jetbluefan1
Topic Author
Posts: 3278
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:39 am

B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 pm

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetblue- ... 00858.html

>FLL-SLC, 1x, beginning 11/16/17
>BOS-RSW/PBI/JAX each gain 1 additional frequency, beginning 10/29/17

---

The announcement of FLL-SLC and increase on BOS-JAX are pretty clear responses to DL's recent BOS expansion announcements. The additional BOS-LAX frequency (as well as BOS-SFO) could also be interpreted as a response, although those markets have fierce competition from UA, VX, and AA (to LAX) as well.

Side note - How many gates does B6 have access to at SLC? With this addition, B6 will now have 4 redeye flights leaving around the same time (FLL, MCO, JFK, and BOS).
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5854
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 5:20 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:

The announcement of FLL-SLC... are pretty clear responses to DL's recent BOS expansion announcements.


How, may I ask?

DL doesn't even fly FLL-SLC. MIA-SLC isn't daily for Delta presently, and is seasonally suspended mid-August to mid-December. AA doesn't fly SLC-MIA, either.

I just don't see DL caring about this.
 
Block
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:44 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 5:22 pm

These additions are great, but I think B6 needs to start mid-day flights to airports such as SLC, DEN, PHX, PDX, and SEA.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4678
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 5:24 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
Side note - How many gates does B6 have access to at SLC? With this addition, B6 will now have 4 redeye flights leaving around the same time (FLL, MCO, JFK, and BOS).


As of now, they're only using one, A4.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Whoopee doo.... wake me up when its CVG and MSP.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
ty97
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 1:06 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 5:38 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:

The announcement of FLL-SLC... are pretty clear responses to DL's recent BOS expansion announcements.


How, may I ask?

DL doesn't even fly FLL-SLC. MIA-SLC isn't daily for Delta presently, and is seasonally suspended mid-August to mid-December. AA doesn't fly SLC-MIA, either.

I just don't see DL caring about this.


I believe AA flies MIA-SLC seasonally.
 
jetbluefan1
Topic Author
Posts: 3278
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:39 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 5:41 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
DL doesn't even fly FLL-SLC. MIA-SLC isn't daily for Delta presently, and is seasonally suspended mid-August to mid-December. AA doesn't fly SLC-MIA, either.

I just don't see DL caring about this.


I'm shocked DL doesn't fly FLL-SLC - I assumed they did. Happy to be corrected. In any case, I don't expect DL to be pleased. SLC is their turf.

Block wrote:
These additions are great, but I think B6 needs to start mid-day flights to airports such as SLC, DEN, PHX, PDX, and SEA.


Totally agreed. Although SLC, PDX, and SEA get some frequencies to LGB, and DEN and SEA get daytime turns to BOS. Still, I agree - the single redeye offerings on many transcon routes are not competitive..

adamh8297 wrote:
Whoopee doo.... wake me up when its CVG and MSP.


LOL. Agreed. New cities are almost always much more exciting than connecting the dots.
 
User avatar
SteveXC500
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 6:03 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
Whoopee doo.... wake me up when its CVG and MSP.


Yes.
 
fastmover
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 6:12 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
DL doesn't even fly FLL-SLC. MIA-SLC isn't daily for Delta presently, and is seasonally suspended mid-August to mid-December. AA doesn't fly SLC-MIA, either.

I just don't see DL caring about this.


I'm shocked DL doesn't fly FLL-SLC - I assumed they did. Happy to be corrected. In any case, I don't expect DL to be pleased. SLC is their turf.

Block wrote:
These additions are great, but I think B6 needs to start mid-day flights to airports such as SLC, DEN, PHX, PDX, and SEA.


Totally agreed. Although SLC, PDX, and SEA get some frequencies to LGB, and DEN and SEA get daytime turns to BOS. Still, I agree - the single redeye offerings on many transcon routes are not competitive..

adamh8297 wrote:
Whoopee doo.... wake me up when its CVG and MSP.


LOL. Agreed. New cities are almost always much more exciting than connecting the dots.



The big story here is jetblue has no intention of letting Delta have an easy time growing in BOS.
Good for JetBlue.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 6:16 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:

The announcement of FLL-SLC... are pretty clear responses to DL's recent BOS expansion announcements.


How, may I ask?

DL doesn't even fly FLL-SLC. MIA-SLC isn't daily for Delta presently, and is seasonally suspended mid-August to mid-December. AA doesn't fly SLC-MIA, either.

I just don't see DL caring about this.
It seems more like a shot at DL than the next best add for B6. SLC-FLL seems like a tough route for B6.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25753
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 6:18 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:

The announcement of FLL-SLC... are pretty clear responses to DL's recent BOS expansion announcements.


How, may I ask?

DL doesn't even fly FLL-SLC. MIA-SLC isn't daily for Delta presently, and is seasonally suspended mid-August to mid-December. AA doesn't fly SLC-MIA, either.

I just don't see DL caring about this.


DL cares. It will add FLL-SLC next week or so.
a.
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1739
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 6:42 pm

I'm 99% sure Delta has flown SLC-FLL in the past... I think I've taken it a few times.
xx
 
winglet13
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:17 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 6:47 pm

usxguy wrote:
I'm 99% sure Delta has flown SLC-FLL in the past... I think I've taken it a few times.


Yes, they did. They discontinued SLC-FLL and SLC-TPA at roughly the same time several years ago.
 
lavalampluva
Posts: 1380
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 7:13 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
Whoopee doo.... wake me up when its CVG and MSP.


Yes.

Which route happens first?

DAL-MSP on WN?
Or anything out of MSP on B6?
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.
 
axiom
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 7:15 pm

winglet13 wrote:
usxguy wrote:
I'm 99% sure Delta has flown SLC-FLL in the past... I think I've taken it a few times.


Yes, they did. They discontinued SLC-FLL and SLC-TPA at roughly the same time several years ago.


SLC-TPA resumes daily on 21 Dec, so FLL may not be far behind -- especially with this news.
 
User avatar
FBWFTW
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Score! Extra PBI flight will give us more options to go see the snowbird section of the family in Delray.
Airbus lover and unashamed avgeek
Flown on 721/2, 732/5, 741, 752, 762/3ER, L1011, DC8, DC9/10, MD88, E75/90, A320/21, A332/3
Fav Plane(s): A330-243/L1011
Fav Airlines: B6/HA/VX
Favorite engine(s): RR/PW
http://flightdiary.net/FBWFTW/flights/date/asc
 
jetbluefan1
Topic Author
Posts: 3278
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:39 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 pm

fastmover wrote:
The big story here is jetblue has no intention of letting Delta have an easy time growing in BOS.
Good for JetBlue.

:checkmark:

I think B6 is going to grow BOS either way. The addition of a few more frequencies on Florida routes that B6 already dominates is a pretty cheap way to send a message.

cledaybuck wrote:
It seems more like a shot at DL than the next best add for B6. SLC-FLL seems like a tough route for B6.
:checkmark:

DEN, DFW, or even HOU might have made more sense first. It's been awhile since B6 has announced a new LatAm or domestic market from FLL, with ORD and AUA (started Jan 17) the latest additions. [Granted there were numerous additions, including Cuba, during all of 2016 - especially in the latter half of the year.]

MAH4546 wrote:
DL cares. It will add FLL-SLC next week or so.
:checkmark:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this added on the upcoming OAG thread.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 12:17 am

adamh8297 wrote:
Whoopee doo.... wake me up when its CVG and MSP.


I would love to see B6 at CVG and MSP, I know its been brought up repeatedly as a potential attack towards DL for its expansion in BOS.

jetbluefan1 wrote:
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this added on the upcoming OAG thread.


Totally agree, or possibly a switching of SLC-MIA to SLC-FLL. I am sure SLC-South Florida will greatly benefit from the arrival of the CSeries aircraft, but that is still a few years out.
 
dfwking
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 12:29 am

While MSP from BOS would have been the ultimate response, it takes time to open a new station. It not easy to find many DL-only routes from B6 focus cities that can be added quickly. I suppose B6 was looking for a quick response and hence these adds.

My hunch is that DL's BOS expansion will accelerate B6's entry into MSP.
 
fastmover
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 12:42 am

jetbluefan1 wrote:
fastmover wrote:
The big story here is jetblue has no intention of letting Delta have an easy time growing in BOS.
Good for JetBlue.

:checkmark:

I think B6 is going to grow BOS either way. The addition of a few more frequencies on Florida routes that B6 already dominates is a pretty cheap way to send a message.

cledaybuck wrote:
It seems more like a shot at DL than the next best add for B6. SLC-FLL seems like a tough route for B6.
:checkmark:

DEN, DFW, or even HOU might have made more sense first. It's been awhile since B6 has announced a new LatAm or domestic market from FLL, with ORD and AUA (started Jan 17) the latest additions. [Granted there were numerous additions, including Cuba, during all of 2016 - especially in the latter half of the year.]

MAH4546 wrote:
DL cares. It will add FLL-SLC next week or so.
:checkmark:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this added on the upcoming OAG thread.



I think it's all about time. While it may be cheap it's a quick "hey you are not just going to walk in here"
Heck isn't Delta already pulling max back? There will be more but this was what they could do now.
 
msycajun
Posts: 1066
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 12:51 am

I wonder if DL will take shots at more B6 monopoly markets. I'm hoping for BOS-MSY. B6 Only runs once daily with a second flight in the winter/spring. Plenty of room for another flight.
 
B752OS
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 1:06 am

When is PHX going to see some love from B6? All they have are single flights to JFK and BOS. Any chance they add MCO/FLL/LGB?
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4383
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 1:34 am

Both AA and DL fly SLC-MIA seasonally. This announcement might mean delta rolls to FLL .

Rumor is MCO has done awesome out of SLC as a red eye so they might be pushing for more leisure red eyes good use of plane time. JetBlue has alot of employees in Utah so they can probably help them too with more seats.

I agree JetBlue is gonna need a common use gate or something the current setup gets backed up as is. They turn three full 320s out of one gate in a short time can't even imagine a fourth.
 
RollerRB211
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 5:48 am

OA412 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
Side note - How many gates does B6 have access to at SLC? With this addition, B6 will now have 4 redeye flights leaving around the same time (FLL, MCO, JFK, and BOS).


As of now, they're only using one, A4.


They use 3 different gates for the redeyes.
 
User avatar
SteveXC500
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

lavalampluva wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
Whoopee doo.... wake me up when its CVG and MSP.


Yes.

Which route happens first?

DAL-MSP on WN?
Or anything out of MSP on B6?


Considering WN isn't adding much at MSP lately (BNA starts in June), and the gate fight still taking place in DAL, I wouldn't hold my breath. Add to that WN had LAS added for March/April and then discontinued. It seems odd they wouldn't be able to support a single daily flight to LAS. I have yet to figure out WN strategy, but know they are working to replace 733's this year, and some routes may suffer for a bit.

Anything I have heard over the past couple years was B6 would be 2018 or later (all rumors and hearsay, of course).

My guess is next year for B6 and DAL-MSP on WN. WN extends their schedule to January 7, 2018 in two weeks, so if it isn't there, it's not likely for '17.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8408
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: B6 Announces FLL-SLC, Additional BOS Flights

Thu May 04, 2017 3:27 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
I think B6 is going to grow BOS either way. The addition of a few more frequencies on Florida routes that B6 already dominates is a pretty cheap way to send a message..


Well, I hope B6 will go double daily on BOS-SRQ this winter. Interestingly, the BOS flight hangs on for 3 more weeks this year. I wonder if DL would start BOS-SRQ again?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos