Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Cubsrule

Re: Southwest schedule extension June 22, 2017

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:23 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:
Perhaps Southwest just had poor timing on the flight, I believe it departs OKC around 7pm. Fairly useless for most OKC originating business travel. UA and AA offer a much better selection of options to CHI, and experience much fuller flights.

Options are important, but when I was commuting to OKC I used that MDW flight a ton. It permits a full day of work and still hits the last bank at MDW, so the connectivity is pretty good (albeit with awfully late arrivals to the northeast and Florida). I agree that AA and UA are the problem but the timing is not bad for a 1x flight.

Seemed to work well for your case, but my point is for the OKC originating traffic it's not as good of an option as a morning flight would be for business travelers.

I don't know. An 0600 flight arrives MDW at 0800 or so. That's no good for an 0900 meeting virtually anywhere in Chicago. And, the earliest a passenger can get to a connecting destination is about 1000 or 1030 (MSP/BNA - there are closer cities but they are on eastern time so passengers lose an hour). That's only of limited utility. OKC is just too far west for a lot of same-day early morning departures in that direction. Going south or west works better.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

evank516

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Was sort of crossing my fingers to see LGA-MCI go 2x daily. The times for that flight are getting less and less conducive for LGA originating passengers (even though it's pretty clear that most O&D pax on this flight are originating at MCI). They did great this spring and summer with adjusting the LGA departure to 12:15 PM as opposed to that cursed (and always delayed) 4:30 PM time slot. And now the return is even earlier from MCI-LGA.

GSP psgr

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:41 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
If BNA had the gates, I think growth to the size of STL or perhaps a little bigger could happen. Certainly, BNA has seen a tremendous amount of apparently profitable growth by other airlines to larger WN stations including the introduction of DL to LAX, UA to SFO, and AS and DL to SEA. That suggests some amount of demand untapped by WN.

I could eventually see WN taking over pretty much all of C (maybe JetBlue and Alaska move over to create a bit of space for Delta at B), with AA moving over to be the anchor tenant at the new Concourse D. WN's at 95 departures now; I could see them in the not too distant future at the 120-130 range, with the booming population growth.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos