khinstorff
Topic Author

UA Rebrand: Will this happen anytime soon?

Tue May 30, 2017 4:54 am

http://themichaelist.blogspot.com/2016/ ... d.html?m=1

It's been almost a year since this blog article was posted. Will this become a reality in the next 12 months?

deltaflyertoo

Re: UA Rebrand: Will this happen anytime soon?

Tue May 30, 2017 6:04 am

Can't speak to it happening anytime soon, but I think bringing back the tulip wouldn't hurt. Infact, just remove the globe on the tail and put a gold tulip on its place. IMO, I think that would look stunning.

CONTACREW

Tue May 30, 2017 6:06 am

deltaflyertoo wrote:
Can't speak to it happening anytime soon, but I think bringing back the tulip wouldn't hurt. Infact, just remove the globe on the tail and put a gold tulip on its place. IMO, I think that would look stunning.

Here we again...the tulip is never coming back and a complete rebrand won't be for at least 5 more years.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call

airtrantpa

Tue May 30, 2017 6:11 am

I agree the globe needs to go, it is so outdated. I do miss the tulip and I did think the blue tulip was very classy, however I don't think we will ever see the beloved tulip again. I hope if they do rebrand they'd get rid of a boring white fusilage, and add some red to the blue maybe some yellow instead of gold. Is it just me but Everytime I see a UA plane I see a misspelled continental plane.
AVL my new Hometown airport! Farewell TPA

UAL777UK

Tue May 30, 2017 7:07 am

A rebrand is necessary IMHO but lets not look back at old brands, lets look forward. A new fresh look is needed

LAX772LR

Tue May 30, 2017 7:23 am

That was never any official indication of a rebrand.

That article, and this post, are nothing more than AvGeek fantasy.
It really is time to let it go................
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

smi0006

Tue May 30, 2017 7:37 am

I do think UA needs a rebrand after the last year or two, and the damage that has been done to the brand- however a rebrand is the icing on the cake once you've done all the heavy lifting otherwise it's a waste of $$s. UA need a significant transformation in customer service and continued product investment - then rebrand to polish that hard work.

klwright69

Tue May 30, 2017 7:43 am

Hmm. I was actually just thinking we haven't had a good bring back the tulip thread in a long time. Anyway, I think we'll have the globe for awhile longer.

TheLion

Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 am

LAX772LR wrote:
That was never any official indication of a rebrand.

That article, and this post, are nothing more than AvGeek fantasy.
It really is time to let it go................

Agree with you here. I do think that UA could update their livery across the fleet however. The swooshing cheatline on their Dreamliner would be a good fleetwide choice: an evolution, like KLM.

Add to that perhaps a larger redesigned globe and they'd have a fine livery refresh. Maybe they could consider bringing back a stylised tulip next to their name too, the whole of which could be their new logo.

iahcsr

Tue May 30, 2017 9:13 am

Meatball anyone? :stirthepot: :duck:
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....

AA737-823

Tue May 30, 2017 9:24 am

smi0006 wrote:
I do think UA needs a rebrand after the last year or two, and the damage that has been done to the brand- however a rebrand is the icing on the cake once you've done all the heavy lifting otherwise it's a waste of $$s. UA need a significant transformation in customer service and continued product investment - then rebrand to polish that hard work.

I'd actually (being contrarian) argue that they're in the middle of a rebrand. They make it worse... and worse... and worse.

I'm so irritated at the Basic Economy "feature" and the way it was handled; price in my home market this week (now that basic economy has been introduced) are identical to what they were last week for "real" economy. So to NOW get "real" economy, premier qual miles, lifetime miles, carry on bags, etc, I must now spend $30 each way for a total of $60 round trip MORE, for the privilege of flying on their crappy airline.
In my mind, Basic Economy should LOWER the price. Not become the new normal. But that's obviously naive optimism, when it comes to this truly frustrating airline's attitude toward customers.

So between that and the woeful rollout of the Polaris thing, with pajamas for none and gel pillows for one or two, and STILL not loading the wines on the menu... I'm done.
They can rebrand all they want.
I'll do my domestic flying on Alaska, and my international flying on the really great Star Alliance partners.

It doesn't matter what object you paint on the tail. When you alienate your Premier members, you should expect to watch revenues deteriorate.
No paint job can fix that.

The777Man

Tue May 30, 2017 9:33 am

I think it will be a while before there will be a re-brand. Perhaps in three years or so when the new uniforms are presented ?

I like the idea of a globe but it should be a whole globe, like a modern version of TW's twin globe or World Airways' globe. The current tail only shows part of a globe which is not great for a global airline in my opinion. Also I don't like the grey belly but paint it in the same blue as the tail below the gold stripe and it would look really nice.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

VC10er

Tue May 30, 2017 12:59 pm

IMHO, the globe, and it's longitude and latitude lines design is not going anywhere anytime soon. If anything United are committing to it more and more...just look at all the design elements they have added to the Polaris cabin. Every element is a wink or a nod to the globe or it's lines. The bulkheads have a sculpted and repeated arcs (ala; the globe) the same with the fancy lit entryway sign (nice new blue I think is fresh). The clubs have GIANT globes behind the reception desk in white on white or stainless steel on white, as do many of the white resin check in and gate counters and computers (which I like a lot). They even use the negative space within the "globe in square" as a repeat pattern on so many things. They have created a NEW design element: a pattern of tiny repeating rectangles/dashes which riff off the lines of the globe. It is all over the Polaris seat walls and transparent bits, it is on the glass partitions of the sitting and charging stations at the gate areas. If something is coming it will be an update, a freshen up...and I would look to the Polaris graphics as a clue as to what will come.
I have said this 1000 times before, they wont (or shouldn't) create a new livery until they see their customer satisfaction scores go WAY UP and start winning JD Powers awards and others and more than half the wide body fleet has Polaris.

New branding is a "promise" of newness, and if the experience isn't "new" then the "promise" was broken. Until then all we are going to see are small touches in secondary and tertiary places...but no "NEW" livery to be painted on a fleet of 800 planes...not until the rebirth is complete.
Personally I think that Pentagram did the nicest work for United...it seemed as if United had discovered "tasteful design" and it was all Tulip based. Pentagram got the axe when the merger happened and sadly for a less design focused agency. I understand the logic behind killing it, the internal CO piece and the money saving piece but it was an icon and should have been kept alive in gold and blue. I own 2 United tulip baseball caps (that I love) but I bought 2 of them because I knew that would be my last chance to enjoy it. The new United is not for "me" a 30 year United flier...the new United is being built for the next generation of fliers...especially business fliers.
(I am glad they brought back the GLOBAL SERVICES globe)
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

Boeing778X

Tue May 30, 2017 1:19 pm

UA does need to rebrand. I had a few ideas in mind, but they should bring back the tulip. The Globe is one of my favorite liveries, but its out of place.

It's an insult to the CO crowd to have the UA name on it.
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

AirportButler

Tue May 30, 2017 1:43 pm

I say skip the tulip but it sure is time for a re-brand. Don't get me wrong I loved the tulip but they need forward thinking.

uadc8contrail

Tue May 30, 2017 1:43 pm

Boeing778X wrote:
UA does need to rebrand. I had a few ideas in mind, but they should bring back the tulip. The Globe is one of my favorite liveries, but its out of place.

It's also an insult to the UA crowd to have the globe on the tail!!
Bus Driver

xjetflyer2001

Tue May 30, 2017 2:09 pm

AA737-823 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

I'd actually (being contrarian) argue that they're in the middle of a rebrand. They make it worse... and worse... and worse.

I'm so irritated at the Basic Economy "feature" and the way it was handled; price in my home market this week (now that basic economy has been introduced) are identical to what they were last week for "real" economy. So to NOW get "real" economy, premier qual miles, lifetime miles, carry on bags, etc, I must now spend $30 each way for a total of $60 round trip MORE, for the privilege of flying on their crappy airline.
In my mind, Basic Economy should LOWER the price. Not become the new normal. But that's obviously naive optimism, when it comes to this truly frustrating airline's attitude toward customers.

So between that and the woeful rollout of the Polaris thing, with pajamas for none and gel pillows for one or two, and STILL not loading the wines on the menu... I'm done.
I'll do my domestic flying on Alaska, and my international flying on the really great Star Alliance partners.

It doesn't matter what object you paint on the tail. When you alienate your Premier members, you should expect to watch revenues deteriorate.

I'm not sure about what city pairs you are looking at, but I saw just 3 days ago a $45 one way trip DEN to SNA on the Basic Economy

exunited

Tue May 30, 2017 2:16 pm

uadc8contrail wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

Actually it's all of the damage done to United by the ex-cons since the merger which is the greatest insult.

Where are all of the threads on "where is the DL rebrand" etc etc after all of their woes and meltdowns of late as well? A-net can beat up on United all they want but full flights and record profits tell a different tale.

RockIsland41

Tue May 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Forget the tulip. Bring back the shield! :biggrin: :duck:

TWA772LR

Tue May 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Can anyone do a photoshop of the latest TWA livery, except with a blue stripe instead of red, UNITED AIRLINES instead of TRANS WORLD, and some kind of tail design in place of TWA?
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Boeing778X

Tue May 30, 2017 3:22 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Can anyone do a photoshop of the latest TWA livery, except with a blue stripe instead of red, UNITED AIRLINES instead of TRANS WORLD, and some kind of tail design in place of TWA?

Hmm...Maybe that could work...Of course, I'm under the impression pinstripes are on the way out.

Right colors though.
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

fightforlove

Tue May 30, 2017 3:32 pm

I actually think the livery United had from 2004-2010 was really nice. They should more or less go back to that and keep some gold in honor of Continental (plus United 60s livery had gold). The black/bold UNITED font on the side of the plane is a powerful brand. The globe lines/curves are cool, maybe they can find a way to combine them into the tulip.

SESGDL

Tue May 30, 2017 5:07 pm

exunited wrote:
uadc8contrail wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

Actually it's all of the damage done to United by the ex-cons since the merger which is the greatest insult.

Where are all of the threads on "where is the DL rebrand" etc etc after all of their woes and meltdowns of late as well? A-net can beat up on United all they want but full flights and record profits tell a different tale.

DL hasn't had the same logo and design since the early 90s. DL's paint job has only existed a little over 10 years and DL does not have a perceived image problem the way UA does.

Jeremy

hOMSaR

Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 pm

TWA772LR wrote:

I was seriously going to suggest buying the rights to the TWA name from AA and rebranding as TWA right before I read this.

(I mean seriously in that I was going to throw it out there, not seriously in the sense that I think they actually should/would; but of all the dead airlines to bring back, I think TWA had the best livery at the end).
The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word.
There is no 787-800, nor 787-900 or 747-800. It's 787-8, 787-9, and 747-8.
A321neoLR is also unnecessary. It's simply A321LR.
Airplanes don't have isles, they have aisles.

TWA772LR

Tue May 30, 2017 6:48 pm

hOMSaR wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

I was seriously going to suggest buying the rights to the TWA name from AA and rebranding as TWA right before I read this.

(I mean seriously in that I was going to throw it out there, not seriously in the sense that I think they actually should/would; but of all the dead airlines to bring back, I think TWA had the best livery at the end).

I'm on record here of suggesting UA to do that. The final TWA livery is my top favorite.

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

jplatts

Tue May 30, 2017 6:53 pm

hOMSaR wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

American Airlines still uses the TWA logo on one of its Boeing 737's in its fleet as one of American's retro liveries, but no longer operates flights under the TWA brand. American Airlines also still owns the twa.com domain name until at least January 2018, even though http://www.twa.com is no longer active and no longer redirects to http://www.aa.com. American Airlines also still owns the TWA trademark and the TWA trademark is still registered with the USPTO.

TWA772LR

Tue May 30, 2017 6:57 pm

jplatts wrote:
hOMSaR wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

American Airlines still uses the TWA logo on one of its Boeing 737's in its fleet as one of American's retro liveries, but no longer operates flights under the TWA brand. American Airlines also still owns the twa.com domain name until at least January 2018, even though http://www.twa.com is no longer active and no longer redirects to http://www.aa.com. American Airlines also still owns the TWA trademark and the TWA trademark is still registered with the USPTO.

Isn't all the Northwest trademarks and associated branding available?

Let's not forget National, Eastern (that would be an easy acquisition for UA), and Pan Am (they could scoop that up easily from the RR company)!!!

KentB27

Tue May 30, 2017 6:59 pm

I find it ironic how so many people around these parts think UA needs a rebrand when their current livery is only about 10 years old yet there are so many people who threw a fit when AA got rid of their ridiculously outdated bare metal livery for what I think was a massively improved logo and livery. I think the UA livery and logo are smart and classy and I really respect their decision to keep elements of CO alive after the merger. Also, the curved gold cheatline that the 787's have looks amazing and really updates the livery. I wish all UA planes had the curved cheatline but I have no problem with the current UA logo and livery.
Last edited by KentB27 on Tue May 30, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UA444

Tue May 30, 2017 7:02 pm

KentB27 wrote:
I find it ironic how so many people around these parts think UA needs a rebrand when the their current livery is only about 10 years old yet there are so many people who threw a fit when AA got rid of their ridiculously outdated bare metal livery for what I think was a massively improved logo and livery. I think the UA livery and logo are smart and classy and I really respect their decision to keep elements of CO alive after the merger. Also, the curved gold cheatline that the 787's have looks amazing and really updates the livery. I wish all UA planes had the curved cheatline but I have no problem with the current UA logo and livery.

It isn't 10 years old, it's almost 27 years old and was ugly and stale when it said Continental on it and is even worse today. It also symbolizes a botched, slapped together merger.

KentB27

Tue May 30, 2017 7:12 pm

UA444 wrote:
KentB27 wrote:
I find it ironic how so many people around these parts think UA needs a rebrand when the their current livery is only about 10 years old yet there are so many people who threw a fit when AA got rid of their ridiculously outdated bare metal livery for what I think was a massively improved logo and livery. I think the UA livery and logo are smart and classy and I really respect their decision to keep elements of CO alive after the merger. Also, the curved gold cheatline that the 787's have looks amazing and really updates the livery. I wish all UA planes had the curved cheatline but I have no problem with the current UA logo and livery.

It isn't 10 years old, it's almost 27 years old and was ugly and stale when it said Continental on it and is even worse today. It also symbolizes a botched, slapped together merger.

I'm neither a CO or UA fan so I don't feel the same way about the merger, but I understand.

irelayer

Tue May 30, 2017 7:24 pm

I'm actually partial to the old CO livery, but I'm also more partial to the Tulip. My fave UA livery was Battleship Grey for sure.

As far as paint schemes go, Delta's is frankly boring, AA is such a departure from their old branding that it still looks out of place, and UA's is just meh.

I say bring back the cheatline, slap a (please not over-sized!) Tulip on there, and call it a day...

-IR

tpaewr

Tue May 30, 2017 7:54 pm

I am guessing none of you have flown the just rebranded Polaris cabin. I just flew r/t F this week and a couple other segments in J since the Dec and the current branding is literally woven into the product. Even the fabric of the linen has the Globe pattern in it. All the dishes have the logo in both their shape and pattern. It clearly displays there are ZERO plans for rebranding anytime soon.

Besides can you imagine the out cry with all the issues going on now if millions of dollars were spent on paints and new dishes when much more fundamental issues remain?

That said the brand is evolving, if you notice there are "post" CO changes to the logo and how is it presented in the recent years. The negative silhouette, is all over from the floor in IAH to the new seats back on the slim lines. I have also seen a two tone all blue globe on more of a side posture turning up more places.

I expect as time goes forward we will see more evolution and not too much revolution.

Bald1983

Tue May 30, 2017 8:12 pm

deltaflyertoo wrote:

Someday, you people need to get over the loss of your beloved Tulip. I have news for you; people do not purchase passage on an airline based on a tulip. Personally, I would have loved to see the name "Continental" on the plane. That is gone as well and I somehow got over it. What United needs to do is upgrade its product and work on operational deficiencies, which I believe Munoz is doing.

xxcr

Tue May 30, 2017 8:13 pm

what would be the point of a rebrand? it would still be the same airline.....

What they really need is a new livery. the current one OLD and needs to be replaced with a new one. Perhaps something that mixes both Continental and United to show the 2 separate brands.
In my head, i would say bring back the old Tulip that mixes with the current globe with a new color. White and the beige is getting very boring.

Bald1983

Tue May 30, 2017 8:19 pm

iahcsr wrote:
Only the black meatball.

Bald1983

Tue May 30, 2017 8:21 pm

AA737-823 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

Imagine a company trying to profit. The horrors.

JannEejit

Tue May 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Was there a fixed time period placed on the merged livery before it can be changed ?

Bald1983

Tue May 30, 2017 11:50 pm

exunited wrote:
uadc8contrail wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

I am sure there are ex Continental people who feel the same way about going United. It happened and it is time for both sides to get over it. Pre Merger UAL is gone as is Pre-Merger Continental. Get over it. Both airlines brought positives to the table. CO had a much younger fleet and came off some good years as far as operations. Unfortunately, CO also brought Smizek to the equation, but he is gone.

SFOATLFlyer

Wed May 31, 2017 12:19 am

TWA772LR wrote:
jplatts wrote:
hOMSaR wrote:

Let's not forget National, Eastern (that would be an easy acquisition for UA), and Pan Am (they could scoop that up easily from the RR company)!!!

Why resurrect the names of failed carriers? It makes zero sense. Name it Trans Global and hire Vern Demarest as chief pilot.

TWA772LR

Wed May 31, 2017 12:25 am

SFOATLFlyer wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Why resurrect the names of failed carriers? It makes zero sense. Name it Trans Global and hire Vern Demarest as chief pilot.

1. UA could actually make it work. They already are an existing, profitable, gigantic global airline. They arent some Joe Schmo on the street with a couple million bucks looking to strike it big.

2. I love these threads. A) stirring the pot is fun. B) what-ifs tickle my creativity.
Last edited by TWA772LR on Wed May 31, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SFOATLFlyer

Wed May 31, 2017 12:29 am

TWA772LR wrote:
SFOATLFlyer wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

1. UA could actually make it work. They already are an existing, profitable, gigantic global airline. They are some Joe Schmo on the street with a couple million bucks looking to strike it big.

2. I love these threads. A) stirring the pot is fun. B) what-ifs tickle my creativity.

I do have an affinity for TWA, it was my brothers first job on a Convair 880, and my first flight as a passenger. While the 70's twin globes was great, the final livery was awesome.

deltaflyertoo

Wed May 31, 2017 12:39 am

Bald1983 wrote:
Someday, you people need to get over the loss of your beloved Tulip.

Its not that people have an emotional attachment to it...its just that from a branding/logo design perspective...its absolutely timeless. Why spend millions to design something from scratch and then hope the public recognizes it when you can put (what I think looks great) a revised-gold Tulip (the red/blue version from the 80s and 90s is well dated)...I mean come-on-you have to agree it would look rather good on the blue tails and everything else the same on the current scheme.

BTW-the meatball was also timeless and created by the same man as who did the Tulip....and yes I agree-the black meatball would be preferential if it ever came back (obviously not under United though).

BUFJACK10

Wed May 31, 2017 12:58 am

The thing about the tulip is that it really doesn't portray United as a global airline, whereas in my opinion the globe does. I like the current livery mainly because it holds up very well and unlike liveries that require more complicated design United's seems to always look good and require less maintenance.
AA AK AL AQ AS B6 CO DL EA FL F9 HP KN NY MO NW PA PE PI RC QX TW UA UR US WN AF AN AO CS IB OA TR VS
A300 A319 A320 BAE146 BAC111 DC8 DC9 DC10 MD80 707 717 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 L10 F27 F28 F100 ERJ CRJ SE-210 SSC B1900 ATR42 ATR72 DH8 E120 SWM

FlyUSAir

Wed May 31, 2017 3:05 am

United does need a re-brand from the ugly meatball, but I don't know if now is the appropriate time. As much as I miss the tulip and wish it came back, UA needs a complete re-brand, no UA tulip and no CO globe.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400

khinstorff
Topic Author

Wed May 31, 2017 3:10 am

VC10er wrote:
IMHO, the globe, and it's longitude and latitude lines design is not going anywhere anytime soon. If anything United are committing to it more and more...just look at all the design elements they have added to the Polaris cabin. Every element is a wink or a nod to the globe or it's lines. The bulkheads have a sculpted and repeated arcs (ala; the globe) the same with the fancy lit entryway sign (nice new blue I think is fresh). The clubs have GIANT globes behind the reception desk in white on white or stainless steel on white, as do many of the white resin check in and gate counters and computers (which I like a lot). They even use the negative space within the "globe in square" as a repeat pattern on so many things. They have created a NEW design element: a pattern of tiny repeating rectangles/dashes which riff off the lines of the globe. It is all over the Polaris seat walls and transparent bits, it is on the glass partitions of the sitting and charging stations at the gate areas. If something is coming it will be an update, a freshen up...and I would look to the Polaris graphics as a clue as to what will come.
I have said this 1000 times before, they wont (or shouldn't) create a new livery until they see their customer satisfaction scores go WAY UP and start winning JD Powers awards and others and more than half the wide body fleet has Polaris.

New branding is a "promise" of newness, and if the experience isn't "new" then the "promise" was broken. Until then all we are going to see are small touches in secondary and tertiary places...but no "NEW" livery to be painted on a fleet of 800 planes...not until the rebirth is complete.
Personally I think that Pentagram did the nicest work for United...it seemed as if United had discovered "tasteful design" and it was all Tulip based. Pentagram got the axe when the merger happened and sadly for a less design focused agency. I understand the logic behind killing it, the internal CO piece and the money saving piece but it was an icon and should have been kept alive in gold and blue. I own 2 United tulip baseball caps (that I love) but I bought 2 of them because I knew that would be my last chance to enjoy it. The new United is not for "me" a 30 year United flier...the new United is being built for the next generation of fliers...especially business fliers.
(I am glad they brought back the GLOBAL SERVICES globe)

Well said, I like your insights.

BEG2IAH

Wed May 31, 2017 3:15 am

The rebrand (read: livery) will change sooner than you may think. I don't know the exact timeline, but definitely far less than 4-5 years some of you mentioned. I cannot reveal the source, but it's not random gossip from the back of an ERJ-145. This time employees will vote on several suggested hopefully fresh and modern solutions.
Flying at the cruising altitude is (mostly) boring. I wish all flights were nothing but endless take offs and landings every 10 minutes or so.

JFK31R

Wed May 31, 2017 3:48 am

iahcsr wrote:

I know that you're joking, but I think that's actually a great idea Image

deltaflyertoo

Wed May 31, 2017 5:38 am

Forgot to mention earlier....when UAL/CO first announced the merger-it was stated in their initial press releases that a new rebrand/livery would emerge at some point in the future and that the United titles going on CO a/c was temporary...obviously its been 7 years and it never happened-but if you do Google search you'll find that mention.

klwright69

Wed May 31, 2017 6:50 am

Yes, of course a new livery will come in the long term.
My economics teacher always told us that "in the long term we're all dead."
Many people have already forgotten the tulip, forgotten TWA, forgotten the meatball, etc. But I know this is all just fun and games.
There are people working at the post merger UA that only know the globe anyway.
This high placed source that is claiming a new livery is coming soon, we don't know who he is or if he's telling the truth or if you are making it up.
It will take time to fully implement Polaris anyway, let along a new livery.
If UA still has a negative perception, why would UA change livery?

intotheair

Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 am

deltaflyertoo wrote:
Forgot to mention earlier....when UAL/CO first announced the merger-it was stated in their initial press releases that a new rebrand/livery would emerge at some point in the future and that the United titles going on CO a/c was temporary...obviously its been 7 years and it never happened-but if you do Google search you'll find that mention.

Can you find a direct quote for this? I don't remember them ever saying this, and I couldn't find anything when I looked.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos