Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Boeing778X
Topic Author

Envoy To Open MIA Crew Base In September

Mon May 22, 2017 11:35 pm

Great news for Envoy! We are expanding at such a great rate! There will be 30 flights a day from MIA!

Today we’re pleased to announce that Envoy will re-establish a crew base in Miami (MIA) for pilots and flight attendants in September. They’ll join the more than 900 Envoy Customer Services and Maintenance employees already operating in the Miami hub.

With Envoy operating nearly 30 daily flights out of American’s Miami hub, it will enable us to better support the current flying American has asked us to perform in that vital international gateway and position Envoy for future growth.

This is great news for employees who live or have family in the Miami-Dade area and who have been commuting to other bases.

“We’re delighted to provide our pilots and flight attendants with a fourth crew base in the very near future,” said Dee Temples, Senior Vice President Air Operations. “We know we have many employees from South Florida and this new domicile will give them a much more convenient option.”

http://www.envoyair.com/2017/05/22/envo ... ack-miami/
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

Acey559

Re: Envoy To Open MIA Crew Base In September

Tue May 23, 2017 12:47 am

Should say re-open after they closed it and displaced a bunch of people a few years back. Same with NYC.

N62NA

Tue May 23, 2017 12:51 am

I wonder why they changed their mind? Was only a few years ago that they CLOSED it.

flyguy84

Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 am

Boeing778X wrote:
Great news for Envoy! We are expanding at such a great rate! There will be 30 flights a day from MIA!

Today we’re pleased to announce that Envoy will re-establish a crew base in Miami (MIA) for pilots and flight attendants in September. They’ll join the more than 900 Envoy Customer Services and Maintenance employees already operating in the Miami hub.

With Envoy operating nearly 30 daily flights out of American’s Miami hub, it will enable us to better support the current flying American has asked us to perform in that vital international gateway and position Envoy for future growth.

This is great news for employees who live or have family in the Miami-Dade area and who have been commuting to other bases.

“We’re delighted to provide our pilots and flight attendants with a fourth crew base in the very near future,” said Dee Temples, Senior Vice President Air Operations. “We know we have many employees from South Florida and this new domicile will give them a much more convenient option.”

Not expanding... but ok. This was a previous base as was NY which was closed and re-opened.
SFO

MAH4546

Tue May 23, 2017 1:19 am

Not expansion, just opening a base where Envoy already operates 30 daily flights.
a.

Jo8338

Tue May 23, 2017 1:38 am

What are the 30 flights? What equipment? ERD or 175?

Jo8338

Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 am

What are the 30 flights? What equipment? ERD or 175?

Dominion301

Tue May 23, 2017 2:35 am

You'd think this would mean that AA might finally add daily E75 flights out of MIA to places such as Upstate NY and YOW. All of whom could easily support a nonstop E-Jet.

UPNYGuy

Tue May 23, 2017 2:42 am

Dominion301 wrote:
You'd think this would mean that AA might finally add daily E75 flights out of MIA to places such as Upstate NY and YOW. All of whom could easily support a nonstop E-Jet.

Exactly!! ALB-MIA could support a nonstop E75. I'm actually surprised they haven't added it by now.

Flyer732

Tue May 23, 2017 2:50 am

UPNYGuy wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

Exactly!! ALB-MIA could support a nonstop E75. I'm actually surprised they haven't added it by now.

Republic already has a sizable operation in MIA for AA with all E175s, including flights to HPN and several other "northern" stations.

FlyUSAir

Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 am

Flyer732 wrote:
UPNYGuy wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

Republic already has a sizable operation in MIA for AA with all E175s, including flights to HPN and several other "northern" stations.

HPN-MIA last I heard is going bye bye in August. AA/US will only have flights out of HPN to CLT, DCA, and ORD.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400

Jo8338

Tue May 23, 2017 3:29 am

Republic has a 6am MIA - LGA which returns 9:30. This is a E75

Varsity1

Tue May 23, 2017 3:38 am

It's a 145 station. The 175 will still be Republic.

Envoy is trying to get the 175's back from Compass and take their LAX operations. AA owns the planes.

thegoldenargosy

Tue May 23, 2017 3:54 am

When did the MIA base close before?

Acey559

Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 am

thegoldenargosy wrote:
When did the MIA base close before?

Around 2014 or 2015. I can't remember if it was closed or about to close when I left Eagle in February of 2014. But right around that timeframe when AA was putting the squeeze on Eagle big time by closing a bunch of bases and threatening a shutdown, etc.

Boeing778X
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2017 6:26 am

flyguy84 wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

Not expanding... but ok. This was a previous base as was NY which was closed and re-opened.

I should have elaborated, sorry!

Envoy is RE-OPENING MIA.

Varsity1 wrote:
It's a 145 station. The 175 will still be Republic.

Envoy is trying to get the 175's back from Compass and take their LAX operations. AA owns the planes.

Word on the street is, Compass will not renew the contract with AA and go completely to DL. In a year or two, aircraft 200-219 should be going to MQ.

SyracuseAvGeek

Tue May 23, 2017 9:04 pm

FlyUSAir wrote:
Flyer732 wrote:
UPNYGuy wrote:

HPN-MIA last I heard is going bye bye in August. AA/US will only have flights out of HPN to CLT, DCA, and ORD.

HPN-MIA most likely didn't work because of the close proximity to the NYC area. Wouldn't be suprised to see MIA-BUF either, MIA-ROC/SYR might be a bit of a stretch.
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

FSDan

Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
Wouldn't be suprised to see MIA-BUF either, MIA-ROC/SYR might be a bit of a stretch.

It seems to me that MIA-BUF, MIA-MKE, and MIA-PVD are big holes in the MIA network that could easily be served by E75s. AA has done a good job in recent years of closing up some of the other holes that existed such as MIA-MCI, MIA-OMA, MIA-SAT, and MIA-AUS.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

INFINITI329

Wed May 31, 2017 8:39 am

Boeing778X wrote:
Word on the street is, Compass will not renew the contract with AA and go completely to DL. In a year or two, aircraft 200-219 should be going to MQ

I thought it was the other way around as AA wanted to dump Compass. If it is in fact Compass initiated, do they anticipate that much growth with DL? Can the DL side of the house absorb the 50+ pilots currently supporting AA?

Is Republic flying any AA owned birds?

miaskies

Wed May 31, 2017 7:36 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:
Word on the street is, Compass will not renew the contract with AA and go completely to DL. In a year or two, aircraft 200-219 should be going to MQ

I thought it was the other way around as AA wanted to dump Compass. If it is in fact Compass initiated, do they anticipate that much growth with DL? Can the DL side of the house absorb the 50+ pilots currently supporting AA?

All former US Airways Express E-175 (pre 2014 deliveries) and all of the "new" American Eagle E-175 (post 2014 deliveries) that Republic flies for AA as American Eagle and American Shuttle are owned by Republic and flown for AA. They are all YX and HP registered aircraft. Republic flies close to 80 E-175 for American. The E-175 flown by Envoy and Compass as American Eagle are owned by AA and leased to Envoy and Compass for Eagle flying.

Word on the jetway is that things are not looking too good for Compass with any carrier - DL or AA. But like everything else in this industry, wait and see what happens; rumors are rumors. But DL just gave Republic 6 DL owned E-170 aircraft that were being flown by Compass. 2 of these E-170's are flying as DL Connection and DL Shuttle already out of NYC (LGA/JFK), 4 more coming thru the end of June. They are a welcome to passengers tired of CRJ flying out of NYC and of course helping with the DL BOS buildup.
Crosscheck Complete :)

Dash8Driver16

Wed May 31, 2017 8:13 pm

Iam pretty sure the Compass contract is signed into the 2020's. good news for Envoy and am glad that the flying in MIA is not coming at the expense of a different regional.

Cyow

Wed May 31, 2017 8:18 pm

Dominion301 wrote:

Exactly! I'd also love to see a AA order for the Cseries and have that on the MIA-YOW route.
"Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

jonair8

Wed May 31, 2017 8:20 pm

DL isn't too happy with Compass either. Their planes are starting to get tired, and they lost the west coast Delta Shuttle. OO got 19 E7Ws to operate for DL to start, so who knows about Compass's future with either AA or DL...

TWFlyGuy

Wed May 31, 2017 8:38 pm

FSDan wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
Wouldn't be suprised to see MIA-BUF either, MIA-ROC/SYR might be a bit of a stretch.

It seems to me that MIA-BUF, MIA-MKE, and MIA-PVD are big holes in the MIA network that could easily be served by E75s. AA has done a good job in recent years of closing up some of the other holes that existed such as MIA-MCI, MIA-OMA, MIA-SAT, and MIA-AUS.

What does MIA-BUF/MKE/PVD give AA that flights from those cities to CLT doesn't? Mostly South America and I have to wonder what the PDEW from those would be. Keep in mind that one big advantage the CLT hub has is very low costs so passing over CLT to get people to MIA has to have some additional advantage. I would say that MCI/OMA/SAT/AUS may not make sense to flow over CLT because they may be more circuitous, specially AUS/SAT.

CcrlR

Wed May 31, 2017 8:49 pm

miaskies wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

All former US Airways Express E-175 (pre 2014 deliveries) and all of the "new" American Eagle E-175 (post 2014 deliveries) that Republic flies for AA as American Eagle and American Shuttle are owned by Republic and flown for AA. They are all YX and HP registered aircraft. Republic flies close to 80 E-175 for American. The E-175 flown by Envoy and Compass as American Eagle are owned by AA and leased to Envoy and Compass for Eagle flying.

Word on the jetway is that things are not looking too good for Compass with any carrier - DL or AA. But like everything else in this industry, wait and see what happens; rumors are rumors. But DL just gave Republic 6 DL owned E-170 aircraft that were being flown by Compass. 2 of these E-170's are flying as DL Connection and DL Shuttle already out of NYC (LGA/JFK), 4 more coming thru the end of June. They are a welcome to passengers tired of CRJ flying out of NYC and of course helping with the DL BOS buildup.

The E175's with the "NN" at the end of the registration number Compass flies are the ones owned by AA, part of the original order when the divesting occurred.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

Dominion301

Wed May 31, 2017 8:51 pm

TWFlyGuy wrote:
FSDan wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

What does MIA-BUF/MKE/PVD give AA that flights from those cities to CLT doesn't? Mostly South America and I have to wonder what the PDEW from those would be. Keep in mind that one big advantage the CLT hub has is very low costs so passing over CLT to get people to MIA has to have some additional advantage. I would say that MCI/OMA/SAT/AUS may not make sense to flow over CLT because they may be more circuitous, specially AUS/SAT.

South America for sure plus a lot of South Florida O&D + a larger Caribbean network out of MIA.

KCaviator

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:56 am

miaskies wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

Minor detail, but they're HQ, not HP.

TWFlyGuy

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
TWFlyGuy wrote:
FSDan wrote:

South America for sure plus a lot of South Florida O&D + a larger Caribbean network out of MIA.

But again...is South America a big enough market from each of those cities to make over-flying CLT worth it? With CLT being cheaper to operate than MIA, you have to have enough additional passengers on the additional connections paying higher fares to justify the overflying. If there were that many, AA would have added those cities some time ago. That they didn't suggests that the market isn't there.

Boeing778X
Topic Author

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:55 pm

miaskies wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

A little side note, Envoy, as a subsidiary of AAG, does not "lease" their aircraft.

But for the most part, yes. DL, I am told, wants Compass for themselves.

Dominion301

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:03 pm

TWFlyGuy wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
TWFlyGuy wrote:

But again...is South America a big enough market from each of those cities to make over-flying CLT worth it? With CLT being cheaper to operate than MIA, you have to have enough additional passengers on the additional connections paying higher fares to justify the overflying. If there were that many, AA would have added those cities some time ago. That they didn't suggests that the market isn't there.

For a 737, the market probably isn't there (despite all the service to FLL), but for an E75, the market probably is there. I agree South America isn't huge, but MIA/FLL O&D, even in low season, is definitely enough to fill an E75, especially with a few connectors thrown in daily.

DiamondFlyer

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Boeing778X wrote:
miaskies wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

A little side note, Envoy, as a subsidiary of AAG, does not "lease" their aircraft.

But for the most part, yes. DL, I am told, wants Compass for themselves.

DL doesn't want Compass at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Compass shut down in 5 years. Heck, TSH could go from 3 carriers to 1 in the next 5 years.
From my cold, dead hands

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos