Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MIflyer12

Re: Why many flight attendant in the US are very not customer friendly?

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm

stlgph wrote:
Let's just get to the point. When you make a miserable salary, you're a miserable person.

That's not it. Point to the correlation study that identifies 'service incidents' with starting employees. Top of scale (and there are lots of top of scale employees at AA/DL/UA because of low avg system growth rates in the last decade) is actually pretty good pay. Overheard from a senior AA FA - 'I have a $72K a year part-time job. I couldn't get this anywhere else.'

DaveFly

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:31 pm

As everyone else has said, my experience with U.S. carriers has been very good overall. On every airline....well, except for USAir! Some FAs are wonderful, most are simply professional and want to get the job done. A tiny minority are hostile. I've flown on some European airlines too; I don't think they're any better or worse. Same with CSRs.....usually very helpful and cooperative. Except for USAir, again. They were just awful, across the board. But it's these crazy stories you see on the news that create a picture that really doesn't exist.
L1011,DC8,DC9,DC10,MD80/90
A300,A319,320,321,330,340,
CRJ,E135/45/190,
DH8,Avro85,DHBeaver,AstarHelo,F100,ATR42

sadiqutp

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:42 pm

I am no expert by any mean, but these are my observations:
1- The domestic airline industry in the US is very strong, and with all the recent mergers, and exclusive routes, running the airline as efficient and profitable as possible comes at a much higher priority than taking care of a good customer service experience. couple that with the fact that FA's job is really stressful, and incidents escalate much quicker than other places
2- from my experience, US citizens in general have very strong feeling of entitlement (Not everyone of course), which makes the relationship between passengers and FAs touchy when things do not go as planned.
3- I found that ground and terminal crew tend to be very rude and impolite, add that to the horrible experience of going through TSA checks, and the result is some high-tempered passengers will explode at the slightest of reason on the plane. who has to deal with them? FAs

mcdu

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:43 pm

stlgph wrote:
Let's just get to the point. When you make a miserable salary, you're a miserable person.

Is the salary a surprise? Were you misled into joining at a salary you didn't expect?

I don't believe salary should equal work ethic. You are either a hard worker or you aren't. No matter how much you make a miserable person is still miserable.

oceanvikram

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:48 pm

I have flown on both United and American Airlines and have travelled to many time to the US. I have noticed that in the States, there is a cultural expectation and in some cases mandatory, that customers have to tip for services rendered. (I can understand why this is the case since the minimum pay is low and the tips supplement the salary.) If we start tipping the cabin crew of American based airlines, maybe that is the a way the services would improve.

I have travelled to Canada many times and know that they have a similar tipping culture but have not flown any of the Canadian based airlines so I can not comment on their service.
My comments are based as an aviation enthusiast first, then as a passenger who paid for his own ticket, after that a passenger on a business trip and finally an armchair CEO.

knope2001

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:59 pm

I suspect cultural differences are part of the reason, but maybe not in the way one would think.

The expected service standard for global airlines…especially when being evaluated by western media….is not necessarily the same as the culture many people grow up with. Something as fundamental as smiling at someone you don’t know is considered friendly and welcoming in the west, but in some other customs it’s considered out of place and even suspicious., Kind of like how most westerners would feel if a stranger handed them a nominal amount of cash.

If you’re from a culture where your native norms of hospitality are different than what global airlines suspect, you may excel at the western standard of service because it’s a learned behavior, almost like a procedure to be mastered. But in places like the US we think of good service as stemming from an innate personality trait and a general sense of happiness. An earlier comment suggesting it’s a training issue probably rang hollow to many western ears. We tend to think of good service relying on hiring happy people and keeping them happy, not a matter of mastering a skill which requires training.

I think that explains partly why non-western airlines often excel at the global expectation of service, which is decidedly western. Kind of a paradox.

Of course that’s not the only factor. If your company is continually shaving down tangible aspects of “service” you could hire a harem of genies and still have a mediocre reputation. And humans need motivation to do their best, something any company anywhere can screw up, be it respect, compensation, autonomy, etc. But I do think there’s a different perspective on service which is cultural, and it’s more than simple broad-brush sexist stereotypes on what parts of the world have “nicer” women. Global service standards have a western eye, and in the west we think it’s something you’re born with only lose if you’re unhappy. In other parts of the world, perhaps because western standards differ from the cultural norm, I think it’s viewed more as a skill to learn.

airbazar

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:17 pm

stlgph wrote:

I disagree 100%. The people at the counter at my local sub shop or coffee shop are always extremely courteous and polite to me and to every customer so salary has absolutely nothing to do with it. Asian airline employees don't make that much money either. Personally I think it's both cultural and training.
At some point in the 80's airline personnel stopped putting customer satisfaction first and became too tied to the rules and regulations of the job. They even changed their job description from "steward/stewardess" to flight attendant to better represent their "new" role. It just kept going downhill from there.
Even the nicest and more courteous of personnel change their attitude at the slightest bit of a challenge. I think that comes down to hiring people with the correct mindset, and to training, especially on how to deal with stressful situations. Just because you know how to type on a keyboard doesn't mean you should be a gate agent, or just because you can open/close and aircraft door and tell people to evacuated you should be a flight attendant. These are customer facing positions first and foremost so people skills and knowing how to deal with all kinds of people should be priority number one, but what do I know? :)

gia777
Topic Author

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:35 pm

if you don't like your job then simply don't take one. You have to love the job, it's not about the money. Money do important, but if your heart and passion are not in the job you are about to enter then don't take it, no matter how much money you will get but you don't like the job. How much money do u think flight attendant in asia are making? they are far lower than in US and yet they simply do the job better.
Cheers,

GIA777 :coffee:

dtw2hyd

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:47 pm

knope2001 wrote:
I suspect cultural differences are part of the reason, but maybe not in the way one would think.

Its not much to do with cultural differences and more to do with liability insurance and age of the crew.

You won't see an FA in South East Asia standing there and watching a Mom with two kids and huge back pack trying to settle down on her own (or) a eighty year old struggling to lift cabin baggage into overhead bin. Liability insurance won't permit crew doing such things and age doesn't help either.
All posts are just opinions.

alfa164

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:51 pm

kimimm19 wrote:
I think it's a case of a few things. Firstly, FAs are generally romtanicized positions of essentially working your way around the world. This of course exempts the rude people, long hairs, being away from family, and jetlag. Now turning to your question, I think people in America in service roles are less professional in general in relation to the rest of the world. Whether this be on an aircraft, in an airport, in a restaurant, etc... I don't know if this is first world problems going on, but people in America (and in the UK) bring their lives and entitlement to work, in my opinion and experience (far more than any other country). You never have such attitude or rudeness on European Airlines or airports, other than them being cold sometimes. I think it's a culture thing quite honestly. Add to that, many of the FAs in America are older in the legacy airlines (mainline at least) and I would think they already have bad attitudes towards customers anyway after years of dealing with American customers in particular.

I think you have a good start at seeing the differences, but I believe much of the main difference is with the labor laws of the individual countries - particularly the difference between the USA and Asia.

FA's often seek out those jobs because they are romanticized positions... only to find out later that there is a lot of drudgery and sacrifice involved. Many times they stay on just because they don't see any likelihood of finding another job... and after years and years, lethargy and disappointment shows.

In the USA, age discrimination is not allowed; those crew members can stay almost as long as they want to work. Compare that to many Asian countries, where flight attendants can be hired, then let-go after only a few years - before they reach the point of disappointment and lethargy. Just look and see how many "older" flight attendants you see on KE, for instance; their flights are filled with young and not-yet-cynical staff.

This isn't the only reason for the perception; in truth, I have received outstanding service from older crew members on many flights. But it is easy to perceive that outgoing happiness and enthusiasm equates to great service... and that is the perception that Asian airlines, in particular, project best.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

dash400

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:55 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
rbavfan wrote:
So as a 1K flyer you think they treat Coach passengers the same? They know your a 1K before you board and will go beyond to make you happy as well as most in first or business. The back of the plane they worry less about the passengers these days.

I'm a former 1K. I still fly quite often, but I quit chasing status a couple of years ago. Even without status, there hasn't been some marked change in treatment towards me regardless of which cabin I fly. I've generally found that if you're friendly to them, they're friendly back...it doesn't matter who you are or what your status may be.

EXACTLY !! It's just common sense and human decency - - if you treat someone nice, you get same treatment back. I am a 17-year Major Airline (US3) flight attendant and have seen the decline in service and staffing from my and other airlines (especially right after 9/11 and bankruptcy) - but these last couple of years things have been improving quite well on our industry (I do wish we would staff with more crew, though!) and seen a much more upbeat attitude within my work group. But the bottom line is that if you treat someone nicely , wherever you happen to be a customer , the same treatment will be applied to you. I sometimes comp alcohol or snacks to someone who is nice, smiling or funny - years ago I even used to upgrade to roomier Economy or even Business Class!! It's all common decency....and yes - - airlines need to return staffing levels onboard to what it needs to be.

pasu129

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 pm

delta747tlv wrote:
Why many customer in the US are very not flight attendant friendly?

You, sir, said a mouthful right there! People will have to understand the recent UA & AA incidents are individual cases and do not represent the entirety of commercial aviation industry in US. One ought to remember, you receive what you give.

I have had a chance at ATL, the busiest airport in the World, where my flight with AA were delayed for 3hrs, ahead of me were a bunch of business travelers going to ORD, but due to weather (which is out of control of the airline, and the gate agent) inbound flights were all delayed causing a ripple effect. The business travelers in front of me were all breathing down the gate agent's neck yelling at the poor girl for the delay. When it was my turn with her, first thing I said was "I'm so sorry how you were treated. I understand it is not your fault, but I would like to get home today and sleep in my own bed tonight, is there any way you can put me on another flight or even another airline so I can get home? Everything you do would be appreciated." I can honestly tell the gate agent was almost in tears for someone's understanding. All westbound flights from ATL with AA were full. In the end, not only I have gotten a flight home, but was also put on DL First with nonstop flight even earlier than my original arrival time (though my checked bag didn't arrive until the next day but I was able to get home) which I am forever grateful.

The people who usually takes care of our travels, are the most vulnerable to abuse and unappreciated comments. We have to remember, these are also human beings who have emotions and feelings. Just because one bad apple does not reflect on the entire industry. Don't ever tell anyone you never had a bad day at work.

A little politeness goes a long way.
Viva Las Vegas

TC957

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:37 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Just like any other business you have to treat your employees well for them to take care of your customers.

Post 9/11 with bankruptcies, contract negotiations, constant layoffs, cuts in perks employees are under constant worry about their jobs. If you don't know whether you will have a job tomorrow, it is difficult to treat your customer nicely.

Airline finances improved drastically but not employee conditions. Entire aviation industry became border line minimum wage.

Indeed - pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

N766UA

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:56 pm

You get what you give. Many pax are selfish, rude, discourteous, unfriendly, et. al. Deal with enough of these kinds of people day in and day out and imagine how you'd feel.

usdcaguy

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 pm

In the US, you are culturally expected to maintain "credibility" when dealing with others. If you are seen as submissive, giving in, letting the other win or otherwise losing ground, the other will take full advantage and exploit any opening they can find to get more out of you. This happens among certain Europeans as well, but they do it much more respectfully. As a result of the credibility conundrum, big-city Americans generally strive to look tough in the face of adversity and will attack any hint of injustice. As a result, pax can be rude, mean and arrogant when they complain, so FAs end up adopting a steely public facade that may seem unfriendly. They unfortunately have little choice in the matter if they want to maintain credibility.

ckfred

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Part of the problem is that there are a lot of older F/As. It wasn't until a flight in March of 2016 that I had an F/A on American who appeared to be under the age of 30. The last time I had an F/A that young on AA was in the late 1990s.

UPS Pilot

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:31 pm

The author is correct about US Flight Attendants. What I find to is the difference between carriers regarding FAA Regs too. The level of service has really diminished with airline mergers in the US. I could always tell when US Airways took over America West that the crew was US Airways or America West. The America West crews were very friendly were the US Airways crews not so much. it was a big difference in attitude.

Southwest crews use to be great. Their attitudes really have diminished over the years. The looks I see them give passengers when boarding could melt steel. Their boarding process is their own fault. The attendants get frustrated with the passengers and carry ons. Most of the time I see the attendants playing on their phones than doing their jobs. I can't figure out how some of them can fit thru emergency exit doors if needed.

Its a shame that the industry that employees took pride in their work has diminished to taking the subway or bus. I remember flying use to be an event. It was an experience. Now you are sardine canned in and lucky to get 6 oz of something to drink and some pretzels.

Breathe

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:38 pm

I must admit, after the folklore I've been told about airlines in the USA having rude FA's I was somewhat apprehensive of taking 6 flights with AA/AS last year. In the end they were all very pleasant, polite and professional. Some of them even had a laugh and joke with myself and other passengers.

Without sounding like an apologist, with some of the quite rightly unacceptable behaviour that has been in the news recently, with literially 10's of thousands of staff working for these airlines you're sadly always going to get some bad eggs that get through.

In fact, the rudest staff I've/my friend have ever encountered is with AF!

Flighty

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Individual people may behave unacceptably. I think it is an issue. They feel they have the right to that job for life. It boils down to CSM culture. You have to take the bad apples out of circulation. Sometimes the most senior people. As you can imagine, that is nearly impossible.

I think most FAs are good or great, but 5% are detrimental in terms of their behavior, so frequently that they should be transitioned out.

Also, there is the issue that if you hire solely based on attractiveness at age 20, by age 55, you may be wishing you hired differently. When doubt, choose the considerate, dutiful candidate, not the looker.

UpNAWAy

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:20 pm

I agree with most of the things here, the numbers of grump FAs is overall very small.
I wlll disagree on pay as a reason. In fact they may be paid too well. Its once reason they are still working after 20-40+ years on the front line. They could move to another job in the airline or to another industry, but most likely would take big pay cuts and have less flexible work hours. Most of us could not do Customer Service type job for that long and still be great all the time.
But I think things will improve as a bunch of new hires are now entering the market in significant numbers for the first time in really twenty plus years.

vanguard737

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:38 pm

AWACSooner wrote:
delta747tlv wrote:
Why many customer in the US are very not flight attendant friendly?

You, sir, win this thread!

:lol: Agreed!
319 320 321 359 717 722 732 733 735 73G 738 739 744 748 752 753 763 764 772 773 788 789 781 DC9 DC10 MD80 B1900 S340 E120 E145 E170 E175 CRJ CR7

PlanesNTrains

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:04 pm

mcdu wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Is the salary a surprise? Were you misled into joining at a salary you didn't expect?

I don't believe salary should equal work ethic. You are either a hard worker or you aren't. No matter how much you make a miserable person is still miserable.

Having been in the service industry all my life, I have worked with so many great people who make lower wages but do their jobs exceptionally well. The key is to know what you are getting into and to be ready to move on when it becomes too much. I don't have the attitude of "If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!" because frankly it is very challenging to put on a happy face and keep a positive outlook day in and day out when confronted with the expectations of some of these jobs. I do agree, though, that if it's clearly not working, then you should be adult enough to make the move to something else.

With the FA position, it is usually a union position and so wages and work schedules early on will be worse, but will get better as you go. This helps somewhat but does obviously encourage those who aren't cut out for it to stick around for more money and better flight privileges. That can be a double edged sword. It's certainly not a bad gig though if you are ok with the challenges. Long layovers in PVR, getting to somewhat choose your schedule as you gain tenure, decent benefits - not a bad gig at all.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:05 pm

oceanvikram wrote:
I have flown on both United and American Airlines and have travelled to many time to the US. I have noticed that in the States, there is a cultural expectation and in some cases mandatory, that customers have to tip for services rendered. (I can understand why this is the case since the minimum pay is low and the tips supplement the salary.) If we start tipping the cabin crew of American based airlines, maybe that is the a way the services would improve.

I have travelled to Canada many times and know that they have a similar tipping culture but have not flown any of the Canadian based airlines so I can not comment on their service.

I'd be against that for sure. Just my personal opinion though.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

Planesmart

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Customer service ethics come from the top down, and as many posters have pointed out, if the CEO's focus is 'profit at any cost', that means looking after staff and customers isn't up there.

A golden rule, is if staff aren't the CEO's top priority, then guess what, the staff priority won't be customers.

If you look after staff, and they in turn customers, loyalty and profits follow. Unfortunately, most CEO's Key Result Areas are short term financial goals, with little weight attributed to staff and customer satisfaction.

Spinning it around, CEO's don't always start with the best ingredients when they take office. More than 20 years ago, a US-based airline undertook a staff satisfaction survey, using an international accounting firm, with which I was involved at the time. It was to be a blind survey, with the airline never seeing the survey forms (yes forms), nothing on the forms to identify individuals, and no results to be provided which identified the smallest regional centres, where staff numbers were small enough to start working out, who said what.

Naturally, the company wanted to know if they could issue the survey forms, presumably so they could be marked, and get them back after the research was completed. That didn't happen.

Over 70% of respondents (and that too was over 70% which was considered very high, especially as management were included, and are notoriously distrustful and unlikely to respond), indicated they didn't enjoy serving or working with customers, and their employment choice was influenced by perks and by family members who wanted access to perks, and/or by family members that got them the job.

If still working in the industry, add twenty plus years, together with even more indifferent management, and you have some very demotivated staff, looking forward to a very uncertain retirement.

That's why, even if it's going to be acquired, merge, or be the acquirer, culture is a massive part of the long-term value of a business. Of course in the last decade, I've been proven wrong, because instead of investing in staff, you just replace them with cheap imports.

Adipasquale

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:31 pm

In the past year, I've flown all three US majors, plus some of their regional affiliates, B6, AC, JQ, and CI all in Y, and I can't say I noticed much difference in service. I'm a DL FF (don't have any status though at the moment) so I might be a little biased, but of the US airlines I find their service to be the best. That's not to say UA and AA are much worse, I've never had an interaction with any FA (even with regionals) that put a bad taste in my mouth. I would imagine the reason for the negativity is that the US3 are so large that just because of scale there are bound to be more incidents with unfriendly FAs.
DH8A DH8B CR1 CR2 CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E75 E90 D93 M88 318 319 320 321 333 343 712 732 733 734 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77L 77W

jsnww81

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 pm

PlanesNTrains wrote:
With the FA position, it is usually a union position and so wages and work schedules early on will be worse, but will get better as you go. This helps somewhat but does obviously encourage those who aren't cut out for it to stick around for more money and better flight privileges. That can be a double edged sword. It's certainly not a bad gig though if you are ok with the challenges. Long layovers in PVR, getting to somewhat choose your schedule as you gain tenure, decent benefits - not a bad gig at all.

I think this is a bigger factor than a lot of folks think. I'm not anti-union by any means, but they've taken a position that was meant to be something young women and men did for a few years, and turned it into a "career." The word "career" implies advancement, acquisition of new skills, and personal growth over time. Do flight attendants get those things? I'm sure they do to some degree, but it's not a role that requires the same amount of skill evolution as, say, an educator or a financial analyst or a marketer.

When a position doesn't allow for much personal development or advancement based on merit, the only real way to advance and reward people is based on seniority, which the airlines and their unions have chosen to do. It's probably the most fair way to do it, but it means, as PlanesNTrains points out, that you wind up with a lot of "clock punchers" slogging away for decades, waiting for the golden rewards of a better schedule or the chance to work international or move to a preferred base city. Some of them are exceptional and friendly even after years of doing the same thing. Some are truly bitter and unfriendly and are terrible brand ambassadors who feel they're owed a living by their employer. The vast majority land somewhere in between - delivering service just within expectations, not unpleasant, but not with much friendliness either.

When you have a workforce of thousands of people doing essentially the same things, day in and day out, for years on end, that's about the best you can hope for.

ILUVDC10S

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 pm

NWA's Flight attendants to me were the best in the business. BOS based crews and I were on first name basis. one attendant was so kind to offer me a destination guide out of her bag for one of my Europe trips I thank her and returned it to her husband who worked at a nearby airport.
A DTW based Flight attendant gave me the idea of adding Bounce fabric sheets to my shoes to keep them fresh. I have no problem with Flight Attendants generally, I have a friend which happened to be my RA from a Rhode Island University who is a Flight Attendant for a feeder carrier- Hey M I need a lockout LOL.
AA Flight attendants are awesome too
Internationally KLM & Qantas flight attendants are the best International Flight Attendants for International Flag Carriers. By the way KLM Flight attendants should be training the rest of the world on how to perform quick and professional in flight service. Yws I know you have a hard job to do I get that and respect that fully.

silentbob

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:28 pm

I flew with a regional carrier for nearly a decade and on virtually every flight, there was someone that was verbally abusive from the moment they entered the aircraft. On the good days, it was only one or two people. On the bad days, it was absolutely miserable. There is a segment of the population that feels slighted over the smallest things and then takes it out on everyone around them. In other cases, you have people that feel empowered to be abusive, knowing that employees can't respond in kind. Being subjected to that day in and day out can wear out crew members, I know it did to me and to my friends. I'm not making an excuse for anyone, employees should always strive for a high level of professionalism. Frankly, some need to try a little harder, I totally agree with that.

There's no doubt that airline policies have helped create a lot of the animosity from passengers. However, an even larger contributor is the prevalence of people only concerned with their wants and needs at this instant. It's understandable to be disappointed that there isn't any diet coke. However, it's not acceptable to berate and insult the person who ha to relay that information to you. Being frustrated by having to gate check a 25" "carry on" when boarding your "puddle jumper" flight out of your town of 15,000 people is entirely reasonable. Demanding that you be permitted to bring is on simply because you don't wish to be mildly inconvenienced, is not reasonable. Threatening the job of the person who has to enforce the policy, just makes you a miserable human being.

Sadly, too many people equate quality with permissiveness when it comes to cabin crew. In reality, the ones that are able to politely tell you no are the real pros. If you don't understand why, just ask. Unfortunately, the more common approach when people hear no is to challenge the intelligence/competence/aesthetics/knowledge/ability of the person telling them no. The whole thing goes a lot more smoothly if everyone actually tries to be nice to each other.

Zkpilot

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:31 pm

I would have to agree that in general (repeat - in general - not all) FA's in the US do have a lower standard of customer service than in many other countries.
FAs in the US also tend to be older on average than most other countries (correlation?).
A lot of it from my perspective comes down from airline management (cost cutting etc) which obviously has an effect.
I do think that in the last couple of years things have been improving but still aren't at a level they should be at.
One example I will give (do have others) is that on a recent USA domestic flight (airline to remain anonymous) the FA asked me to move seats (I was in the 2nd to last row so moved forward to the 4th to last row, and to move my bag - the lockers were empty and her bag was up already). No problem doing that - happy to comply no issue. Then I saw why... she wanted to be able to sit down at the back by herself and spent most of the flight on her phone texting. It wasn't a busy flight and I don't personally mind if crew check their phones but this example just goes to show the kinds of attitudes that are out there.
It is a tough job (maybe not back breaking manual labour - but things like jetlag, being away, customer service role etc do make it fairly unique).
I also agree with other posts that perhaps part of it is America itself. That is to say that customer service in the USA can be very - low (unless tips are involved in which case you can get outstanding service). I would lump AC in with UA/AA/DL too, Canadians are normally very friendly and helpful however on AC I have found a general disinterest in the crew.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

PEK777

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:21 am

Also, they are often old, out of shape, and rude, especially on UA. I was 1k and got charged $75 for a can of beer on transpacific flight. The granny could not see what she entered into the credit card device. Average age on delta at least is below 50.