SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 am

Not sure whether it was already posted or not, so here's the link to a video of C-GUBD arriving at YUL from LDE where it was stored since last September. More details about this former EK A332 on the linked planespotters web page below. I believe it's the third former Emirates, and so far the youngest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgeMO_5vs-k

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... ir-Transat
 
User avatar
Cyow
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri May 19, 2017 1:57 pm

beautiful landing and cool to see that bird in white. Isn't the 330 a sexy piece of hardware or what?
"Broadsword calling Danny Boy"
 
User avatar
northstardc4m
Posts: 3242
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2000 11:23 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri May 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Cyow wrote:
beautiful landing and cool to see that bird in white. Isn't the 330 a sexy piece of hardware or what?


Yes but everyone that gets a blue tail and star takes the life of the A310s remaining... so while I like the A330 as a frame to spot I will miss the A310s.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri May 26, 2017 9:52 am

northstardc4m wrote:
Yes but everyone that gets a blue tail and star takes the life of the A310s remaining... so while I like the A330 as a frame to spot I will miss the A310s.


I understand your point, however the A310s have been at TS since December 2000, in fact the very first, an early 90s frame is still operating for them along with the oldest A310 in their fleet that is closing-in on 30 years since delivery to Wardair in 1988.

Also I don't remember whether their recently ordered A321neos will in fact also replace the A310s.
 
FlyingColours
Posts: 2320
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:13 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri May 26, 2017 10:50 am

So much for using the international language of aviation..

Regarding the A330, it is good to see Air Transat still doing well though it will certainly be a shame to see the A310 fleet go. I need to get out to MAN and get a ride on one before it's too late ;)

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri May 26, 2017 10:58 am

Yes, I love the A330..both the looks, and the amazing ride quality.. could this be my favourite WB maybe?.... But.. yes, pity to see the A310 go...a truly unique aircraft that I also loved flying.. You can't beat the "fat sausage" stubby look!
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:57 am

Just noticed on Skyliner that TS is getting its next aircraft today.

Airbus A330 -243 455 C-GUBH Air Transat delivery 11jul17 LDE-SNN-MEX, F-reg ex F-WTAX


It was originally ordered by BM but was NTU and then went to EK as A6-EAS.

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... S-Emirates
 
Scorpio
Posts: 5026
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:48 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:20 am

FlyingColours wrote:
So much for using the international language of aviation..


French is also a recognised language for ATC, there was nothing wrong with what they were doing.
 
skipness1E
Posts: 4512
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:18 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:46 am

French language ATC is the quickest way to remove situational awareness of a dangerous situation. It's far from best practice and remains only for political reasons.

https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20000525-0
A good listening watch could have saved the lives of the crew IMHO.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Skyliner indicates that TS has taken delivery of a second A332 this week...

Airbus A330 -243 518 C-GUBC Air Transat delivery 14jul17 LDE-YUL ex F-WTAY
 
ryan78
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:00 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Skyliner indicates that TS has taken delivery of a second A332 this week...

Airbus A330 -243 518 C-GUBC Air Transat delivery 14jul17 LDE-YUL ex F-WTAY


UBD and UBC have been planned in the system for months however there was a lengthy delay with UBC. It was supposed to arrive early May, roughly 1 week after UBD arrived in YUL, to be retrofitted in-time for the July summer rush but something happened to it. What's interesting is UBH didn't show up at all in the system until about a week before it ferried to MEX.

That's 5 A330-200's (JDA, UFR, UBC, UBD, UBH) and 1 737-800 (TQJ) that have been added to the Transat fleet in the last 2 years. Plus the 10 A321neo LR's they just signed leases for, I think its time for them to get aggressive with expansion to try and take back market share from Rouge and Westjet. Also I'm pretty sure the 737's will be out the door in the coming years in favour of the A320/A321. Interesting and exciting times at Transat right now! :)
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:33 pm

ryan78 wrote:
I think its time for them to get aggressive with expansion to try and take back market share from Rouge and Westjet.


Indeed. I wonder whether they'll either replace with newer ones or add more A333s for markets like LGW and CDG where they face AC's 77W HDs?
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 am

Airbus A330 -243 314 F-WTBA Aircraft Engine Lease Finance ferried 19-20oct17 LDE-LPA-MEX, for Air Transat as C-GUBF


It's a former EK. It will be TS 14th. I wonder whether they'll replace the A310 with those on some routes, such as BSL, which would mean quite an upgauge.

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... sat/wJltoA
 
AIRTRANSAT767
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:45 pm

I can not wait to see the air transat A321LR coming out of the Hamburg or Mobile factory?
i love air transat and fan all boeing
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 pm

AIRTRANSAT767 wrote:
I can not wait to see the air transat A321LR coming out of the Hamburg or Mobile factory?


Sadly for you, not before sometimes in 2019.
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:23 pm

skipness1E wrote:
French language ATC is the quickest way to remove situational awareness of a dangerous situation. It's far from best practice and remains only for political reasons.

https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20000525-0
A good listening watch could have saved the lives of the crew IMHO.


Agreed 100%.

It's nothing more than an ego push.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 1347
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:06 pm

skipness1E wrote:
French language ATC is the quickest way to remove situational awareness of a dangerous situation. It's far from best practice and remains only for political reasons.

https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20000525-0
A good listening watch could have saved the lives of the crew IMHO.

Not try to hijack the topic, but you're seeing this practice everyday in a lot of places around the globe. Spain (with Spanish) and China (with Mandarin) are just two examples off top of my head.

The Shorts incident that you listed IMHO is still a lack of situational awareness from the crew. Although controller played a role here, as the basics to all pilots you have to visually inspect the runway (and the glideslope path) to make sure no aircraft is coming to you before you enter the runway.

Michael
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Next and 15th to arrive will be a former MU as C-GUBL: https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... es/LO3juaQ

It seems C-GUBF hasn't come online yet.

I have noticed something about TS A330s fleet numbering. The -300s are '001' to '004', then some -200s are numbered '101' to '111' and the rest '201' to '204'. Since often fleet numbering can be a way to differentiate versions, is there a difference between these two sets of A330-200s?

https://www.planespotters.net/productio ... 30&sort=fn
 
wrongwayup
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 pm

French language ATC in Canada is pilot's choice - Nav Canada provides services in both languages, and the controllers that I know from the Montreal center are proud to do so.
 
User avatar
VCEflyboy
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Silly question does air transat fly wb domestic? At least on some occasions?
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:43 pm

VCEflyboy wrote:
Silly question does air transat fly wb domestic? At least on some occasions?


YUL-YYZ often, yes.

Some European runs are YYZ-YUL-Europe (and back) in the summer.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
User avatar
AA777223
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:12 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:02 pm

It's amazing to me those old EK A330s are finding second homes. As the smallest frame in the fleet, they ran a lot of short, regional hops. I would've thought they were ridden hard and put away wet. It's a testament to the maintenance and frames that they are ready for a second life.
A318/19/20/21, A300, A332/3, A343/6, A388, L1011, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80, B722, B732/3/4/5/7/8/9, B743/4/4M, B752/3, B762/3/4, B772/E/W, B788/9, F-100, CRJ-200/700/900, ERJ-135/145/175/190, DH-8, ATR-72, DO-328, BAE-146
 
ryan78
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:06 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Next and 15th to arrive will be a former MU as C-GUBL: https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... es/LO3juaQ

It seems C-GUBF hasn't come online yet.

I have noticed something about TS A330s fleet numbering. The -300s are '001' to '004', then some -200s are numbered '101' to '111' and the rest '201' to '204'. Since often fleet numbering can be a way to differentiate versions, is there a difference between these two sets of A330-200s?

https://www.planespotters.net/productio ... 30&sort=fn


Yes 001-004 are the -300's. The -200's that are 101-111 are the -200's in the high density config (12 club, 333 economy), and the 201 and up are the new to the fleet -200's in the low density config (12 club, 320 economy). All of the GUB_ aircraft, as well as GJDA are low density. Something about the bulkhead placement on the former Emirates and China Eastern aircraft that won't allow the 333 economy seats.

There is also another A330 coming online this summer, to be GUBT. Total of 2 A320 dry-leases, 2 A321 dry-leases and 2 A330-200's coming before June, it's going to be a busy summer for TS!
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 18124
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 pm

AA777223 wrote:
It's amazing to me those old EK A330s are finding second homes. As the smallest frame in the fleet, they ran a lot of short, regional hops. I would've thought they were ridden hard and put away wet. It's a testament to the maintenance and frames that they are ready for a second life.

More than a few here claimed EK wo uldn't be able to sell. They are well worn...

I would love to know all the Air Transat A330 cycles and hours.
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm

ryan78 wrote:
Yes 001-004 are the -300's. The -200's that are 101-111 are the -200's in the high density config (12 club, 333 economy), and the 201 and up are the new to the fleet -200's in the low density config (12 club, 320 economy). All of the GUB_ aircraft, as well as GJDA are low density. Something about the bulkhead placement on the former Emirates and China Eastern aircraft that won't allow the 333 economy seats.


Alright, good to know.

ryan78 wrote:
There is also another A330 coming online this summer, to be GUBT. Total of 2 A320 dry-leases, 2 A321 dry-leases and 2 A330-200's coming before June, it's going to be a busy summer for TS!


Indeed, quite busy. Does it mean some of their remaining A310s will not serve this summer?

lightsaber wrote:
I would love to know all the Air Transat A330 cycles and hours.


That could be interesting to know indeed, with the -300s being former KA frames flying around in Asia, they must clocked quite some cycles too. I wonder how they would compare to say ther first L1011s that were former AC/EA aircraft used on domestic trunk routes.
 
tribird1011
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:25 am

ryan78 wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Next and 15th to arrive will be a former MU as C-GUBL: https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... es/LO3juaQ

It seems C-GUBF hasn't come online yet.

I have noticed something about TS A330s fleet numbering. The -300s are '001' to '004', then some -200s are numbered '101' to '111' and the rest '201' to '204'. Since often fleet numbering can be a way to differentiate versions, is there a difference between these two sets of A330-200s?

https://www.planespotters.net/productio ... 30&sort=fn


Yes 001-004 are the -300's. The -200's that are 101-111 are the -200's in the high density config (12 club, 333 economy), and the 201 and up are the new to the fleet -200's in the low density config (12 club, 320 economy). All of the GUB_ aircraft, as well as GJDA are low density. Something about the bulkhead placement on the former Emirates and China Eastern aircraft that won't allow the 333 economy seats.

There is also another A330 coming online this summer, to be GUBT. Total of 2 A320 dry-leases, 2 A321 dry-leases and 2 A330-200's coming before June, it's going to be a busy summer for TS!


That is not correct

Reg ---- F/N ---- seats
C-GGTS 101 - 333 / 12
C-GITS 102 - 333 / 12
C-GPTS 103 - 333 / 12
C-GTSN 104 - 333 / 12
C-GTSI 105 - 333 / 12
C-GJDA 106 - 320 / 12
C-GUFR 107 - 320 / 12
C-GUBC 108 - 320 / 12
C-GUBD 109 - 320 / 12
C-GUBF 110 - 320 / 12
C-GUBH 111 - 320 / 12

C-GTSR 201 - 333 / 12
C-GTSZ 202 - 333 / 12
C-GTSJ 203 - 333 / 12

The reason for the different seat counts is directly related to the R3/L3 doors. The lower seat count airplanes have a smaller R3/L3 door, whereas the high seat count airplanes have a regular size R3/L3 door. I believe it is an evacuation requirement - smaller door gives you a lower max seat count.

I am not certain as to the reason why the numbering change, but I believe that it is something at Airbus level. All 100-111 aircraft were built prior to 2005, whereas 201-203 are all 2006 or later builds. It's possible Airbus changed something in production between 2005 and 2006, but I'm not sure.
 
ryan78
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:54 am

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
ryan78 wrote:
There is also another A330 coming online this summer, to be GUBT. Total of 2 A320 dry-leases, 2 A321 dry-leases and 2 A330-200's coming before June, it's going to be a busy summer for TS!


Indeed, quite busy. Does it mean some of their remaining A310s will not serve this summer?


It was supposed to be 6 A310's this coming summer but TSH, which was supposed to be retired Jan 31st, was apparently bought outright by Transat for a very small amount. It is currently in GIG for C-Check and should rejoin the fleet shortly bringing it to 7 this summer.

tribird1011 wrote:
That is not correct

The reason for the different seat counts is directly related to the R3/L3 doors. The lower seat count airplanes have a smaller R3/L3 door, whereas the high seat count airplanes have a regular size R3/L3 door. I believe it is an evacuation requirement - smaller door gives you a lower max seat count.

I am not certain as to the reason why the numbering change, but I believe that it is something at Airbus level. All 100-111 aircraft were built prior to 2005, whereas 201-203 are all 2006 or later builds. It's possible Airbus changed something in production between 2005 and 2006, but I'm not sure.


Interesting, I stand corrected. thanks for all the information!
 
FlyingHamster33
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:07 am

Cyow wrote:
beautiful landing and cool to see that bird in white. Isn't the 330 a sexy piece of hardware or what?


The A330 continues to be the best looking wide bodied twin ever, its lines are just perfect, from tail to nose. ;)
 
JamesCousins
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:29 am

FlyingHamster33 wrote:
Cyow wrote:
beautiful landing and cool to see that bird in white. Isn't the 330 a sexy piece of hardware or what?


The A330 continues to be the best looking wide bodied twin ever, its lines are just perfect, from tail to nose. ;)


The 787 takes the title for me, maybe even the A350 with the new W/L
Q400, A320-200, A321-200, 737-500, 737-800, 747-400, 757-200, 787-9 // FCA, TOM, TUI, MON, MT, BA, VS, DL, BE, X9, OLY
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:07 am

ryan78 wrote:
There is also another A330 coming online this summer, to be GUBT. Total of 2 A330-200's coming before June


Must be those: http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/d ... -1.2184931
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat 11th A330-200 received

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:30 pm

So C-GUBL is already at YUL after ferrying from PVG via YVR.

Airbus A330 -243 728 C-GUBL Air Transat regd 27mar18, delivery 29mar18 PVG-YVR ex B-6121

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos