Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

emiratesdriver
Topic Author

EK theres no hiding parked aeroplanes now

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:04 pm

As a pax out of DWC yesterday I counted a number of EK 777 airframes "parked", On enquiring to the EK engineer who was dispatching the flight I was a pax on (I know him), his comment was "they've run out of room at DXB to park these, as all the parked 380s are taking up the spare space"

Interesting times given the cancelled flights with crew shortages and cabin crew on unpaid leave or being terminated for minor issues.

Dutchy

Re: EK theres no hiding parked aeroplanes now

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Interesting. What is the problem with EK? Run out routes to run profitable or run out of crew?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

AirlineCritic

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:43 pm

If there's plenty parked, there should be pictures... numbers... anybody?

PerfectGriffin

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:13 pm

Yes, I noticed at DXB there was an unusually high number of parked aircraft.

PerfectGriffin

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Interesting. What is the problem with EK? Run out routes to run profitable or run out of crew?

Probably a combination of both.

Auchmithie

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:18 pm

emiratesdriver wrote:
As a pax out of DWC yesterday I counted a number of EK 777 airframes "parked",

As you counted the number care to share what that number was?

The only EK 777s I believe are at DWC are 777-300s A6-EMN and A6-EMX which have been stored since 21st Feb and 3rd March respectively. These may well have been withdrawn from service.

JeremyB

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:19 pm

AirlineCritic wrote:

I just tried to google it looking for pictures, but apparently maps also shows evidence of this. I see 4 of them parked at the Emirates SkyCargo site.

ThomasCook

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:27 pm

To my knowledge, there are a couple of active 773s in short term storage. Other then that, they are all any 77Es and 773s that were WFU last year. Many were ferried to DWC and ocassionally conduct test flights DWC-DWC. The engineer is right, with an expanding 77W and A388 fleet, there is no room to park them at DXB.

sassiciai

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:28 pm

emiratesdriver wrote:
As a pax out of DWC yesterday I counted a number of EK 777 airframes "parked", On enquiring to the EK engineer who was dispatching the flight I was a pax on (I know him), his comment was "they've run out of room at DXB to park these, as all the parked 380s are taking up the spare space"

Interesting times given the cancelled flights with crew shortages and cabin crew on unpaid leave or being terminated for minor issues.

Your post might be more credible if you provided some verifiable proof - otherwise it is what, conjecture or wishes or wet dreams?

I could refute your "claim" with invented claims on the opposite end of the scale, also without any reliable and verifiable support!

You looked out the window and saw a bunch of Emirates 777 - so what? Perhaps they are there for a planned and rational reason! Perhaps your understanding is neither rational or well informed, so where does that leave your claim?

I am not in the airline business, but I do find it unusual that the aircraft you flew out on was being dispatched by an engineer, rather than by an, er, dispatcher! I am ready to stand corrected on this by those who know better!

We are a suspicious bunch here on a.net, and your opening post is big on claims, but empty of fact!

sixtyseven

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:35 pm

^^^^^

Funny when I read the OPs comments it didn't strike me as anything other than an observation or a thought.

When I read yours you come off sounding like an over protective nut.

Relax. All you have to do is read 99% of the stuff on here to realize it's people mostly thinking out loud. But apparently you don't like that.
Stand-by for new ATIS message......

Dahlgardo

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Checked the EK A380s on FR24, and all but 2 have been active the last 3 days.
A6-EEF was last flown 18-02-17, and A6-EEG was last flown 27-02-17.
They could both be on the ground for scheduled maintenance.
So it does not appear that any A380s are in storage.
The daily utilisation could well have gone down and taking the huge amount of A380s EK have into consideration, an impressive number could be on the ground at any time at DXB during the normal cycle.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle

Planesmart

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:06 pm

AirlineCritic wrote:

Indeed there should be. Search the OP's other posts to see if you can see a theme. You are not the first to ask for facts, so would have thought his camera would be at the ready on his regular DWC/DXB visits.

jumbojet

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:42 pm

riddle: Who can park countless widebody frames with no routes to fly them and not have to worry about profit?

Answer: Government subsidized Emirates Airlines.

Now, if anyone still believes Emirates is not receiving billions in subsidies, than I have a bridge to sell you.

Auchmithie

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:56 pm

The 777-200ER fleet have all departed the UAE as follows:

EMG - Ferried to Jakarta 04/07/16
EMH - Ferried to Jakarta 28/06/16
EMI - Ferried to Teruel 25/08/16
EMJ - Ferried to Terual 20/12/16
EMK - Ferried to Lourdes 16/01/17
EML - Ferried to Teruel 16/02/17

The 777-300 fleet positions as of today (8th March) are as follows:

EMM - In service
EMO - Ferried to Phoenix Goodyear 22/09/16
EMN - At DWC
EMP - Ferried to Boston 08/03/17
EMQ - In service
EMR - In service
EMS - Last in service 05/03/17 - At DXB
EMT - In service
EMU - In service
EMV - In service
EMW - Written Off
EMX - At DWC

All 777-300ERs were tracked in service today with the exceptions of EBO/EBX/EBY/ECH/ECP/EGI/EGJ/ENE/EPV all of which are verified as being at DXB.

All 777-200LRs were tracked in service today with the exception of EWC which is verified as being at DXB.

Therefore there are a total of two EK 777s at Dubai World Central.
Last edited by Auchmithie on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PW100

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:00 pm

AMS Airport:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.3111449,4.7463323,964m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=nl

There are a grand total of 14 KLM widebody airframes "parked" (at non-gate ramps space).

KLM widebody fleet count: around 65
EK widebody fleet count: around 240

Having around 10 - 20 EK frames parked for some time around DXB seems perfectly normal to me for a fleet size of 240 widebodies (!!) (operating from one single hub).

Deep study into route structure, bank strategy, maintenance planning, operational reserve and back-up regime, and many more factors would be required to make a convincing case to prove otherwise.
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"

dtw2hyd

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Planesmart wrote:
AirlineCritic wrote:

Indeed there should be. Search the OP's other posts to see if you can see a theme. You are not the first to ask for facts, so would have thought his camera would be at the ready on his regular DWC/DXB visits.

One has to be very naive to take air side pictures in Dubai.
All posts are just opinions.

SRQKEF

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:00 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
Planesmart wrote:
AirlineCritic wrote:

What? I know that's certainly the case in India among other places, but I've taken photos airside at DXB many times with absolutely no problems at all. Once got asked, and after explaining my hobby I just got a thumbs up back.

regards!
Sveinn :)
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!

dtw2hyd

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 am

SRQKEF wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Planesmart wrote:

What? I know that's certainly the case in India among other places, but I've taken photos airside at DXB many times with absolutely no problems at all. Once got asked, and after explaining my hobby I just got a thumbs up back.

regards!
Sveinn :)

You can take DWC air side pictures and post it as proof that there are no parked planes. Pilots know more about AOGs than astroturfers.

jetblueguy22

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:26 am

What I don't understand with this whole thing is this.

If EK is fed money by the government why would they need to park planes? They could fly them empty and not have to worry.

I think everyone just likes to point and say "SEE! SEE! It isn't possible an airline centered in a geographically perfect area between Europe and Asia can experience explosive growth."
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

KaiTak747

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 am

jumbojet wrote:
riddle: Who can park countless widebody frames with no routes to fly them and not have to worry about profit?

Now, if anyone still believes Emirates is not receiving billions in subsidies, than I have a bridge to sell you.

Absolute rubbish and pure speculation.

1. Where is the proof that Emirates is parking any frames?
2. What makes you think Emirates has too much capacity?
3. They are a business, run for profit, and have been consistently profitable for a long time.

No one takes pure conjecture seriously.

kjeld0d

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:43 am

The ME3 concept/experiment has only been running at full steam for about 10 years. Its a massive gamble whose outcome remains to be seen.

It would be quite a boon to legacies if/when the ME3 experiment ends. A return to the glory days of national carriers perhaps?

Planesmart

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:59 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
You can take DWC air side pictures and post it as proof that there are no parked planes. Pilots know more about AOGs than astroturfers.

I would have thought the poster who listed registrations of aircraft, and current movements, has vastly more credibility than those who supposedly have the facts, but can neither take photos or note registrations.

I'm well into my 60's, and have never come across the term 'astroturfers'. Thank you. You are probably right, that there are likely contributors here yet to gain a full car licence, let alone hold a commercial pilots licence?

BobPatterson

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:45 am

kjeld0d wrote:
The ME3 concept/experiment has only been running at full steam for about 10 years. Its a massive gamble whose outcome remains to be seen.

It would be quite a boon to legacies if/when the ME3 experiment ends. A return to the glory days of national carriers perhaps?

Many postings in these threads are fraught with nonsense. This is one of the best of them.

The World Bank, using ICAO data, report that the number of passengers carried, worldwide, has grown from 1.674bn in 2000 to 3.441bn in 2015. Impressive.

I have shown is other threads on a.net that, in the USA during this period, passenger numbers carried by the legacies have been essentially flat, and that ALL of the increase has been brought about by the LCC and ULCC carriers.

I have not done a similar study for Europe, but I am fairly confident that a somewhat similar result will be found, with the vast majority of passenger growth being handled by the likes of EasyJet, Norwegian, Ryanair and their ilk. Legacies flat or even disappearing from the scene.

If the ME3 went bust tomorrow (don't worry, it isn't going to happen) the so-called legacy national carriers would not be able to accommodate even a small fraction of the passenger load.

By the way, the ME3 are national carriers and they, along with the blossoming number of productive, profitable LCCS, are the future of passenger aviation. They are here to stay.

Get used to it. Get some popcorn and follow all the strikes at Air France and other legacies.

Have a good time.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

dtw2hyd

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:51 am

Planesmart wrote:
I would have thought the poster who listed registrations of aircraft, and current movements, has vastly more credibility than those who supposedly have the facts, but can neither take photos or note registrations.

Not questioning that post, but there is no way for me to verify that information without going thru each reg. either. So as good as not having a picture.

You can get Google Maps/Earth to show whatever image you want, if you have power,connections and money.

CXfirst

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:49 am

When you go to DXB, you do see plenty of parked aircraft, but it doesn't mean they don't fly. There is some downtime for just about all their aircraft, and with the lack of space at DXB, they go to the other side of the field and are parked one behind the other.

So, it does look like they are parked for longer periods than they are, simply by how they are parked. But, a look at FR24 for instance, shows that just about all of the fleet flies regularly.

There is however, plenty of downtime for aircraft, so they could do more flying with the current fleet, but that is one of the side effects of their departure waves.

-CXfirst

emiratesdriver
Topic Author

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:04 am

Well that escalated quickly! I'm not sure why anyone on here cares but I was merely making an observation, which combined with a little inside info I thought was worth sharing.
Make of my info what you will, but all I'd say is if I leased aircraft worth 200-300 million USD, I'd want them doing more than a KWI or DOH turnaround in a 24 hr period.

jupiter2

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:56 am

emiratesdriver wrote:
Well that escalated quickly! I'm not sure why anyone on here cares but I was merely making an observation, which combined with a little inside info I thought was worth sharing.
Make of my info what you will, but all I'd say is if I leased aircraft worth 200-300 million USD, I'd want them doing more than a KWI or DOH turnaround in a 24 hr period.

The only true determining factor of a fleet usage is the average number of hours/cycles flown for an extended period of time, eg : 12 months. If the fleet utilisation is well below industry average, then you could figure they have excess capacity. In reality, you would really like your average 380/77W in the air for at least 14 hours a day over a 12 month period, especially when you consider how many 12 hour + sectors they would be flying with EK.

neutrino

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:01 am

jumbojet wrote:
.......than I have a bridge to sell you.

Ok, where and how much? This is so cliched and very yester-decades. Besides, too many sellers.
Try purveying disused space stations instead. You will probably stand a better chance.There are some around somewhere, both derelicts and unused backups.
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis

scbriml

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:16 am

PW100 wrote:
There are a grand total of 14 KLM widebody airframes "parked" (at non-gate ramps space).

I saw dozens of parked BA planes at Heathrow this morning when I caught my flight. :spin:

dtw2hyd wrote:

One would have to be careful if using a DSLR. However, on any given visit to DXB (or transit) one will see dozens of people taking photographs of planes with their phones and nobody cares.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ikramerica

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:34 am

Please. It sounds like DXB is just at capacity and they don't have enough room to park retired 773s because the active 77Ws and A380s take up a lot of room on the ramp during extended turns.

Anything else is just a misinterpretation of reality. A380s are parked in the course of s day. They aren't being stored.

Now, is the utilization low, leading to crowding at DXB? That's a different question entirely. And there's no easy answer.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

AsiaTravel

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:49 am

scbriml wrote:
PW100 wrote:

I saw dozens of parked BA planes at Heathrow this morning when I caught my flight. :spin:

dtw2hyd wrote:

One would have to be careful if using a DSLR. However, on any given visit to DXB (or transit) one will see dozens of people taking photographs of planes with their phones and nobody cares.

I had no issues the last few times I took picture of the 77W engines at DXB while disembarking. In fact, ground crew were pretty nice about it and told me I should change angle to get a better shot. Now was that because I was in the front cabin? Who knows...

TheF15Ace

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:29 am

AsiaTravel wrote:

I had no issues the last few times I took picture of the 77W engines at DXB while disembarking. In fact, ground crew were pretty nice about it and told me I should change angle to get a better shot. Now was that because I was in the front cabin? Who knows...

As far as I'm aware hanging around the airport for plane spotting is a big no no. But speaking only about my personal experience, I never had issues when taking pictures or filming from anywhere inside the airport and onboard.

AsiaTravel

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:58 am

TheF15Ace wrote:
AsiaTravel wrote:

As far as I'm aware hanging around the airport for plane spotting is a big no no. But speaking only about my personal experience, I never had issues when taking pictures or filming from anywhere inside the airport and onboard.

Yes, it is. But taking pictures between the airplane door and the bus really isn't a big deal and ground crew are starting to realize that. Of course wandering around is still prohibited, but just stopping for a few seconds has never been an issue anywhere for me.

sandyb123

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:10 am

jetblueguy22 wrote:
What I don't understand with this whole thing is this.

If EK is fed money by the government why would they need to park planes? They could fly them empty and not have to worry.

I think everyone just likes to point and say "SEE! SEE! It isn't possible an airline centered in a geographically perfect area between Europe and Asia can experience explosive growth."

This constant government subsidy line that comes up on here is tedious. It's like the Donald's attitude to 'facts'. Say it enough times and it becomes true.

EK, the government / royal family of dubai and everybody else has confirmed that there is no subsidy. There is just an efficient, well located business which has benefited from cheap lending, cheap labour (because of tax BTW - not because they are slaves!) and cheap oil for a decade.

End. Of. Story.

Sandyb123
Member of the mile high club

TheF15Ace

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:11 am

AsiaTravel wrote:
TheF15Ace wrote:
AsiaTravel wrote:

Yes, it is. But taking pictures between the airplane door and the bus really isn't a big deal and ground crew are starting to realize that. Of course wandering around is still prohibited, but just stopping for a few seconds has never been an issue anywhere for me.

Pretty much sums it up.

ranbidaraxflo

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:39 am

What a load of rubbish!! I can confirm the two B773 at DWC as I work here! Rumoured to be going to a new UAE start up airline. Other EK machines are all freighters. DXB parking EK use off 'pier' parking for pax flights all the time! This may reduce as refurbished stands on annex C come back on line.

Planesmart

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:33 am

jupiter2 wrote:
emiratesdriver wrote:

The only true determining factor of a fleet usage is the average number of hours/cycles flown for an extended period of time, eg : 12 months. If the fleet utilisation is well below industry average, then you could figure they have excess capacity. In reality, you would really like your average 380/77W in the air for at least 14 hours a day over a 12 month period, especially when you consider how many 12 hour + sectors they would be flying with EK.

For some of the leased aircraft funding syndicates, there are mandatory, published quarterly returns. Others are only published to participants.

One such syndicate as at 30 June 2016 included 6 aircraft.

Between 1 July and 31 December 2016, average daily utilisation was 11.80, 11.71, 15.50, 12.54, 13.00 and 12.15 hours respectively.

Two further aircraft were added in the six month period, and they had averaged 10.00 and 7.75 hours per day since delivery.

Four different, older leased aircraft, in the same 6 month period to 31 December 2016, averaged 14.70, 14.71, 13.86 and 14.77 hours per day.

I would have thought those are respectable daily utilisation rates, when you look at the routes operated by EK A380's and 777's, and include time out for thorough inspections three times a year.

If photographs can't be taken, please provide a dozen registrations of these permanently parked aircraft, which we can investigate.

As I've said before, and will keep saying, why let facts get in the way of unsubstantiated hearsay?

MON

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 am

Purely as a pilot of another airline flying into Dubai (DXB), the general impression is an ever growing number of under-utilised EK aircraft parked up. Myself and my FO remarked on the eight 380s parked up just last week. Speaking to pilot friends who work for EK, they have noticed the same and blame it on the lack of pilots (most EK captains I know are worked an unsustainable number of hours and thus considering leaving). Where there is smoke, there is usually a fire, this analogy seems to be particularly relevent to EK!

flipdewaf

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:46 am

jumbojet wrote:

Is there any evidence to back that up? Untill you find any you are a liar.

MileHFL400

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:14 am

TheF15Ace wrote:
AsiaTravel wrote:
TheF15Ace wrote:

Pretty much sums it up.

Same here!
Thanks and best Regards
AA

rta

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:23 am

PW100 wrote:
AMS Airport:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.3111449,4.7463323,964m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=nl

KLM widebody fleet count: around 65
EK widebody fleet count: around 240

Having around 10 - 20 EK frames parked for some time around DXB seems perfectly normal to me for a fleet size of 240 widebodies (!!) (operating from one single hub).

Deep study into route structure, bank strategy, maintenance planning, operational reserve and back-up regime, and many more factors would be required to make a convincing case to prove otherwise.

I agree that this doesn't seem particularly unusual for an airline with such a large WB fleet.

oldannyboy

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:33 am

kjeld0d wrote:

Yeah, keep dreaming your sweet wet dream... :-)

If you think that ME3 are running an unprofitable or an unmanageable operation you clearly are in the wrong... Not saying that being 'based' in the Gulf and being the 'flag carrier' doesn't help, but they do indeed have a very good business case there... and being in what -as others here have already pointed- in what is essentially the 'preferred'/central (if not downright 'perfect') position on the globe certainly helps too!

oldannyboy

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:36 am

BobPatterson wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:

Many postings in these threads are fraught with nonsense. This is one of the best of them.

The World Bank, using ICAO data, report that the number of passengers carried, worldwide, has grown from 1.674bn in 2000 to 3.441bn in 2015. Impressive.

I have shown is other threads on a.net that, in the USA during this period, passenger numbers carried by the legacies have been essentially flat, and that ALL of the increase has been brought about by the LCC and ULCC carriers.

I have not done a similar study for Europe, but I am fairly confident that a somewhat similar result will be found, with the vast majority of passenger growth being handled by the likes of EasyJet, Norwegian, Ryanair and their ilk. Legacies flat or even disappearing from the scene.

If the ME3 went bust tomorrow (don't worry, it isn't going to happen) the so-called legacy national carriers would not be able to accommodate even a small fraction of the passenger load.

By the way, the ME3 are national carriers and they, along with the blossoming number of productive, profitable LCCS, are the future of passenger aviation. They are here to stay.

Get used to it. Get some popcorn and follow all the strikes at Air France and other legacies.

Have a good time.

:checkmark: :coffee: :smile:

oldannyboy

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:41 am

jumbojet wrote:

Wow, man, just wow. You really do have an agenda. Or you work for Congress.

Get over it. For your own health, seriously.

CBBW

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Planesmart wrote:

Not questioning that post, but there is no way for me to verify that information without going thru each reg. either. So as good as not having a picture.

You get Google Maps/Earth to show whatever image you want, if you have power,connections and money.

Are you implying what it seems like here? Because if you are I have nothing to say but yikes. That's some pretty deep conspiracy talk. Has A.Net been subsumed by #Emirates Truthers?

dtw2hyd

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:20 pm

CBBW wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Planesmart wrote:

You get Google Maps/Earth to show whatever image you want, if you have power,connections and money.

Are you implying what it seems like here? Because if you are I have nothing to say but yikes. That's some pretty deep conspiracy talk. Has A.Net been subsumed by #Emirates Truthers?

No there is no conspiracy theory. It is a common practice. A government can request not to show a critical installation, a business can ask to show only approved images. Not only that a business can ask Google how they want the search results to be presented. Eg., If someone Googles "airlines and rats", you can ask Google to show Air India news first, not because Air India is the only airline with rate and even though there is video evidence of little mickey running around someone else F suites. Its all legitimate business of brand management.

Same with Wikipedia, ratings agencies, forums and everything else on the internet.

emiratesdriver
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Just a little food for thought, showing some of the 380s taking a rest, or in maintenance...or parked.

Amiga500

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Would a parked aircraft not typically have covers on the engines to prevent sand ingestion?

32andBelow

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Amiga500 wrote:
Would a parked aircraft not typically have covers on the engines to prevent sand ingestion?

I doesn't make sense to just park airplanes that you want to stay active in the short to medium term. You just rotate them in and out with the rest of the fleet.

Polot

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Amiga500 wrote:

That is for long term parking.

The EK supposed "parking" (I don't know if it is real or not) is basically lower utilization of the fleet so there are "spares" parked instead of being used either because of lack of markets for the plane or lack of crew (depending on who you ask, although I believe the crew issue is turning into a problem for EK). But of course the spares are being rotated across the fleet, it won't always be the same aircraft parked for extended periods of time.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos