Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
mark1484
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:57 pm

CU-T1250 back online, HAV-CCS-HAV on April 11th.
 
User avatar
DKNEF
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 6:47 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Does Cubana still fly to MEX?
 
User avatar
afterburner33
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:47 am

I notice that CU-T1251 has made several more return trips to Moscow via Gander recently, mixed in with an occasional trip to Madrid and Caracas. Nice to see it busy.

Interesting that as above, CU-T1250 is back in action too, after several months grounded.

Can't imagine it's easy keeping the Il-96 going.
 
mark1484
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:57 pm

afterburner33 wrote:
I notice that CU-T1251 has made several more return trips to Moscow via Gander recently, mixed in with an occasional trip to Madrid and Caracas. Nice to see it busy.

Interesting that as above, CU-T1250 is back in action too, after several months grounded.

Can't imagine it's easy keeping the Il-96 going.


Yes, it has been busy clocking up the miles! One can safely assume that it is bringing COVID related supplies back from China when needed via Moscow & Gander. It flys out empty non-stop to Moscow then on to China for loading.

It looks like Cubana's maintenance department has been quite busy recently, CU-T1240 & CU-T1250 both back working.

Still no news on CU-T1702 which went over to Russia back in 2019 or on CU-T1254 which had a test flight again back in 2019.

As for the AN158s, God only knows.
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sun May 30, 2021 10:05 pm

After more than a year, Cubana is restarting some of their few regular international routes. at least the one to Buenos Aires EZE. CU-T1251 is on its way to EZE with 81 passengers on board. The IL-96 is scheduled to be at EZE for 26 hours, presumably to allow for crew rest.

Image
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
User avatar
SR380
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Mon May 31, 2021 10:44 am

mark1484 wrote:
afterburner33 wrote:
I notice that CU-T1251 has made several more return trips to Moscow via Gander recently, mixed in with an occasional trip to Madrid and Caracas. Nice to see it busy.

Interesting that as above, CU-T1250 is back in action too, after several months grounded.

Can't imagine it's easy keeping the Il-96 going.


Yes, it has been busy clocking up the miles! One can safely assume that it is bringing COVID related supplies back from China when needed via Moscow & Gander. It flys out empty non-stop to Moscow then on to China for loading.

It looks like Cubana's maintenance department has been quite busy recently, CU-T1240 & CU-T1250 both back working.

Still no news on CU-T1702 which went over to Russia back in 2019 or on CU-T1254 which had a test flight again back in 2019.

As for the AN158s, God only knows.


Is CU-T1254 in Russia or is it still in Cuba?

I have read articles about Antonov and Cuba reaching an agreement about An-158 maintenance, but haven't heard a thing since a year or so.

I hope they get the entire fleet back in the air sooner than later.
 
User avatar
SR380
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Mon May 31, 2021 10:46 am

dcajet wrote:
After more than a year, Cubana is restarting some of their few regular international routes. at least the one to Buenos Aires EZE. CU-T1251 is on its way to EZE with 81 passengers on board. The IL-96 is scheduled to be at EZE for 26 hours, presumably to allow for crew rest.

Image


81 passengers on an Il-96? I hope they can fill it up in the coming months. It must cost a fortune flying an Il-96 half empty.
 
mark1484
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Mon May 31, 2021 12:17 pm

SR380 wrote:
mark1484 wrote:
afterburner33 wrote:
I notice that CU-T1251 has made several more return trips to Moscow via Gander recently, mixed in with an occasional trip to Madrid and Caracas. Nice to see it busy.

Interesting that as above, CU-T1250 is back in action too, after several months grounded.

Can't imagine it's easy keeping the Il-96 going.


Yes, it has been busy clocking up the miles! One can safely assume that it is bringing COVID related supplies back from China when needed via Moscow & Gander. It flys out empty non-stop to Moscow then on to China for loading.

It looks like Cubana's maintenance department has been quite busy recently, CU-T1240 & CU-T1250 both back working.

Still no news on CU-T1702 which went over to Russia back in 2019 or on CU-T1254 which had a test flight again back in 2019.

As for the AN158s, God only knows.


Is CU-T1254 in Russia or is it still in Cuba?

I have read articles about Antonov and Cuba reaching an agreement about An-158 maintenance, but haven't heard a thing since a year or so.

I hope they get the entire fleet back in the air sooner than later.


CU-T1254 is still in Cuba.
As for the 158s, if any work is being carried out it’s at a very slow pace.
 
User avatar
SR380
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Mon May 31, 2021 4:06 pm

mark1484 wrote:
SR380 wrote:
mark1484 wrote:

Yes, it has been busy clocking up the miles! One can safely assume that it is bringing COVID related supplies back from China when needed via Moscow & Gander. It flys out empty non-stop to Moscow then on to China for loading.

It looks like Cubana's maintenance department has been quite busy recently, CU-T1240 & CU-T1250 both back working.

Still no news on CU-T1702 which went over to Russia back in 2019 or on CU-T1254 which had a test flight again back in 2019.

As for the AN158s, God only knows.


Is CU-T1254 in Russia or is it still in Cuba?

I have read articles about Antonov and Cuba reaching an agreement about An-158 maintenance, but haven't heard a thing since a year or so.

I hope they get the entire fleet back in the air sooner than later.


CU-T1254 is still in Cuba.
As for the 158s, if any work is being carried out it’s at a very slow pace.


I really wish I had more insides on the Cubana case. If you paid good money to get an airframe that has been sitting for six years on the ground back in the air, why is it not in VASO to get a C or D checks yet.

Same with the An-158.

I am afraid the only reason would be $$$. But again why would they start working on it to stop it right afterwards...
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Mon May 31, 2021 5:17 pm

SR380 wrote:
dcajet wrote:
After more than a year, Cubana is restarting some of their few regular international routes. at least the one to Buenos Aires EZE. CU-T1251 is on its way to EZE with 81 passengers on board. The IL-96 is scheduled to be at EZE for 26 hours, presumably to allow for crew rest.

Image


81 passengers on an Il-96? I hope they can fill it up in the coming months. It must cost a fortune flying an Il-96 half empty.


I doubt it. The main purpose for this flight (in normal times) is to bring Argentinian tourism to Cuba. There is zero traffic of that sort now. Perhaps cargo is helping to make the flight economically sound or closer to that goal. But lets keep in mind that we are dealing with Cubana here. Profits are not its reason for existing.

CU-T1251 at EZE this Monday morning,

https://twitter.com/jgagnot/status/1399 ... 30/photo/1

Right behind it, is another Russian beauty, a 50 year old AN-12 UR-CJN belonging to Ukraine´s CAVOK, that operated a cargo charter over the weekend. It is a very rare occasion when you have two Russian planes next to each other down south in Argentina! The AN-12 came in from Puebla, Mexico via Panama City PTY and Santa Cruz VVI in Bolivia carrying VW auto parts and was due to leave today to an unknown destination via Recife REC in Brazil.


https://desdeelpatio.com.ar/nota.php?id=1044&s=2
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:19 pm

According to the aviation.aero portal, Cubana has again wet leased 2 A340-300 from Spain´s Plus Ultra. The agreement covers PU´s 2 A340-300, EC-MQM and EC-NBU, which would be deployed on Cubana´s routes to Buenos Aires and Madrid.

Plus Ultra was recently linked in Spain to dirty money from the current Venezuelan regime after the Spanish government came to its rescue with a $53M package and exclusive authority for flights to Caracas during the pandemic, while denying them to IB and UX.

https://gaceta.es/actualidad/sanchez-ot ... 0405-1354/
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
marcogr12
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:23 pm

Why hasn't Cubana renewed its fleet all these years with Airbus/Boeing/Embraer jets? Are there sanctions against Cuba like Iran?
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:32 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
Why hasn't Cubana renewed its fleet all these years with Airbus/Boeing/Embraer jets? Are there sanctions against Cuba like Iran?


There´s been an US economic embargo to Cuba since the 1960s. Pretty much every plane they could get their hands on (except for classic Soviet planes) falls under the terms of these sanctions. Other than operating a pair of IL-96, their only recourse is to wet lease aircraft, like they have been doing since the 90s.
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
mark1484
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 pm

So can we take that news as good news considering the IL96s have been working regularly?
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:39 pm

mark1484 wrote:
So can we take that news as good news considering the IL96s have been working regularly?


Who knows? Cubana is not run as a business and neither is Cuba a regular country, so oftentimes trying to make sense of their movements can be disconcerting. It is not clear why the need to bring more capacity when the 2 IL96s have been flying regularly (albeit in medical supplies runs to China mostly apart from the odd visit to Venezuela) and at a time when Cuba is closed to foreigners. Is this a sign they are having *once again* technical issues with the IL96s? The need for additional cargo lift? We´ll find out in the fullness of time...
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
georgiabill
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:53 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:49 pm

What is the status of their Tupolev's?
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7464
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Cubana and their Il-96´s - discussion thread

Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:12 pm

WorldFlier wrote:
Time to get a Russified Superjet in 2023 as well as a Aviadvigatel-powered MC-21!

That will be quite a while yet...United Engine are still working on the prototype..... :spin:

https://www.flightglobal.com/aerospace/ ... 11.article

Image
https://d3lcr32v2pp4l1.cloudfront.net/P ... 400399.jpg


Image
https://d3lcr32v2pp4l1.cloudfront.net/P ... 359505.jpg


marcogr12 wrote:
Why hasn't Cubana renewed its fleet all these years with Airbus/Boeing/Embraer jets? Are there sanctions against Cuba like Iran?

They couldn't even get 4O's SSJs after Cuba expressed interest.....although I think CU would gain the most benefit from those compared to other airlines. :airplane:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:26 am

Like everything surrounding Cubana and Mexico´s Interjet, best taken with a big grain of salt, but it was reported earlier this year that the Cubans wanted to get their hands on Interjet´s fleet of SSJ100s that are now parked in Mexico in varying degrees of airworthiness.

https://www.transponder1200.com/gobiern ... -interjet/
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
User avatar
SR380
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Cubana and their Il-96´s - discussion thread

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:38 am

Devilfish wrote:
WorldFlier wrote:
Time to get a Russified Superjet in 2023 as well as a Aviadvigatel-powered MC-21!

That will be quite a while yet...United Engine are still working on the prototype..... :spin:

https://www.flightglobal.com/aerospace/ ... 11.article

Image
https://d3lcr32v2pp4l1.cloudfront.net/P ... 400399.jpg


Image
https://d3lcr32v2pp4l1.cloudfront.net/P ... 359505.jpg


marcogr12 wrote:
Why hasn't Cubana renewed its fleet all these years with Airbus/Boeing/Embraer jets? Are there sanctions against Cuba like Iran?

They couldn't even get 4O's SSJs after Cuba expressed interest.....although I think CU would gain the most benefit from those compared to other airlines. :airplane:


40 SSJs? Is there really a market for a regional airline in HAV? If they managed to buy some I hope they will get the know-how and infrastructure to service it. I still cannot understand they managed to buy a fleet of Il-96, Tu-204, and An-158 and not fly ot because they can't service it. Such a shame...
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7464
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Cubana and their Il-96´s - discussion thread

Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:40 pm

SR380 wrote:
40 SSJs? Is there really a market for a regional airline in HAV? If they managed to buy some I hope they will get the know-how and infrastructure to service it.

Please note the possessive 's after the 'O' on Interjet's airline code. The linked article above talks about the Cuban government's possible interest in acquiring less than 20 of said SSJs (granted still a lot for them). Anecdotal accounts indicate that perforce, they've become past masters at wringing life out of otherwise unserviceable aircraft.

SR380 wrote:
I still cannot understand they managed to buy a fleet of Il-96, Tu-204, and An-158 and not fly ot because they can't service it. Such a shame...

Well, geopolitical realities aid in them having a semblance of a "national" airline.
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:00 pm

According to this Spanish newspaper, https://www.eleconomista.es/empresas-fi ... uropa.html, the reason behind Cubana having to wet lease Plus Ultra´s A340 on a "as needed basis" is that their IL96s are no longer in compliance with the European emissions´ normative.

I thought the PS90A were in compliance, but perhaps no longer so?
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
mark1484
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:14 am

georgiabill wrote:
What is the status of their Tupolev's?


3 stored in Havana and 1 in Russia.
 
mark1484
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:07 am

Interesting that HAV-MAD CU470/471 has not yet been flown by Plus Ultra. The pair of IL96s have been operating it for the past couple of weeks.


quote="dcajet"]According to this Spanish newspaper, https://www.eleconomista.es/empresas-fi ... uropa.html, the reason behind Cubana having to wet lease Plus Ultra´s A340 on a "as needed basis" is that their IL96s are no longer in compliance with the European emissions´ normative.

I thought the PS90A were in compliance, but perhaps no longer so?[/quote]
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:48 pm

mark1484 wrote:
Interesting that HAV-MAD CU470/471 has not yet been flown by Plus Ultra. The pair of IL96s have been operating it for the past couple of weeks.


dcajet wrote:
According to this Spanish newspaper, https://www.eleconomista.es/empresas-fi ... uropa.html, the reason behind Cubana having to wet lease Plus Ultra´s A340 on a "as needed basis" is that their IL96s are no longer in compliance with the European emissions´ normative.

I thought the PS90A were in compliance, but perhaps no longer so?


I suppose that is why they specified the "as needed basis" bit? Like with most all things related to Cubana, it is very hard to know the exact reason. This is not your garden variety airline.
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
A388
Posts: 8081
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 3:48 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:51 pm

I would love to see Cubana get newer airplanes and preferably the new models Russia has pure out of a variety perspective but Cubana doesn't have any money for that I think. Hopefully one day we will see Cubana rise again and expand.

A388
 
crownvic
Posts: 2874
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:38 am

I cannot read the article, but is it possibly an ADS-B issue on the IL-96s?
 
User avatar
afterburner33
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:03 am

crownvic wrote:
I cannot read the article, but is it possibly an ADS-B issue on the IL-96s?


This article, posted earlier in this thread, claims that it is to do with the lack of something called a CPDLC on the Il-96 which is required for flying to Europe:

https://www.cibercuba.com/noticias/2020 ... nos-airbus
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2653
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:44 am

Interestingly the article also mentions another few reasons, which -if one does want to read between the lines- might imply that the days of our beloved CU IL-96s are indeed numbered....
1) They lack Controller pilot data link communication, which is needed within EU airspace, and would cost in the region of 1/2 Million USD per machine 2) they cite some issue with what I believe is the slow rate of ascent of the fully loaded IL96 on take off from Madrid 3) they mention the fact that they failed to complete the needed overhaul of the ILs, which adds to the operational woes 4) the very uncompetitive fuel consumption is mentioned as a main reason as to why the IL might not be operated for much longer 5) finally there are issues with a US-owned refuelling company in Barajas which has denied fuel to the Cuban jets, in accordance with US imposed sanctions, which has led to costly and complicated triangulations with external companies...something that perhaps will be resolved when they put in use a EU-registered aircraft...
All in all, a sad state of affairs... It just breaks my heart that 'Mother Russia' is actually unwilling to help their Cuban brothers keeping at least a couple of ILs in tip-top shape.....
 
RDRogel
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:33 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:09 pm

A388 wrote:
I would love to see Cubana get newer airplanes and preferably the new models Russia has pure out of a variety perspective but Cubana doesn't have any money for that I think. Hopefully one day we will see Cubana rise again and expand.

A388


Or wait for the embargo to end anytime soon and buy Western airliners..
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 12061
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:50 pm

RDRogel wrote:
A388 wrote:
I would love to see Cubana get newer airplanes and preferably the new models Russia has pure out of a variety perspective but Cubana doesn't have any money for that I think. Hopefully one day we will see Cubana rise again and expand.

A388


Or wait for the embargo to end anytime soon and buy Western airliners..

The root of almost all of Cubana’s issues is Cubana (and Cuba) is broke. Even if the embargo is lifted Cubana likely doesn’t have much of a future beyond its current limping along in a sad state. It can’t afford western airplanes (or afford dry leases, wet leases, etc) and gets crushed whenever it has to face foreign competition. The Russian planes are all always grounded because beyond just general poor support Cubana can’t afford the overhauls, and Cuba has less strategic value for Russia now than in the past so less willing to fix planes in exchange for something other than cash.

Money is ultimately why Cubana struggles to be a viable airline more than others like Iran Air.
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Polot wrote:
RDRogel wrote:
A388 wrote:
I would love to see Cubana get newer airplanes and preferably the new models Russia has pure out of a variety perspective but Cubana doesn't have any money for that I think. Hopefully one day we will see Cubana rise again and expand.

A388


Or wait for the embargo to end anytime soon and buy Western airliners..

The root of almost all of Cubana’s issues is Cubana (and Cuba) is broke. Even if the embargo is lifted Cubana likely doesn’t have much of a future beyond its current limping along in a sad state. It can’t afford western airplanes (or afford dry leases, wet leases, etc) and gets crushed whenever it has to face foreign competition. The Russian planes are all always grounded because beyond just general poor support Cubana can’t afford the overhauls, and Cuba has less strategic value for Russia now than in the past so less willing to fix planes in exchange for something other than cash.

Money is ultimately why Cubana struggles to be a viable airline more than others like Iran Air.


You've nailed in the head: Cuba is broke like at no other point in their recent history, save for the period immediately following the fall of the USSR. To complicate matters further, its latest patron, Venezuela, is broke too and shipments of free oil have pretty much stopped. That has hit Cuba hard as the regime would resell some of this oil and associated refined byproducts in the international market for hard currency. Record number of Cubans are leaving the country, and there have been reports of riots in Havana to protest against poverty and lack of food items.

Against this backdrop and without any radical measures from the Cuban government (such as allowing some sort of foreign investment in the airline) Cubana will continue to, at best, struggle into irrelevance as an ongoing and viable airline.
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
SyracuseAvGeek
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:35 am

Cubana just posted that one of their IL96’s just arrived into Cuba after a trip from China for medical supplies.

Does anyone have any information on where in China it went specifically? Did anyone catch a picture of it in China or a stopover? I don’t think the IL96 can do Cuba to China nonstop.
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:56 am

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
Cubana just posted that one of their IL96’s just arrived into Cuba after a trip from China for medical supplies.

Does anyone have any information on where in China it went specifically? Did anyone catch a picture of it in China or a stopover? I don’t think the IL96 can do Cuba to China nonstop.


Of course an IL-96 can't fly nonstop from Cuba to China or the other way around.

Cubana has been doing since the pandemic began occasional flights to China to pick up medical supplies. Not sure where in China they fly to, but all flights are via Moscow.

There are pictures upthread that I posted earlier in the year showing CU''s IL-96 while at Gander where it stopped to refueli on its way back from China to Havana via Moscow and Gander,

There are videos on YT as well.
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
kaitak744
Posts: 2232
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:32 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:57 am

Airlines in Iran somehow end up with A340-600s and other western planes. Can Cubana do the same?
 
dcajet
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:35 am

kaitak744 wrote:
Airlines in Iran somehow end up with A340-600s and other western planes. Can Cubana do the same?


Different scenarios. And the fact that Cuba is broke. They literally can´t feed their people.
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
mark1484
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: Cubana Fleet - News and Discussion Thread

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:58 am

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
Cubana just posted that one of their IL96’s just arrived into Cuba after a trip from China for medical supplies.

Does anyone have any information on where in China it went specifically? Did anyone catch a picture of it in China or a stopover? I don’t think the IL96 can do Cuba to China nonstop.



It’s usually Shanghai.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos