User avatar
Miami
Topic Author
Posts: 6087
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Starting October 29, SAS will launch ARN-MIA service once a week on an A330.

Schedule:
ARN-MIA SK 957. Departure: 09.25. Arrival: 14.15
MIA-ARN SK 958. Departure: 16.05. Arrival: 07.35


Source: http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-to-fly-d ... m-october/
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2366
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 1:35 pm

This is part of the rescheduling allowing upgrade from 737 to A330 on the CPH-BOS route as well. Good news for ARN.
 
B752OS
Posts: 1215
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 2:37 pm

What is the current SK schedule to MIA? Do they run there year round?
 
Kikko19
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 2:51 pm

For SK would be nice to have more a330 or immediately get the a350 (but i know they delayed the delivery of the first model increasing the gap with competitors...DY, AY etc... ). About the discussed conversion to a321LR it's not going anywhere ... when would sk get the new planes in 2025? too little too late. so far the only chance is to get some a330 new or used (from AZ?). we'll see.
 
FSDan
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Interesting that it's just once weekly. Will there still be 1x daily SK flight from MIA going to one of OSL, ARN, or CPH, or will some days have two flights?
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25927
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 pm

That explains why there was a missing OSL frequency. SAS will remain at daily to MIA year-round. The W16/17 was 4w OSL/3w CPH, S17 is 4w CPH/3w OSL and W17/18 is 3w CPH/3w OSL/1w ARN.
a.
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2366
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 4:12 pm

I believe MIA-OSL and MIA-CPH will be twice weekly each. CPH-BOS will be three weekly during winter, and four weekly during summer.
 
NichCage
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 7:07 pm

Maybe Finnair suspending MIA has been helping SAS in MIA.
 
User avatar
Miami
Topic Author
Posts: 6087
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 7:26 pm

NichCage wrote:
Maybe Finnair suspending MIA has been helping SAS in MIA.

The suspension is just for the Summer.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
Someone83
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 8:39 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
I believe MIA-OSL and MIA-CPH will be twice weekly each. CPH-BOS will be three weekly during winter, and four weekly during summer.


Correct, so in reality they reduce Scandinavia-MIA from daily to 5x weekly
 
X2K
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 02, 2017 9:53 pm

2:nd daily CPH-EWR rotation (SK901/902) is not bookable after October 28. This aircraft can be used for CPH-BOS 3 weekly, aswell for other increases in frequencies in the network.
Fan of Aviation. Operational train scheduling is my work.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25927
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Wed May 03, 2017 3:59 am

Quite the milestone as it puts MIA at 25 routes non-stop to Europe. As recently as around 10 years MIA only has 7 (LHR, MAD, CDG, MXP, DUS, ZRH and FRA).
a.
 
miaintl
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Sat May 06, 2017 7:22 am

Does anyone know why MIA and BOS are being reduced in frequency by SAS next year? Are they preforming poorly? MIA used to be daily but from Novemeber will be going to 5x weekly and then 4-3 weekly next March and April.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25927
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Sat May 06, 2017 7:30 am

miaintl wrote:
Does anyone know why MIA and BOS are being reduced in frequency by SAS next year? Are they preforming poorly? MIA used to be daily but from Novemeber will be going to 5x weekly and then 4-3 weekly next March and April.


Did you not read the article? SAS is losing a lease on a long-haul 737 and does not have the planes to operate MIA, BOS and LAX daily. The MIA capacity will split between MIA and BOS and LAX loses a flight that will go to MIA instead. SAS has said nothing about what MIA capacity will be in S18. I suspect eventually it will level at 2w OSL/2w ARN/3w CPH.
a.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Sat May 06, 2017 12:03 pm

X2K wrote:
2:nd daily CPH-EWR rotation (SK901/902) is not bookable after October 28. This aircraft can be used for CPH-BOS 3 weekly, aswell for other increases in frequencies in the network.


SK901/902 has mainly been a summer route
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2366
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Sat May 06, 2017 1:03 pm

miaintl wrote:
Does anyone know why MIA and BOS are being reduced in frequency by SAS next year? Are they preforming poorly? MIA used to be daily but from Novemeber will be going to 5x weekly and then 4-3 weekly next March and April.


The CPH-BOS is upgraded from 737 to A330-300, frequency is reduced. The MIA routes will get frequency reductions, but ARN is added.
 
X2K
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 09, 2017 10:27 am

Someone83 wrote:
X2K wrote:
2:nd daily CPH-EWR rotation (SK901/902) is not bookable after October 28. This aircraft can be used for CPH-BOS 3 weekly, aswell for other increases in frequencies in the network.


SK901/902 has mainly been a summer route


Yes, I know! But what is the aircraft used for during winter? Increased frequencies on other CPH-routes?
Fan of Aviation. Operational train scheduling is my work.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 09, 2017 10:29 am

X2K wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
X2K wrote:
2:nd daily CPH-EWR rotation (SK901/902) is not bookable after October 28. This aircraft can be used for CPH-BOS 3 weekly, aswell for other increases in frequencies in the network.


SK901/902 has mainly been a summer route


Yes, I know! But what is the aircraft used for during winter? Increased frequencies on other CPH-routes?


Most of the heavy maintenance for SAS longhaul fleet happens during the winter, so it means in principle one aircraft is out throughout the period
 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Posts: 9691
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Overall though, SAS is reducing MIA service despite adding ARN to the network. This is due to the BOS route being up gauged to SAS' own A330 instead of the PrivatAir BBJ.

I wonder who blinks first.. DY or SK on the Scandinavia-South Florida market.. seems to be a lot of capacity even if Miami is popular with Scandinavians.
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3295
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 09, 2017 12:30 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
Overall though, SAS is reducing MIA service despite adding ARN to the network. This is due to the BOS route being up gauged to SAS' own A330 instead of the PrivatAir BBJ.

I wonder who blinks first.. DY or SK on the Scandinavia-South Florida market.. seems to be a lot of capacity even if Miami is popular with Scandinavians.

I would think that DY has a lot of connections for their OSL flights. Maybe SK is the same case at CPH and ARN is just O&D?
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen mehr.
 
xdlx
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 09, 2017 12:55 pm

The A330 from AZ are close to becoming available...... good luck SAS
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2366
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 09, 2017 1:06 pm

lesfalls wrote:
I would think that DY has a lot of connections for their OSL flights. Maybe SK is the same case at CPH and ARN is just O&D?


SK is a legacy carrier and a Star Alliance founding member. They have connections on both sides of the Atlantic, contrary to DY. OSL, CPH and ARN are all SK hubs with great connectivity as well.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 09, 2017 1:26 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
I would think that DY has a lot of connections for their OSL flights. Maybe SK is the same case at CPH and ARN is just O&D?


SK is a legacy carrier and a Star Alliance founding member. They have connections on both sides of the Atlantic, contrary to DY. OSL, CPH and ARN are all SK hubs with great connectivity as well.


At the MIA side, SAS has some connection, but still it is rather limited.

While SAS has better connections at the Scandinavian side (volumes, not necesary possible connection) Norwegian has a rather decent network by themself to feed their longhaul at the Scandinavian capitals, covering most of the significant Nordic cities
 
s4popo
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:36 am

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Does anyone know if SAS is getting significant connections onwards to Central and South America? I could see plenty of options with Copa and Avianca.
 
PavlovsDog
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:28 am

Re: SAS to start Stockholm - Miami

Thu May 11, 2017 3:29 pm

I flew DY FLL-ARN on Saturday and the flight was 100% full. This flight should do well for SK I can see them increasing before too long.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos