BoeingGuy

Re: Pilot refuses to fly packed airplane because passenger labelled his personal WIFI ‘Jihadist Cell London 1’

Thu May 25, 2017 7:41 pm

32andBelow wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
For what? It's not a crime. Moron.

No, 32 isn't a moron. The moron who is totally clueless about what is appropriate on an airplane is the moron. You just don't do stuff like that. Anyone with an iota of intelligence should know that. You don't joke about that.

It's like the idiot going through security one day and the TSA asked what was in his bag. His joking reply was, "just plastic explosives."

You just simply do not joke about stuff like this, especially at an airport. How many people died on 9/11? Is that funny?

You want to sent people to jail over some dorm room prank they did and they didn't rename it. Get over yourselves.

I was mistaken in my original post. I was defending the wrong poster. I think you need to get over it. Many innocent people have died from terrorists. Some due to airplane attacks, and thankfully some that were thwarted.

If you are naive enough to think that this kind of "joke" is appropriate, you really need to get over yourself and grow up.

It's like saying you have a bomb or yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater. Anyone with an iota of brains wouldn't do it.

RL777

Re: Pilot refuses to fly packed airplane because passenger labelled his personal WIFI ‘Jihadist Cell London 1’

Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 pm

I wouldn't want to operate the flight either, you can't take chances these days. I hope they come down hard on the individual in question, but we know it'll probably be a slap on the wrist so we don't upset the snowflakes who would say "oh it was just a joke gone wrong".

SFOATLFlyer

Thu May 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Fortress11 wrote:
SFOATLFlyer wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
Well done. I hope they come down heavy-handed on that retarded moron and let him rot in a Mexican jail.

Can society as a whole stop calling people retarded? You do realize we no longer even call mentally or physically challenged people retarded as we once did. Regardless, it's use is offensive.

:banghead: :banghead:

Yes, the term is offensive and it shouldn't be thrown around, but there are bigger issues at hand here. Mainly being some idiot making a jihadist joke on an actual aeroplane, on a flight to the UK (terror threat level: critical), hours after an Islamic Fundamentalist killed 22 people.

I'm shocked that some a.nutters still seem to think this kind of thing is funny, when surely it's common sense that you don't do this kind of s**t!

I never said the incident in question was funny or not serious. I point out the insensitivity in your choice of words. Maybe it has something to do with my own handicapped child. Still, If I want sophomoric conversation, I can get that on Facebook. Then again, the insults I see daily on a.net, it's turning into a joke just like Facebook.

NichCage

Thu May 25, 2017 8:14 pm

This is quite a stupid move. It's like shouting out that you have ebola on an airplane. With the fear of terrorism, the pilot reacted the right way.

asdf

Thu May 25, 2017 8:32 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Frankly, this 'joke' is not funny.

Hope the airline puts him/her on the no fly list.

why is everone thinking it was a "joke" ?
whats if he is naming his device always like this and didnt thought about the problem potential @ the plane?

as i was young i often named my bluetooth device thinks like "wanna have se*?"
yeas, i know ... childish ... but like the case here ... not criminal ... maybe stupid ...

aerorobnz

Thu May 25, 2017 8:44 pm

It was probably a loader or a gate agent's wifi SSD. someone close enough to the aircraft that moved on to another task by the time the fuzz arrived.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

uberflieger

Thu May 25, 2017 8:53 pm

aerorobnz wrote:
It was probably a loader or a gate agent's wifi SSD

That would have been 'Yihadista celula DF 1'. Just saying :D

turjo101

Thu May 25, 2017 9:27 pm

If a high profile murder took place in a city that captivated the entire country's attention, and not even 2 days later someone in a neighboring town put up a wifi with the name "I am affiliated with the 'high-profile murderer', would that be passed off as a joke? would it not warrant police to investigate?

Ohh hang on...how is this any different?

I am not saying they deserve x # of years in prison. But they definitely deserve to be hauled off to a detention center of some sort and go through some vigorous "enhanced interrogation", for public safety. Should we not try to be 100% certain that this is in fact just a joke and there really is no affiliation. In light of whats happening around the world, her/his last name, age, ethnicity, skin color, gender, actual beliefs and ideologies are completely irrelevant. That person needs to properly interrogated to establish that s/he has no links to any dangerous groups.

Bricktop

Thu May 25, 2017 9:42 pm

b747400erf wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
"Your majesty, the charges are disrespecting and bad taste. I recommend 10 years of solitary confinement"

Reductio ad absurdum. But I suppose different people have different tolerances for douchebaggery. Mine's pretty high (I'm kind of a douchebag myself according to my son) but it's below this.

My comment is mocking the people that are demanding this person be locked in prison or tortured by mob justice. Did you just learn a latin phrase at school today and try and play smart?

I had the "pleasure" of learning (well, forced into taking) Latin in HS. It's not an uncommon phrase actually, at least among the more erudite of us. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/erudite. If you learned something new, then this thread isn't a complete waste of electrons. Bonum diem habe, amicus meus.

flipdewaf

Thu May 25, 2017 9:58 pm

It's funny in that its taking the piss out of questions on immigration forms like "are you or your family involved in terrorism?" Unfortunately he/she forgot that now you have to take account of people who take life too seriously or think they can make scene and get in the paper rather than just a have a chuckle and move on.

Seems like the fun police have invaded a.net

Fired

CalTex

Thu May 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Thomson's 787-9s hold 345 passengers. If we assume 350 pax and crew delayed for 24 hours (assuming plane wasn't totally full), that's 350 days of people's lives wasted. I think that would make an appropriate jail sentence for the perpetrator?

32andBelow

Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Trust me that a terrorist is not naming his wifi network. Jehadi cell 1

Aesma

Thu May 25, 2017 10:52 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
Well done. I hope they come down heavy-handed on that retarded moron and let him rot in a Mexican jail.

No, 32 isn't a moron. The moron who is totally clueless about what is appropriate on an airplane is the moron. You just don't do stuff like that. Anyone with an iota of intelligence should know that. You don't joke about that.

It's like the idiot going through security one day and the TSA asked what was in his bag. His joking reply was, "just plastic explosives."

You just simply do not joke about stuff like this, especially at an airport. How many people died on 9/11? Is that funny?

Yes, it can be funny for some people. On 9/11 they used stuff that was perfectly legal to have on board and were not asked about it by security.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

flyer1225

Thu May 25, 2017 11:01 pm

It's still not acceptable or PC to name your wifi network in such an inconsiderate manner. Obviously, people who think it's a joking matter like this have never had such an incident affect them personally.
6E/9W/AA/AF/AI/AS/B6/BA/DJ/DL/EK/FL/HA/IC/IT/JQ/LH/LX/OS/QF/S2/SG/UA/US/VS/VX/WN

edmaircraft

Thu May 25, 2017 11:46 pm

airbazar wrote:
Overreacting much? Have we become really that sensitive and that a inappropriately named network name is now a security threat? Geez!
Imagine the disruptions at major airports if all it takes is someone inappropriately naming their personal wifi's. I don't even have to be in a terminal to do that. I can just sit in my car and turn on a bunch of personal wifi hotspots with inappropriate names.The actions of the crew were no less silly then the person who named the wifi hotspot like that, IMO.

I see a great difference between yourself sitting in your car fooling around and a potential security threat that, if true, has harmful ramifications for hundreds of other people.

Refusing to operate the flight may be a tad over the top, but still, right after Monday night's events in Manchester? Better safe than sorry.
Let me up!

OneSexyL1011

Fri May 26, 2017 12:16 am

It's all fun and games until an airplane blows up. A lot of you, on an airline forum think this is funny, or was an overreaction, or is no big dea....etc

My goodness some of you people need a reminder what industry this is and what world you live in. God forbid something terrible happens to remind you. Enough people have already shed blood that you shouldn't need a reminder.

Pathetic, and as somebody who works in the industry and lost coworkers on 9/11 I personally find this down right offensive.

Planetalk

Fri May 26, 2017 12:21 am

turjo101 wrote:
If a high profile murder took place in a city that captivated the entire country's attention, and not even 2 days later someone in a neighboring town put up a wifi with the name "I am affiliated with the 'high-profile murderer', would that be passed off as a joke? would it not warrant police to investigate?

Ohh hang on...how is this any different?

I am not saying they deserve x # of years in prison. But they definitely deserve to be hauled off to a detention center of some sort and go through some vigorous "enhanced interrogation", for public safety. Should we not try to be 100% certain that this is in fact just a joke and there really is no affiliation. In light of whats happening around the world, her/his last name, age, ethnicity, skin color, gender, actual beliefs and ideologies are completely irrelevant. That person needs to properly interrogated to establish that s/he has no links to any dangerous groups.

Woah I thought putting him in prison was too much and now you want him tortured? This thread is insane. Really, if you're going to start randomly torturing people for doing nothing, you're possibly worse than a lot of the people you see as your enemies.

I'm sure most of the people saying this kind of joke is inapproriate, he deserves to be locked up etc. are the same people who complain about political correctness when someone complains about their inapproriate language. It's be funny if it wasn't so tragic. God knows how Britain would have gotten through the blitz if people had been as pathetic and scared as today. You're playing the terrorists game with all this hysteria.

AirCalSNA

Fri May 26, 2017 12:56 am

If you think joking about terrorism on a plane or in an airport is just good, clean fun you'd probably enjoy watching people crush each other to death after shouting fire in a crowded theater ... there's something rather sadistic and juvenile about someone inflicting (or risking the infliction of) panic in complete strangers solely for the sake of a private giggle.

aklrno

Fri May 26, 2017 1:08 am

Many years ago I knew an IBM Field Engineer (i.e. mainframe repairman) who had a spot of bother at an airport when asked what was in the package the size of a large book that he insisted on taking as cabin baggage because of its fragility. It was a core memory array , worth several thousand dollars back in the 70's. It was called a Basic Operating Memory. His answer was "It's a BOM", then immediately realized he was a fool. Much explaining ensued, but no arrest.

alfa164

Fri May 26, 2017 1:43 am

asdf wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

why is everone thinking it was a "joke" ? whats if he is naming his device always like this and didnt thought about the problem potential @ the plane?
as i was young i often named my bluetooth device thinks like "wanna have se*?" yeas, i know ... childish ... but like the case here ... not criminal ... maybe stupid ...

Everyone seems to overlook that this probably wasn't something he chose as a hot-spot name just when boarding the flight; this was a moniker he used every day of the week, undoubtedly thinking it was humorous... and sardonic. In my younger days, many of us adopted "007" into our imaginary identities... it, too, was a play on current culture and a "cute" stab at association with a much talked-about name. In this case, leaving the cell phone on while he boarded the aircraft caused the stir, and I am sure he (or she) was too embarrassed - and, maybe young and fearful - to own up to it.

A little more thoughtful investigation and a little less hysteria would have been better; it does seem like an overreaction.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Virtual737

Fri May 26, 2017 2:51 am

alfa164 wrote:
Everyone seems to overlook that this probably wasn't something he chose as a hot-spot name just when boarding the flight; this was a moniker he used every day of the week, undoubtedly thinking it was humorous... and sardonic.

Not so sure it was that innocent. A personal hotspot is a battery drainer and typically also disables WIFI. You only turn it on when you need it and at that point its name is probably well remembered by you. Yes we all did stupid things when we were young (we don't know that this person is 'young') but the inappropriateness of these things has changed with technology. Sitting behind an 'electronic address' makes it all too tempting to do and say things you would never have the bottle to do in 'real life'. Personally I think that the responsible use of technology should be taught alongside the actual technology itself, but that's just me, and rather off topic.

asdf

Fri May 26, 2017 6:11 am

Virtual737 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
Everyone seems to overlook that this probably wasn't something he chose as a hot-spot name just when boarding the flight; this was a moniker he used every day of the week, undoubtedly thinking it was humorous... and sardonic.

....A personal hotspot is a battery drainer and typically also disables WIFI. You only turn it on when you need it and at that point its name is probably well remembered by you....

uhhhm
no

my telephone hotspot is always on 24 hours a day as i use it for my tablet all day long ....

in the moment i do not have any idea what i named it as i got the phone months ago ....

cedarjet

Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 am

One of my neighbours' wifi used to be Taliban Broadcasting Hut which always made me giggle; around planes I guess it's unhelpful though
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Hagic

Fri May 26, 2017 6:28 am

flipdewaf wrote:
We can have fun, the terrorists can't, that's why we are better.

Fred

One of the best quotes I've seen in my 10+ years of Airliners.net.
There's only one freedom of the press: The freedom of the survivors - (G. Arciniegas)

jsfr

Fri May 26, 2017 7:26 am

OK, overreaction maybe... but what if they hadn't???

Sure, the plane would have arrived safely, but then the papers would be full of "Airline ignores potential security threat"

I think the latter would have probably had much more traction and generated much more damage to the airlines reputation than overreacting....

Personally (as a very frequent business traveller) I hate the inconvenience all this security rubbish causes, but I will nonetheless choose an airline that is overly cautious than the opposite...

Well done to the pilot for thinking of his companies reputation.

Virtual737

Fri May 26, 2017 8:32 am

asdf wrote:
uhhhm
no

my telephone hotspot is always on 24 hours a day as i use it for my tablet all day long ....

in the moment i do not have any idea what i named it as i got the phone months ago ....

Lucky you. Mine drains just like a sink.

If you don't remember what name you chose then it's likely you either didn't change it from the default or, if you did, didn't name it Jih...

Hang on, is your hotspot name Jihadi London Cell 1?

oldannyboy

Fri May 26, 2017 8:50 am

32andBelow wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:

You are evidently one. I didn't offend anyone in the first place. Try to learn some manners if you wish to be respected as an individual. You don't call names fellow a.netters.

I bet instead that this will be considered a crime. It's a crime already in many countries that is called "creating a false alarm", just as leaving a suspicious note somewhere, or making a suspicious call about a flight to an airline. This incident has inconvenienced hundreds of people and has cost a lot of money to the airline. If you are so adamant -like many other smart people over here- that it is ok to do so, go ahead and drop a line to the TUI group and tell them that it was a joke to delay an aircraft full of people for 24 hours and that whatever cost they incurred in was also a joke and thus not a punishable crime......

Andy33

Fri May 26, 2017 9:50 am

But the whole discussion about what ought to happen is completely pointless, because the authorities couldn't find out who was responsible at the time, and have no way of finding out now.
That's if it happened at all, of course. Strangely absent from other UK news media, and the original report has absolutely no quotations from named individuals, which reporters normally love to put in, but of course can be checked up on.
And while "causing a false alarm" may well be an offence in many countries, the only ones that are relevant in this case are Mexico, where the plane was, and the UK, where the plane and airline was registered. I'm not an expert on Mexican law, but there's no specific offence of creating a false alarm in the UK. Calling the emergency services to a non-existent emergency, leaving fake bombs in public places and so on are certainly illegal, and people are convicted when caught, but they are covered under different sections of different laws. I doubt anyone has ever thought "using a really silly name for a wifi connection which no real terrorist would ever use" worth legislating against before.

luftaom

Fri May 26, 2017 10:10 am

CalTex wrote:
Thomson's 787-9s hold 345 passengers. If we assume 350 pax and crew delayed for 24 hours (assuming plane wasn't totally full), that's 350 days of people's lives wasted. I think that would make an appropriate jail sentence for the perpetrator?

If I absentmindedly don't notice the low petrol light on my car and consequently run out of fuel at a busy intersection in peak hour and cause a massive traffic jam delaying 10,000 people by 25 minutes (which is the same as 350 people for 24 hours) should I go to gaol for almost a year for that?

Whoever did this is unquestionably a goose and very insensitive. But they shouldn't go to gaol.
airliners.net's passenger - simultaneously connecting and flying direct.

MalevA346

Fri May 26, 2017 10:35 am

I guess it would just be time for English vacationers to learn to behave on planes... Hand them a special leaflet while boarding.

SomebodyInTLS

Fri May 26, 2017 10:39 am

bennett123 wrote:

I sniggered when I read the thread title. Am I in trouble now?!? :confused:
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

SomebodyInTLS

Fri May 26, 2017 10:41 am

flyer1225 wrote:
It's still not acceptable or PC to name your wifi network in such an inconsiderate manner. Obviously, people who think it's a joking matter like this have never had such an incident affect them personally.

All this holier-than-thou talk of telling other people how they should think...

You know after reading this thread I've honestly got half a mind to go rename my own WiFi hotspots!
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

Bricktop

Fri May 26, 2017 1:12 pm

SomebodyInTLS wrote:
flyer1225 wrote:

All this holier-than-thou talk of telling other people how they should think...

You know after reading this thread I've honestly got half a mind to go rename my own WiFi hotspots!

Good idea. I should change mine to USCIS Enforcement (that's United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) and see what happens around my block. :stirthepot:

JAAlbert

Fri May 26, 2017 2:26 pm

One of our neighbors named his WiFi the "FBI Surveillance Van" which turned our complex upside down wondering what the FBI was doing canvasing our little condo complex. We all had a good laugh about it afterwards. I can see, however, including jihadi in your WiFi name in an airport and on a plane would cause a scare. Banned for life? Locked up in a Mexican Jail? Summarily shot by firing squad out back of the terminal? Damn people! Follow the protocol used when someone mentions a bomb and decide what further action to take based on how the guy/gal answers.

BoeingGuy quote: "Anyone with an iota of intelligence should know that."
You of course are assuming your fellow passengers at the airport have an iota of intelligence and I am just not sure about that!

DsrtFlyer

Fri May 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Naming a network something like "FBI van" or the likes there of including this Jihadi bullsh*t would have been funny in high school. Now that we're all grown up, it's just moronic and deserves more of an eye-roll then a laugh. To expect anything other than mass hysteria exemplifies a severe case of voluntary naivety.

This is the kind of behavior that will eventually get phones/computers banned from planes through knee-jerk reactions of the overly sensitive, heaven forbid people actually use their gray matter and think about consequences before acting.

alfa164

Fri May 26, 2017 3:57 pm

DsrtFlyer wrote:
Naming a network something like "FBI van" or the likes there of including this Jihadi bullsh*t would have been funny in high school. Now that we're all grown up, it's just moronic and deserves more of an eye-roll then a laugh. To expect anything other than mass hysteria exemplifies a severe case of voluntary naivety.
This is the kind of behavior that will eventually get phones/computers banned from planes through knee-jerk reactions of the overly sensitive, heaven forbid people actually use their gray matter and think about consequences before acting.

There is a very good chance the person in question was in high school; this was a flight between Cancun and London.

So you must think it is okay, after all... ;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

LimaNiner

Fri May 26, 2017 5:46 pm

airbazar wrote:
Overreacting much? Have we become really that sensitive and that a inappropriately named network name is now a security threat? Geez!
Imagine the disruptions at major airports if all it takes is someone inappropriately naming their personal wifi's. I don't even have to be in a terminal to do that. I can just sit in my car and turn on a bunch of personal wifi hotspots with inappropriate names.The actions of the crew were no less silly then the person who named the wifi hotspot like that, IMO.

This.

If we cower in fear over bad jokes, and let "inappropriate" WiFi network names hold us hostage, the terrorists have won.

32andBelow

Fri May 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Should I rename my iPhone from Samsung galaxy note 7?

7673mech

Fri May 26, 2017 5:52 pm

flipdewaf wrote:
Meh! its funny, I used to call me wifi hotspot something similar, I used to pass a wifi ssid on the train that said "Secret al qeada training base, (flat 4)". We can have fun, the terrorists can't, that's why we are better.

Fred

If you have ever lost a friend or close relative to terrorism its really not funny. I have both.
Its childish.

BoeingGuy

Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 pm

aklrno wrote:
Many years ago I knew an IBM Field Engineer (i.e. mainframe repairman) who had a spot of bother at an airport when asked what was in the package the size of a large book that he insisted on taking as cabin baggage because of its fragility. It was a core memory array , worth several thousand dollars back in the 70's. It was called a Basic Operating Memory. His answer was "It's a BOM", then immediately realized he was a fool. Much explaining ensued, but no arrest.

Something like this happened a few years ago too. Some young guys were really enjoying their vacation. As they were putting their luggage in the overhead, one used the slang term, "this is the bomb!" meaning it was cool. The flight attendants heard then. If I recall, they were removed from the airplane and talked to. Security quickly realized what they meant and it was not intended to be a threat. They were counseled on using a better choice of words to display their enthusiasm on an airplane in the future, and put back on the airplane. .

DsrtFlyer

Fri May 26, 2017 7:15 pm

alfa164 wrote:
There is a very good chance the person in question was in high school; this was a flight between Cancun and London.

So you must think it is okay, after all... ;)

On the contrary, throw the book at them, make an example that prevents other people from acting like morons.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

asdf

Fri May 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
asdf wrote:
uhhhm
no

Lucky you. Mine drains just like a sink.

If you don't remember what name you chose then it's likely you either didn't change it from the default or, if you did, didn't name it Jih...

Hang on, is your hotspot name Jihadi London Cell 1?

LOL

no, it needs me a minute or two now to figure out that on the iphone 6 you cant give your hotspot a particular name, it simply shows the "name" you gave your phone once as you installed it ....

lightsaber

Fri May 26, 2017 7:27 pm

uberflieger wrote:
A joke makes people laugh. Nobody was laughing. Many were fearful and everybody inconvenienced NOT because a captain did what he had to do, but somebody not taking responsibility for their insensitive action. :thumbsdown:

109% agree. This had to be investigated. The crew timed out. The joker didn't come forward when asked.

I don't think there is enough to jail the person, but there is enough to put him or her on the airline's no fly list.

Right after the Manchester attack? What poor taste. I wouldn't want someone who thought that was funny flying.

It is hate speech. Very mild hate speech broadcasting digitally. Nor should this be assumed a joke until the person could be talked to and quick chemical sampling to very only a jokester and not a hazard.

There have been murderers who joked. Why stress out people like that?

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

DsrtFlyer

Fri May 26, 2017 7:42 pm

lightsaber wrote:
It is hate speech. Very mild hate speech broadcasting digitally.

Lightsaber

That may be taking it a bit far. We've come to widely label anything we don't like as hate speech, and that's leading us to another political correctness fiasco.

Aesma

Fri May 26, 2017 9:38 pm

My wired and wireless network has been named "hell" since high school and I kept it that way since then. It's kind of a theme, like my nickname on this forum, a demon or king of hell that is mentioned in several religions.

I doubt it's offending anyone and it isn't intended as such.

About people saying "bomb", people phoning about a bomb in an airport or airplane, and other such similar incidents, of which there probably are thousands, has a bomb ever been found, ever ?

If you trust the security so little that a wifi hotspot name is a no-go, do I want you in the cockpit ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

DsrtFlyer

Fri May 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Aesma wrote:
About people saying "bomb", people phoning about a bomb in an airport or airplane, and other such similar incidents, of which there probably are thousands, has a bomb ever been found, ever ?

If you trust the security so little that a wifi hotspot name is a no-go, do I want you in the cockpit ?

LOL I suggest you look up TSA's success rate(s)... they fail a scary amount of secret screenings put on by their own agency! (read 95% of the tests)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos