-Mumbai
-Singapore

3. Beijing

Find the complete list here:
http://www.aci.aero/Airport-Service-Qua ... dium=email

Geoff1947

Re: Airports Council International releases list of best airports for 2016

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 pm

This has to be a joke!! Disregarding the airport context the maths is dreadful. How can someone be rated 3rd when there are 4 ahead of them.

Geoff

anshabhi
Topic Author

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:20 am

Geoff1947 wrote:
This has to be a joke!! Disregarding the airport context the maths is dreadful. How can someone be rated 3rd when there are 4 ahead of them.

Geoff

Its a tie. Asian reports rule the list across all categories.

MalevTU134

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:04 am

Geoff1947 wrote:

Geoff

A joke , no doubt. I looked through the lists for all airport sizes, and thought for a while that it was a purely Asian ranking. Until I found Jacksonville and Indianapolis. And Guayaquil as the best small airport. I still can't stop laughing. A complete waste of time.

anshabhi
Topic Author

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:15 am

Why? Is there any Western airport which can compare with these Asian airports? Modernising American and European airports has been a major part of job creation promises of all right wing groups in that part of the world!

TYCOON

Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:35 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
Geoff1947 wrote:

Geoff

A joke , no doubt. I looked through the lists for all airport sizes, and thought for a while that it was a purely Asian ranking. Until I found Jacksonville and Indianapolis. And Guayaquil as the best small airport. I still can't stop laughing. A complete waste of time.

Have you ever been to GYE? It is a fantastic small airport, recently built terminal, very clean, bright, pleasant and good domestic and international lounges. One of the nicest small international airports I have ever visited (and Quito airport is nice too!).

PieterBoth

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:21 am

Not usually a fan of these rankings (well this one's slightly better than the godawful skytrax) but nice to see MRU as 'best' airport in Africa with over 2 million passengers per year. It's a gem of an airport!

MalevTU134

Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:10 pm

TYCOON wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
Geoff1947 wrote:

Geoff

Have you ever been to GYE? It is a fantastic small airport, recently built terminal, very clean, bright, pleasant and good domestic and international lounges. One of the nicest small international airports I have ever visited (and Quito airport is nice too!).

I have indeed, many times. Last time was last October. Airport in itself is not bad, but nothing out of the ordinary. Now, its surroundings...horrible. As soon as you step outside, especially during the hours of dark, everything changes (and I know what I'm talking about, trust me...I live in Caracas). Again, nothing out of the ordinary for Latin America, but World's Best? Gimme a break!!

Cubsrule

Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:00 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Why? Is there any Western airport which can compare with these Asian airports? Modernising American and European airports has been a major part of job creation promises of all right wing groups in that part of the world!

Compares how? These rankings seem to measure consistency, which is easier in Asia where many major terminals are new builds. As far as overall passenger experience, I'd put DTW, IAH and YYZ on par with PEK. At least those airports do not have hours long delays because the military does not feel like accommodating passenger flights.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

ikramerica

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:28 pm

You can't be 3rd after 3 airports tie for 2nd.

1-2-2-2-5

That was the point above and why you should ignore anything this list says if you are looking for objectivity, because objectivity in rankings requires knowing how to rank things...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

thedetroitpole

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:30 pm

I am unsure as to why MSP won first place in its category, do not get me wrong, it is a great airport, but, not of that like of other airports of its caliber.

PerfectGriffin

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Wow, good to see that Indian airports have improved significantly. I haven't passed through the new terminals yet, but the new terminals at BOM and DEL certainly look very beautiful.

slider

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:42 pm

LMAO!! What a complete load of rubbish!

DfwRevolution

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:52 pm

PerfectGriffin wrote:
Wow, good to see that Indian airports have improved significantly. I haven't passed through the new terminals yet, but the new terminals at BOM and DEL certainly look very beautiful.

They're nice, but there are plenty of equally nice terminals in the U.S. and Europe.

I generally don't think it's worth putting much stock in these lists.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos