BDL9849120
Topic Author

Norwegian at BDL: What's the main goal?

Tue May 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi everyone, first time poster here. What kind of "end game" do you think D8 is gunning for at BDL? They're just beginning service to EDI, which honestly seems like a really odd choice. It would make more sense to me if DY had a larger network ex EDI for connections, but they only fly to their main hub cities, and not to any major American leisure markets such as LON, PAR etc. What do you see as the future of D8 @ BDL, and while we're at it, their future at SWF and PVD as well. It will be interesting to see whether they can fill 737s from these small markets flying to secondary European destinations without connections to more well-established tourist markets.

cheapgreek

Re: Norwegian at BDL: What's the main goal?

Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 am

A few years ago Northwest tried service to AMS and it failed. The number of connections from AMS are much greater than EDI can offer. Too small of a market and with BOS and JFK within driving distance, the number for airlines and flights from JFK and BOS offer a wide range of choices along with lower fares. BDL is just a domestic airport and international in name only.

RL757PVD

Wed May 31, 2017 4:09 am

with their order book of Max8 and 321LR, D8 more of less bet the farm on being able to successfully connect these dots at a low cost.

I think the bigger names and the ethnic connections (i.e. PVD- Ireland) will do ok, but I think other side of the mind will need to be a bigger name or have onward feed on D8 or a Ryanair.

I imagine their TATL route network will evolve over time as they learn what works and what doesn't.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

PatrickZ80

Wed May 31, 2017 4:53 am

I think they can make it work because they only offer little capacity. The route is being flown on a 737 and it's not a daily service. That way they're unlikely to have overcapacity like Delta did to Amsterdam.

Edinburgh does indeed offer less connectivity, but you got to keep an eye on the range of the 737. Ireland and Scotland are no problem, but mainland Europe may be a bit too far. I recently read that because the delivery of the 737MAX8 has been delayed Norwegian will fly some of these TATL routes with their 737-800s. Then Bradley-Edinburgh is about their maximum range.

oldannyboy

Wed May 31, 2017 8:41 am

They will do fine I bet. Small aircraft, reduced frequency and low prices. It's the LCC model at its best, and this is just a "starter' to stimulate market, demand and appetite. BDL is domestic but there's no need why it has to remain such.

cheapgreek

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:27 am

[quote="oldannyboy"]They will do fine I bet. Small aircraft, reduced frequency and low prices. It's the LCC model at its best, and this is just a "starter' to stimulate market, demand and appetite. BDL is domestic but there's no need why it has to remain such.[/q

BDL's market is small and the close proximity of JFK and BOS will draw most of the traffic. Why fly to EDI when you really want to go to CDG,LHR,AMS,BRU,etc non stop. All these are larger hubs with more flights and connections.

ty97

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:35 am

cheapgreek wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
They will do fine I bet. Small aircraft, reduced frequency and low prices. It's the LCC model at its best, and this is just a "starter' to stimulate market, demand and appetite. BDL is domestic but there's no need why it has to remain such.[/q

BDL's market is small and the close proximity of JFK and BOS will draw most of the traffic. Why fly to EDI when you really want to go to CDG,LHR,AMS,BRU,etc non stop. All these are larger hubs with more flights and connections.

It appears that DY is attempting to stimulate demand to EDI from places like BDL and SWF. We'll see if that works.

CairnterriAIR

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:13 am

cheapgreek wrote:
A few years ago Northwest tried service to AMS and it failed. The number of connections from AMS are much greater than EDI can offer. Too small of a market and with BOS and JFK within driving distance, the number for airlines and flights from JFK and BOS offer a wide range of choices along with lower fares. BDL is just a domestic airport and international in name only.

BDL has nonstop service to DUB which seems to be building a clientele, and has had nonstops to Toronto, Montreal, (most passengers connecting to Europe) and San Juan for years. The airport and market is bigger than one would expect. The AMS flight 10 years ago was not promoted, was hundreds of dollars higher in fare than Boston, and started during a severe recession and oil spike. Bad timing.

shamrock350

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:22 pm

cheapgreek wrote:
BDL is just a domestic airport and international in name only.

Just a reminder, Aer Lingus started BDL in September and is now operating a daily 757 service to Dublin with onward connections to AMS, BCN, TXL, DUS, FRA, HAM, LIS, LGW, LHR, MAD, MUC, CDG and WAW to name a few.

BDL9849120
Topic Author

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:29 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
I think they can make it work because they only offer little capacity. The route is being flown on a 737 and it's not a daily service. That way they're unlikely to have overcapacity like Delta did to Amsterdam.

Edinburgh does indeed offer less connectivity, but you got to keep an eye on the range of the 737. Ireland and Scotland are no problem, but mainland Europe may be a bit too far. I recently read that because the delivery of the 737MAX8 has been delayed Norwegian will fly some of these TATL routes with their 737-800s. Then Bradley-Edinburgh is about their maximum range.

I agree, I think they'll open up more larger markets using the MAX. That's what seems to be the best option for them. Yet it begs the question, why start EDI with a 738 when you're just planning to change everything up when you get the MAX?

cheapgreek

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:24 am

shamrock350 wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:
BDL is just a domestic airport and international in name only.

Just a reminder, Aer Lingus started BDL in September and is now operating a daily 757 service to Dublin with onward connections to AMS, BCN, TXL, DUS, FRA, HAM, LIS, LGW, LHR, MAD, MUC, CDG and WAW to name a few.

I have flown from both JFK and BOS and flight frequencies, destinations, and fares are the best in the area and easily within driving distance within the state. What happens if that single daily flight is cancelled? Come back tomorrow? Aer Lingus will stay as long as the seed money is available. Most of those cities you list are non-stop from BOS and especially from JFK.

rossmrr

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:28 pm

I think it definitely has the potential to work!! Edinburgh (and nearby places like St Andrews aka The Home of Golf) are big tourist destinations for Americans (as well as Europeans) and as such I think these 3 new routes from Edinburgh could do reasonably well. Not to mention people from the EDI catchment flying to America.... I reckon a 737 could be filled a couple times a week easily on the BDL route.

rnav2dlrey

Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:00 pm

the cynic in me thinks that norwegian threw a bone to the state of CT and figured they would get brand recognition with the state-funded advertising budget. once that runs dry, they'll tell CAA and the governor that they need more subsidies to stick around.

sure the 737MAX economics may be a gamechanger, but i still don't think the idea of split ops among PVD, BDL and SWF for leisure routes like this makes a ton of sense.

this is an interesting period for BDL. they're partially subsidizing a bunch of 'flagship' routes: LAX (AA), SFO (UA), and the TATL routes. aetna will likely be announcing they're leaving for boston or NYC this month, with others likely following GE's lead. as a UA flyer, i know that both IAH and DEN loads have been strong. i question whether anything farther than that can be sustainable, with history repeating itself and the routes vanishing once again.

M564038

Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm still wondering where BDL is. Is it really that hard to just write the city name?

hibtastic

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:02 pm

BDL9849120 wrote:
I agree, I think they'll open up more larger markets using the MAX. That's what seems to be the best option for them. Yet it begs the question, why start EDI with a 738 when you're just planning to change everything up when you get the MAX?

The 73H is only temporary as the MAX delivery is delayed slightly. There will be two MAXs based in EDI operating to SWF daily, PVD 4x per week and BDL 3x per week in the summer. In the winter the TATL ops will reduce to one MAX doing SWF 3x per week, PVD and BDL both go down to 2x per week. Part of me wonders if BDL was added as a test route as daily to PVD would be too much capacity initially? Interesting to see how it develops.

roadpilot

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:12 pm

M564038 wrote:
I'm still wondering where BDL is. Is it really that hard to just write the city name?

BDL is Bradley Field in Windsor Locks,CT serving Hartford,CT and Springfield,MA

rossmrr

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:20 pm

It will be interesting to see whether or not Norwegian opens up more short haul, European routes from Edinburgh which would utilize the down time of the 2 B737 max between the America flights?!

jnev3289

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:57 pm

M564038 wrote:

If you don't know an airport or city, generally googling the letters with "airport" after will yield the results you are looking for. Not trying to be condescending, just helpful

sgbroimp

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:57 pm

I fly to Europe a lot and BDL is my domestic airport, but I can't make a case to save an hour's drive (vs. JFK) and then have to make a connection out of either DUB or EDI. The hour saved on the drive quickly evaporates and then some once I hit the ground, wait for a connection, hope no cancellation etc. I am no JFK fan but non stop flights at competitive pricing (and lots of choices) is what it offers and that trumps most everything else, even with the miserable drive down I-95. If I were going to terminate in DUB or EDI, then yes, very possibly from BDL.

hibtastic

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:31 pm

rossmrr wrote:
It will be interesting to see whether or not Norwegian opens up more short haul, European routes from Edinburgh which would utilize the down time of the 2 B737 max between the America flights?!

OSL is one of the destinations for in between TATL turns.

deltadawg

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:44 pm

sgbroimp wrote:
I fly to Europe a lot and BDL is my domestic airport, but I can't make a case to save an hour's drive (vs. JFK) and then have to make a connection out of either DUB or EDI. The hour saved on the drive quickly evaporates and then some once I hit the ground, wait for a connection, hope no cancellation etc. I am no JFK fan but non stop flights at competitive pricing (and lots of choices) is what it offers and that trumps most everything else, even with the miserable drive down I-95. If I were going to terminate in DUB or EDI, then yes, very possibly from BDL.

I would generally agree with this. However, I take it that you are generally flying to Europe for business purposes and not leisure. That being said, most business folks are not going to take non-viable connections unless directed by their companies. I live an hour from ATL and I would never drive an hour out of the way to fly on a single aisle a/c to a place like EDI or DUB just so I have to go back through security most likely to make a connection. I believe that D8's goal is tourism primarily. Perhaps some business folks will use it just to avoid LHR but it would still make more sense to go thru LGW even at that. All in all, D8's focus and business model revolves around tourism. I liken Norwegian to PeoplExpress from back in the 80's just on the other side of the pond. I have not flown them yet but if they get close to ATL or ATL itself I would definitely give them a try.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

rossmrr

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:00 pm

hibtastic wrote:
rossmrr wrote:

OSL is one of the destinations for in between TATL turns.

Yeah that's daily and started yesterday with the opening of the Edinburgh base (1st June) and will utilize one of the two based 738s (B38M when they finally arrive!!) which leaves one of the based aircraft being under utilized which is not good from a LCC perspective.

Eindhoven

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:11 pm

sgbroimp wrote:

But not every destination can be reached straight from JFK either so you need a transfer anyway.

Say you need to be in GDN. You got the choice between JFK-WAW-GDN or BDL-EDI-GDN. Then what?

cheapgreek

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Eindhoven wrote:
sgbroimp wrote:

But not every destination can be reached straight from JFK either so you need a transfer anyway.

Say you need to be in GDN. You got the choice between JFK-WAW-GDN or BDL-EDI-GDN. Then what?

There are a great deal more non-stops to Europe from JFK, BDL is not even remotely close. What happens if the flight from BDL to EDI is cancelled? At JFK myriads of possibilities exist for being rebooked. JFK is the best choice for international flights and for those near Massachusetts, BOS offers a much better selection of cities and flights. BDL may have the word international in its description, but its basically a domestic airport with many flights on RJ's,

Cory6188

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:08 pm

The tough part about BDL is that nearly all of the traffic is going to be one-sided in terms of demand to Europe, with almost no demand from Europe to CT. There's just nothing anywhere near BDL in terms of tourist attractions (at least not anything that a visitor from another country would fly all the way to Connecticut to see), so airfare would have to be significantly cheaper to get people to fly to BDL and then be willing to drive 2 hours to Boston or 3 to New York.

Domestically, it's another story, as you'll be much more likely to get local demand for companies in the Hartford area, VFR traffic to/from CT/MA, etc., but even then, BDL still is only a mid-sized airport at best.

PatrickZ80

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:56 pm

Flying out of secondary airports is indeed often cheaper, that's their main benefit. JFK may have a lot of flights to Europe, but in general they're more expensive than the ones in Bradley. But indeed you rely on that one flight because there is no alternative. Of course that's no problem if that one flight just goes.

Galwayman

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Dublin has more EU flights than Heathrow and once the FR/EI transfers arrangements are in place it will offer unsurpassed connections for those lucky enough to live near BDL - it's simply a matter of educating North American travellers more

ajsljet45

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Has Norwegian expressed any interest in flying from Gatwick to BDL, PVD or SWF? I feel like a BDL-LGW flight would do much better than BDL-EDI.

N644US

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:57 pm

cheapgreek wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
sgbroimp wrote:

There are a great deal more non-stops to Europe from JFK, BDL is not even remotely close. What happens if the flight from BDL to EDI is cancelled? At JFK myriads of possibilities exist for being rebooked. JFK is the best choice for international flights and for those near Massachusetts, BOS offers a much better selection of cities and flights. BDL may have the word international in its description, but its basically a domestic airport with many flights on RJ's,

Living close to BDL means it's my go-to airport, and any transatlantic flight out is much better than driving if I'm either only stopping once in DUB or I have a final destination in either EDI or DUB. Because TATL flights tend to leave in the evening, it means trying to drive on I-90, I-84, and I-95 are all nightmares, and I've missed many flights trying to reach both airports. While the cities are more convenient and offer more rebooking options, the physical drive down into either city is a complete nightmare.
Aviation: the field where (almost) anything can be solved using math and science.

cheapgreek

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:32 pm

N644US wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

Living close to BDL means it's my go-to airport, and any transatlantic flight out is much better than driving if I'm either only stopping once in DUB or I have a final destination in either EDI or DUB. Because TATL flights tend to leave in the evening, it means trying to drive on I-90, I-84, and I-95 are all nightmares, and I've missed many flights trying to reach both airports. While the cities are more convenient and offer more rebooking options, the physical drive down into either city is a complete nightmare.

In the New Haven area, JFK has worked well over the years for me, many more non-stops and a large choice of airlines and fares. Heading south on I-95 in the late afternoon for an evening JFK departure is easy since most of the traffic on I-95 is heading north out of New York.

Zachbt

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:05 am

It's been said above but I'll repeat it's 737 with about 180 seats mainly not doing daily, their not trying to be a legacy carrier, I live in Ireland and am booked on bfs-pvd in september, I've always wanted to catch a red sox game and see new England in the fall for a long weekend and this is a cheap and effective way of doing it.

It's not all about high yield business pax going to meetings from Monday to Friday and that's the market Norwegian are looking at

CairnterriAIR

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:13 am

cheapgreek wrote:
N644US wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:

In the New Haven area, JFK has worked well over the years for me, many more non-stops and a large choice of airlines and fares. Heading south on I-95 in the late afternoon for an evening JFK departure is easy since most of the traffic on I-95 is heading north out of New York.

Though picking up passengers arriving at JFK and driving back to CT is a living nightmare. Pretty much an all day affair, driving from Hartford to JFK, trying to pick up your party in the arrival pick up lane during the international push (that alone is a hateful experience) then driving back up 95 into CT. The many times I've done it, I've left my home at 1pm and arrived back home at midnight. As for BDL being a domestic airport with many flights on RJ's...

Jetblue....10 daily departures, all mainline
Southwest...between 18-20 departures a day...all 737's
Spirit...2-3 departures a day....all mainline
Delta....all ATL flights mainline, DTW and MSP, mostly mainline with a few CRJ-9's mixed in....CLE and RDU CRJ-9's.
American....DFW, CLT, LAX, MIA all mainline....ORD, DCA, PHL split even mainline and RJ/E-170
United...DEN, SFO both mainline, IAH is an E-170, ORD both mainline and E-170/RJ, EWR RJ/Prop occasional mainline.
Air Canada...Props
OneJet...executive jet
Aer Lingus -757
Norwegian-737

Percentage wise BDL has a higher number of mainline flights.

FlyUSAir

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:15 am

Zachbt wrote:
It's been said above but I'll repeat it's 737 with about 180 seats mainly not doing daily, their not trying to be a legacy carrier, I live in Ireland and am booked on bfs-pvd in september, I've always wanted to catch a red sox game and see new England in the fall for a long weekend and this is a cheap and effective way of doing it.

It's not all about high yield business pax going to meetings from Monday to Friday and that's the market Norwegian are looking at

This x1000.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400

Midwestindy

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:20 am

Galwayman wrote:
Dublin has more EU flights than Heathrow and once the FR/EI transfers arrangements are in place it will offer unsurpassed connections for those lucky enough to live near BDL - it's simply a matter of educating North American travellers more

All those connections are great, but a lot of those connections you are talking about are on FR, which is less than ideal for business traffic(as is the case with D8 as well). Business travelers enjoy the benefits of traditional airlines, and because business traffic is what fuels transatlantic traffic in the offseason, most of it goes to JFK/EWR/BOS where the US airlines operate traditional TATL flights. To put it bluntly I (a business traveler) try to avoid FR at all costs. However, connecting in DUB is great for leisure travelers who are looking to save money by flying D8 and FR, but during the offseason much of that travel goes away. Also relating to Dublin, there is significantly less O&D than London, and LHR is a much better connecting point because you can access flights to Middle east, Africa, and India much easier than in Dublin.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

jetblueguy22

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:11 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:

BDL has nonstop service to DUB which seems to be building a clientele, and has had nonstops to Toronto, Montreal, (most passengers connecting to Europe) and San Juan for years. The airport and market is bigger than one would expect. The AMS flight 10 years ago was not promoted, was hundreds of dollars higher in fare than Boston, and started during a severe recession and oil spike. Bad timing.

We hear the same thing time after time about the AMS flights in the BDL and frankly it's just bologna. When the flight was launched every medallion in the area was invited to a launch event , it was advertised around the state, and there were strong companies like UTC were partners on the flight. Of course it costs more than BOS or NYC. There was no competition. Every one of these BDL threads the same thing is said, BDL doesn't bleed passengers to BOS or NYC, until AMS is mentioned. Then everybody flocked to those airports.

SJU is strong because of the huge Puerto Rican population in the state. Toronto and Montreal are such small markets they barely get noticed. They averaged 124 passengers a DAY in 2015 (that is the most recent full year available from the airport authority). I would like to see the data on most of those people going to Europe, because there is really only one flight each to YYZ or YUL that are timed for European connections and they both account for less than 50 seats a day.

EI has done a nice job so far getting passengers on the flights and we will see what Norwegian does (frankly I think EI will eat their lunch). But again I question what will happen when the subsidy goes bye bye. And I say this as someone who was googly eyed staring at the 757 at the gate last week.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

PatrickZ80

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:11 am

jetblueguy22 wrote:
Of course it costs more than BOS or NYC. There was no competition. Every one of these BDL threads the same thing is said, BDL doesn't bleed passengers to BOS or NYC, until AMS is mentioned. Then everybody flocked to those airports.

However there's a big difference between those flights back then and these flights now. These flights don't cost more, they cost even less. Maybe you see the opposite happening with Boston and New York bleeding passengers to Bradley.

jetblueguy22 wrote:
EI has done a nice job so far getting passengers on the flights and we will see what Norwegian does (frankly I think EI will eat their lunch). But again I question what will happen when the subsidy goes bye bye. And I say this as someone who was googly eyed staring at the 757 at the gate last week.

I think the main goal for Norwegian is to compete Aer Lingus out and inherit the subsidy for themselves. They might not make any money on competing with Aer Lingus initially, but that's earned back later. It's obvious Norwegian will offer lower fares than Aer Lingus even if it's going to cost them money, they just want the route for themselves. Their main goal is to drive Aer Lingus out.

rnav2dlrey

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:24 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
jetblueguy22 wrote:
I think the main goal for Norwegian is to compete Aer Lingus out and inherit the subsidy for themselves. They might not make any money on competing with Aer Lingus initially, but that's earned back later. It's obvious Norwegian will offer lower fares than Aer Lingus even if it's going to cost them money, they just want the route for themselves. Their main goal is to drive Aer Lingus out.

i can see this happening 100%. once aer lingus is gone, norwegian will be able to name their demands to stay. this leverage is a textbook example of so many LCC/secondary airport relationships.

ajsljet45

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:36 am

For those interested, pages 16-19 of this May 2017 Aviation Forecast mention “scenarios” at BDL. They include B6 starting MBJ later this year and the possibilities of AS, G4, DE and even BA starting up in the near future. Just some food for thought…

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... _DRAFT.pdf

CairnterriAIR

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:30 am

ajsljet45 wrote:
For those interested, pages 16-19 of this May 2017 Aviation Forecast mention “scenarios” at BDL. They include B6 starting MBJ later this year and the possibilities of AS, G4, DE and even BA starting up in the near future. Just some food for thought…

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... _DRAFT.pdf

Quite a bit of that report is a no-brainer, other than the less than weekly service to New Orleans. Seattle understandably for the aerospace connections, and J-vile just because just about any Florida service will work from BDL. Jamaican flights have been talked about for years....service was supposed to start back in the 90's. Huge island population in Hartford along with leisure traffic/cargo. London will indeed eventually start....hugely requested route. What is truly needed are more gates along with a centralized rental car pickup and return. While efficient and TSA quick, the terminals are packed during many parts of the day. People will be shocked at how busy the place can be.

strfyr51

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:59 am

M564038 wrote:

Hartford Ct. Bradley Field
You're on an Airline based Web Site.
Maybe you could just Google it??

uconn99

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:59 pm

A bit off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Aer Lingus had a 86% load factor in May, I based this on the following:

1x daily flight each way (not sure if each day was operated in May) = 10,974 seats. May saw 4,839 fly BDL-DUB and 4,589 fly DUB-BDL for a overall load factor of 86%.

I flew BDL-DUB-BDL just last week in business class, outbound flight had 10/12 seats and inbound was full in business class. Coach seemed full in both directions. Pre-clearance out of DUB is awesome, and the Aer Lingus business class product even on their 757's is great. Arriving into DUB I would say over half the plane went to international connections from what I could tell.

Overall great flight and much preferred over the Norwegian service, although I hope both do well from Hartford.

For the month of May, BDL saw a 6% increase in total passengers at 571,776 for the month.

hibtastic

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:09 pm

June load factor for EDI-BDL was 80% based on the restricted capacity of 150 on the 738s. Total pax for June (given the flights started on the 11th) was 1436.

uconn99

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:15 pm

hibtastic wrote:
June load factor for EDI-BDL was 80% based on the restricted capacity of 150 on the 738s. Total pax for June (given the flights started on the 11th) was 1436.

That is some positive news, I feel the Norwegian flight can succeed along with the Aer Lingus flight if both are marketed well. Aer Lingus had marketing all over Dublin airport for the Hartford flight, multiple food trucks on the ramp had Hartford, Connecticut billboards on them which is nice to see.

Natflyer

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:38 pm

hibtastic wrote:

Sooo they flew an average of 120 pax pr flight EDI-BDL. That is really going to turn their fortunes around...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos