Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:03 am

aldrigsomandre wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
wing wrote:
One A330 is wet leased to TAME airline,to conduct Quito(UIO) JFK(KJFK) flights.


The Star Alliance A332 is the one that went to Ecuador (TC-LNB) to fly EQ550/1 (the Quito-New York route), while TAME's own A332 was ferried to Switzerland for a heavy check. This is a 2-month lease for TK. Who is providing the operations of the plane...EQ or TK?


It's a wet-lease. There were 500 applications from the TK crew to go to Ecuador with the aircraft.

Only flight crew provided by TK or cabin crew as well? If so, are they Spanish-speakers?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4476
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:28 am

-About the AYT numbers with Russian tourist. The increase compared to last year does not mean a whole lot. It is an improvement but it should be compared to the numbers from 2015-2014; where Russisn tourist numbers were up to 4.5M. Last year down to less than a million.
-Also, I am absolutely amazed to report that DLM domestic terminal airport is looking great. In about 6 months the new terminal's skeleton looks almost finished. It is in size similar to the International terminal. It is just crazy to see the speed of construction happening in Turkey. I bet the terminal could be operational before the end of the year. I did not see a connecting bridge between the International and the Domestic terminals, maybe not needed but in time there should not be a problem to fix that issue.
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 am

LAXintl wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
Years ago, there was a list of TK destinations (maybe LAXintl posted here) about load factors / transfer percentage/ top5 intl transfer cities.
How can I get something like that - any source? Or is a refreshed list of some destinations available?


Short of having data from the airline directly, you can also derive info from vendors that sell MIDT or IATA BSP data.

If you have a small number of stations you are curious, I can provide the info.


Thanks LAXintl! Well, if you have any source for this MIDT or IATA BSP you can suggest I would be happy.
I'm very interested in the newest destinations if possible, but I would be also happy if you could share some important stations as well.

Thanks!



aemoreira1981 wrote:
wing wrote:
One A330 is wet leased to TAME airline,to conduct Quito(UIO) JFK(KJFK) flights.


The Star Alliance A332 is the one that went to Ecuador (TC-LNB) to fly EQ550/1 (the Quito-New York route), while TAME's own A332 was ferried to Switzerland for a heavy check. This is a 2-month lease for TK. Who is providing the operations of the plane...EQ or TK?


Whole crew provided by Turkish Airlines.



MalevTU134 wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

The Star Alliance A332 is the one that went to Ecuador (TC-LNB) to fly EQ550/1 (the Quito-New York route), while TAME's own A332 was ferried to Switzerland for a heavy check. This is a 2-month lease for TK. Who is providing the operations of the plane...EQ or TK?


It's a wet-lease. There were 500 applications from the TK crew to go to Ecuador with the aircraft.

Only flight crew provided by TK or cabin crew as well? If so, are they Spanish-speakers?


Cabin Crew as well. Why they need Spanish-speaker crew? Aviation is English. I don't think TK has more than 100 Spanish-Speakers crew.
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:08 am

Maybe because around 75% of the passengers on those flights are Spanish-speakers who don't manage English at all or at least not very well? And they have bought a ticket on an Ecuadorian airline, so they are probably expecting Spanish-speaking cabin crew. I am not saying it would be the first time that happens, when Conviasa wet-leased an Air Asia X aircraft for their CCS-MAD and CCS-EZE flights, the cabin crew were Malaysian, and didn't speak Spanish, but still...
 
bahadir
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:57 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 pm

stylo777 wrote:
I was just checking flights and I'm amazed that on popular routes such as IST-DLM or IST-BJV the (almost) absence of KK and 8Q is astonishing.
Especially on weekends in summer, those flights fill up themselves easily. Instead, TK is charging 350 TRY oneway fares in a more or less monopoly.
Different scenario of course from SAW with PC being the counter force here.


That's because the airframes are deployed to the Ukranian and Russian markets where returns are much better. You have to also consider the fact that 350 TRY is still about $100
Earthbound misfit I
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4476
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:17 pm

bahadir wrote:
stylo777 wrote:
I was just checking flights and I'm amazed that on popular routes such as IST-DLM or IST-BJV the (almost) absence of KK and 8Q is astonishing.
Especially on weekends in summer, those flights fill up themselves easily. Instead, TK is charging 350 TRY oneway fares in a more or less monopoly.
Different scenario of course from SAW with PC being the counter force here.


That's because the airframes are deployed to the Ukranian and Russian markets where returns are much better. You have to also consider the fact that 350 TRY is still about $100

Just flew TK; IST-DLM-SAW $45 roundtrip (Promotion fare), bought last minute. Flights 80% and 40% Y load respectively with no J pax whatsoever.
 
andymartin
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Is TC-JON (ex 5A-ONR Afriqiyah) in service yet?
Andy
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:42 pm

andymartin wrote:
Is TC-JON (ex 5A-ONR Afriqiyah) in service yet?
Andy

It never ever entered TK service!... It's still with the original owner and no more a registration as TC-JON should be existing. :P :ashamed:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
wing
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 9:10 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:43 pm

It's a wet-lease. There were 500 applications from the TK crew to go to Ecuador with the aircraft.[/quote]

I don't know the source of this information but I can tell that none of the pilots volunteer for this operation maybe cabin crew?
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
Years ago, there was a list of TK destinations (maybe LAXintl posted here) about load factors / transfer percentage/ top5 intl transfer cities.
How can I get something like that - any source? Or is a refreshed list of some destinations available?


Short of having data from the airline directly, you can also derive info from vendors that sell MIDT or IATA BSP data.

If you have a small number of stations you are curious, I can provide the info.


Thanks LAXintl! Well, if you have any source for this MIDT or IATA BSP you can suggest I would be happy.
I'm very interested in the newest destinations if possible, but I would be also happy if you could share some important stations as well.

Thanks!


I would like to see BOS ATL MIA to see if they are different from LAX IAD JFK which were published by anna.aero.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
Turkish777X
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:42 am

2 more A332s leaving the fleet very soon. According to this post one is leaving to Eurowings and another one is reportedly leaving for Alitalia.

https://www.facebook.com/trfleetnews/po ... 17388225:0
 
ist2014
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:38 am

Actually it will be first 2 A332 to leave the fleet. TC-LNB is wet leased for few months onlt. They were rumors that Jet air ways 3 A332 will be returned but no further rumor and they are flying. It will be great to get rid of all 332s and replace some of them with 787 for long and thin routes (S.America) and new routes
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:53 am

TK787 wrote:
bahadir wrote:
stylo777 wrote:
I was just checking flights and I'm amazed that on popular routes such as IST-DLM or IST-BJV the (almost) absence of KK and 8Q is astonishing.
Especially on weekends in summer, those flights fill up themselves easily. Instead, TK is charging 350 TRY oneway fares in a more or less monopoly.
Different scenario of course from SAW with PC being the counter force here.


That's because the airframes are deployed to the Ukranian and Russian markets where returns are much better. You have to also consider the fact that 350 TRY is still about $100

Just flew TK; IST-DLM-SAW $45 roundtrip (Promotion fare), bought last minute. Flights 80% and 40% Y load respectively with no J pax whatsoever.

Whereas I bought a day return yesterday for today IST-DLM-IST for 650TRY (around 190 USD).... just saying...
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:18 am

An interesting piece of news, or rather rumor :

The TC-SNT, a SunExpress owned (well, to be exact: taken as a factory fresh frame thru financial leasing arrangements; just about 7 years old) 738 was ferried to IST (AHL International) from AYT on 8th June with KK981 flight number, landing IST at 12:33. This frame is now in Turkish Technic's painting hangar and claimed to be painted into AtlasGlobal livery. Note that "KK" definitely means an AtlasGlobal flight.

TC-SNT last flew for SunExpress on AYT-DUS-AYT on 28th May (between 15:00 -- 23:23 hours), and was AOG since than, until 8th June.

Any idea as what may be going on? How come AtlasGlobal needs to include a Boeing frame to an all-Airbus fleet and how come Sun Express wants to remove a relatively young frame from its fleet? :alert: :?: :?:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
THY748i
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:25 am

Is the layout of TC-LJK which was delivered with new Y seats still the same as that of other factory fresh 77Ws (C49Y300)? There's no info about the configuration of this plane on planespotters.net.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:43 am

THY748i wrote:
Is the layout of TC-LJK which was delivered with new Y seats still the same as that of other factory fresh 77Ws (C49Y300)? There's no info about the configuration of this plane on planespotters.net.


It is. planespotters must have missed it. I'll give them a reminder.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
TheGeordielad
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:18 pm

mafaky wrote:
An interesting piece of news, or rather rumor :

The TC-SNT, a SunExpress owned (well, to be exact: taken as a factory fresh frame thru financial leasing arrangements; just about 7 years old) 738 was ferried to IST (AHL International) from AYT on 8th June with KK981 flight number, landing IST at 12:33. This frame is now in Turkish Technic's painting hangar and claimed to be painted into AtlasGlobal livery. Note that "KK" definitely means an AtlasGlobal flight.

TC-SNT last flew for SunExpress on AYT-DUS-AYT on 28th May (between 15:00 -- 23:23 hours), and was AOG since than, until 8th June.

Any idea as what may be going on? How come AtlasGlobal needs to include a Boeing frame to an all-Airbus fleet and how come Sun Express wants to remove a relatively young frame from its fleet? :alert: :?: :?:

Odd isn't it.
Couldn't find a thing.
If there is something going with them acquiring used 738s then they'd done a good job of keeping quiet.
 
Zesta
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:38 pm

It's interesting to see TK 3997 VKO-AYT flight operated with A330-200. Unless it's charter, they increased the frequency.

Also TK operates LED-AYT as i see now.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4758
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:21 pm

France's ADP increases stake in Turkish airport operator TAV.

Purchased additional 8 percent for USD$160 million.

ADP now holds 46 percent of TAV Holdings

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuter ... rator.html
mercure f-wtcc
 
Turkish777X
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Zesta wrote:
It's interesting to see TK 3997 VKO-AYT flight operated with A330-200. Unless it's charter, they increased the frequency.

Also TK operates LED-AYT as i see now.


They operate 4x daily charters with A332 and single daily 738 on the vko-ayt sector. For some time Russia denied charter flights so TK stepped in to bring those tourist to Turkey.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:56 pm

It turned out to be that TC-SNT has been wet-leased to AtlasGlobal for a yet unspecified period (possibly for S17). Today it started its services with IST-HAM-IST flights. The body is not fully painted to AtlasGlobal livery; they have used some kind of decals.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
MoonC
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:37 pm

mafaky wrote:
It turned out to be that TC-SNT has been wet-leased to AtlasGlobal for a yet unspecified period (possibly for S17). Today it started its services with IST-HAM-IST flights. The body is not fully painted to AtlasGlobal livery; they have used some kind of decals.


Image

Source: http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=9968
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:20 am

MoonC wrote:
mafaky wrote:
It turned out to be that TC-SNT has been wet-leased to AtlasGlobal for a yet unspecified period (possibly for S17). Today it started its services with IST-HAM-IST flights. The body is not fully painted to AtlasGlobal livery; they have used some kind of decals.


Image

Source: http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=9968

That looks so horrible! Rather keep the Sunexpress livery and put a decal next to the door like "operated for XQ" than painting it this way....
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:16 pm

Anyone knows why all the Doha-survival freighter flights have been operated to/from/via Izmir?
Have a look at the latest flights of TC-JDO/R/P as well as QR 33F now approaching DOH coming from ADB.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:21 pm

stylo777 wrote:
Anyone knows why all the Doha-survival freighter flights have been operated to/from/via Izmir?
Have a look at the latest flights of TC-JDO/R/P as well as QR 33F now approaching DOH coming from ADB.


Most probably some of the cargo load is being loaded at ADB (esp. some dairy products, fresh vegetables & fruits).
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
ist2014
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:37 pm

According to skylife A332 is planned as 16 at the end of July. i took a picture but could not load it
 
ist2014
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Accoring to airporthaber, 2a332 jiv and jiy will leave the fleet. Together with jnf and jng departure, total number of a332 will be 16 which is is line with skylife
 
User avatar
ankaraflyjet
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:41 am

Pegasus is launching 4 weekly Ankara Odessa flights as of July 16th, year-round service. Pegasus also got approval from Turkish CAA to launch Ankara Baku flights and expecting Azeri CAA approval now. It looks like Pegasus is growing at ESB...
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4476
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 am

Yakamoz, is this list close to what you have? Thank you.

From Turkish Fleet News Facebook feed:

"This birds are in process to left or has already left or even has been transferred between the TURKISH AIRLINES Group fleet.

• TC-JAI Airbus A320-232 Cobalt Air
• TC-JBI Airbus A320-232 Indıgo
• TC-JLM Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JLN Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JLO Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JLP Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JFO Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFP Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFR Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFV Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFY Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFZ Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JGB Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JIV Airbus A330-223 Nordwind Airlines
• TC-JIY Airbus A330-223 Nordwind Airlines
• TC-JNF Airbus A330-202 Alitalia
• TC-JNG Airbus A330-202 Eurowings
• TC-JPU Airbus A320-214 VivaColombia
• TC-JPV Airbus A320-214 VivaColombia
• TC-JPY Airbus A320-214
• TC-JUA Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JUB Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JUD Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-SCD Boeing 737-8Q8 wl Nordwind Airlines
• TC-SCE Boeing 737-8Q8 wl Nordwind Airlines Credits: Eray Huersever"
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 am

TK787 wrote:
Yakamoz, is this list close to what you have? Thank you.

From Turkish Fleet News Facebook feed:

"This birds are in process to left or has already left or even has been transferred between the TURKISH AIRLINES Group fleet.

• TC-JAI Airbus A320-232 Cobalt Air
• TC-JBI Airbus A320-232 Indıgo
• TC-JLM Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JLN Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JLO Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JLP Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JFO Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFP Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFR Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFV Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFY Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JFZ Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JGB Boeing 737-8F2 wl AnadoluJet
• TC-JIV Airbus A330-223 Nordwind Airlines
• TC-JIY Airbus A330-223 Nordwind Airlines
• TC-JNF Airbus A330-202 Alitalia
• TC-JNG Airbus A330-202 Eurowings
• TC-JPU Airbus A320-214 VivaColombia
• TC-JPV Airbus A320-214 VivaColombia
• TC-JPY Airbus A320-214
• TC-JUA Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JUB Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-JUD Airbus A319-132 Shaheen Air
• TC-SCD Boeing 737-8Q8 wl Nordwind Airlines
• TC-SCE Boeing 737-8Q8 wl Nordwind Airlines Credits: Eray Huersever"


100% correct, well done. :) More birds will follow.
Btw Turkish Fleet News is a very good friend of me. He has very good connections to TK.
 
ist2014
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:59 am

Hi Yakamoz
Is Further A332 s departure planned?
 
THY748i
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:41 am

With the departure of TC-JNF, TC-JNG and TC-JPY will the whole fleet be sporting the new (or for some time now current) c/s?
Also I see that TC-LNB is doing flight EQ550 UIO-JFK right now. Is it in full TK (Star Alliance) c/s?
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:23 pm

ist2014 wrote:
Hi Yakamoz
Is Further A332 s departure planned?


I think yes. Don't know until now which frames but I have some expectations.

THY748i wrote:
With the departure of TC-JNF, TC-JNG and TC-JPY will the whole fleet be sporting the new (or for some time now current) c/s?
Also I see that TC-LNB is doing flight EQ550 UIO-JFK right now. Is it in full TK (Star Alliance) c/s?


As of today, my list has 294 Turkish Airlines aircraft (main fleet without Anadolujet and wet-leased birds).

255 birds has full new cs
7 birds has new logo, new font but no tulips (TC-JFU/JLR/JUE/JUF/JUG/JUI/JUK)
9 birds has Turkish Cargo cs (so no tulips but new logo with Turkish Cargo font)
1 bird has full old cs (TC-JMI)
3 birds has old logo, old font but with tulips (TC-JDN, TC-JNF, TC-JPY)
1 Retro
1 Euroleague
1 Invest in Turkey
9 Star Alliance
1 300th Aircraft
1 6000th Boeing NG
1 Turkey - Discover the potential

2 Viva Colombia
1 Eurowings
1 Shaheen Air

Yes, TC-LNB is still in Turkish Airlines Star Alliance cs. Not painted into some TAME Ecuador cs or any sticker.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2252
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Times of India is reporting​ GoI might increase bilaterals for Turkey

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/china-t ... 135527.cms
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 24513
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm

TK cargo headed to South America. Eff June 25th TK will launch IST-Dakar-Sao Paulo freighter service.

Yakamoz wrote:
Thanks LAXintl! Well, if you have any source for this MIDT or IATA BSP you can suggest I would be happy.


PM me and I will give you some information

Yakamoz wrote:
I'm very interested in the newest destinations if possible, but I would be also happy if you could share some important stations as well.


OK, I'll post something in the coming days.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:13 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Times of India is reporting​ GoI might increase bilaterals for Turkey

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/china-t ... 135527.cms

That's a promising news. Thanks.
The future is in the skies.
 
ist2014
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:23 pm

New destination and higher frequency would be great
With the arrival of 321neo and 737 max, double daiky frequencies to secondary indian cities would be great but i am not that optimistic
Maybe double daily to del and mumbai and some access to othet aiprorts would be maximum
But any increase to indian and china market will be more than welcome
 
User avatar
globetrotter94
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:37 pm

TK105 wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
Times of India is reporting​ GoI might increase bilaterals for Turkey

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/china-t ... 135527.cms

That's a promising news. Thanks.


Certainly hope that TK starts Istanbul-Kolkata if given the rights. Kolkata badly needs European connection since we do not have any direct flights beyond Dubai/Doha currently despite being the 3rd most populous urban area. I suppose TK might want to aim for Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad first though :(.
6E, 9W, AF, AI, B6, BA, BI, BR, CA, DN, GA, IC, JL, KB, KL, KU, NH, QR, SQ, TG, TK, UA, VS
 
THY748i
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
THY748i wrote:
With the departure of TC-JNF, TC-JNG and TC-JPY will the whole fleet be sporting the new (or for some time now current) c/s?
Also I see that TC-LNB is doing flight EQ550 UIO-JFK right now. Is it in full TK (Star Alliance) c/s?


As of today, my list has 294 Turkish Airlines aircraft (main fleet without Anadolujet and wet-leased birds).

255 birds has full new cs
7 birds has new logo, new font but no tulips (TC-JFU/JLR/JUE/JUF/JUG/JUI/JUK)
9 birds has Turkish Cargo cs (so no tulips but new logo with Turkish Cargo font)
1 bird has full old cs (TC-JMI)
3 birds has old logo, old font but with tulips (TC-JDN, TC-JNF, TC-JPY)
1 Retro
1 Euroleague
1 Invest in Turkey
9 Star Alliance
1 300th Aircraft
1 6000th Boeing NG
1 Turkey - Discover the potential

2 Viva Colombia
1 Eurowings
1 Shaheen Air

Yes, TC-LNB is still in Turkish Airlines Star Alliance cs. Not painted into some TAME Ecuador cs or any sticker.


Thank you, Yakamoz, for this very informative post :smile:.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 24513
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:27 am

Per request here is some information regarding transfer traffic flow across the network. I randomly picked markets - most are larger stations for TK or longhaul markets which might be of most interest for people.

Top 5 international beyond transit connection cities per O&D size carried by TK
AMS - LOS, TBS, BKK, GYD, IKA
ATH - JFK, ORD, HKG, GRU, PEK
BKK - ARN, CPH, GOT, DUS, MUC
CAI - JFK, IAD, LAX, KBP, HAM
CDG - DXB, ICN, BKK, SGN, TBS
DEL - BCN, ARN, BUD, MAD, TLV
DXB - CDG, ARN, GOT, SKP, OSL
FCO - TBS, GYD, PVG, HKG, IKA
FRA - BKK, PVG, PEK, CPT, TBS
GRU - BEY, TLV, ATH, PVG, HKG
HKG - TLV, DUS, HAM, MUC, STR
IKA - LAX, YYZ, IAD, CDG, GVA
JED - ALG, CMN, GVA, ATH, BCN
JFK - TLV, CAI, ACC, PRN, NBO
JNB - ARN, ATH, HAM, TLV, MXP
KHI - LHR, MAN, BHX, YYZ, FRA
LAX - IKA, AMM, CAI, NBO, BOM
LHR - LOS, TBS, ICN, GYD, ASB
LOS - LHR, JFK, TLV, ATH, JED
MUC - BKK, PVG, PEK, CPT, HKG
NRT - CAI, GYD, MXP, ATH, TLV
ORD - TLV, BOM, AMM, ATH, NBO
PEK - STR, ALG, ODS, MUC, TLV
SIN - MUC, HAM, STR, DUS, TLV
TLV - JFK, ORD, BOM, HKG, PVG
VKO - NBO, BKK, CAI, BEY, ATH
YYZ - IKA, BOM AMM, JED, NBO
ZRH - GYD, PVG, PEK, HKG, ICN

Percentage of international beyond transit of total TK pax carried from respective city
(eg - AMS - is 80% local Turkey O&D traffic demand, and 20% international-international connections via IST.)
AMS - 20%
ATH - 58%
BKK - 79%
CAI - 53%
CDG - 28%
DEL - 76%
DXB - 57%
FCO - 28%
FRA - 22%
GRU - 39%
HKG - 52%
IKA - 47%
JED - 33%
JFK - 22%
JNB - 57%
KHI - 46%
LAX - 38%
LHR - 19%
LOS - 61%
MUC - 24%
NRT - 21%
ORD - 44%
PEK - 70%
SIN - 49%
TLV - 76%
VKO - 28%
YYZ - 54%
ZRH - 27%

=

Time period is for 12-month period ending Q4 2016.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 am

Thanks LAXintl for the interesting information! I have the following observations/comments/questions:
1) In general, no "backtracking route" is among the 5 top destinations. For example, the only European destinations among the top 5 from the North American destinations you included are ATH and PRN. These constitute no major detour and have few and no direct alternatives, respectively, to North America.
2) What is the reason for the big difference in Turkey O/D between JFK (78%) and YYZ (46%)?
3) I'm amazed at the fact that 61% of PAX from GRU are Turkey-bound. Does this number include EZE passengers as well (after subtracting local EZE-GRU traffic?)?
4) Now contrast BKK to GRU: only 21% of PAX on the BKK flights are Turkey O/D. Is Brazil (and Argentina?) really that much more popular among the Turkish than Thailand? Or is it the other way around? Are there lots of Brazilian (and/or Argentinian) tourists in Turkey? Or is this business traffic?
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:40 am

THY748i wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
THY748i wrote:
With the departure of TC-JNF, TC-JNG and TC-JPY will the whole fleet be sporting the new (or for some time now current) c/s?
Also I see that TC-LNB is doing flight EQ550 UIO-JFK right now. Is it in full TK (Star Alliance) c/s?


As of today, my list has 294 Turkish Airlines aircraft (main fleet without Anadolujet and wet-leased birds).

255 birds has full new cs
7 birds has new logo, new font but no tulips (TC-JFU/JLR/JUE/JUF/JUG/JUI/JUK)
9 birds has Turkish Cargo cs (so no tulips but new logo with Turkish Cargo font)
1 bird has full old cs (TC-JMI)
3 birds has old logo, old font but with tulips (TC-JDN, TC-JNF, TC-JPY)
1 Retro
1 Euroleague
1 Invest in Turkey
9 Star Alliance
1 300th Aircraft
1 6000th Boeing NG
1 Turkey - Discover the potential

2 Viva Colombia
1 Eurowings
1 Shaheen Air

Yes, TC-LNB is still in Turkish Airlines Star Alliance cs. Not painted into some TAME Ecuador cs or any sticker.


Thank you, Yakamoz, for this very informative post :smile:.


Your welcome.



LAXintl wrote:
Per request here is some information regarding transfer traffic flow across the network. I randomly picked markets - most are larger stations for TK or longhaul markets which might be of most interest for people.

Top 5 international beyond transit connection cities per O&D size carried by TK
AMS - LOS, TBS, BKK, GYD, IKA
ATH - JFK, ORD, HKG, GRU, PEK
BKK - ARN, CPH, GOT, DUS, MUC
CAI - JFK, IAD, LAX, KBP, HAM
CDG - DXB, ICN, BKK, SGN, TBS
DEL - BCN, ARN, BUD, MAD, TLV
DXB - CDG, ARN, GOT, SKP, OSL
FCO - TBS, GYD, PVG, HKG, IKA
FRA - BKK, PVG, PEK, CPT, TBS
GRU - BEY, TLV, ATH, PVG, HKG
HKG - TLV, DUS, HAM, MUC, STR
IKA - LAX, YYZ, IAD, CDG, GVA
JED - ALG, CMN, GVA, ATH, BCN
JFK - TLV, CAI, ACC, PRN, NBO
JNB - ARN, ATH, HAM, TLV, MXP
KHI - LHR, MAN, BHX, YYZ, FRA
LAX - IKA, AMM, CAI, NBO, BOM
LHR - LOS, TBS, ICN, GYD, ASB
LOS - LHR, JFK, TLV, ATH, JED
MUC - BKK, PVG, PEK, CPT, HKG
NRT - CAI, GYD, MXP, ATH, TLV
ORD - TLV, BOM, AMM, ATH, NBO
PEK - STR, ALG, ODS, MUC, TLV
SIN - MUC, HAM, STR, DUS, TLV
TLV - JFK, ORD, BOM, HKG, PVG
VKO - NBO, BKK, CAI, BEY, ATH
YYZ - IKA, BOM AMM, JED, NBO
ZRH - GYD, PVG, PEK, HKG, ICN

Percentage of international beyond transit of total TK pax carried from respective city
(eg - AMS - is 80% local Turkey O&D traffic demand, and 20% international-international connections via IST.)
AMS - 20%
ATH - 58%
BKK - 79%
CAI - 53%
CDG - 28%
DEL - 76%
DXB - 57%
FCO - 28%
FRA - 22%
GRU - 39%
HKG - 52%
IKA - 47%
JED - 33%
JFK - 22%
JNB - 57%
KHI - 46%
LAX - 38%
LHR - 19%
LOS - 61%
MUC - 24%
NRT - 21%
ORD - 44%
PEK - 70%
SIN - 49%
TLV - 76%
VKO - 28%
YYZ - 54%
ZRH - 27%

=

Time period is for 12-month period ending Q4 2016.


Thank you so much!! I've to check it. Great.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:40 am

TC-JIV has been repainted in Nordwind Airlines livery, see http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewpho ... picid=9972
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
djxxa
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:13 am

Hi everyone,

just saw this, a freighter connection to SP, yet can't find much authentication.
http://www.asiacargonews.com/en/news/detail?id=1836

Unless i've missed something in the thread here, does anyone know more about this?

teşekkür ederim
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 24513
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:09 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
Thanks LAXintl for the interesting information! I have the following observations/comments/questions:
1) In general, no "backtracking route" is among the 5 top destinations. For example, the only European destinations among the top 5 from the North American destinations you included are ATH and PRN. These constitute no major detour and have few and no direct alternatives, respectively, to North America.


Yes most top connections are quite logical and involve minimal backtracking. However if one looks down the list further then some less than desirable routing appear - for example into Central Europe coming from the US.

MalevTU134 wrote:
2) What is the reason for the big difference in Turkey O/D between JFK (78%) and YYZ (46%)?


Certainly Turkish diaspora is larger in US, while NYC is much more prominent tourist and business destination for Turks also.

From what I have seen, historically NYC has always sold well in Turkey, while YYZ has relied more on sales from ethnic groups in Canada. The transit percentage reinforces this.

MalevTU134 wrote:
3) I'm amazed at the fact that 61% of PAX from GRU are Turkey-bound. Does this number include EZE passengers as well (after subtracting local EZE-GRU traffic?)?
4) Now contrast BKK to GRU: only 21% of PAX on the BKK flights are Turkey O/D. Is Brazil (and Argentina?) really that much more popular among the Turkish than Thailand? Or is it the other way around? Are there lots of Brazilian (and/or Argentinian) tourists in Turkey? Or is this business traffic?


First the GRU stats are only for only GRU O&D sales, they do not include EZE. Just remember though only part of the airplane is available for sale from GRU as the EZE pax take up a portion them themselves.

As overall market, the BKK-Turkey market is far larger than GRU-Turkey, but one big difference is that TK has 85% of the GRU-Turkey marketshare (LH is #2 carrier, AF #3) while from BKK its barely 50% with folks like ME3, and Asian carriers like SQ grabbing marketshare.

Also the frequency is higher to BKK vs GRU, so TK has lots more seats to sell and result allocated much of the BKK planes capacity as we can see for transfer passengers. (and seems to do quite well from in Scandinavia in particular.)

djxxa wrote:
Hi everyone,
just saw this, a freighter connection to SP, yet can't find much authentication.
http://www.asiacargonews.com/en/news/detail?id=1836
Unless i've missed something in the thread here, does anyone know more about this?


Yes I posted the news in reply 85.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
TheGeordielad
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:01 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
TC-JIV has been repainted in Nordwind Airlines livery, see http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewpho ... picid=9972

A330 looks great in Nordwind livery.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4476
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:11 am

It is interesting to see CAI and ACC up there for JFK. MS flies nonstop JFK-CAI and there are bunch of other options. Also I flew DL few years back JFK-ACC and it was full both ways, I don't think that nonstop exists any longer but it is quiet a back track.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Some minor changes for the upcoming winter 2017/18 season from TK. You can read up by reading here:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/273324/turkish-airlines-w17-long-haul-changes-as-of-14jun17/
Two of them are positive, although minor, at least its an ever-so-slight improvement for TK.
Also new seasonal flight from Antalya to Sulaymaniyah
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/273278/turkish-airlines-expands-sulaymaniyah-routes-in-s17/
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:50 am

It seems that the ATL route has never done so good, for TK. Difficult to understand why or how? Any explanations or interpretations, from LAXintl? (any load factor figures, etc.?)

Downgrading from 77W to 332 (in TK's fleet and specs) is a serious issue. It isn't only diminishing the cabin size and number of seats. The Business Class cabin of TK's 332s are pretty much outdated. AFAIK, they still have the 165 degree reclining not fully-flat seats. From time to time these seats break down, as well as the IFE. In flight servicing quality may still remain high; but that's the only positive issue on behalf of TK. :roll:

The only advantage is that you can reach IST from ATL (and vv) with a single direct flight which saves you both time and hassles while transiting at an European airport.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
LJ
Posts: 5290
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 1999 8:28 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2017

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:05 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
1) In general, no "backtracking route" is among the 5 top destinations. For example, the only European destinations among the top 5 from the North American destinations you included are ATH and PRN. These constitute no major detour and have few and no direct alternatives, respectively, to North America.


Both AMS-LOS and LHR-LOS are backtracking routes. From AMS, LOS is a straight line to the south. Price (and luggage allowance) must be very good on the LOS routes, then again, I've heard people used EK as well from AMS to LOS.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos