Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Which second-tier US cities can support Trans-Atlantic Flights?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:55 pm

With the advent of Norwegian, WOW, and Icelandair, more TATL possibilities have opened up for US cities. So therefore, the question is, which second-tier US cities have the potential to sustain TATL service on an LCC or a traditional carrier like BA or LH? Or which second-tier US cities that currently have TATL flights, have the potential to sustain more TATL flights?

I would appreciate your input on the likely orgin/destination of the flights that could work, and I will leave the term "second-tier" up to interpretation....
ORD & IND

AA & DL

CXA330300

Re: Which second-tier US cities can support Trans-Atlantic Flights?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Pittsburgh, Hartford, and Providence all already have Transatlantic flights now or scheduled. PIT to KEF starting in two weeks, BDL to DUB on EI, and PVD to RAI on TACV.
Home airport now: DCA/IAD

Lemieux

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:06 pm

RDU with AA to LHR and DL to CDG
Full time internet idiot. A319/20/20NEO/21/332/333/359, Boeing 717/733/734/737/738/737 MAX 8/752/753/762/763/772/773/788/789, CR2/7/9, de Havilland DHC-8, Embraer 140/145/175/190, MD82/88.

ASQ400

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:06 pm

SAN could handle more traffic. BA even has a 744 there this summer
TLV, BRU, ZRH, CDG, FRA, EWR, JFK, DEN, SFO, AUS, RNO, SEA, YYC, YYZ, IAH, ATL, IAD, DCA, ORD, SJC, SNA

jnev3289

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Definitely Baltimore, MD and Ontario, CA, maybe Jacksonville, FL? (No connections but large market and is in FL)

gregn21

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm

SAN, SJC, PHX, DEN or at least a couple of those could probably sustain a daily CDG flight on an AF 789.

Lemieux

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:30 pm

gregn21 wrote:
SAN, SJC, PHX, DEN or at least a couple of those could probably sustain a daily CDG flight on an AF 789.

I'd definitely call DEN and PHX more than a 2nd tier city, and both already have trans-atlantic service. But yeah I could see AF in both cities.
Full time internet idiot. A319/20/20NEO/21/332/333/359, Boeing 717/733/734/737/738/737 MAX 8/752/753/762/763/772/773/788/789, CR2/7/9, de Havilland DHC-8, Embraer 140/145/175/190, MD82/88.

klm617

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Detroit on either Icelandair or WOW Air to KEF. It's really a no brainer. Other that that I'd say CMH, CLE, CVG, IND and STL
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

klm617

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:34 pm

I also think CLE-LGW on Norwegian is also doable
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

lhpdx

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:38 pm

PDX has DL to AMS,LHR, Icelandair to KEF, and Condor to FRA... It could probably support addition service during the summer months.............

ElroyJetson

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:40 pm

IND to STN or LGW. PIT to CDG on DL 757. CLE also to CDG. DTW to DUB.

aklrno

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Last winter Thomson was going to do a weekly LGW-RNO-LGW with either a 767 or 787 for ski season traffic. The runways and most of the terminal are big enough, but it didn't happen because the immigration and customs facilities are in a separate building that is way too small for the wide-body passenger count. RNO's only international flights that I know of are 3 times a week to Guadalajara on a Volaris A320.

john7165

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:45 pm

There's a bunch cities in the midwest with populations in the 2 -3 million range that want TATL. CMH, PIT, BNA, IND, CVG, CLE have all said their goal is this type of service. How many, if any receive it, who knows? EDIT: I know CVG has a flight to CDG and PIT is ramping up with WOW.

SFOATLFlyer

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:50 pm

BNA stands a pretty decent chance of getting BA next summer, once the expanded FIS facilities should be open by then.

SFOATLFlyer

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:51 pm

BNA stands a pretty decent chance of getting BA next summer, once the expanded FIS facilities should be open by then.

usdcaguy

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Lemieux wrote:

Those cities already have enough service (ATL already has flights to many points in Europe, Asia and Africa), though RDU might be able to use a flight to AMS on DL. RDU is not a tourist destination, so DY is not likely to fly there.

Otherwise, I could see BUF benefitting from DY flights to LON given its proximity to YYZ and Niagara Falls, flights to PSP Sep-Apr (would need CBP facilities), FI to HOU/SAT/DFW and Level from BCN to SFO.

B747forever

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 pm

lhpdx wrote:
PDX has DL to AMS,LHR, Icelandair to KEF, and Condor to FRA... It could probably support addition service during the summer months.............

I would say that PDX is already rather well served and should instead focus on trying to keep the TATL routes it has sustainable.
Work Hard, Fly Right

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 pm

john7165 wrote:
There's a bunch cities in the midwest with populations in the 2 -3 million range that want TATL. CMH, PIT, BNA, IND, CVG, CLE have all said their goal is this type of service. How many, if any receive it, who knows? EDIT: I know CVG has a flight to CDG and PIT is ramping up with WOW.

My thinking is if CLE gets TATL service, CMH would be much less likely considering the proximity to DTW, PIT, and CVG, and vise versa as well. I may be wrong...
ORD & IND

AA & DL

kavok

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Almost any US secondary city could generate enough traffic for at least one European flight. However, a sizable portion (if not majority) of the pax will need to connect once in Europe, to fill enough seats.

For example, consider a pax from IND (no TATL service today) going to MUC. Today that pax from IND can fly IND-JFK/ORD/DTW/etc...-MUC. Now if IND got a BA flight to LHR, you could add LHR to the connection point list. Either way the question becomes, if you are flying USA-HUB-EUR.... is it better to have the hub in the US or in Europe?

Obviously for many, the price is the determining factor. But if price is similar, where is the better connection point? Everyone wants TATL service from their airport. But there probably is very few, if any, Secondary US to Europe city pairs that generate enough PDEW to make a flight work without connections somewhere.

So, the real question is, if a majority of the pax on a plane are connecting somewhere..., where is it that makes the most sense to make that connection?

c933103

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:08 pm

...what's second tier? CLT/TPA/BOS?
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

777PHX

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:08 pm

gregn21 wrote:

I think LH could make another successful go at PHX. BA going double 744/day a few days a week in the summer proves there's a transatlantic market there.

(I still think it's mildly amusing that LH trains their pilots out here but doesn't offer service....)

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:11 pm

c933103 wrote:

CLT/TPA are definately second tier, BOS is debatable
ORD & IND

AA & DL

mikeyp224

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:17 pm

ASQ400 wrote:
SAN could handle more traffic. BA even has a 744 there this summer

BA is sending the B77W to SAN during the summer. Starting at the end of October is when they are sending the B744 again.

c933103

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:32 pm

kavok wrote:
Almost any US secondary city could generate enough traffic for at least one European flight. However, a sizable portion (if not majority) of the pax will need to connect once in Europe, to fill enough seats.

For example, consider a pax from IND (no TATL service today) going to MUC. Today that pax from IND can fly IND-JFK/ORD/DTW/etc...-MUC. Now if IND got a BA flight to LHR, you could add LHR to the connection point list. Either way the question becomes, if you are flying USA-HUB-EUR.... is it better to have the hub in the US or in Europe?

Obviously for many, the price is the determining factor. But if price is similar, where is the better connection point? Everyone wants TATL service from their airport. But there probably is very few, if any, Secondary US to Europe city pairs that generate enough PDEW to make a flight work without connections somewhere.

So, the real question is, if a majority of the pax on a plane are connecting somewhere..., where is it that makes the most sense to make that connection?

An advantage of a llink to a hub on the other side of the ocean, is the ability to connect in one stop toward destinations that would not receive direct link to your side of the ocean. So that you can connect to destinations slike Luxemborg in one stop.
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

UWPAviation

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 pm

The day MKE gets a Transatlantic flight will be the happiest day in my life

tysmith95

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:42 pm

PWM might be able to support a narrow body.

axiom

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 pm

TPA is in a good position these days, with four year-round transatlantic services (BA to LON, LH to FRA, WK to ZRH, and FI to KEF), and needs to continue to develop those services (eg LH going daily mainline)... but I can't help wonder if MAN (Thomas Cook?) and DUB (EI?) aren't imminently viable, even with existing service to Orlando. Indeed, BA, LH, and FI serve both TPA and MCO, and WK moved from MCO to TPA in 2012. Big markets -- once Thomas Cook and Dublin tap out the big markets (eg new services to LAX, SFO) I can definitely see them adding some service to TPA.

Longer shots? Service to AMS (long wanted by TPA airport officials) and CDG. That's probably about it. Don't really see TPA as a Norwegian market with MCO service nearby and with the TPA market historically catering to the Anglo-German tourist, but one never knows.

Beyond the large tourism draws, the Central Florida region is home to roughly 9 million -- it's a giant home market, it's growing at an above average rate. EK isn't just shuttling people to and from the Mouse...
Last edited by axiom on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kavok

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
c933103 wrote:

CLT/TPA are definately second tier, BOS is debatable

Defining second tier is more a question of do you separate the NYC, LA, from the Dallas, Boston, Philly, etc. Obviously the second group is smaller, but some might lump both groups into one first tier group, while others could seperate the two.

Using the CSA population numbers, you have the following list:

1 NYC-23.7mil
2 LA-18.7mil

3 Chicago-9.9mil
4 Washington/Baltimore-9.7mil
5 SanFran/Bay area-8.8 mil
6 Boston-8.2mil
7 Dallas/FtWorth-7.7mil
8 Philadelphia-7.2mil
9 Houston-6.9mil
10 Miami-6.7 mil
11 Atlanta-6.4mil
12 Detroit-5.3mil
13 Seattle-4.7mil
14 Minneapolis/StPaul-3.9 mil
15 Denver-3.4mil

The point is, after NYC and LA, there is no real clear break point.... as the next city in the list is very close to the city above it. But you have to draw the line somewhere I suppose.

freakyrat

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:55 pm

With the soon to opened FIS, Improved South Shore rail into Chicago from various track projects and a major University SBN can support twice weekly Low Cost Carrier Norwegian Air service to their connecting hub in Dublin by the time they receive their new Airbus A321LR aircraft which is a range capable aircraft ideally suited for service to secondary airports. The South Shore double track project, the South Bend track and station realignment will allow nostop runs to downtown Chicago of 1hr or less. Even though Norwegian serves the New York area through their main airports, They also serve Stewart in Newburgh and bus passengers into NYC. SBN has an advantage over this in having rail.
Last edited by freakyrat on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LAX772LR

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:55 pm

DY has publicly stated its interest in serving MSY, multiple times.

I'm guessing that they're sure to do LGW and/or CDG, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak a weekly OSL or CPH in there eventually, as both Norway and Denmark are Top-10 European destinations from MSY, and Norway has the highest relative European-originating O&D of any European nation from MSY.

I wouldn't be surprised after a few years, to see:
BA on MSY-LHR xDaily 789
DE on MSY-FRA 3xWk 763ER, seasonal
DY on MSY-LGW 2xWk 788
DY on MSY-CDG 2xWk 788
DY on MSY-OSL 1xWk 788, seasonal

.....especially once Viking starts-up there.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Flighty

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Austin is one to watch. There is a lot of high powered money flowing into there. With that said, it is definitely a secondary city.

dfwjim1

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Interesting discussion. How about FI serving Palm Beach (PBI) International to KEF on a seasonal basis? FI is not in South Florida so perhaps PBI might work for them as the Airport does not have current service towards Europe. In addition Palm Beach and the surrounding cities are trying to expand their tourist and leisure business and the area is experiencing a strong population growth.

I know FI at PBI would be a dark horse but I thought I would put the idea out there.

axiom

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:09 pm

kavok wrote:
The point is, after NYC and LA, there is no real clear break point.... as the next city in the list is very close to the city above it. But you have to draw the line somewhere I suppose.

+1. This isn't easy, and thinking in terms of greater regions or catchment areas complicates the story even more. I wonder if using the FAA's list of large and medium hubs is an alternative way to get folks thinking about the topic? I'm not saying this is the right way to do it, and it's clear that NYC and PDX aren't in the same league (even if both " large hub" markets), but it focuses the conversation...

Large Hubs (FAA)

ATL
LAX
ORD
DFW
JFK
DEN
SFO
CLT
LAS
PHX
MIA
IAH
MCO
EWR
MSP
BOS
DTW
PHL
LGA
FLL
BWI
DCA
MDW
SLC
IAD
SAN
HNL
TPA
PDX

Medium Hubs

DAL
STL
HOU
AUS
BNA
OAK
MSY
MCI
RDU
SNA
SJC
SMF
SJU
RSW
SAT
CLE
PIT
IND
CMH
MKE
OGG
PBI
CVG
BDL
JAX
ANC
BUF
ABQ
ONT
OMA

Of the medium hub airports, one can make a few very preliminary classifications:

Part of larger metro with major international airport (or a major gateway in own right):
DAL
HOU
OAK
SNA
SJC
PBI

Long and very thin markets:
SMF
OGG
ABQ
OMA

Existing transatlantic service:
AUS
MSY
RDU
SJU
RSW
PIT
CVG
BDL
ANC

Which leaves us with just a few really viable unserved cities. And, go figure, they're the largely the same cities that pop up in every "Where will BA serve next?" thread...
STL
BNA
MCI
CLE
IND
CMH
MKE
JAX
BUF
Last edited by axiom on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UALFAson

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:10 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
Lemieux wrote:

Those cities already have enough service (ATL already has flights to many points in Europe, Asia and Africa), though RDU might be able to use a flight to AMS on DL. RDU is not a tourist destination, so DY is not likely to fly there.

Both of these flights currently operate. Please read the OP, not just the title thread, before rushing to submit.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

stl07

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:11 pm

While the main focus in the gateway to the west (ironical) is BA, I think more likely is STL-FRA on Lufthansa or Condor after Monsanto-Bayer happens, Sigma-Merck adds demand too. Yesterday the local news did an interview and found that people connecting to Europe would rather connect in Europe itself. They also found a slew of leisure travelers coming to STL, which is intriguing but also makes a perfect fit for Condor since they have business class and serve leisure travelers
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

axiom

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:13 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
Interesting discussion. How about FI serving Palm Beach (PBI) International to KEF on a seasonal basis? FI is not in South Florida so perhaps PBI might work for them as the Airport does not have current service towards Europe. In addition Palm Beach and the surrounding cities are trying to expand their tourist and leisure business and the area is experiencing a strong population growth.

I know FI at PBI would be a dark horse but I thought I would put the idea out there.

It's a fascinating idea, and I agree that PBI is growing as an area, but I see two obvious limits. The first is that PBI isn't close to many resorts, and the second is that it's quite difficult to access MIA from there, where I would expect much of FI's clientele to be coming to and from. With the right incentives and transit connections, it's a possibility. I'd still put my money on MIA/FLL. Shocked that TPA came before one of those two, to be honest.

stl07

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:13 pm

link:http://www.kmov.com/story/35594568/direct-flights-from-st-louis-to-europe-may-be-possible-in-near-future
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

OzarkD9S

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 pm

As a resident of STL, I believe we could support one daily flight to a large Euro-hub. Our biggest problem is we are just out of range of the current crop of mid-range narrow bodies. LHR is just not happening without a 788. May be just a touch too much aircraft. KEF/DUB might be doable, but with fewer connections it would be iffy.
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer's Night Dream

Sooner787

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Norwegian is rumored to be looking at Texas for future service.

How about DY service from HOU to LGW ?
Hobby has an international concourse now, so the logistics would work.

Adipocere

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 pm

SMF, GEG, BOI and ABQ come to mind.

Jshank83

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
As a resident of STL, I believe we could support one daily flight to a large Euro-hub. Our biggest problem is we are just out of range of the current crop of mid-range narrow bodies. LHR is just not happening without a 788. May be just a touch too much aircraft. KEF/DUB might be doable, but with fewer connections it would be iffy.

I have no desire for a KEF connection from STL. If that is the case, I might as well connect in NY or Chicago or Atlanta. There aren't many places that are one stop on a KEF connection that aren't a one stop connection from STL already. Especially if this hinders the chance to get a non KEF flight later. So I hope WOW or other don't happen until later/if at all.

Flighty

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 pm

It's understandable you might prefer a London flight, but I would stand up for a KEF flight being useful. It is a little hard to articulate why, but I think having a single airline connection that puts you down in Europe, then a short hop to various points in Europe, is superior to what you get from USA carriers. Maybe this that is just an emotional argument. You could also use AA or Delta and get single-airline 1-stop connections to most popular Europe stations from St Louis. I would prefer Icelandair as a better way to arrive home, and a fun way to arrive in Europe, without the hassle of an ATL or PHL connection, or a JFK connection. None of which are super appealing... JMO...

Midwestindy
Topic Author

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Adipocere wrote:
SMF, GEG, BOI and ABQ come to mind.

GEG and BOI seem like stretches, SMF might be able to serve as a secondary airport for the bay area.
ORD & IND

AA & DL

bigfoot0503

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 pm

B747forever wrote:
lhpdx wrote:

I would say that PDX is already rather well served and should instead focus on trying to keep the TATL routes it has sustainable.

And in making that statement you are basing your opinion on what???

Perhaps the 24% increase in international passengers at PDX from 2016 to 2017 is too modest of a figure??? I'm convinved that the airlines and the Port of Portland are not done adding international flights.

dfwjim1

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 pm

axiom wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:

It's a fascinating idea, and I agree that PBI is growing as an area, but I see two obvious limits. The first is that PBI isn't close to many resorts, and the second is that it's quite difficult to access MIA from there, where I would expect much of FI's clientele to be coming to and from. With the right incentives and transit connections, it's a possibility. I'd still put my money on MIA/FLL. Shocked that TPA came before one of those two, to be honest.

Yes, I am also surprised that FI has not set up shop at FLL/MIA. Perhaps there is too much competition from other European carriers at MIA and even, to a lesser degree, at FLL.

Continental767

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 pm

I definitely think that IND could support a few weekly/daily services to London. The international gates are already set up. Step off the plane and head directly to Customs down an escalator. The big companies are there, the tourists are there, everything is there except an airline.
Indianapolis.

Nola

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:48 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
DY has publicly stated its interest in serving MSY, multiple times.

I'm guessing that they're sure to do LGW and/or CDG, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak a weekly OSL or CPH in there eventually, as both Norway and Denmark are Top-10 European destinations from MSY, and Norway has the highest relative European-originating O&D of any European nation from MSY.

I wouldn't be surprised after a few years, to see:
BA on MSY-LHR xDaily 789
DE on MSY-FRA 3xWk 763ER, seasonal
DY on MSY-LGW 2xWk 788
DY on MSY-CDG 2xWk 788
DY on MSY-OSL 1xWk 788, seasonal

.....especially once Viking starts-up there.

I hope that MSY-CDG will be AF not DY, based on the large number of DL customers, although I do wonder if DL will be willing to lose passengers connecting in ATL.

Indy

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:55 pm

IND has put EU on the fast track. They've been working on it for a while and now there is money to back it. So it is really only a matter of time. My guess is sooner rather than later. Don't be surprised to see the service next year.
IND to RDU to OKC in 18 months. This is what my life has become.

AaronPGH

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:55 pm

PIT will actually have three non-stop destinations by the end of June... CDG on DL, FRA on Condor, and KEF on WOW. I know BA is still a heavy target of the airport authority with London the top TATL destination. Normally I'd say we're probably done at this point, but they keep pulling off crazy stuff, so who knows.

If I were going to put money on a different second-tier city, I'd probably go with CMH, being central to a few large midwest markets (CLE, CVG, PIT, IND)

Adipasquale

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 am

usdcaguy wrote:
Otherwise, I could see BUF benefitting from DY flights to LON given its proximity to YYZ and Niagara Falls

I also wonder about the likelihood of BUF getting TATL service, as it's my home airport. I would agree that DY to LON seems the likeliest, after they get the MAX. I'm by no means an expert, but I see some compelling reasons this could work: chiefly proximity to Niagara Falls, an alternative for price sensitive Canadians and Canadians who live closer to BUF than YYZ, and leisure travellers from all over upstate NY (Rochester is a little less than 1.5 hours from BUF, and Syracuse is about 3) who would rather make a relatively short drive than fly out of a closer airport and connect. I'd like to hear people who have more knowledge in the area's thoughts on this.
DH8A DH8B CR1 CR2 CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E75 E90 D93 M88 318 319 320 321 333 343 712 732 733 734 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77L 77W

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos