Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
AA300B
Topic Author
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:00 am

LA600: Lima - Los Angeles on an A320?

Thu May 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Today as I was browsing FlightRadar24 I noticed that the daily rotation Lima- Los Angeles as Latam flight 600 is being operated by an A320 instead of the usual 787. This flight has a block time of around 8:30 hours which would be stretching it for an A320. Is a stop required before continuing on to LAX? Somewhere in Mexico perhaps?

Found this quite odd and this was a first for me, maybe someone in the forum can give us some insight.




Image
E145, E170, E190, A310, A300, A319, A320, A321, A330, A340, A380, 717 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 77W, 787
 
masgniw
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: LA600: Lima - Los Angeles on an A320?

Thu May 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Are you sure this is accurate? I just looked at FlightAware and I don't see any such usage of the A320.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LAN ... /SPJC/KLAX
 
Brick
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 1999 11:08 am

Re: LA600: Lima - Los Angeles on an A320?

Thu May 11, 2017 8:24 pm

It's a Flightradar24 error. CC-BFU is currently flying Calamal to Santiago.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...
 
User avatar
GCT64
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Re: LA600: Lima - Los Angeles on an A320?

Thu May 11, 2017 8:24 pm

My guess, given that FR24 is reporting A320 CC-BFU to be in two places at once, is that a 787 is flying around miscoded with ModeS code E80278 (the code properly associated with CC-BFU) and so it appears incorrectly on FR24.
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX
 
Brick
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 1999 11:08 am

Re: LA600: Lima - Los Angeles on an A320?

Thu May 11, 2017 8:35 pm

For every question like this in this forum, before posting one should always:

1. Check Flightradar24
2. Check Flightaware
3. Check the flight status on the airline's website (most show the aircraft type).

Most of the time this will answer their question right there and avoid these kinds of topics.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...
 
catiii
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: LA600: Lima - Los Angeles on an A320?

Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Brick wrote:
For every question like this in this forum, before posting one should always:

1. Check Flightradar24
2. Check Flightaware
3. Check the flight status on the airline's website (most show the aircraft type).

Most of the time this will answer their question right there and avoid these kinds of topics.


Or #4, you don't have to click into the topic and read it...
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2189
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: LA600: Lima - Los Angeles on an A320?

Thu May 11, 2017 8:47 pm

catiii wrote:
Brick wrote:
For every question like this in this forum, before posting one should always:

1. Check Flightradar24
2. Check Flightaware
3. Check the flight status on the airline's website (most show the aircraft type).

Most of the time this will answer their question right there and avoid these kinds of topics.


Or #4, you don't have to click into the topic and read it...

Yeah, but imagine the sheer quantity of threads that would clog these fora if everybody started one without even an ounce of background checking...
I think that is what he meant...
 
catiii
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: LA600: Lima - Los Angeles on an A320?

Fri May 12, 2017 12:55 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
catiii wrote:
Brick wrote:
For every question like this in this forum, before posting one should always:

1. Check Flightradar24
2. Check Flightaware
3. Check the flight status on the airline's website (most show the aircraft type).

Most of the time this will answer their question right there and avoid these kinds of topics.


Or #4, you don't have to click into the topic and read it...

Yeah, but imagine the sheer quantity of threads that would clog these fora if everybody started one without even an ounce of background checking...
I think that is what he meant...


The OP did do some background checking.

Much better than the "will Airbus stretch the A350 and make it 4 engines?" nonsense you see on this forum. But you know what I do? I'm pass right over it...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos