flyguy84
Topic Author

United working to replace P.S. with "United Coast"

Sat May 20, 2017 11:58 am

United is looking to replace their P.S. service with a new service called, United Coast. This will of course involve EWR-LAX/SFO but also introduce BOS into the mix. The hard product doesn't look to be changing in the near-term, however, it does look like some changes are on the horizon. Especially for Boston passengers.

http://www.aviationfigure.com/leaked-un ... ted-coast/
SFO

clrd4t8koff

Re: United working to replace P.S. with "United Coast"

Sat May 20, 2017 12:24 pm

I remember not that long ago people on here were pretty adamant that BOS would never see Business class style service to the west coast. We now have 3 airlines launching flat bed Business class seats to a mix of destinations including BGI, SEA, SFO, LAX and SAN. Pretty impressive how quick things change.

jayunited

Sat May 20, 2017 12:30 pm

UA's BOS passenger's have been begging for lie flat seating ever since UA launched P.S., now it seems as if passengers who fly BOS-SFO-BOS will finally have their wish come true. At some point the service will be introduced on UA's BOS-LAX-BOS route but passengers on that route will have to wait.

The expansion of this service to BOS makes me wonder if UA will introduce the service on IAD-SFO-IAD and IAD-LAX-IAD routes once they have enough aircraft with lie flat seats. Will some of the 737 Max's UA currently has on order be delivered with lie flat seating? This probably is being discussed in the fleet review how I would love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings.

klwright69

Sat May 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Not long ago on flyertalk there was a thread asserting that the PS brand was going away. I figured somebody here would eventually pick up on that.

Also more pmCO 757's with the BusinessFirst seating have been freed up recently. BFS was cut. IAD-MAN was cut. Also CCS lost the 757 with the configuration (and now has the 737). There is a pattern here.
Last edited by klwright69 on Sat May 20, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fun2fly

Sat May 20, 2017 12:38 pm

It could be why UA is keeping the pmUA 757's.

avi8

Sat May 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Hopefully they refurbish the aircraft and look nothing like the international 757's from AA. They are embarrassing.
avi8

Medschool student

atcsundevil

Sat May 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that "United Coast" is an absolutely terrible name? I'm not trying to hate on United or anything -- I'm a former 1K 0.8MMer, so I have a genuine interest in seeing them return to their former glory. I just don't think this is in any way a catchy name from a branding perspective. United p.s. was a good name and brand, and while I agree the it's time for an overhaul to compete with dramatically increased competition compared to the p.s. brand introduction, I just don't think a clunky name like "United Coast" will catch on very easily.

That aside, they'd better step their soft product game up if they aren't going to refresh their hard product. There's nothing wrong with the sCO Diamond seats on the 752s (I guess the 77As have got the old sUA IPTE J?), but they're both rather dated at this point. Between the sleek seats on Mint or the AA A321Ts or the modern cabin and fancy mood lighting on DL or VX, UA's cabins fall pretty far below the mark. That's something they're going to need to remedy sooner than later.

cathay747

Sat May 20, 2017 2:32 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that "United Coast" is an absolutely terrible name? I'm not trying to hate on United or anything -- I'm a former 1K 0.8MMer, so I have a genuine interest in seeing them return to their former glory. I just don't think this is in any way a catchy name from a branding perspective. United p.s. was a good name and brand, and while I agree the it's time for an overhaul to compete with dramatically increased competition compared to the p.s. brand introduction, I just don't think a clunky name like "United Coast" will catch on very easily.

I agree. Remember "Ocean to Ocean Service"? Now that was catchy! They revived "fly the Friendly Skies" (which of course they really need to dump at this point!), so why not "Ocean to Ocean Service"?
Try a Little VC-10derness

Blockplus

Sat May 20, 2017 2:35 pm

they should call it Trans-Continental service.

rnav2dlrey

Sat May 20, 2017 2:36 pm

i actually like "united coast", fwiw. 'as a millennial' (i cringe when i bring up generational identity; sorry for that), it seems like a more modern brand. yes, i realize 752s built in the 80s are flying the route - but they're in decent shape, and more importantly the sUA birds have channel 9! i wonder if/how long the new brand rollout is delayed because of the social media incidents. hopefully the sundae lives on.

IAD-LAX/SFO won't get coast anytime soon because the hub-hub nature of the route requires a ton of frames and carries a higher mix of low yield connecting traffic. yes, this is the same argument that i used against EWR getting p.s., but the facts are different. DCA isn't being abandoned, and dulles isn't newark in terms of travel to the CBD.

i could see DCA-SFO in the mix for coast. the issue with DCA is that the 753 is ideal for the route with its higher mix of government contracts that will pay for Y, but not necessarily J unless connecting TPAC.

chrisnh

Sat May 20, 2017 3:53 pm

I think swapping the 739s for 757s on the BOS-SFO run actually means a slight DECREASE in capacity, not an increase. Bigger plane but fewer seats. It does beg the question: will UA cap the number of daily 777s at two, or increase their use as more of the conversions appear. Personally I think that route is being fought over way too violently and is reaching overcapacity.

rta

Sat May 20, 2017 4:04 pm

rnav2dlrey wrote:
i actually like "united coast"

I like it too. I think they will be able to advertise it well. The 'p.s.' thing never really clicked for me.

Jo8338

Sat May 20, 2017 4:16 pm

The smart move would be to add the new United Coast service on SFO & LAX to MIA or FLL. Give AA a run for their money on this route as it goes 32b.

Sightseer

Sat May 20, 2017 4:27 pm

I quite like this move (apart from the name). It's a good response to what B6 and, more recently, DL have been doing in the transcon game. Interestingly, DL has also excluded BOS-LAX for the time being, while BOS-SFO will have it when it launches in a few weeks.

chrisnh wrote:
Personally I think that route is being fought over way too violently and is reaching overcapacity.

If so, then it would be prudent to reduce capacity and try to increase yields, which, as you note, is exactly what they seem to be doing.

Okcflyer

Sat May 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Perhaps it'll be something like "United Coast with Polaris". They're not using the Polaris "premiere" branding domestically. Polaris is a sizable soft product upgrade from the standard domestic F service and Polaris is their key "premium" brand.

I suspect this change ties in with the decision to complete the NGS mod on the PW 752 fleet. Minus the maintenance and mod, the birds are fully depreciated and can be used on this expanded "Coast" service at lower utilization rates and remain economical.

It probably helps Delta is keeping so many PW powered 752's (along with USAF C17's) as well as it keeps the engine volume above a critical mass level. Remember the PW 752's are actually a bit more fuel efficient than RR 752's. The PW downside has always been higher maintenance and overall reliability (most early issues got fixed some time ago)

klwright69

Sat May 20, 2017 5:03 pm

I don't think it's a bad name at all.
To me, PS goes at the end of a letter.

USAirALB

Sat May 20, 2017 5:18 pm

I wonder if they will add free meals for Y passengers.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

flyguy84
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2017 5:32 pm

USAirALB wrote:
I wonder if they will add free meals for Y passengers.

To remain competitive in the transcon market, one would assume they would have to improve their on-board offering.
SFO

EWRandMDW

Sat May 20, 2017 5:59 pm

United Coast ... hmmm. Everyone thinks of the Coast as either Atlantic or Pacific. But there is also the GULF Coast and, maybe a stretch, the area containing the Great Lakes has also been called a coast. So a United Coast should include all 3 (4?) areas bordering major bodies of water, right? That'll get western Florida, Houston and Chicago into the act.

Sancho99504

Sat May 20, 2017 6:32 pm

I wonder if a little change to the name will make it sound better to those who don't like it? United Coast sounds rather boring and unimaginative. However, what about Coast by United? Sounds a little more classy. Kind of like Residence Inn by Marriott?
kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out-USMC

LAX772LR

Sat May 20, 2017 6:35 pm

EWRandMDW wrote:
So a United Coast should include all 3 (4?) areas bordering major bodies of water, right?

There'd be no purpose in that. You can get from the central Gulf Coast to almost anywhere in the country in 4hrs or less.

What would be the point of having lie-flats on that? Customers couldn't really get much use out of them, so why would they pay.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

VC10er

Sat May 20, 2017 7:52 pm

I think "United Coast" is a smart, strategic name (as in brand and branding strategy) more than perhaps being a more sexy name, it makes a lot of sense. If United has a longer term vision of "owning" COAST TO COAST then United Coast works. It will catch on quickly for fliers, and if if the overall product, hard and soft are upped, it has the potential carry some good cache. I do think those of us on the east coast going onto points beyond on United, this is great news! The name also better fits some of their other simple naming conventions that they have been and are continuing to establish. United Polaris, United Club, United Economy Plus, United Hub, United 1k (not to forget their love of the word "plus"....it is all adds up to a simple naming convention. It nicely opens the way to eventually adding DC to EWR and BOS, and it may help in the LAX build-up if they add LAX to Boston.

I think that p.s. was a cute name at the time of launch, and it was at the time p.s. was innovative and really was "premium service" ...that got diluted over the years and others leapfrogged them. There was even a p.s. on the original 3 class 757's.

What I do wish for was consistency. The great thing about the original concept was the all 757 fleet, in 3 classes and the duvets and pillows from Westin and more was VERY consistent. I think United is in dire need for nicer looking interiors. The fact that many A319/20's actually look nicer than the 737's with the old UA silver bulkheads and new F seats. But no matter what, "beds=better".

I did fly a RT on the 77W (the first time in a few years and was in Polaris) and was unpleasantly surprised that there were no more ice cream sundaes: I got a mini Haagen-Daz vanilla cup!
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

slcdeltarumd11

Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Will United do this on BOS-LAX is the question. I am going to say Yes. This summer its only the lie flat 757s on BOS-SFO.

seat1a

Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Can the lie-flat concept (in addition to E+ and E) work on the 737-800 or 737-900? Something very similar to the JetBlue Mint concept?

BobPatterson

Sat May 20, 2017 8:13 pm

VC10er wrote:
I think that p.s. was a cute name at the time of launch, and it was at the time p.s. was innovative and really was "premium service" ...that got diluted over the years and others leapfrogged them. There was even a p.s. on the original 3 class 757's.

Thank you for pointing out (22 posts into the thread) that PS or p.s. stands for "premium service".

I suppose that, as an aid to obfuscation, the new service will become known as U.C.

Yuck.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

MAH4546

Sat May 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Within 5 years I suspect lieflats will be the norm for carriers on the key transcons between SF/LA and NYC/BOS/WAS/MIA, but it's entirely thanks to JetBlue.
a.

intotheair

Sat May 20, 2017 8:39 pm

I am not a fan of the name, though perhaps it'll grow on me. Some of my first thoughts when I first saw it:

> Let's hope the engines don't "coast" on arrival!
> Let's hope UA isn't "coasting" on the once great p.s. reputation!
> The United Coast — isn't that what they'll call the coastline along the English channel once the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland unite?
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

rnav2dlrey

Sat May 20, 2017 9:03 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Will United do this on BOS-LAX is the question. I am going to say Yes. This summer its only the lie flat 757s on BOS-SFO.

i don't see this happening anytime soon. yes, last summer UA used a sUA 16J 752 on one of the route's two daily frequencies. however, UA doesn't even fly the route for several weeks in the middle of winter. this has been the case for several years now because of how thin the loads get. i've been CPU'd on the redeye eastbound in non-summer months, only to go back to empty economy plus because i can get a whole row to myself and lie down.

believe me, i'd love for it to happen - i fly to LAX a lot more than SFO, and go out of my way to connect in LAX wherever possible. a strong "coast" marketing push could drive J traffic to book UA, but they're behind AA, DL and of course B6 in market share on route. the opposite is true for SFO.

unscientifically looking at google flights on a random summer schedule wednesday (12 july), BOS-LAX:
AA: 5 daily, mix of A321 and 737
DL: 3x, all 737
B6: 3x, all A320
VX: 3x, A320
UA: 2x, 737

lightsaber

Sat May 20, 2017 9:42 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Within 5 years I suspect lieflats will be the norm for carriers on the key transcons between SF/LA and NYC/BOS/WAS/MIA, but it's entirely thanks to JetBlue.

Yea, my thoughts too. This BOS-SFO is a Mint reaction.

I personally have found a lie flat wonderful for even a 3 hour flight. But I wouldn't pay for it (my employer paid).

I would add to/from selected Hawaiian cities too.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

VC10er

Sat May 20, 2017 10:02 pm

I have selected a flat bed seat just to fly EWR to MIA a couple months ago and I ALWAYS take the one flat bed flight a day from EWR to DEN. My company pays for it. A flat bed is always welcome, even for 3 hour flights, especially for business...many times the team is very tired staying up very late the night before a big presentation and the added sleep is helpful. The price difference is about $300 more RT and worth it for folks who kill themselves to hit deadlines. I also "assume" that the top execs of NYC and Boston companies get it as a perk. So, I think it has to do with United's corp contracts. Many of my SF friends either work for, or have friends who work for Apple in very senior positions and they are always in international business, or Domestic F. United could win Transcon PREMIUM travelers if they want it bad enough, but it will take more than JUST a flat bed. The new security lanes at EWR are awesome and with TSA Pre - EWR could be more attractive for big business. (now the lounges are a whole other topic) Boston does have a nice United Club.
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

tphuang

Sat May 20, 2017 10:24 pm

This is not a reaction to b6, it's a reaction to delta. They are doing this the same time delta enters the market with delta one. If you look at June and July. They are price matching delta on all the business and economy class fares while offering much better schedule. They don't want to loose any customer out of bos or San Francisco to delta and remain the legacy of choice here.

It will be interesting to see how long these legacies can keep selling lie flat at 549 on Saturday and 599 on weekdays while charging 175 in economy.

I'd be interested to see how determined delta will be on this route.

COSPN

Sat May 20, 2017 10:31 pm

I live in Indiana we have Lake Michigan as our northern boarder .. never heard of Indiana as a coastal state ..

SFOtoORD

Sat May 20, 2017 11:38 pm

tphuang wrote:
This is not a reaction to b6, it's a reaction to delta. They are doing this the same time delta enters the market with delta one. If you look at June and July. They are price matching delta on all the business and economy class fares while offering much better schedule. They don't want to loose any customer out of bos or San Francisco to delta and remain the legacy of choice here.

It will be interesting to see how long these legacies can keep selling lie flat at 549 on Saturday and 599 on weekdays while charging 175 in economy.

I think it's pretty hard to conclusively state this is a reaction to Delta. United has long dominated SFO-BOS and flies some big metal there so I think they understand the market dynamics as well as anyone. I personally suspect this is a B6 reaction as they were the first mover, but again only UA can really say.

KLMatSJC

Sat May 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Making it a coast to coast venture would allow them to easily give out free meals, like how DL is currently doing
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood

PA727

Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 pm

VC10er wrote:
I think "United Coast" is a smart, strategic name (as in brand and branding strategy) more than perhaps being a more sexy name, it makes a lot of sense. If United has a longer term vision of "owning" COAST TO COAST then United Coast works. It will catch on quickly for fliers, and if if the overall product, hard and soft are upped, it has the potential carry some good cache. I do think those of us on the east coast going onto points beyond on United, this is great news! The name also better fits some of their other simple naming conventions that they have been and are continuing to establish. United Polaris, United Club, United Economy Plus, United Hub, United 1k (not to forget their love of the word "plus"....it is all adds up to a simple naming convention. It nicely opens the way to eventually adding DC to EWR and BOS, and it may help in the LAX build-up if they add LAX to Boston.

What I do wish for was consistency. The great thing about the original concept was the all 757 fleet, in 3 classes and the duvets and pillows from Westin and more was VERY consistent. I think United is in dire need for nicer looking interiors. The fact that many A319/20's actually look nicer than the 737's with the old UA silver bulkheads and new F seats. But no matter what, "beds=better".

I did fly a RT on the 77W (the first time in a few years and was in Polaris) and was unpleasantly surprised that there were no more ice cream sundaes: I got a mini Haagen-Daz vanilla cup!

Really like what you say about the name from a branding point. It will be catchy, indeed. As a non-millennial, I'd have gone with United Coasts though ;)

On a more serious note, though, is the source citing this leak a legit site? Reading the post I saw several references that made me wonder, such as. "competing with the Virgin America product." It very well may be United has this planned, and if not, they'd best get on it, but forgive me for being a little leery of anything I read or hear these days.

tphuang

Sun May 21, 2017 12:08 am

SFOtoORD wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I think it's pretty hard to conclusively state this is a reaction to Delta. United has long dominated SFO-BOS and flies some big metal there so I think they understand the market dynamics as well as anyone. I personally suspect this is a B6 reaction as they were the first mover, but again only UA can really say.

It's certainly possible, but I think they are entering this with the lie flats at the same time that Delta enters the market is not a coincidence. I also checked the prices again for June and July. They are consistently selling similar timed flights business class for $20 more than Delta. They economy class fares are about the same everywhere. B6 and VX have their own separate revenue management scheme. Looks like to me that UA is trying to choke off DL before they can gain any traction on this route.

Also fyi, I don't know how VX is going to be able to sell their FC at the price they are charging.

Channex757

Sun May 21, 2017 1:10 am

Whatever they are doing, it'll be driven by corporate contracts. Coast is a nice idea; makes it sound younger and snappier.

The bankers and entertainment industry riders will be attracted to it. It positions this service as special within the United route portfolio, just like Mint is upscale JetBlue. There won't be that many walkup cash sales but it's the company account buyers who will notice.

To me it's positioning United for the day the Virgin brand goes away as well.

N62NA

Sun May 21, 2017 1:31 am

Channex757 wrote:
The bankers and entertainment industry riders will be attracted to it.

I don't think so, because it's not offered to/from JFK.

MAH4546 wrote:

Probably, but not MIA.

AA is going 32B on the LAX route (and maybe all 32B if they drop the 1x 77W in November), with horribly uncomfortable F cabin seats (seats, not lie flat beds), and AA MIA-SFO gets plain old domestic 738s / 32Bs.

bunumuring

Sun May 21, 2017 1:34 am

Hey guys,
I like the new name too. To me it makes a lot more sense than 'ps' but I also liked that moniker!
VC10er, great analysis!
Channex757, I agree completely with your post.
Cheers
Bunumuring
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

MAH4546

Sun May 21, 2017 1:37 am

N62NA wrote:
Channex757 wrote:
The bankers and entertainment industry riders will be attracted to it.

I don't think so, because it's not offered to/from JFK.

MAH4546 wrote:

Probably, but not MIA.

AA is going 32B on the LAX route (and maybe all 32B if they drop the 1x 77W in November), with horribly uncomfortable F cabin seats (seats, not lie flat beds), and AA MIA-SFO gets plain old domestic 738s / 32Bs.

Then AA will lose customers to JetBlue and potentially others. The problem on MIALAX will be fixed, and the solution is likely the new 757 fleet, which will be MIA-based.
a.

jayunited

Sun May 21, 2017 2:24 am

tphuang wrote:

I don't think the price in business class will be a problem I think it will entice people to actually buy a lie flat seat. If you take a look at the upgrade list on these coast to coast flights no matter the airline you will see one consistency which is there are plenty of FF's on the upgrade list hoping for a free upgrade. By pricing the business class product competitively airlines are trying to limit if not eliminate free upgrades. There are plenty of people who would pay $549 for a confirmed seat in business class on a 6 hour flight. I think AA, DL and UA are responding to the market and instead of giving aways lie flat seats for free to FF's who only bought an economy class ticket now they can probably fill business class with customer who actually bought a business class lie flat seat.
Customers who have become accustomed to getting free upgrades on AA, DL and UA will soon find it nearly impossible as airlines continues to price their premium class seat more competitively. Customers might now be willing to pay $1,000 dollars one way but I bet there are plenty of people who would pay $549 for a lie flat seat on BOS-SFO-BOS route.

N62NA

Sun May 21, 2017 2:55 am

MAH4546 wrote:

Then AA will lose customers to JetBlue and potentially others. The problem on MIALAX will be fixed, and the solution is likely the new 757 fleet, which will be MIA-based.

What others? UA? No. Delta? No.

And FLL is not an option for those of us on a line from the Tuttle south.

The reality is MIA-LAX/SFO is not viewed as a "premium" route by AA, with their plethora of 738/32B equipment on the route and with their de facto monopoly on both routes, they have no reason to upgrade the service.

F9Animal

Sun May 21, 2017 3:39 am

atcsundevil wrote:

That aside, they'd better step their soft product game up if they aren't going to refresh their hard product. There's nothing wrong with the sCO Diamond seats on the 752s (I guess the 77As have got the old sUA IPTE J?), but they're both rather dated at this point. Between the sleek seats on Mint or the AA A321Ts or the modern cabin and fancy mood lighting on DL or VX, UA's cabins fall pretty far below the mark. That's something they're going to need to remedy sooner than later.

Well, whoever came up with the name must have also created TED. It takes a big paycheck to come up with these grand ideas. LOL! I agree, the name is really a waste of dollars in my opinion, especially if the product isn't going to change. The entire airline needs a makeover in all reality. A new corporate image. Something refreshing. I am confident UA will come out ahead.
I Am A Different Animal!!

SFOtoORD

Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 am

F9Animal wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

Well, whoever came up with the name must have also created TED. It takes a big paycheck to come up with these grand ideas. LOL! I agree, the name is really a waste of dollars in my opinion, especially if the product isn't going to change. The entire airline needs a makeover in all reality. A new corporate image. Something refreshing. I am confident UA will come out ahead.

I love lines like "It takes a big paycheck to come up with these grand ideas." It's right up there with the people who attribute everything to the "bean counters." This sounds like a small initiative probably run at a relatively low level of UAs corporate structure and something far removed from a full brand makeover. Even if they started that scale of project after the recent incident it would be months before you'd hear anything concrete. PS is a bit of a lost product and I think any refresh is a good idea at this point although probably best to reserve judgement until details are announced.

Sancho99504

Sun May 21, 2017 4:16 am

jayunited wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I don't think the price in business class will be a problem I think it will entice people to actually buy a lie flat seat. If you take a look at the upgrade list on these coast to coast flights no matter the airline you will see one consistency which is there are plenty of FF's on the upgrade list hoping for a free upgrade. By pricing the business class product competitively airlines are trying to limit if not eliminate free upgrades. There are plenty of people who would pay $549 for a confirmed seat in business class on a 6 hour flight. I think AA, DL and UA are responding to the market and instead of giving aways lie flat seats for free to FF's who only bought an economy class ticket now they can probably fill business class with customer who actually bought a business class lie flat seat.
Customers who have become accustomed to getting free upgrades on AA, DL and UA will soon find it nearly impossible as airlines continues to price their premium class seat more competitively. Customers might now be willing to pay $1,000 dollars one way but I bet there are plenty of people who would pay $549 for a lie flat seat on BOS-SFO-BOS route.

You're not kidding. I just flew TUL-ATL-SEA yesterday, with ATL-SEA on a 76W in Delta one. Ithe was $497.80 to fly on a 739 vs $583.20 to fly on a 767 in a lie-flat. I'll pay a few hundred more for tmforhe lie-flat l, even if it is anot old BusinessElite seat.
kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out-USMC

F27500

Sun May 21, 2017 5:25 am

.. what did "p.s." stand for ?

BestWestern

Sun May 21, 2017 5:53 am

Coast = proceed without using much power.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

SFOtoORD

Sun May 21, 2017 5:54 am

F27500 wrote:
.. what did "p.s." stand for ?

VC10er wrote:
I think that p.s. was a cute name at the time of launch, and it was at the time p.s. was innovative and really was "premium service"

wjcandee

Sun May 21, 2017 6:10 am

United Coast sounds like a deodorant soap to me. Of course, United needs a good deodorant soaping and some fresher air these days, so maybe it's not so bad.

klwright69

Sun May 21, 2017 6:20 am

Well, they really needed to dump the term "premium." It's overused. McDonalds now serves premium chicken sandwiches. At Wal Mart they sell premium bread. Premium bagels, too.

You get the idea.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos