CCS on TK, they will see that it is not bad at all.

I think the reason for not doing IST-CCS-BOG-CCS-IST is not to have the crew overnight in CCS. Whether that is justified or not is another issue, which I discussed in another thread last week. Of course, they could do IST-BOG-CCS-IST triangular flights. But for the moment it seems that the weak spots in the BOG, PTY, HAV, CCS quartet seem to be PTY and CCS, so maybe we will see those dropped, and a single flight going IST-BOG-HAV-IST in the near future?


well that happens anywhere if you don't know the address to your hotel while entering a foreign country i had to wait for my phone to charge to be allowed to pass immigration in brussels because i didn't know my address which is understandable. people are not stupid every one knows where will they make a connection and intermediate stops it's 2017.

there is a reason no one routes their flights CCS-BOG and all choose BOG-PTY instead.

Ok, have it your way, then. Usually, it's enough to put "The Waldorf Astoria, N.Y., N.Y.". No need to know the address. That is your taxi driver's task.

I really don't think everybody knows where the flight will make an intermediate stop at the time of booking. And at the fares that TK is offering out of BOG, they could be making that stop on an earthen strip in Siberia, and people would still book them.

Out of curiosity...who are those "all" who route their flights BOG-PTY? Except TK, of course. And the failed TP experiment (geeeee, I wonder why that failed...)
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:25 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:


I am Colombian. and there is no chance me or anyone i know would transit through CCS safety is a big issue and also police or customs officers harassing passengers in transit and asking for bribes. there is a difference between the venezuelan government and people and this is just a known fact about CCS


This is your personal opinion, but I don't think it's shared by the other 49 million colombians. Until fairly recently, Colombia had its own problems of guerrilla, drug trafficking, paramilitares, kidnapping, street crime, etc, and they didn't put anybody off doing what they wanted to do or going where they wanted to go. I would believe your argument if you were a swiss national living in Switzerland, but colombians have been there and done that. :)


that's completely untrue guerrilla ended years ago even before the peace deal was signed well since nationalities seem to be important to you i am a canadian citizen too living in toronto and i travel BOG frequently what i mentioned about CCS is from experience through family. do i really need to post all the links regarding ccs ?? just do a small google research there is a reason why airlines avoid ccs " crew safety "

No need to post any links, just stick to the facts. To my best knowledge, no airline has susppended CCS due to crew safety. Suspensions have all been for economic and currency exchange reasons. They have skipped overnight stays, yes (AR and now UA will, too). But again, TK crew does not stay overnight in CCS (change of crew is at HAV), and you do not get off the plane if you are transiting at CCS. Which part of that would constitute a risk? So, yes, I insist that what you write is uninformed nonsense. Take it from an adopted caraqueño.
Even after all the suspensions, we have a dozen or so foreign airlines who deem the "risk" of operating into CCS manageable, among which are your own country's AV and COPA Colombia, as well as AA, DL, UA, IB, AF, TP, UX, BW, CM...and, of course, TK.
According to your argument, transiting at CCS is ok for Cubans or Turks returning from HAV, but not for Colombians...
 
OGLOBAL
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:02 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:

This is your personal opinion, but I don't think it's shared by the other 49 million colombians. Until fairly recently, Colombia had its own problems of guerrilla, drug trafficking, paramilitares, kidnapping, street crime, etc, and they didn't put anybody off doing what they wanted to do or going where they wanted to go. I would believe your argument if you were a swiss national living in Switzerland, but colombians have been there and done that. :)


that's completely untrue guerrilla ended years ago even before the peace deal was signed well since nationalities seem to be important to you i am a canadian citizen too living in toronto and i travel BOG frequently what i mentioned about CCS is from experience through family. do i really need to post all the links regarding ccs ?? just do a small google research there is a reason why airlines avoid ccs " crew safety "

No need to post any links, just stick to the facts. To my best knowledge, no airline has susppended CCS due to crew safety. Suspensions have all been for economic and currency exchange reasons. They have skipped overnight stays, yes (AR and now UA will, too). But again, TK crew does not stay overnight in CCS (change of crew is at HAV), and you do not get off the plane if you are transiting at CCS. Which part of that would constitute a risk? So, yes, I insist that what you write is uninformed nonsense. Take it from an adopted caraqueño.
Even after all the suspensions, we have a dozen or so foreign airlines who deem the "risk" of operating into CCS manageable, among which are your own country's AV and COPA Colombia, as well as AA, DL, UA, IB, AF, TP, UX, BW, CM...and, of course, TK.
According to your argument, transiting at CCS is ok for Cubans or Turks returning from HAV, but not for Colombians...





TP failed for various reasons i.e codeshare agreements and bad marketing plus demand wasn't there.


i'll post the links since according to your arguments there are no security issues in CCS :


http://www.thedailystar.net/venezuela-c ... nada-16366

http://www.thebubble.com/aerolineas-arg ... ity-fears/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... world.html

viewtopic.php?t=604023


there is even youtube videos of passengers getting attacked while waiting for a cab i rather not post them though.This is not a BOG is better than CCS argument Colombia went through all of that in the 90's but we need to be realistic yes you are not required to deplane in CCS but what happens if there is an emergency and you need to. It's like saying you have no problem transiting through Lagos or Mogadishu since you don't deplane.
 
jmmadrid
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:07 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:

there is even youtube videos of passengers getting attacked while waiting for a cab i rather not post them though.This is not a BOG is better than CCS argument Colombia went through all of that in the 90's but we need to be realistic yes you are not required to deplane in CCS but what happens if there is an emergency and you need to. It's like saying you have no problem transiting through Lagos or Mogadishu since you don't deplane.


You obviously feel you need to save face so you keep bringing into the debate absurd arguments. Now you are comparing CCS and Mogadishu, that have very little in common. While CCS is in the middle of an economic and political crisis and experiences a high crime rate, problems in Mogadishu are MUCH MUCH worse, including the same than CCS, PLUS terrorism, religious extremism and war (none of them a concern in CCS). And in spite of Mogadishu's problems, TK 's flights are full of foreigners who come to the country for many reasons, including volunteering, working for NGOs, doctors, nurses, etc. I guess that none of them are colombians or canadians, given that you appear to represent and speak for all of them. And as Malev correctly put it, TK flights to CCS (or anywhere for that matter) carry passengers from all over the world, including turkish citizens. So it´s ok for people from other nationalities to transit through CCS but not for colombians (or canadians, sorry I keep forgetting you are actually canadian and not colombian as you introduced yourself at first)

I think this is precisely the key issue, and this is where the lesson to be learnt lies: Speak for yourself.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "I" would not take any flight that stops in CCS for ___x____ reason. The problem is that you said that NO COLOMBIAN citizen would take such a flight. A generalisation with no supporting facts beyond the personal opinion of some people you know. Not that I have any hopes of you understanding it.

I'd like to apologise to the rest of the members of this forum for this silly debate (maybe not completely off' topic, though). I just felt that such nonsensical answer to a very interesting question should not remain unchallenged.
 
OGLOBAL
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:28 pm

jmmadrid wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:

there is even youtube videos of passengers getting attacked while waiting for a cab i rather not post them though.This is not a BOG is better than CCS argument Colombia went through all of that in the 90's but we need to be realistic yes you are not required to deplane in CCS but what happens if there is an emergency and you need to. It's like saying you have no problem transiting through Lagos or Mogadishu since you don't deplane.


You obviously feel you need to save face so you keep bringing into the debate absurd arguments. Now you are comparing CCS and Mogadishu, that have very little in common. While CCS is in the middle of an economic and political crisis and experiences a high crime rate, problems in Mogadishu are MUCH MUCH worse, including the same than CCS, PLUS terrorism, religious extremism and war (none of them a concern in CCS). And in spite of Mogadishu's problems, TK 's flights are full of foreigners who come to the country for many reasons, including volunteering, working for NGOs, doctors, nurses, etc. I guess that none of them are colombians or canadians, given that you appear to represent and speak for all of them. And as Malev correctly put it, TK flights to CCS (or anywhere for that matter) carry passengers from all over the world, including turkish citizens. So it´s ok for people from other nationalities to transit through CCS but not for colombians (or canadians, sorry I keep forgetting you are actually canadian and not colombian as you introduced yourself at first)

I think this is precisely the key issue, and this is where the lesson to be learnt lies: Speak for yourself.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "I" would not take any flight that stops in CCS for ___x____ reason. The problem is that you said that NO COLOMBIAN citizen would take such a flight. A generalisation with no supporting facts beyond the personal opinion of some people you know. Not that I have any hopes of you understanding it.

I'd like to apologise to the rest of the members of this forum for this silly debate (maybe not completely off' topic, though). I just felt that such nonsensical answer to a very interesting question should not remain unchallenged.



weren't you the one that told me that i am from colombia not switzerland and that you would get it for someone from switzerland not colombia.

nonsensical answer would you be ignoring the mess that CCS is !!! the flight to mogadishu is full indeed but thats because mogadishu is the final destination MAJORITY OF COLOMBIAN citizens won't transfer in ccs and i stand by it.

also there is no need to call me names calling me a liar and personal attacks grow up and have some respect ! i'll post another link about the situation in ccs

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/ ... via-aruba/
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:58 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:

there is even youtube videos of passengers getting attacked while waiting for a cab i rather not post them though.This is not a BOG is better than CCS argument Colombia went through all of that in the 90's but we need to be realistic yes you are not required to deplane in CCS but what happens if there is an emergency and you need to. It's like saying you have no problem transiting through Lagos or Mogadishu since you don't deplane.


You obviously feel you need to save face so you keep bringing into the debate absurd arguments. Now you are comparing CCS and Mogadishu, that have very little in common. While CCS is in the middle of an economic and political crisis and experiences a high crime rate, problems in Mogadishu are MUCH MUCH worse, including the same than CCS, PLUS terrorism, religious extremism and war (none of them a concern in CCS). And in spite of Mogadishu's problems, TK 's flights are full of foreigners who come to the country for many reasons, including volunteering, working for NGOs, doctors, nurses, etc. I guess that none of them are colombians or canadians, given that you appear to represent and speak for all of them. And as Malev correctly put it, TK flights to CCS (or anywhere for that matter) carry passengers from all over the world, including turkish citizens. So it´s ok for people from other nationalities to transit through CCS but not for colombians (or canadians, sorry I keep forgetting you are actually canadian and not colombian as you introduced yourself at first)

I think this is precisely the key issue, and this is where the lesson to be learnt lies: Speak for yourself.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "I" would not take any flight that stops in CCS for ___x____ reason. The problem is that you said that NO COLOMBIAN citizen would take such a flight. A generalisation with no supporting facts beyond the personal opinion of some people you know. Not that I have any hopes of you understanding it.

I'd like to apologise to the rest of the members of this forum for this silly debate (maybe not completely off' topic, though). I just felt that such nonsensical answer to a very interesting question should not remain unchallenged.



weren't you the one that told me that i am from colombia not switzerland and that you would get it for someone from switzerland not colombia.

nonsensical answer would you be ignoring the mess that CCS is !!! the flight to mogadishu is full indeed but thats because mogadishu is the final destination MAJORITY OF COLOMBIAN citizens won't transfer in ccs and i stand by it.

also there is no need to call me names calling me a liar and personal attacks grow up and have some respect ! i'll post another link about the situation in ccs

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/ ... via-aruba/

Go over to the other tbread and see how that article is full of errors. And it doesn't say that CCS is dangerous to operate into. UA keeps operating, don't they? It's really about downgrading from a 757 to a 738. And the 738 has no crew rest seats, so a stop for a crew change is needed. Do you even read the links you refer to? Suggest you read over at the UA IAHCCS thread for more correct info.
 
ExDubai
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:53 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:

This is your personal opinion, but I don't think it's shared by the other 49 million colombians. Until fairly recently, Colombia had its own problems of guerrilla, drug trafficking, paramilitares, kidnapping, street crime, etc, and they didn't put anybody off doing what they wanted to do or going where they wanted to go. I would believe your argument if you were a swiss national living in Switzerland, but colombians have been there and done that. :)


that's completely untrue guerrilla ended years ago even before the peace deal was signed well since nationalities seem to be important to you i am a canadian citizen too living in toronto and i travel BOG frequently what i mentioned about CCS is from experience through family. do i really need to post all the links regarding ccs ?? just do a small google research there is a reason why airlines avoid ccs " crew safety "

No need to post any links, just stick to the facts. To my best knowledge, no airline has susppended CCS due to crew safety. Suspensions have all been for economic and currency exchange reasons. They have skipped overnight stays, yes (AR and now UA will, too). But again, TK crew does not stay overnight in CCS (change of crew is at HAV), and you do not get off the plane if you are transiting at CCS. Which part of that would constitute a risk? So, yes, I insist that what you write is uninformed nonsense. Take it from an adopted caraqueño.
Even after all the suspensions, we have a dozen or so foreign airlines who deem the "risk" of operating into CCS manageable, among which are your own country's AV and COPA Colombia, as well as AA, DL, UA, IB, AF, TP, UX, BW, CM...and, of course, TK.
According to your argument, transiting at CCS is ok for Cubans or Turks returning from HAV, but not for Colombians...


Security was def. an issue @CCS. But the main reason where the currency exchange problems.
Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23801
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:01 pm

TK787 wrote:
Hello there Turkish Aviation fans,
.


Thanks for a new Columbian-Venezuelan thead ;) lol..

Looking forward to reading more updates about the new Istanbul airport and pics etc..

Re: TK 183 did TK fly another aircraft out to get the passengers out? I suppose it may have caused some ''issues''.
 
leftyboarder
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:29 am

 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23801
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:37 am

leftyboarder wrote:


Great thanks good video :)
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Please let me know if this old news or fake news; TK to wet lease 3 x A330 to PIA. Not sure 332 or 333 but TK is initially looking for volunteer Flight Crews and FA's to be stationed in Pakistan.
http://profit.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017 ... -airlines/
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:36 am

TK787 wrote:
Please let me know if this old news or fake news; TK to wet lease 3 x A330 to PIA. Not sure 332 or 333 but TK is initially looking for volunteer Flight Crews and FA's to be stationed in Pakistan.
http://profit.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017 ... -airlines/


Yesterday an excerpt from thea/m article was also given in AirportHaber (a Turkish Aviation Website). I believe this is not fake, and something moreor-less recent.

PK had started (August 16th, 2016) their Pakistan/LHR Premier Services with a wet-leased Sri Lankan 333, and the number of frames were reported to reach 3. However, PK became dissatisfied with this deal and started looking for alternatives. I think that sole SriLankan 333 is about to go back, as near future Premier Services fights are reported to be done PK's 777s.

Therefore it hasn't surprised me if PK has (or is about) to cut a deal with TK for 3 wet-leased 330 frames. However my gutfeel is that these will not be 332s presently in storage, neither any of the 29 other 333 TK frames that can handle ER flights (since they are equipped with cabin crew rest modules, etc.). Pakistan/LHR flights are all under 8 hrs. duration so can be flown with a single crew. I "fear" these to be leased TK 333s will come out of the 7 ex-Skymark 333s on delivery process to TK. These ex-Skymark birds provide 40J265Y, so offering a better (in terms of the number of seats) business cabin than the SriLankan's (these are 28J269Y). However, the SriLankan J cabin sported 1-2-1 configuration, therefore a more spacious and luxurious one...
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2758
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:29 pm

mafaky wrote:
TK787 wrote:
Please let me know if this old news or fake news; TK to wet lease 3 x A330 to PIA. Not sure 332 or 333 but TK is initially looking for volunteer Flight Crews and FA's to be stationed in Pakistan.
http://profit.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017 ... -airlines/


Yesterday an excerpt from thea/m article was also given in AirportHaber (a Turkish Aviation Website). I believe this is not fake, and something moreor-less recent.

PK had started (August 16th, 2016) their Pakistan/LHR Premier Services with a wet-leased Sri Lankan 333, and the number of frames were reported to reach 3. However, PK became dissatisfied with this deal and started looking for alternatives. I think that sole SriLankan 333 is about to go back, as near future Premier Services fights are reported to be done PK's 777s.

Therefore it hasn't surprised me if PK has (or is about) to cut a deal with TK for 3 wet-leased 330 frames. However my gutfeel is that these will not be 332s presently in storage, neither any of the 29 other 333 TK frames that can handle ER flights (since they are equipped with cabin crew rest modules, etc.). Pakistan/LHR flights are all under 8 hrs. duration so can be flown with a single crew. I "fear" these to be leased TK 333s will come out of the 7 ex-Skymark 333s on delivery process to TK. These ex-Skymark birds provide 40J265Y, so offering a better (in terms of the number of seats) business cabin than the SriLankan's (these are 28J269Y). However, the SriLankan J cabin sported 1-2-1 configuration, therefore a more spacious and luxurious one...

Has this deal been reported to the stock markets?
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Has this deal been reported to the stock markets?


Not yet, as far as I know. In fact there seems to be no detailed information on the internet, except fır the link that TK787 has provided, below...
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:09 pm

I now have it confirmed that the TC-JOM (the A333, dry leased from Afriqiyah AW in 2015, for 8 years) is at the painting hangar at SAW Turkish Technic being transformed into PIA livery. It has been wet-leased for an unknown period to PIA, to fly mainly for Hadj and Umrah flights. This looks like to be the first frame within that 3-plane leasing deal with PIA.

AFAIK, it will also mark to be the very first frame that TK will be leasing out (on wet-lease) to another airline, since ver very long times...

Well, this deal may not be a full wet-leasing operation, or rather what they call it as "moist leasing" where only the cockpit crews and the pursers are transferred with the plane(s).

However, as PIA has no operational A330 (and in the past, any A340) frames, they also have no nobody for ground based maintenance. Certainly this frame plus the subsequent ones to follow will be based somewhere within Pakistan. So, I guess, TK will also be obliged to provide maintenance crews and off-the-shelf critical spare parts with these plane(s).
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:18 pm

I need some help from Yakamoz on this one and I hope I am Wrong.

Just looked at flight24 data about TK's 33 x 777 Fleet movements for the first 5 days of March, 2017. Some hightlights:
-JJP hasn't been flying for a while I imagine due to maintenance.
-LKB hasnt' flown in 7 days also.
-LJK waiting to be delivered.

No flights by the below frames during these dates:
MARCH 1: JJS, JJU, JJZ, LJC, LJG, LJJ
MARCH 2: JJH, JJL, JJU, LJA
MARCH 3: JJH, JJN, JJU, LJH
MARCH 4: JJH, LJB, LJD
MARCH 5: JJL, LJA

What is worse is that 777 fleet is being underutilized, just look at these numbers (only one short flight a day):
-JJK only flew to ADB on 3/5
-JJS only flew to JED on 3/3
-JJT only flew to ESB on 3/5
-JJU only flew to LHR and MED on 3/4-5
-JJV only flew to DXB and JED on 3/5-6
-JJY only flew to DXB and MED 3/1-2, only flew to ADB and HAM 3/4
-JJZ only flew to ADB on 3/4
-LJB only flew to ADB on 3/1
-LJC only flew to DXB on 3/4
-LJE only flew to TLV, JED, DUS on 3/3-4
-LJG only flew to LHR on 3/2
-LJI only flew to LHR on 3/1, only flew to DXB and ADB 3/3-4
 
thaiflyer
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:52 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:


I am Colombian. and there is no chance me or anyone i know would transit through CCS safety is a big issue and also police or customs officers harassing passengers in transit and asking for bribes. there is a difference between the venezuelan government and people and this is just a known fact about CCS

Nonsense indeed.

Especially as transit passengers on the TK flights stay on board at CCS, so what safety situation would you worry about? Or what police or customs officers would harass you??
And for the record, as a foreigner, I have never ever had any problems in entering or leaving Venezuela, much unlike Colombia, where I was placed in a room with a rude Migración Colombia officer and not let into the country because I didn't know the exact street address of my hotel in Bogotá, and I was not allowed to call or pick up my phone to check it either. Not until I demanded to speak to a superior was I allowed to check it. THAT I call being harassed. But this is not about whose worse among those two countries' officials (Venezuela wins here hands down), but rather about that your assertion is baseless. And most people have no clue about intermediate stops or aircraft types at the time of booking. And once they have been through CCS on TK, they will see that it is not bad at all.

I think the reason for not doing IST-CCS-BOG-CCS-IST is not to have the crew overnight in CCS. Whether that is justified or not is another issue, which I discussed in another thread last week. Of course, they could do IST-BOG-CCS-IST triangular flights. But for the moment it seems that the weak spots in the BOG, PTY, HAV, CCS quartet seem to be PTY and CCS, so maybe we will see those dropped, and a single flight going IST-BOG-HAV-IST in the near future?


well that happens anywhere if you don't know the address to your hotel while entering a foreign country i had to wait for my phone to charge to be allowed to pass immigration in brussels because i didn't know my address which is understandable. people are not stupid every one knows where will they make a connection and intermediate stops it's 2017.

there is a reason no one routes their flights CCS-BOG and all choose BOG-PTY instead.


That is BS, the name of the hotel is enough to get into (most) countries.
The address is something for the taxi driver and if required it can be found on the great world wide web.
Most of the time i also don't know the exact address of my hotel but normally i will know the general area where it would be.
The taxi driver will know it or knows how to find it out.
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 pm

TK787 wrote:
I need some help from Yakamoz on this one and I hope I am Wrong.

Just looked at flight24 data about TK's 33 x 777 Fleet movements for the first 5 days of March, 2017. Some hightlights:
-JJP hasn't been flying for a while I imagine due to maintenance.
-LKB hasnt' flown in 7 days also.
-LJK waiting to be delivered.

No flights by the below frames during these dates:
MARCH 1: JJS, JJU, JJZ, LJC, LJG, LJJ
MARCH 2: JJH, JJL, JJU, LJA
MARCH 3: JJH, JJN, JJU, LJH
MARCH 4: JJH, LJB, LJD
MARCH 5: JJL, LJA

What is worse is that 777 fleet is being underutilized, just look at these numbers (only one short flight a day):
-JJK only flew to ADB on 3/5
-JJS only flew to JED on 3/3
-JJT only flew to ESB on 3/5
-JJU only flew to LHR and MED on 3/4-5
-JJV only flew to DXB and JED on 3/5-6
-JJY only flew to DXB and MED 3/1-2, only flew to ADB and HAM 3/4
-JJZ only flew to ADB on 3/4
-LJB only flew to ADB on 3/1
-LJC only flew to DXB on 3/4
-LJE only flew to TLV, JED, DUS on 3/3-4
-LJG only flew to LHR on 3/2
-LJI only flew to LHR on 3/1, only flew to DXB and ADB 3/3-4


Well TK787, you are better informed than me. ;)
I've checked last weekend the whole fleet and now all the 777s again.
Yesterday and today all of them flying long haul international routings. But note, TK have not the good LF's, so the need for the 777s is not so much.

JJP is grounded, no maintenance. That is one of this 30 birds TK grounded this winter.
LKB is in maintenance at SAW since 27.02.2017.
LJK is expected to be deliver end of this month.

To add: 49 aircraft are not flying for more than 5 days now: 6 A319, 8 A320, 2 A321, 16 A332, 5 A333, 10 B738, 2 B777.
49 aircraft is approx. %17 of the main TK fleet of 298 birds (beside Ajet birds and other leased one's).


mafaky wrote:
I now have it confirmed that the TC-JOM (the A333, dry leased from Afriqiyah AW in 2015, for 8 years) is at the painting hangar at SAW Turkish Technic being transformed into PIA livery. It has been wet-leased for an unknown period to PIA, to fly mainly for Hadj and Umrah flights. This looks like to be the first frame within that 3-plane leasing deal with PIA.

AFAIK, it will also mark to be the very first frame that TK will be leasing out (on wet-lease) to another airline, since ver very long times...

Well, this deal may not be a full wet-leasing operation, or rather what they call it as "moist leasing" where only the cockpit crews and the pursers are transferred with the plane(s).

However, as PIA has no operational A330 (and in the past, any A340) frames, they also have no nobody for ground based maintenance. Certainly this frame plus the subsequent ones to follow will be based somewhere within Pakistan. So, I guess, TK will also be obliged to provide maintenance crews and off-the-shelf critical spare parts with these plane(s).


Is there any photo or source for this TC-JOM bird get PIA livery? JOM is in SAW since 21.02.2017.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:24 pm

It is just crazy, hope things get better. I hope at least the daily utilization rate for the 777 fleet is in double digits :(
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 24059
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:48 pm

The A330 to PIA is for a single frame on 6-month tender period at $6,000USD per block hour lease.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:27 pm

LAXintl wrote:
The A330 to PIA is for a single frame on 6-month tender period at $6,000USD per block hour lease.


Are you very positive about this? Only for 6 months? (I actually have PIA's Evaluation Report on this but didn't notice anything like a 6-month timeframe.???)

So this TC-JOM's leasing should not be connected with any other (possible) TK A333 leasings to PIA; such as for A333 on their Premier Service to LHR?
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 24059
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:38 pm

I have no information to share regarding lease for 3 aircraft, just know that the single frame is covered on a 6-month agreement.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Is anybody aware of the cabin details of the newish A333 ex-Skymark birds?

These were ordered by Skymark in a full Premium Economy configuration (IIRC, 171 seats or so...). The said frames are receiving cabin modifications in Zurich prior delivery to TK; in fact two of them already delivered... These are reconfigured as 40C265Y and will be mainly used for regional routes as they are not equipped with ER flying infrastructure.

I now have received an indirect information, that the C Class seats on these 7 frames are actually the PE seats remaining from Skymark configuration; they are not even from the now out of date 165 degree reclining business class seats!...
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
EvrenErdem
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:00 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:08 pm

An interesting advertisment from TK
"Our Lounge in Istanbul is Bigger Than some Airports"
According to a Turkish newspaper's website, TK released this advertisment in Berlin Tegel Airport and some German newspapers interpreted it an inappropriate advertisment.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/thynin-bu-re ... i-40386522 (It's Turkish)
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:25 am

Might as well do it.
OK, I decided to spend a lot more time and try to figure out the daily utilization of TK 77W fleet and my preliminary results are not that bad.
I am going to wait a few more days to get more data and will let you know about the final results but so far so good and there will be some interesting finds.
A very broad figure ...(again I need few more days of data), TK 77Ws are being utilized 14:30 hrs a day for the first 5 days of March.
(-JJP, -LJK, -LKB not included since they are not flying)
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:58 am

Greetings to all.

We needed to fly my colleagues to TPE but TK was fully booked. We had no option but to use EK. I sometimes wonder how efficient TK is when there is a need for quick reaction to market demands. I see that, TK goes back to daily for TPE by 27MAR from 5w, I think this should have already been done by beginning of March.
The future is in the skies.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:07 am

Pls. study the following link, regarding the Airport City Complexes to be built within the scope of Istanbul New Airport.

http://www.igairportcity.com

In case there are pros among you guys, can those explain what the following terminology precisely mean?
a) Development Area,
b) GCA (possibly abbr. for "Gross Construction Area" or "General Commercial Availability"),
c) GLA (possibly abbr. for "Gross Leasable Area").

I just figured out the total of all areas indicated is 9.510.000 m2.

Earlier hearings or press releases used to indicate "the Airport City Complex will occupy 11.5 km2 (11.500.000 m2) area".

Any correlations, you can forecast?
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
leftyboarder
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 am

AFAIK, development area is the land on which construction will take place. GCA is gross construction area which means the floor space of the final structure. GLA is gross leasable area which is the floor space that can be commercially leased to tenants. The 9 sqkm or the 11 sqkm is the whole piece of land on which construction will spread most likely, including green space, roads and access roads etc.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:00 pm

mafaky wrote:
Pls. study the following link, regarding the Airport City Complexes to be built within the scope of Istanbul New Airport.

http://www.igairportcity.com

In case there are pros among you guys, can those explain what the following terminology precisely mean?
a) Development Area,
b) GCA (possibly abbr. for "Gross Construction Area" or "General Commercial Availability"),
c) GLA (possibly abbr. for "Gross Leasable Area").

I just figured out the total of all areas indicated is 9.510.000 m2.

Earlier hearings or press releases used to indicate "the Airport City Complex will occupy 11.5 km2 (11.500.000 m2) area".

Any correlations, you can forecast?

Wow!!! I am shocked that in their graphics they can not fit all the lettering inside the color coded circles. Unacceptable!!! This is a giant project, no excuses, get a graphic designer who knows how to change font size!!!

Now that I got that out of my system....Why there has to be so many buildings next to runways, terminals. Couldn't this all be incorporated inside the terminals or just outside the airport area. Wouldn't all this space be inside the sterile area or very close??
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2017

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:47 pm

leftyboarder wrote:
AFAIK, development area is the land on which construction will take place. GCA is gross construction area which means the floor space of the final structure. GLA is gross leasable area which is the floor space that can be commercially leased to tenants. The 9 sqkm or the 11 sqkm is the whole piece of land on which construction will spread most likely, including green space, roads and access roads etc.


Let's take as an example the first phase (Core Area, just behind the T1 Terminal). Here the Development Area is 420.000 m2, GCA is 750.000 m2 and GLA is 450.000 m2. For simplification, let's assume that there will be only one single building there, TK's HQ building. A second assumption is that there will be adequate roads, open-air carparks, green areas around this building. Third assumption is that TK is going to rent (lease) all this land (that includes the building and its peripherals) from IGA and do their own construction (IGA will not be building a customised building and hand it over to TK...). Lastly assume that there will be 4-5 storeys, say max. 20-22 meters high, being near to the terminal and the terminal building cannot/should not be overshadowed... There may be only 2-3, max 4 storeys as basements; considering the soil conditions you probably cannot go down to deeply!

How can you interprete & correlate these given figures?

Thanks.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos