Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
wn676
Topic Author
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Just heard of some major equipment and schedule changes coming up from AA. A lot of these have been predicted and discussed here previously, in particular the equipment changes wrt SYD/AKL.

New markets:
DFW-GIG 3x Weekly from December-February - 788
MIA-CTG Daily from December - 319
DFW-LIH Daily from December-March - 763

Suspensions:
LAX-AKL suspended August-September

Equipment changes:
DFW-GRU - 77W eff November
JFK-GIG - 772 eff November
LAX-AKL - 789 eff October
1x LAX-HNL - 772 eff December-March
LAX-NRT - 789 (already announced here previously)
LAX-GRU - 789 (already announced here previously)
LAX-SYD - 789 eff November
ORD-DUB - 788 eff August
ORD-MAN - 75L eff September-January
ORD-CDG - 788 eff October-January
1x PHX-HNL - A333 eff December-March (replaces 2 757s)
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
dominicl316
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:48 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Some of the MIA-STT flights will be converted to 757s. Gone from 4x/daily to 3x/daily.
 
User avatar
United_fan
Posts: 6691
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2000 11:11 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:12 pm

No issues with LIH's short runway for a 767 to DFW? I guess not.
"Suspicion is a matter of opinion"
 
jfk777
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:23 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:14 pm

wn676 wrote:
Just heard of some major equipment and schedule changes coming up from AA. A lot of these have been predicted and discussed here previously, in particular the equipment changes wrt SYD/AKL.

New markets:
DFW-GIG 3x Weekly from December-February - 788
MIA-CTG Daily from December - 319
DFW-LIH Daily from December-March - 763

Suspensions:
LAX-AKL suspended August-September

Equipment changes:
DFW-GRU - 77W eff November
JFK-GIG - 772 eff November
LAX-AKL - 789 eff October
1x LAX-HNL - 772 eff December-March
LAX-NRT - 789 (already announced here previously)
LAX-GRU - 789 (already announced here previously)
LAX-SYD - 789 eff November
ORD-DUB - 788 eff August
ORD-MAN - 75L eff September-January
ORD-CDG - 788 eff October-January
1x PHX-HNL - A333 eff December-March (replaces 2 757s)


where are the LAX to SYD 77W going ?
 
wenders825
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:17 pm

wow, these are crazy:

DFW-GIG - reinstating old market with the right plane, more signs Brazil is improving
JFK-GIG has been a 772.
not surprising in the least that LAX-AKL/SYD are going 789. I gather SYD isn't doing as well, and AKL is doing far better than expected. good to balance out
PHX-HNL - this should've gone 333 ages ago. long overdue move and provides a far better product than the 767s from DFW.

the rest have been announced or close
 
wenders825
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:18 pm

jfk777 wrote:
wn676 wrote:
Just heard of some major equipment and schedule changes coming up from AA. A lot of these have been predicted and discussed here previously, in particular the equipment changes wrt SYD/AKL.

New markets:
DFW-GIG 3x Weekly from December-February - 788
MIA-CTG Daily from December - 319
DFW-LIH Daily from December-March - 763

Suspensions:
LAX-AKL suspended August-September

Equipment changes:
DFW-GRU - 77W eff November
JFK-GIG - 772 eff November
LAX-AKL - 789 eff October
1x LAX-HNL - 772 eff December-March
LAX-NRT - 789 (already announced here previously)
LAX-GRU - 789 (already announced here previously)
LAX-SYD - 789 eff November
ORD-DUB - 788 eff August
ORD-MAN - 75L eff September-January
ORD-CDG - 788 eff October-January
1x PHX-HNL - A333 eff December-March (replaces 2 757s)


where are the LAX to SYD 77W going ?

DFW-GRU's return to a 77W like it was previously
 
User avatar
IrishAyes
Posts: 2442
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Interesting changes --- definitely makes sense, and good use of long-haul capacity to be deployed to seasonal markets during the IATA Northern Winter schedule where there is demand (i.e. DFW-GIG, which also reflects the nature of the improving economic conditions in Brasil). Relatedly, looks like the the 77W will be pulled off of LAX-SYD and swapped out with the 787-9 between DFW and GRU. The QF JV fiasco may have also been a contributing factor to that (along with pulling LAX-AKL, albeit only for 2 months).

DFW-Hawaii continues to impress me, first with the addition of 2x DFW-OGG flights on certain peak days, a higher-density two-class 777 on DFW-HNL (1 of 2x), the addition of DFW-KOA last summer and now DFW-LIH. The remaining 767 frames are very appropriate for low-frequency routes like this one where there is demand, and money to be made, and the aircraft is rightfully suited for it.

Will ORD-DUB run year-round? I also imagine that ORD-CDG will follow a seasonal suspension in W18 in Feb/Mar like this year. Also, curious to see how advance bookings on ORD-BCN, DFW-AMS and DFW-FCO are doing.
 
commavia
Posts: 11489
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:30 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:21 pm

wn676 wrote:
DFW-GIG 3x Weekly from December-February - 788
DFW-GRU - 77W eff November
JFK-GIG - 772 eff November
LAX-GRU - 789 (already announced here previously)


Brazil definitely seems to be turning the corner - particularly excited to see DFW-GIG return for peak season.

wn676 wrote:
MIA-CTG Daily from December - 319


Finally! Incredible that it's taken this long.

wn676 wrote:
DFW-LIH Daily from December-March - 763


That is awesome. I well remember when AA's only DFW-Hawaii flights were 5 and 123 - unreal that in peak season AA will now be up to six daily Hawaii flights to all four major islands. Wow - very cool.

wn676 wrote:
LAX-AKL suspended August-September
LAX-AKL - 789 eff October


Probably shouldn't be too surprising given the capacity in the market, and the lack of approval for the QANTAS JV. I'm just happy that it's surviving, even if for only 10 months of the year, and good that during peak season it's going to a 789.

wn676 wrote:
1x LAX-HNL - 772 eff December-March
1x PHX-HNL - A333 eff December-March (replaces 2 757s)


Interesting moves for HNL - although somewhat logical given the excess widebody capacity in the winter.

United_fan wrote:
No issues with LIH's short runway for a 767 to DFW? I guess not.


I thought the same thing - will the 767 have to be weight restricted to make it off the LIH runway for the eastbound?

jfk777 wrote:
where are the LAX to SYD 77W going ?


Looks like DFW-GRU - appears these two routes are effectively swapping aircraft.
 
FSDan
Posts: 3348
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:38 pm

wn676 wrote:
JFK-GIG - 772 eff November
ORD-MAN - 75L eff September-January


These two will already be in place by June.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4185
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:59 pm

The 333 on PHX-HNL makes more sense than one of the normal winter 333 routes like PHL/CLT-SJU/CUN.
 
miaami
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:27 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Still no announcement on LAX-PEK. Hopefully AA gets the slot issue resolved soon.
 
grbauc
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:40 pm

usairways85 wrote:
The 333 on PHX-HNL makes more sense than one of the normal winter 333 routes like PHL/CLT-SJU/CUN.


Id fly backwards to get a 333 to HNL vs a 757 or A321 from LAX.
 
9w748capt
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:50 pm

I guess not shocked that the 77W is being pulled off LAX-SYD given how easy it was to upgrade that route. Just curious where will AA be redeploying that 77W? Maybe they can park it in HKG as insurance given the ridiculously unreliable HKG ops.

ETA: Nevermind saw commavia's post that the 77W is going back to GRU.
 
wn676
Topic Author
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 pm

grbauc wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
The 333 on PHX-HNL makes more sense than one of the normal winter 333 routes like PHL/CLT-SJU/CUN.


Id fly backwards to get a 333 to HNL vs a 757 or A321 from LAX.


You can also catch the 777 from LAX over the same period, although in Y you're looking at the dreaded 10-abreast configuration.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
phbfa
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:17 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:34 pm

wenders825 wrote:
wow, these are crazy:

DFW-GIG - reinstating old market with the right plane, more signs Brazil is improving
JFK-GIG has been a 772.
not surprising in the least that LAX-AKL/SYD are going 789. I gather SYD isn't doing as well, and AKL is doing far better than expected. good to balance out
PHX-HNL - this should've gone 333 ages ago. long overdue move and provides a far better product than the 767s from DFW.

the rest have been announced or close


Glad to see DFW-GIG come back with the right plane. The 763 was not the right product for the route.

Now with DL competing on the route, AA has to keep the 763 out of the JFKGIG flight to remain competitive. DL filed the request to the Brazilian authorities to fly JFK-GIG but surprisingly filed the paperwork stating that will operate the route with the 764 instead of the 763. Signs that DL believes this route can work and shows that JJ turned the market to the fastest bidder on a silver platter.
Faire le ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre est impossible sans le Concorde.
 
wenders825
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:43 pm

9w748capt wrote:
I guess not shocked that the 77W is being pulled off LAX-SYD given how easy it was to upgrade that route. Just curious where will AA be redeploying that 77W? Maybe they can park it in HKG as insurance given the ridiculously unreliable HKG ops.

ETA: Nevermind saw commavia's post that the 77W is going back to GRU.


LAX-SYD doesn't print money like a lot of people think it does. especially in comparison to LHR/HKG/GRU/EZE routes. it did much better with the Qantas JV, but without that...the 789 is the right move.

phbfa wrote:
wenders825 wrote:
wow, these are crazy:

DFW-GIG - reinstating old market with the right plane, more signs Brazil is improving
JFK-GIG has been a 772.
not surprising in the least that LAX-AKL/SYD are going 789. I gather SYD isn't doing as well, and AKL is doing far better than expected. good to balance out
PHX-HNL - this should've gone 333 ages ago. long overdue move and provides a far better product than the 767s from DFW.

the rest have been announced or close


Glad to see DFW-GIG come back with the right plane. The 763 was not the right product for the route.

Now with DL competing on the route, AA has to keep the 763 out of the JFKGIG flight to remain competitive. DL filed the request to the Brazilian authorities to fly JFK-GIG but surprisingly filed the paperwork stating that will operate the route with the 764 instead of the 763. Signs that DL believes this route can work and shows that JJ turned the market to the fastest bidder on a silver platter.

I swore AA was already flying JFK-GIG with a 772. but it's good they're going to remain competitive on that route. with 772s to EZE and GIG, and a 77W to GRU, JFK-South America is pretty solid on AA. LATAM of course handle the SCL/LIM flying.
 
nomorerjs
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:24 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:08 am

My pilot friend says ORD-MAN/DUB will go year round (except for holiday cancrlations). As heard on other threads, tumor is BA takes over ORD-MAN next year, but not JFK. Of course, this is from a crew member, so take it with a grain of salt.

With regards to new summer seasonal routes, "they are meeting expectations."

Finally, with the UA fallout, AA may upgauge some flights and bring back ORD-HNL. We shall see.
 
ripcordd
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2000 1:12 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 am

I don't see dfw-lih loaded but I think the runway would be to short but I'm not 100% correct...But if it is 6 daily dfw-hawaii flights is crazy and yet ORD can get a non stop to HNL a couple days a week?
 
airzona11
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:34 am

Great to see the A333 PHX-HNL. Still hoping 757s are replaced by 767s, tho I think they will be last 757 flights in AA network. Been on packed 757s PHX-HNL all times of the year, fun to see wide-bodies in PHX, and the market can support it.
 
Swadian
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:47 am

airzona11 wrote:
Great to see the A333 PHX-HNL. Still hoping 757s are replaced by 767s, tho I think they will be last 757 flights in AA network. Been on packed 757s PHX-HNL all times of the year, fun to see wide-bodies in PHX, and the market can support it.


Either those or the South American flights could be AA's last 757 routes.
 
grbauc
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:50 am

wn676 wrote:
grbauc wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
The 333 on PHX-HNL makes more sense than one of the normal winter 333 routes like PHL/CLT-SJU/CUN.


Id fly backwards to get a 333 to HNL vs a 757 or A321 from LAX.


You can also catch the 777 from LAX over the same period, although in Y you're looking at the dreaded 10-abreast configuration.


Oh nice I didn't know they run 777 seasonally part of the year. Last time I looked I remember it was all narrow body.
 
wenders825
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:16 am

nomorerjs wrote:
My pilot friend says ORD-MAN/DUB will go year round (except for holiday cancrlations). As heard on other threads, tumor is BA takes over ORD-MAN next year, but not JFK. Of course, this is from a crew member, so take it with a grain of salt.

With regards to new summer seasonal routes, "they are meeting expectations."

Finally, with the UA fallout, AA may upgauge some flights and bring back ORD-HNL. We shall see.

DUB going year round before AA begins to codeshare on EI routes is an extremely positive sign.

I'll be sort of surprised if BA takes over MAN, wouldn't AA's 787 be a better fit since they have crews ready to go out of ORD? I mean of course BA would use LHR but just thinking in that sense

ORD-HNL, even if not daily, would be a smart move. maybe it could run in the offseason ORD-FCO (the only 777 flight from ORD this summer) does not?
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:08 am

It always has surprised me that AA, the king of Latin America didn't serve Cartagena. Glad to see they do and I'm sure they can get a LA codeshare and traffic.
Interesting to see how DFW-GIG will do.

Anyone heard about W seat expansion? Future seat maps?
-Andrés Juánez
 
User avatar
N62NA
Posts: 4493
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:05 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:19 am

So... LAX-SYD no longer on the 77W. I wonder what that means for the MIA-LAX 77W, which continues on to SYD.
 
elisrosa80
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:24 am

Where are we getting the information that they are adding DFW-GIG? Haven't seen anything in the news or employee portal.
 
SJPBR
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:04 am

ahj2000 wrote:
Interesting to see how DFW-GIG will do.



With the Brazilian economy improving just a little it will work fine. It will cover all GIG-West of Mississipi market.
 
kondoo
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 4:34 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:33 am

elisrosa80 wrote:
Where are we getting the information that they are adding DFW-GIG? Haven't seen anything in the news or employee portal.


Since they are just announcing this, most likely it will be public this weekened
 
Eirules
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Is there any confirmation of ORD-DUB going year round? It's not bookable
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....
 
commavia
Posts: 11489
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:30 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:23 pm

ahj2000 wrote:
It always has surprised me that AA, the king of Latin America didn't serve Cartagena. Glad to see they do and I'm sure they can get a LA codeshare and traffic.


I, too, have long considered CTG arguably the largest single glaring gap in AA's South America network - maybe followed by ASU (but I get the challenges there). CTG is a large and growing tourism destination within relatively close proximity to MIA - this is a market I've long thought AA should be in. Plus, it's just an incredible city. So I'll be happy to see this new route confirmed.

On a related note, I wonder if AA will perhaps take this opportunity to reshuffle the schedules for its now-two nonstops to Colombia's Caribbean coast. It seems logical to schedule CTG as a day turn (late morning MIA departure, late afternoon MIA arrival) - similar to other leisure-oriented markets in the Caribbean basin. At the same time, AA could reschedule BAQ back to its "traditional" schedule before AA's hiatus in that market, with an evening MIA departure, BAQ RON, and BAQ morning return. That would also be more in line with the way AA schedules its other three Colombia routes - all typically always have, regardless of seasonal frequency swings, at least a daily evening MIA departure that RONs in Colombia.

SJPBR wrote:
It will cover all GIG-West of Mississipi market.


Not to mention that DFW would also offer excellent connectivity between GIG and Asia.

That said, I, too, will be interested to see how DFW-GIG does and whether it makes it this time around. The improved economics and product of the 788 vs 763 should help - but we'll see.
 
DFWandOMA
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:41 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:41 pm

We are currently booked on the AKL-LAX flight in December in Main Cabin Extra. Due to the 789 having a lot less Main Cabin Extra, I wonder if we could get moved to Premium Economy. Fingers crossed!
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6216
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:17 pm

AA's DFW hub has really become a beast. Only DL's ATL hub and LH's FRA hub seem more impressive in terms of a single airline hub.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!
 
PI4EVER
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:24 pm

DFWandOMA -
Premium economy is a different fare class than purchasing a Y ticket and buying MCE seats. Don't assume something that likely won't happen.
Once the seat map is loaded on your flight for the 789 go to AA.com and verify your seat assignments and/or call AA. Your may or may not be automatically assigned to MCE seats on the plane. If there are not sufficient seats in MCE, you'll be assigned seats in Y and the fees you've paid for MCE will be refunded. You will not be upgraded to Premium Economy for free.
AA will want lots more $$ for those seats.
watch what you want. you may get it.
 
commavia
Posts: 11489
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:30 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:33 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
AA's DFW hub has really become a beast.


I'm quite biased, of course - but I certainly completely agree. Looking back to what AA's DFW hub looked like at the time of Delta's DFW hub closure (2005) compared to today - it is remarkable how much growth and diversification has occurred, both domestically and internationally. I think it is a testament to AA's commitment to the market, the airport's shrewd management of costs, facility improvements and market development, and the continued growth of the North Texas region more broadly. DFW's demonstrated power to pull in connections from all across the U.S. - markets big and small - and distribute them, among each other and to a growing roster of nonstop international destinations, is definitely something to celebrate.
 
grbauc
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:57 pm

commavia wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
AA's DFW hub has really become a beast.


I'm quite biased, of course - but I certainly completely agree. Looking back to what AA's DFW hub looked like at the time of Delta's DFW hub closure (2005) compared to today - it is remarkable how much growth and diversification has occurred, both domestically and internationally. I think it is a testament to AA's commitment to the market, the airport's shrewd management of costs, facility improvements and market development, and the continued growth of the North Texas region more broadly. DFW's demonstrated power to pull in connections from all across the U.S. - markets big and small - and distribute them, among each other and to a growing roster of nonstop international destinations, is definitely something to celebrate.


I love the International Terminal D and the AA DFW Hub in general. I hope has they update the other terminals that they use it has a pattern. My Home airport Being LAX I most times Flyover or have direct options. On my upcoming AMS trip I was tempted to take the LAX/DFW/AMS option. However I went with LHR taking the W FC both ways options to burn a Cert to get in to first. On my Leisure/mileage run trips (Like AMS 4 day trip) I always try to get wide bodies and to go through new/big hubs has the airport/plane experience is part of my trip. DFW is my favorite AA hub and I'll be trying to use it more.

DFW and with the now banked Hub flights when I do go through DFW my layover is hardly long enough for me to enjoy and explore it like id like too. DFW>MIA>CLT>JFK>PHL/ORD/LAX>PHX are my order of AA Hubs I like. PIT and the folks in CLT are amazing and in the USAirways days were awesome.
 
GSP psgr
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2000 7:09 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:14 am

commavia wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:
It always has surprised me that AA, the king of Latin America didn't serve Cartagena. Glad to see they do and I'm sure they can get a LA codeshare and traffic.


I, too, have long considered CTG arguably the largest single glaring gap in AA's South America network - maybe followed by ASU (but I get the challenges there). CTG is a large and growing tourism destination within relatively close proximity to MIA - this is a market I've long thought AA should be in. Plus, it's just an incredible city. So I'll be happy to see this new route confirmed.

On a related note, I wonder if AA will perhaps take this opportunity to reshuffle the schedules for its now-two nonstops to Colombia's Caribbean coast. It seems logical to schedule CTG as a day turn (late morning MIA departure, late afternoon MIA arrival) - similar to other leisure-oriented markets in the Caribbean basin. At the same time, AA could reschedule BAQ back to its "traditional" schedule before AA's hiatus in that market, with an evening MIA departure, BAQ RON, and BAQ morning return. That would also be more in line with the way AA schedules its other three Colombia routes - all typically always have, regardless of seasonal frequency swings, at least a daily evening MIA departure that RONs in Colombia.


Agreed, surprised it took them this long to do it. I wonder if this will spell the end of Delta's ATL-CTG services, as AA will be taking a slice of the connecting traffic (along with a chunk of the South Florida O&D market).
 
BeachBoy
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:05 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:44 am

DFW-OGG also gets upgauged to a 772.
 
9w748capt
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:47 am

BeachBoy wrote:
DFW-OGG also gets upgauged to a 772.


Do share? Daily? which dates? That is also mighty impressive. The 2-class 77Es are perfect for HNL/OGG in my uninformed opinion.
 
wn676
Topic Author
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:29 am

9w748capt wrote:
BeachBoy wrote:
DFW-OGG also gets upgauged to a 772.


Do share? Daily? which dates? That is also mighty impressive. The 2-class 77Es are perfect for HNL/OGG in my uninformed opinion.


Daily from July 5th. Unsure of the end date at the moment but it appears it may run through at least the middle of August.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4185
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:21 am

wn676 wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
BeachBoy wrote:
DFW-OGG also gets upgauged to a 772.


Do share? Daily? which dates? That is also mighty impressive. The 2-class 77Es are perfect for HNL/OGG in my uninformed opinion.


Daily from July 5th. Unsure of the end date at the moment but it appears it may run through at least the middle of August.

It looks like the 772 operates through 8/21.
 
commavia
Posts: 11489
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:30 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Also new, starting 22 August: CLT-TOL and CLT-SHV, both operated by CR2
 
paulsaz
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:10 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:14 pm

elisrosa80 wrote:
Where are we getting the information that they are adding DFW-GIG? Haven't seen anything in the news or employee portal.


It is on newjet, under headlines.
All opinions are my own and do not reflect on my employer in any way.
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 pm

commavia wrote:
Also new, starting 22 August: CLT-TOL and CLT-SHV, both operated by CR2

:thumbsup: Toledo needed something to the East, and there are a few more dests in the Sputheast, especially in Louisiana that lack a Charlotte flight, forcing people to Dallas first.
-Andrés Juánez
 
braniff2hav
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:00 am

Do you have more details on the CLT-SHV e.g. frequency or times?
 
USAirALB
Posts: 2408
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:58 am

I'm biased because I live in CLT and I'm a big US fan-boy, but I have to say the operation at CLT has become rather impressive and robust over the past 7 years or so. There are a plethora of destinations served today that simply weren't served back in 2010, markets such as EYW/SMF/PDX/BTV. I get that the merger allowed AA/US to expand CLT-Midwest service.

The link is rather lengthy, but I drew up a GC Map of AA CLT Domestic service, and it is rather stunning (at least for me to look at): http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=clt-sea%2F ... =wls&DU=mi

The recent additions that didn't really work out for CLT are ABQ/TUS, both of which are long and thin.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 763ER, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388
 
OB1504
Posts: 3994
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:06 pm

commavia wrote:
I, too, have long considered CTG arguably the largest single glaring gap in AA's South America network - maybe followed by ASU (but I get the challenges there)


Although ASU was served more recently, from November 2012 thru March 2015.
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:08 pm

USAirALB wrote:
I'm biased because I live in CLT and I'm a big US fan-boy, but I have to say the operation at CLT has become rather impressive and robust over the past 7 years or so. There are a plethora of destinations served today that simply weren't served back in 2010, markets such as EYW/SMF/PDX/BTV. I get that the merger allowed AA/US to expand CLT-Midwest service.

The link is rather lengthy, but I drew up a GC Map of AA CLT Domestic service, and it is rather stunning (at least for me to look at): http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=clt-sea%2F ... =wls&DU=mi

The recent additions that didn't really work out for CLT are ABQ/TUS, both of which are long and thin.

I also live in the area (had a dividend miles account at two :) ) and that map shows all the awesome domestic growth AA and US have given us over the las to few years :)
(Now if only theyd give us some 788s for a Europe expansion...or bring back brazil)
-Andrés Juánez
 
pandanko677
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:39 pm

TYS got a recent bump to equipment to DFW

from
4x CRJ200
to
3x E175 (april-may)
to
2x CRJ7 (june on)
1x E175
1x CRJ9
 
commavia
Posts: 11489
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:30 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:51 pm

OB1504 wrote:
Although ASU was served more recently, from November 2012 thru March 2015.


Indeed. And of course before that, for the first go around, it saw a daily 767 via GRU for years. At this point, given structural economic and regulatory challenges, it doesn't seem like AA can make a nonstop MIA-ASU flight work, unfortunately. It would be cool to see AA try something like, say, add a tag onto BSB-ASU 3-4x per week, but that isn't going to happen. I don't believe - someone please correct me if I'm wrong - that AA has ever flown to CTG.

Beyond CTG and ASU, it would be cool to see AA try and make GEO work. And if AA and LATAM ever actually get an ATI/JV approved between the U.S. and Brazil, it would also be good to see AA and/or LATAM restore some more of the capacity between MIA and Northeast Brazil (REC and SSA in particular).

pandanko677 wrote:
TYS got a recent bump to equipment to DFW

from
4x CRJ200
to
3x E175 (april-may)
to
2x CRJ7 (june on)
1x E175
1x CRJ9


There will be a lot more of this continuing to happen. As more and more 50-seat RJs leave the AA system, lots of markets are going to be seeing upgauges. TYS-ORD is also going all 2-class (double daily CR7) for AA this summer.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:15 pm

I would like to see AA venture into MIA-COR, rumor had it they where lookkng ay serving this city with 757 equipment. Seems like a rather long flight with the 757.
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
TheGeordielad
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: AA Upcoming Schedule/Equipment Changes

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Is MAN AA54/55(I believe) still a 788 From may to August?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos