Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
clrd4t8koff
Topic Author
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:55 pm

No, no, no! I don't care what's happening. A pilot never has a reason to hit a female (or male) passenger!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailyn ... -1.3116907
 
PanzerPowner
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:58 pm

When it's a cat fight in a hub, i think this is better than grabbing airport security, getting the tazer and getting them both down.
Well uh, I obviously decided to refine this but i dont know how.
 
grbauc
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Oh for hecks sake the drama these days. He was trying to break the fight up how ever not in a good way. It wasn't even a punch it was him trying to break the grip of one of the fighters off the other so they can break the fight up... No need for a 100 page lets all weigh are judgement on the situation tread..
 
clrd4t8koff
Topic Author
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:00 pm

PanzerPowner wrote:
When it's a cat fight in a hub, i think this is better than grabbing airport security, getting the tazer and getting them both down.


No! The plane was on the ground and at the gate. A pilot had no right to HIT a woman regardless of what was happening. That's what's security/law enforcement is for.
 
BravoOne
Posts: 4094
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Typical scum that fly's around on the airlines these days.
 
Sightseer
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:04 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 pm

This must've happened some time ago if the pilot has already been suspended and reinstated, as the article says.
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 1739
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
No, no, no! I don't care what's happening. A pilot never has a reason to hit a female (or male) passenger!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailyn ... -1.3116907


IMO depends on the situation. To prevent another in-flight 9/11, be it male or female, matters will be taken into one's own hands (literally). The ATL jetway scuffle depicted in the video, on the other hand, could have waited for airport security. As the pilot has been reprieved of this incident per the article, I'm thinking DL and other airlines will develop policies to better clarify handling incidences like this.
 
Varsity1
Posts: 2284
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Just wait till you're stuck with them for 12 hours. You can thank Norwegian for that.
 
727200
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:18 pm

I knew DL turn was coming up. Now lets see who is next B6? Or maybe WN, especially if you see who fly's on them?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19644
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:19 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Typical scum that fly's around on the airlines these days.


They still pay the wages. Get over it.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
FlyUSAir
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:26 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:22 pm

727200 wrote:
I knew DL turn was coming up. Now lets see who is next B6? Or maybe WN, especially if you see who fly's on them?


Nah, it will be either NK or F9.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400
 
sadiqutp
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:31 pm

The drama is just insane these days :banghead:

The captain might have no business to be involved, but to ignore the obscene behavior by the passengers and turn the spotlight into the captain who clearly just wanted to break up the fight is nothing short of ridiculous
 
usflyguy
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:29 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:44 pm

727200 wrote:
maybe WN, especially if you see who fly's on them?


Well, it happened on UA, DL, and AA already so that tells you more about their class of passenger than anything.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.
 
777PHX
Posts: 962
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:36 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:50 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
Just wait till you're stuck with them for 12 hours. You can thank Norwegian for that.


They don't seem to have any trouble affording the legacy carriers as it is....
 
NorthTerminal
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:53 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
No! The plane was on the ground and at the gate. A pilot had no right to HIT a woman regardless of what was happening. That's what's security/law enforcement is for.


:rotfl:

Yeah, let security hit the passenger, that's what they're there for ;)

I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, but I just couldn't help myself.
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 15765
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Wonder if alcohol played a part here, it's odd behavior.
“Don't be a show-off. Never be too proud to turn back. There are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old, bold pilots.” E. Hamilton Lee, 1949
 
BravoOne
Posts: 4094
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:35 pm

scbriml wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
Typical scum that fly's around on the airlines these days.


They still pay the wages. Get over it.


Get over what? These problem effect everyone, even guys (?) like you. Get over it yourself .
 
Planetalk
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 pm

This thread is hilarious. And eye opening, how dare the working classes fly!!! Some of you have as little class as the guys in the video. In any case some of the worst behaviour you'll ever see in planes is from self entitled first/business passengers. Generally the working class tend to be a much more humble, friendly and easy going bunch, and certainly a lot more fun to be around. And without the desperate need to reassure themselves of their superiority. What is that about by the way? Insecure that maybe you don't deserve what you have, that it wasn't by merit but luck? That's what the statistics say by the way, but maybe you're all the exceptions.

Oh look, I can throw around baseless stereotypes too!
 
Planetalk
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:41 pm

BravoOne wrote:
scbriml wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
Typical scum that fly's around on the airlines these days.


They still pay the wages. Get over it.


Get over what? These problem effect everyone, even guys (?) like you. Get over it yourself .


Err, what problem exactly? That flying isn't just for rich people? I bet you're fun at a party.
 
TerminalD
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Planetalk wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
scbriml wrote:

They still pay the wages. Get over it.


Get over what? These problem effect everyone, even guys (?) like you. Get over it yourself .


Err, what problem exactly? That flying isn't just for rich people? I bet you're fun at a party.

Yes, let's blame low fares and competition for airport brawls. Keep the poor away from the rich as god intended, right? lol
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19644
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:54 pm

BravoOne wrote:
These problem effect everyone, even guys (?) like you. Get over it yourself .


Maybe they affect guys(?) like you, but not me. :wave:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Just a reminder to users: racist comments are not tolerated in any form on this site. It is irrelevant to this story with regards to civil aviation what race or background the women involved come from; the story is about the pilot's actions and the company response, so please keep that in mind when posting.

✈️ atcsundevil
 
FlyUSAir
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:26 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Typical scum that fly's around on the airlines these days.


Agreed.

Also, typical a.net bashing the pilot who did absolutely nothing wrong.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19644
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:04 pm

FlyUSAir wrote:
Also, typical a.net bashing the pilot who did absolutely nothing wrong.


So a man slapping a woman is OK where you come from? :eyepopping:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
PanzerPowner
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:04 pm

I wonder how many more of these incidents until A net gets sick of it and stops trying to bring it up as a worthy discussion.
Well uh, I obviously decided to refine this but i dont know how.
 
flymia
Posts: 7131
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 6:33 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:06 pm

This is ridiculous. This is the world we live in now, just click bait headlines and racist comments. Pilot did nothing wrong, these days it's all about taking a camera out and doing nothing. One women was held in a choke hold. Pilot tried to resolve the situation, unlike anyone else there.

Ridiculous media coverage and ridiculous thread title.

What's happened to the world.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)
 
FlyUSAir
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:26 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:07 pm

scbriml wrote:
FlyUSAir wrote:
Also, typical a.net bashing the pilot who did absolutely nothing wrong.


So a man slapping a woman is OK where you come from? :eyepopping:


When they are a threat to another person/property or pose a security risk, absolutely.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400
 
nikeherc
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm with the pilot. It's a shame he didn't have some mace or pepper spray. Thank goodness this happened on the jetway.
DC6 to 777 and most things in between
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19644
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:10 pm

FlyUSAir wrote:
When they are a threat to another person/property or pose a security risk, absolutely.


Ah, the old "security risk" BS. :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
ozark1
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:38 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:21 pm

What a pathetic society we are . If the pilot had just ignored it all, it would be "DELTA PILOT IGNORES FIGHT!!". Keep on with your National Enquirer like beliefs.
 
User avatar
stasisLAX
Posts: 2968
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:04 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:58 pm

ozark1 wrote:
What a pathetic society we are . If the pilot had just ignored it all, it would be "DELTA PILOT IGNORES FIGHT!!". Keep on with your National Enquirer like beliefs.


Exactly what I just said to my friend who is cabin crew for AA. Sometimes, other then to ask "Is everything okay?" --- there's not much airline personnel can do, especially on the ground/gate. That's up to airport security to usually handle the situation. Obviously, one or both of the women were under the influence of "something"
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:08 am

scbriml wrote:
FlyUSAir wrote:
Also, typical a.net bashing the pilot who did absolutely nothing wrong.


So a man slapping a woman is OK where you come from? :eyepopping:


It's sexist to think it's not ok......I think.......society confuses me.!
 
User avatar
precure787
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:28 am

Things are just as bad as the UA's leggings-gate and seat-gate. Now Delta faces bathroom-gate and pilot-gate?! From the perspective of many travelers, flying with airlines has more become of a nightmare due to poor Passenger-Crew relations throughout the year.
Edward Zen/Precure 787
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2957
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:29 am

sadiqutp wrote:
The drama is just insane these days :banghead:

The captain might have no business to be involved, but to ignore the obscene behavior by the passengers and turn the spotlight into the captain who clearly just wanted to break up the fight is nothing short of ridiculous


With the exception of the United debacle, these incidents happen more often than we care to think its just that the main stream news media is now writing about all of these insane incidents.
 
jagraham
Posts: 1175
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:42 am

scbriml wrote:
FlyUSAir wrote:
Also, typical a.net bashing the pilot who did absolutely nothing wrong.


So a man slapping a woman is OK where you come from? :eyepopping:


You would rather the employees stand by and do nothing until the cops show up???
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:57 am

jumbojet wrote:
sadiqutp wrote:
The drama is just insane these days :banghead:

The captain might have no business to be involved, but to ignore the obscene behavior by the passengers and turn the spotlight into the captain who clearly just wanted to break up the fight is nothing short of ridiculous


With the exception of the United debacle, these incidents happen more often than we care to think its just that the main stream news media is now writing about all of these insane incidents.


Really? The lady getting dragged down the aisle of a Delta jet a few months ago in DTW wasn't similar to the United incident???

Com'on man!!!!

Jumbo it's ok buddy not everything needs to be compared to United. But I agree this stuff is very common because society is falling apart. Adults are forgettting how to be grown ups and are acting like children. Civilized society is crumbling and it's being caught in Camara. Whether it's Dao acting like a spoiled entitled brat, a woman crying because she couldn't get her way with a stroller, a grown man that doesn't know when to go to the bathroom or 2 women having a brawl in a jet bridge. Adults no longer have any respect for authority or themselves........that's the sad truth in all of this.
 
ASQ400
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:00 am

usflyguy wrote:
727200 wrote:
maybe WN, especially if you see who fly's on them?


Well, it happened on UA, DL, and AA already so that tells you more about their class of passenger than anything.

Shows you how the premium you pay for legacy carriers doesn't buy better people. At this point the Legacies in the US are honestly just dragging by because they have deep roots (facilities, experience, alliances)
TLV, BRU, ZRH, CDG, FRA, EWR, JFK, DEN, SFO, AUS, RNO, SEA, YYC, YYZ, IAH, ATL, IAD, DCA, ORD, SJC, SNA
 
Planetalk
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:41 am

CriticalPoint wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
sadiqutp wrote:
The drama is just insane these days :banghead:

The captain might have no business to be involved, but to ignore the obscene behavior by the passengers and turn the spotlight into the captain who clearly just wanted to break up the fight is nothing short of ridiculous


With the exception of the United debacle, these incidents happen more often than we care to think its just that the main stream news media is now writing about all of these insane incidents.


Really? The lady getting dragged down the aisle of a Delta jet a few months ago in DTW wasn't similar to the United incident???

Com'on man!!!!

Jumbo it's ok buddy not everything needs to be compared to United. But I agree this stuff is very common because society is falling apart. Adults are forgettting how to be grown ups and are acting like children. Civilized society is crumbling and it's being caught in Camara. Whether it's Dao acting like a spoiled entitled brat, a woman crying because she couldn't get her way with a stroller, a grown man that doesn't know when to go to the bathroom or 2 women having a brawl in a jet bridge. Adults no longer have any respect for authority or themselves........that's the sad truth in all of this.


Yes it's all the passengers fault and never authority?! Are you really that subservient to any kind of authority? Seems to be a comment trait in a lot of posts from USA lately and it's quite alarming, as it goes with certain very undesirable political systems.

So a guy gets assaulted, dragged off a plane, illegally by the way, and you blame him. At the point united decided to remove him it was them behaving unlawfully. It actually should have been him calling the cops and them intervening on his behalf. Why do you automatically defend authority even when it behaves unlawfully? I'm glad Dr. Dao took a stand, someone has to when authority overstretches. No doubt you'd have called Rosa Parks an entitled brat as well.

It was the airline staff who have no respect, for the law, or their customers, in many of these cases. And they need to be reminded they are not above the law, and cannot have citizens beaten up because the airline screwed up and now they need to get rid of someone to fix it. That is borderline facism for god's sake.
 
mattnrsa
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:27 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:45 am

With airlines being under a microscope lately, I'm surprised this isn't all over the mainstream news. Whatever your perspective, this is definitely unusual.
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:48 am

Planetalk wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

With the exception of the United debacle, these incidents happen more often than we care to think its just that the main stream news media is now writing about all of these insane incidents.


Really? The lady getting dragged down the aisle of a Delta jet a few months ago in DTW wasn't similar to the United incident???

Com'on man!!!!

Jumbo it's ok buddy not everything needs to be compared to United. But I agree this stuff is very common because society is falling apart. Adults are forgettting how to be grown ups and are acting like children. Civilized society is crumbling and it's being caught in Camara. Whether it's Dao acting like a spoiled entitled brat, a woman crying because she couldn't get her way with a stroller, a grown man that doesn't know when to go to the bathroom or 2 women having a brawl in a jet bridge. Adults no longer have any respect for authority or themselves........that's the sad truth in all of this.


Yes it's all the passengers fault and never authority?! Are you really that subservient to any kind of authority? Seems to be a comment trait in a lot of posts from USA lately and it's quite alarming, as it goes with certain very undesirable political systems.

So a guy gets assaulted, dragged off a plane, illegally by the way, and you blame him. At the point united decided to remove him it was them behaving unlawfully. It actually should have been him calling the cops and them intervening on his behalf. Why do you automatically defend authority even when it behaves unlawfully. I'm glad Dr. Saint took a stand, someone has to when authority overstretches. No doubt you'd have called Rosa Parks an entitled brat as well.

It was the airline staff who have no respect, for the law, or their customers, in many of these cases. And they need to be reminded they are not above the law, and cannot have citizens beaten up because they screwed up and now they need to get rid of someone to fix it.


When at a cross road you can choose to act like a child or act like an adult. Had Dao gotten up and got off the jet he wouldn't have been hurt. He could have written a letter, complained even tried to sue United for being removed later. But his decision to be a child got him hurt.


I'm not defending United or the security company, I'm simply saying that grown ups don't act the way he did. You don't have to agree with authority or the rules but you do need to listen. There avenues to take to change the rules or remove s person from authority but being a brat is not it.

Fighting in a jet bridge is not what adults do.
Waiting to go to the bathroom until you are about to pee your pants is not something adults do. Crying because you can't bring your stroller onboard is not something adults do.
 
Planetalk
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:52 am

CriticalPoint wrote:
Planetalk wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:

Really? The lady getting dragged down the aisle of a Delta jet a few months ago in DTW wasn't similar to the United incident???

Com'on man!!!!

Jumbo it's ok buddy not everything needs to be compared to United. But I agree this stuff is very common because society is falling apart. Adults are forgettting how to be grown ups and are acting like children. Civilized society is crumbling and it's being caught in Camara. Whether it's Dao acting like a spoiled entitled brat, a woman crying because she couldn't get her way with a stroller, a grown man that doesn't know when to go to the bathroom or 2 women having a brawl in a jet bridge. Adults no longer have any respect for authority or themselves........that's the sad truth in all of this.


Yes it's all the passengers fault and never authority?! Are you really that subservient to any kind of authority? Seems to be a comment trait in a lot of posts from USA lately and it's quite alarming, as it goes with certain very undesirable political systems.

So a guy gets assaulted, dragged off a plane, illegally by the way, and you blame him. At the point united decided to remove him it was them behaving unlawfully. It actually should have been him calling the cops and them intervening on his behalf. Why do you automatically defend authority even when it behaves unlawfully. I'm glad Dr. Saint took a stand, someone has to when authority overstretches. No doubt you'd have called Rosa Parks an entitled brat as well.

It was the airline staff who have no respect, for the law, or their customers, in many of these cases. And they need to be reminded they are not above the law, and cannot have citizens beaten up because they screwed up and now they need to get rid of someone to fix it.


When at a cross road you can choose to act like a child or act like an adult. Had Dao gotten up and got off the jet he wouldn't have been hurt. He could have written a letter, complained even tried to sue United for being removed later. But his decision to be a child got him hurt.


I'm not defending United or the security company, I'm simply saying that grown ups don't act the way he did. You don't have to agree with authority or the rules but you do need to listen. There avenues to take to change the rules or remove s person from authority but being a brat is not it.


So you get on a plane, sit in your seat, someone asks you to leave for no good reason and you'd just get up and go? Really? I mean good for you but some of us have a spine.

How was that being a child? They had no right to remove him. Do you regularly let people walk all over you and say nothing? It wasn't his decision that got him hurt, it was people assaulting him without any cause. Jeez, in your world the authorities can go round assaulting anyone they like if they don't follow illegal requests and it will always be that person's fault. Did you ever consider retiring in North Korea?
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:57 am

Planetalk wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:
Planetalk wrote:

Yes it's all the passengers fault and never authority?! Are you really that subservient to any kind of authority? Seems to be a comment trait in a lot of posts from USA lately and it's quite alarming, as it goes with certain very undesirable political systems.

So a guy gets assaulted, dragged off a plane, illegally by the way, and you blame him. At the point united decided to remove him it was them behaving unlawfully. It actually should have been him calling the cops and them intervening on his behalf. Why do you automatically defend authority even when it behaves unlawfully. I'm glad Dr. Saint took a stand, someone has to when authority overstretches. No doubt you'd have called Rosa Parks an entitled brat as well.

It was the airline staff who have no respect, for the law, or their customers, in many of these cases. And they need to be reminded they are not above the law, and cannot have citizens beaten up because they screwed up and now they need to get rid of someone to fix it.


When at a cross road you can choose to act like a child or act like an adult. Had Dao gotten up and got off the jet he wouldn't have been hurt. He could have written a letter, complained even tried to sue United for being removed later. But his decision to be a child got him hurt.


I'm not defending United or the security company, I'm simply saying that grown ups don't act the way he did. You don't have to agree with authority or the rules but you do need to listen. There avenues to take to change the rules or remove s person from authority but being a brat is not it.


So you get on a plane, sit in your seat, someone asks you to leave for no good reason and you'd just get up and go? Really? I mean good for you but some of us have a spine.

How was that being a child? They had no right to remove him. Do you regularly let people walk all over you and say nothing? It wasn't his decision that got him hurt, it was people assaulting him without any cause. Jeez, in your world the authorities can go round assaulting anyone they like if they don't follow illegal requests and it will always be that person's fault. Did you ever consider retiring in North Korea?


That's fine you can "have a spine" all you want but that means you accept the consequences.

If YOU tell me to get out of my seat your in for a fight. If a cop says get out of your seat I'm going to get out of my seat. If YOU say I'm going to arrest you you're in for a fight, if a cop says he's going to arrest me I'm going to put my hands behind my head. It's called picking your battles. Your resistance is causing the downfall of society. No one is above the law.
 
Planetalk
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:57 am

CriticalPoint wrote:

Fighting in a jet bridge is not what adults do.
Waiting to go to the bathroom until you are about to pee your pants is not something adults do. Crying because you can't bring your stroller onboard is not something adults do.


I see you've completely unrepresented some of these cases. And if an old lady needs to pee and isn't allowed by the airline staff yes they will pee themselves. You know what else adults don't do? Assault people who've done nothing wrong. The fact you think that is justified is rather scary in my opinion. Anyway, just carry on doing as you're told, never question. Reminds me of something.
 
Planetalk
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:03 am

CriticalPoint wrote:
Planetalk wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:

When at a cross road you can choose to act like a child or act like an adult. Had Dao gotten up and got off the jet he wouldn't have been hurt. He could have written a letter, complained even tried to sue United for being removed later. But his decision to be a child got him hurt.


I'm not defending United or the security company, I'm simply saying that grown ups don't act the way he did. You don't have to agree with authority or the rules but you do need to listen. There avenues to take to change the rules or remove s person from authority but being a brat is not it.


So you get on a plane, sit in your seat, someone asks you to leave for no good reason and you'd just get up and go? Really? I mean good for you but some of us have a spine.

How was that being a child? They had no right to remove him. Do you regularly let people walk all over you and say nothing? It wasn't his decision that got him hurt, it was people assaulting him without any cause. Jeez, in your world the authorities can go round assaulting anyone they like if they don't follow illegal requests and it will always be that person's fault. Did you ever consider retiring in North Korea?


That's fine you can "have a spine" all you want but that means you accept the consequences.

If YOU tell me to get out of my seat your in for a fight. If a cop says get out of your seat I'm going to get out of my seat. If YOU say I'm going to arrest you you're in for a fight, if a cop says he's going to arrest me I'm going to put my hands behind my head. It's called picking your battles. Your resistance is causing the downfall of society. No one is above the law.


Ok, so you go along with facism. Thanks for clearing that up. Resistance? To what? To people behaving above the law? By the way, a cop has to give you a reason when they arrest you. If they can't, yes I will politely decline. Damn right I resist that. I thought you were the land of the free? Not a totalitarian police state.
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:03 am

Planetalk wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:

Fighting in a jet bridge is not what adults do.
Waiting to go to the bathroom until you are about to pee your pants is not something adults do. Crying because you can't bring your stroller onboard is not something adults do.


I see you've completely unrepresented some of these cases. And if an old lady needs to pee and isn't allowed by the airline staff yes they will pee themselves. You know what else adults don't do? Assault people who've done nothing wrong. The fact you think that is justified is rather scary in my opinion. Anyway, just carry on doing as you're told, never question. Reminds me of something.


Question:

What if your kid says no to you? Does he have a spine? Does he now get praise for defying you?

When you are a parent you are the authority. So what do you do when your kid thinks your wrong and says no?
 
Planetalk
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:06 am

CriticalPoint wrote:
Planetalk wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:

Fighting in a jet bridge is not what adults do.
Waiting to go to the bathroom until you are about to pee your pants is not something adults do. Crying because you can't bring your stroller onboard is not something adults do.


I see you've completely unrepresented some of these cases. And if an old lady needs to pee and isn't allowed by the airline staff yes they will pee themselves. You know what else adults don't do? Assault people who've done nothing wrong. The fact you think that is justified is rather scary in my opinion. Anyway, just carry on doing as you're told, never question. Reminds me of something.


Question:

What if your kid says no to you? Does he have a spine? Does he now get praise for defying you?

When you are a parent you are the authority. So what do you do when your kid thinks your wrong and says no?


Yes,. I would encourage critical thinking in my children and not blindly believing anything authority tells them. I hope I would generally be giving them good, honest advice. If I ever tell them I do something illegal or plain wrong, yes, they would get praise for defying me. Frankly you have some strange ideas about parenting if you think it's about being some kind of dictator and kids can never question you. Sometimes kids can be very wise and make you think.
 
jeffrey1970
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2001 1:41 am

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:11 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
PanzerPowner wrote:
When it's a cat fight in a hub, i think this is better than grabbing airport security, getting the tazer and getting them both down.


No! The plane was on the ground and at the gate. A pilot had no right to HIT a woman regardless of what was happening. That's what's security/law enforcement is for.




That is such crap. If the damn passengers had actually acted like adults and been able to restrain themselves this would have never happened. I pray passengers like this get put on the do-not-fly list.
God bless through Jesus, Jeff
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:13 am

Planetalk wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:
Planetalk wrote:

I see you've completely unrepresented some of these cases. And if an old lady needs to pee and isn't allowed by the airline staff yes they will pee themselves. You know what else adults don't do? Assault people who've done nothing wrong. The fact you think that is justified is rather scary in my opinion. Anyway, just carry on doing as you're told, never question. Reminds me of something.


Question:

What if your kid says no to you? Does he have a spine? Does he now get praise for defying you?

When you are a parent you are the authority. So what do you do when your kid thinks your wrong and says no?


Yes,. I would encourage critical thinking in my children and not blindly believing anything authority tells them. I hope I would generally be giving them good, honest advice. If I ever tell them I do something illegal or plain wrong, yes, they would get praise for defying me. Frankly you have some strange ideas about parenting if you think it's about being some kind of dictator and kids can never question you. Sometimes kids can be very wise and make you think.


Ah ha you just hit the nail on the head! Critical thinking is key to being an adult! It is also key to good decision making. Unfortunantly there is not enough critical thinking in the world today.

I would argue that if anyone in any of these situations had performed any critical thinking non of this would have happened.

Kids are wise and mine are incredibly good kids that I'm very proud of but they listen and respect authority and neither one of them as been beaten up, arrested or threatened. They have had things happen to them that were rediculous but they wrote letters and made phone calls to sort out the situation........like adults.
 
77H
Posts: 1572
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:13 am

FlyUSAir wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
Typical scum that fly's around on the airlines these days.


Agreed.

Also, typical a.net bashing the pilot who did absolutely nothing wrong.


I'd be interested to know if your stance would change if it had been a UA pilot. You were quite vocal on the UA threads wherein no UA personal physically touched a passenger.

DL has 2 incidents in 2 days come to light and a fair majority of a.net users on this and the other thread are mostly backing DL. The DL protectionism on this site is astounding.
 
77H
Posts: 1572
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Delta pilot hits female passenger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

Planetalk wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:
Planetalk wrote:

Yes it's all the passengers fault and never authority?! Are you really that subservient to any kind of authority? Seems to be a comment trait in a lot of posts from USA lately and it's quite alarming, as it goes with certain very undesirable political systems.

So a guy gets assaulted, dragged off a plane, illegally by the way, and you blame him. At the point united decided to remove him it was them behaving unlawfully. It actually should have been him calling the cops and them intervening on his behalf. Why do you automatically defend authority even when it behaves unlawfully. I'm glad Dr. Saint took a stand, someone has to when authority overstretches. No doubt you'd have called Rosa Parks an entitled brat as well.

It was the airline staff who have no respect, for the law, or their customers, in many of these cases. And they need to be reminded they are not above the law, and cannot have citizens beaten up because they screwed up and now they need to get rid of someone to fix it.


When at a cross road you can choose to act like a child or act like an adult. Had Dao gotten up and got off the jet he wouldn't have been hurt. He could have written a letter, complained even tried to sue United for being removed later. But his decision to be a child got him hurt.


I'm not defending United or the security company, I'm simply saying that grown ups don't act the way he did. You don't have to agree with authority or the rules but you do need to listen. There avenues to take to change the rules or remove s person from authority but being a brat is not it.


So you get on a plane, sit in your seat, someone asks you to leave for no good reason and you'd just get up and go? Really? I mean good for you but some of us have a spine.

How was that being a child? They had no right to remove him. Do you regularly let people walk all over you and say nothing? It wasn't his decision that got him hurt, it was people assaulting him without any cause. Jeez, in your world the authorities can go round assaulting anyone they like if they don't follow illegal requests and it will always be that person's fault. Did you ever consider retiring in North Korea?


You realize the authorities assault people and trample on their rights everyday in the United States don't you ? In today's US, it's better to comply with authorities and fight it in the courts rather than get the crap beat out of you.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos