Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

amadorE175

Re: Delta future routes from Seattle

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 am

sonnyville wrote:

I was wondering what are DL's plans for it's Asia routes. As they seem to be "de-hubbing NRT", in favor of operating direct flights to Asian destinations from SEA hub. Already they've axed SIN, BKK, and TPE is in question if not already axed. They seem to be relying on codeshare partners rather than use their own metal. And will DL continue to axe more Asian destinations as the JV with KE fell through, relying on codeshare/JV agreements with other Skyteam members?

It wouldn't make sense for DL to mount direct flights to MNL using their new flagship A350 to MNL with those new DL suites when MNL is low yield destination. The A350s will be designated for premium routes like China, Japan, Korea, and a possible return to SIN direct? If ever, I would reposition the A350 to do LAX-MNL as it would make more sense with the demand and market in LA/Socal.

1) The JV fell through? Last I checked they were still in the process of finalizing it. Do you have a source for this statement?

2) If anything, I think PR would be more likely to be the one flying the A350 MNL-SEA. Reports are that the A350 fleet will be focused on expanding US service so if PR has enough A350 around that'd be an option.

Midwestindy

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:57 am

Considering the Port of SEA is more than a year late on the Int'l arrivals project. You can imagine DL Management is pretty furious internally at the Port right now. So don't expect much if any INTL expansion until this is complete.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

strfyr51

Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:48 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
Darklord1 wrote:
What about sea-syd sometime in the future?

Seems unlikely. LAX-SYD needs support as it is. SEA-BLR might work, or at least SEA-DEL. For domestic, ABQ/AUS/STL/PIT might be some good markets.

Are you saying Delta doesn't feed it's flight to SYD or the flight doesn't generate much interest?? What kind of support are you referring TO??

bfitzflyer

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:25 pm

I know a lot of speculation on domestic/pacific routes with good reason on this thread. I think there could be a surprise going over the Atlantic, to say FRA or DUB even.

AAvgeek744

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:19 pm

factsonly wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
factsonly wrote:

Remember DL already offers:
- SEA-HKG-DEL
- SEA-AMS-DEL 2x daily
- SEA-AMS-BOM
- SEA-AMS-BLR
- SEA-CDG-DEL
- SEA-CDG-BOM
- SEA-CDG-BLR

Same applies here, as DL already offers a very competitive:

- SEA-AMS-CPH 2x daily service
- SEA-AMS-BLL 2x daily service
- SEA-AMS-AAL 2x daily service
- SEA-CDG-CPH 1x daily
- SEA-CDG-BLL 1x daily

This is really inaccurate. It's obvious DL flies only the first leg of those international routes. Some people may assume they do all those one-stops.

'Commercially' DL does 'all those one-stops' !!

It is not about what the aircraft flies. What matters is what the airline sells !!

DL sells all of the above routes to get SEA customers to India and Denmark, and in doing so offers a competitive travel option in markets where non-stop service is not economic.

I know how marketing works. There are people on this site that don't. I would have included the phrase code-share or joint venture. Even people who fly and get moved to another airlines don't always know why.

Devilfish

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:51 pm

WPvsMW wrote:
I could rephrase to "PR has historically underpriced all other airlines' nonstop service HNL/MNL until the competitor abandoned the route".

Then that's not "predatory pricing".....it's called competition. PR run their business to survive and profit -- just like most any other airline. :yes:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

michman

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:02 pm

amadorE175 wrote:
sonnyville wrote:

I was wondering what are DL's plans for it's Asia routes. As they seem to be "de-hubbing NRT", in favor of operating direct flights to Asian destinations from SEA hub. Already they've axed SIN, BKK, and TPE is in question if not already axed. They seem to be relying on codeshare partners rather than use their own metal. And will DL continue to axe more Asian destinations as the JV with KE fell through, relying on codeshare/JV agreements with other Skyteam members?

It wouldn't make sense for DL to mount direct flights to MNL using their new flagship A350 to MNL with those new DL suites when MNL is low yield destination. The A350s will be designated for premium routes like China, Japan, Korea, and a possible return to SIN direct? If ever, I would reposition the A350 to do LAX-MNL as it would make more sense with the demand and market in LA/Socal.

1) The JV fell through? Last I checked they were still in the process of finalizing it. Do you have a source for this statement?

2) If anything, I think PR would be more likely to be the one flying the A350 MNL-SEA. Reports are that the A350 fleet will be focused on expanding US service so if PR has enough A350 around that'd be an option.

JV deal was formally signed on June 23rd --

http://news.delta.com/delta-and-korean- ... nt-venture

And, as someone else has already pointed out, DL is still operating NRT-SIN and no termination date has been announced. Getting facts straight seems to have been a challenge for poster.

crazyplane1234

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:06 am

strfyr51 wrote:
Are you saying Delta doesn't feed it's flight to SYD or the flight doesn't generate much interest?? What kind of support are you referring TO??

He's saying that SEA-SYD would cannibalise the LAX-SYD flight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos