Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
leghorn
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Wait and see. In two years time 737 Max8 orders will be remarked upon as exceptional in the way that Max7 orders are mentioned now.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11166
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Update of orders/commitments after Day 3

BOC Aviation 10 x737 MAX 10 (MOU)
GECAS 20 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
CBD Aviation Leasing 42 x 737 Max 8, 10 x 737 MAX 10, 8 x 787-9 (MOU – 6 of 10 737 MAX 10 have been converted)
TUI Group 18 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
SpiceJet 40 x 737 MAX 10 (20 converted, other 20 MOU)
Tibet Financial Leasing 20 x 737 MAX – combination of 737 MAX 8 and 737 MAX 10 (MOU)
ALAFCO 20 737 MAX 8 (commitment)
AerCap 30 x 787-9 (order)
Norwegian 2 x 737 MAX 8 (order)
Monarch 15 x 737 Max 8 (order, previously listed as unidentified)
Lion Air Group 50 x 737 Max 10 (commitment)
Qatar Airways 20 x 737 MAX 8 (order)
Aviation Capital Group 20 x 737 MAX 10 (order)
Okay Airways 8 x 737 MAX 10, 7 x 737 MAX 8 (order), 5 x 787-9 (MOU)
Avolon 75 x 737 MAX 8 (MOU)
Blue Air 6 x 737 MAX (order, previously listed as unidentified)
Ethiopian 10 x 737 MAX 8 (order, previously listed as unidentified), 2 x 777F (commitment)
Ryanair 10 x 737 MAX 8 (order)
Azerbaijan Airlines 4 x 787-8 (commitment)
CALC 35 x 737 MAX 8, 15 x 737 MAX 10 (order)
United 100 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
United 4 x 777-300/ER (order)
Japan Investment Adviser 10 x 737 MAX 8 (commitment)
ALC 5 x 737 MAX 7, 7 x 737 MAX 8 (MOU)
El Al 2 x 787-8, 1 x 787-9 (order)
Mauritania Airlines 1 x 737 MAX 8 (previously unidentified)
Donghai Airlines 10 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
Malaysia Airlines 10 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
Xiamen Airlines 10 x 737 MAX 10 (MOU)
Copa Airlines 15 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)

5 x 737 MAX 7 (MOU)
260 x 737 MAX 8 (32 previously unidentified, 154 MOUS/commitments, 74 orders)
336 x 737 MAX 10 (199 converted, 94 MOUS/commitments, 43 orders)
20 x 737 MAX (unallocated-MOU)
2 x 777F (commitment)
4 x 777-300/ER (order)
6 x 787-8 (2 order, 4 commitment)
44 x 787-9 (13 MOU, 31 orders)

Of the 637 orders/commitments/conversions

32 previously unidentified
199 converted from existing orders
154 orders,
292 commitments, MOU’s
Forum Moderator
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks QF789
 
pabloeing
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Amazing show for Boeing....and two more days is coming ¡¡¡
 
astuteman
Posts: 7184
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:50 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm

qf789 wrote:
Update of orders/commitments after Day 3

BOC Aviation 10 x737 MAX 10 (MOU)
GECAS 20 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
CBD Aviation Leasing 42 x 737 Max 8, 10 x 737 MAX 10, 8 x 787-9 (MOU – 6 of 10 737 MAX 10 have been converted)
TUI Group 18 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
SpiceJet 40 x 737 MAX 10 (20 converted, other 20 MOU)
Tibet Financial Leasing 20 x 737 MAX – combination of 737 MAX 8 and 737 MAX 10 (MOU)
ALAFCO 20 737 MAX 8 (commitment)
AerCap 30 x 787-9 (order)
Norwegian 2 x 737 MAX 8 (order)
Monarch 15 x 737 Max 8 (order, previously listed as unidentified)
Lion Air Group 50 x 737 Max 10 (commitment)
Qatar Airways 20 x 737 MAX 8 (order)
Aviation Capital Group 20 x 737 MAX 10 (order)
Okay Airways 8 x 737 MAX 10, 7 x 737 MAX 8 (order), 5 x 787-9 (MOU)
Avolon 75 x 737 MAX 8 (MOU)
Blue Air 6 x 737 MAX (order, previously listed as unidentified)
Ethiopian 10 x 737 MAX 8 (order, previously listed as unidentified), 2 x 777F (commitment)
Ryanair 10 x 737 MAX 8 (order)
Azerbaijan Airlines 4 x 787-8 (commitment)
CALC 35 x 737 MAX 8, 15 x 737 MAX 10 (order)
United 100 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
United 4 x 777-300/ER (order)
Japan Investment Adviser 10 x 737 MAX 8 (commitment)
ALC 5 x 737 MAX 7, 7 x 737 MAX 8 (MOU)
El Al 2 x 787-8, 1 x 787-9 (order)
Mauritania Airlines 1 x 737 MAX 8 (previously unidentified)
Donghai Airlines 10 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
Malaysia Airlines 10 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)
Xiamen Airlines 10 x 737 MAX 10 (MOU)
Copa Airlines 15 x 737 MAX 10 (conversion)

5 x 737 MAX 7 (MOU)
260 x 737 MAX 8 (32 previously unidentified, 154 MOUS/commitments, 74 orders)
336 x 737 MAX 10 (199 converted, 94 MOUS/commitments, 43 orders)
20 x 737 MAX (unallocated-MOU)
2 x 777F (commitment)
4 x 777-300/ER (order)
6 x 787-8 (2 order, 4 commitment)
44 x 787-9 (13 MOU, 31 orders)

Of the 637 orders/commitments/conversions

32 previously unidentified
199 converted from existing orders
154 orders,
292 commitments, MOU’s


So essentially 154 all new orders and 292 all new commitments.
(vs 122 and 95 for Airbus)

I think Boeing will go home happy this week.

The 737-10 was so needed.

Rgds
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10907
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 pm

pabloeing wrote:
Amazing show for Boeing....and two more days is coming ¡¡¡

Only one more day left, tomorrow is the last day of the trade show. The air show is open to the general public from Friday to Sunday but it is rare for orders to be announced then as most of the media and industry/airline bigwigs leave after the trade show.
 
User avatar
sunrisevalley
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:10 pm

pabloeing wrote:
Amazing show for Boeing....and two more days is coming ¡¡¡


Are you still expecting some 777X announcements?
 
QXAS
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:15 pm

qf789 wrote:
Aercap has announced that Italian airline Neos will lease 2 737MAX, first delivery 2019

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-21- ... X-Operator

Anyone else find this ironic? Neos flying the MAX? :scratchchin:
I am NOT an employee of any airline or manufacturer. I speak for myself, not on the behalf of any company.
 
pabloeing
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:49 pm

sunrisevalley wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
Amazing show for Boeing....and two more days is coming ¡¡¡


Are you still expecting some 777X announcements?

yes.....
 
81819
Posts: 2008
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:51 pm

QXAS wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Aercap has announced that Italian airline Neos will lease 2 737MAX, first delivery 2019

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-21- ... X-Operator

Anyone else find this ironic? Neos flying the MAX? :scratchchin:


Best of both worlds
 
User avatar
diverdave
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:43 pm

leghorn wrote:
Yes, not only prices but your place in the queue gets pushed out so if it is 5% or 8% or whatever more efficient than the predecessor it takes the late ordering Customer years to tap in to those extra savings.
Every fresh order from antoher airline strengthens Boeing's negotiating position and weakens Ryanair's


Ryanair still has a good negotiating position - at the end of the day Boeing will do just about anything to keep Ryanair all-Boeing.
 
AvObserver
Posts: 2605
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:48 pm

astuteman wrote:

So essentially 154 all new orders and 292 all new commitments.
(vs 122 and 95 for Airbus)

I think Boeing will go home happy this week.

The 737-10 was so needed.

Rgds


I'm a bit taken aback by just how well the MAX 10 has done, albeit partly at the expense of the 8 and 9 models. I didn't think merely adding 2 more seat rows would set off such a frenzy of commitments. It definitely shows just how weak the MAX 9 was against the A321NEO and although the 10 doesn't go as far as needed to match that airplane one to one, it's definitely enough to keep many current 737 operators from defecting to it. Apparently, many who don't need the 321's extra range are embracing the MAX 10, no doubt expecting low seat mile and trip mile costs. Still, the 737-10 is playing catchup to to the A321NEO's phonomenal order tally to date and I don't expect it to pull even to the Airbus, despite this strong start. Not that it really matters; hanging onto just 40% or so of this lucrative market would be fine for Boeing. And Airbus need not fret over its relatively lackluster showing at this particular airshow thus far; there have been plenty of years when it embarassed Boeing in order intake. The onus was on Boeing this year to turn around its weakness at the top end of narrow body models and the MAX 10, while not all I'd hoped it would be, has at least partly addressed that and has sold in better numbers than the MAX 9 already so on balance, mission accomplished.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27317
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:52 pm

diverdave wrote:
Ryanair still has a good negotiating position - at the end of the day Boeing will do just about anything to keep Ryanair all-Boeing.


The cost for Ryanair to change is significantly higher now than it was 15 years ago, however. ;)
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 9765
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Boeing dominating the orders at Paris Airshow is a strong message.
 
heavy747
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2000 4:04 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Does anyone think Air Canada will convert any of their orders to the MAX 10? Would it be a good fit in their fleet?
Aviation Enthusiast - AvgeekYVR - RTW Travel Solutions
 
User avatar
MrHMSH
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 pm

heavy747 wrote:
Does anyone think Air Canada will convert any of their orders to the MAX 10? Would it be a good fit in their fleet?


As long as it can make the long domestic routes, there's no reason why it shouldn't be under heavy consideration. The range takes a slight hit compared to the MAX 9 but it should still be enough.

I think virtually all the MAX 9 orders are 'at risk' of being converted.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27317
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:22 pm

heavy747 wrote:
Does anyone think Air Canada will convert any of their orders to the MAX 10? Would it be a good fit in their fleet?


They might take some for the Rogue fleet as the 737-9 would likely need a bit of a reduction in Economy seats. The two-class A321s should probably be able to be replaced with the 737-9.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2497
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:26 pm

pabloeing wrote:
sunrisevalley wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
Amazing show for Boeing....and two more days is coming ¡¡¡


Are you still expecting some 777X announcements?

yes.....


Speculation or do you have information?
 
User avatar
United787
Posts: 2942
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 12:20 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:41 pm

United took the first 777-200... now they could end up taking the last 777-300ER!
 
User avatar
Boeing778X
Topic Author
Posts: 3268
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:43 pm

pabloeing wrote:
sunrisevalley wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
Amazing show for Boeing....and two more days is coming ¡¡¡


Are you still expecting some 777X announcements?

yes.....


Would love to see that happen, but are there any reports? Is Vistara going to do it? Singapore firming up?
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27317
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Vistara was rumored to take up to 50 77X (likely a mix of firm/option/purchase rights). As for SQ, I wonder if they will wait for the Singapore Air Show in February 2018...
 
User avatar
sunrisevalley
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 pm

And there was the "strong rumour" of 10 for NZ
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:55 pm

sunrisevalley wrote:
And there was the "strong rumour" of 10 for NZ


There's a reason why it's called a rumor.

Air New Zealand to start new widebody fleet study in 4Q17

Study has yet to start (Q4) and includes other aircraft as well, so there goes to rumor.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Im still waiting for some 777X orders
 
User avatar
sunrisevalley
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
sunrisevalley wrote:
And there was the "strong rumour" of 10 for NZ


There's a reason why it's called a rumor.

Air New Zealand to start new widebody fleet study in 4Q17

Study has yet to start (Q4) and includes other aircraft as well, so there goes to rumor.


Not correct. CEO Luxon was specific that the study later this year was for a replacement for the 777-200ER. On the recent Investor Day Q and A the CFO referred to a study to take place later in the year. About a week later Luxon was specific on what they would be studying viz replacement of he 777-200ER.
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 7537
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:42 pm

sunrisevalley wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
sunrisevalley wrote:
And there was the "strong rumour" of 10 for NZ


There's a reason why it's called a rumor.

Air New Zealand to start new widebody fleet study in 4Q17

Study has yet to start (Q4) and includes other aircraft as well, so there goes to rumor.


Not correct. CEO Luxon was specific that the study later this year was for a replacement for the 777-200ER. On the recent Investor Day Q and A the CFO referred to a study to take place later in the year. About a week later Luxon was specific on what they would be studying viz replacement of he 777-200ER.


TBH I'm not sure what to believe here, are we potentially looking at 2 orders? Seems unlikely and excessive for a carrier the size of NZ, surely 778 if they want range but do they need that much that the 789 with a few less seats can't do with a viable load? UAis doing SFO-SIN and soon the even longer LAX-SIN. The 779 is a lot of aircraft for them given the direction they are heading NZ that is to more PtP flying with smaller frames. The 78-10 is also mentioned in the linked article.

I to thought it would be later in the year the study would start. The 772 replacement at this stage doesn't seem to start until after 2022 according to a recent fleet page.
 
User avatar
ssteve
Posts: 1427
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:32 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:20 pm

788 is still selling. This I did not expect.
 
FriscoHeavy
Posts: 1792
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 pm

ssteve wrote:
788 is still selling. This I did not expect.



The 788 is still an amazing aircraft, even though most can do well with the 789. If you can't fill it, the 788 still makes a lot of sense and a pretty darn good 763ER replacement.
Whatever
 
User avatar
sunrisevalley
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:46 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
TBH I'm not sure what to believe here, are we potentially looking at 2 orders? Seems unlikely and excessive for a carrier the size of NZ, surely 778 if they want range but do they need that much that the 789 with a few less seats can't do with a viable load? UAis doing SFO-SIN and soon the even longer LAX-SIN. The 779 is a lot of aircraft for them given the direction they are heading NZ that is to more PtP flying with smaller frames. The 78-10 is also mentioned in the linked article.I to thought it would be later in the year the study would start. The 772 replacement at this stage doesn't seem to start until after 2022 according to a recent fleet page.

There were a number of types mentioned but this was press conjecture. No where has NZ mentioned possible replacement types. We know that NZ has the option of returning 3 77W from FY2019 to FY2021.It is logical to expect if they elect to do this they will be replaced by 779's. The 275 seat 789 can handle ORD most days with max passenger . But further east will pretty much be too far. Thus I think a 779 order is possible but we will have wait and see.
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 7537
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:51 pm

sunrisevalley wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
TBH I'm not sure what to believe here, are we potentially looking at 2 orders? Seems unlikely and excessive for a carrier the size of NZ, surely 778 if they want range but do they need that much that the 789 with a few less seats can't do with a viable load? UAis doing SFO-SIN and soon the even longer LAX-SIN. The 779 is a lot of aircraft for them given the direction they are heading NZ that is to more PtP flying with smaller frames. The 78-10 is also mentioned in the linked article.I to thought it would be later in the year the study would start. The 772 replacement at this stage doesn't seem to start until after 2022 according to a recent fleet page.

There were a number of types mentioned but this was press conjecture. No where has NZ mentioned possible replacement types. We know that NZ has the option of returning 3 77W from FY2019 to FY2021.It is logical to expect if they elect to do this they will be replaced by 779's. The 275 seat 789 can handle ORD most days with max passenger . But further east will pretty much be too far. Thus I think a 779 order is possible but we will have wait and see.


What's the 779 range? It's a big plane to send further east say EWR, which is why I think maybe 778 instead although maybe the economics of the 779 are more compelling it certainly won't fly as far and will take a reasonable payload hit.

I don't think they will replace the 77W's so soon, remember the 772's originally were only leased for 6-8 years before being extended. Sure the 77W's will be 9-11 years old by 2021 barring the 2 newest which will only be 7 in 2021, I actually wonder if it's the 2 younger ones which will expire first? Originally they were meant to replace the 744's with the first 789's before ordering those extra 2 77W's.
 
User avatar
Johnv707
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 am

Hamlet69 wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
Shipping spree from China?

This is what we heard, China could order 200 aircraft to appease Trump. MAX 10 likely a part of it.


https://twitter.com/LeehamNews/status/8 ... 0507018241


They could simply reveal some of the UFO's.

Since Trump loves 'fake news', especially his own, he could take credit for being such a great deal-maker and boost his little ego. :duck:

Hamlet69



Political jabs are not necessary. Let's stick to aviation
 
81819
Posts: 2008
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:51 am

AvObserver wrote:
astuteman wrote:

So essentially 154 all new orders and 292 all new commitments.
(vs 122 and 95 for Airbus)

I think Boeing will go home happy this week.

The 737-10 was so needed.

Rgds


I'm a bit taken aback by just how well the MAX 10 has done, albeit partly at the expense of the 8 and 9 models. I didn't think merely adding 2 more seat rows would set off such a frenzy of commitments. It definitely shows just how weak the MAX 9 was against the A321NEO and although the 10 doesn't go as far as needed to match that airplane one to one, it's definitely enough to keep many current 737 operators from defecting to it. Apparently, many who don't need the 321's extra range are embracing the MAX 10, no doubt expecting low seat mile and trip mile costs. Still, the 737-10 is playing catchup to to the A321NEO's phonomenal order tally to date and I don't expect it to pull even to the Airbus, despite this strong start. Not that it really matters; hanging onto just 40% or so of this lucrative market would be fine for Boeing. And Airbus need not fret over its relatively lackluster showing at this particular airshow thus far; there have been plenty of years when it embarassed Boeing in order intake. The onus was on Boeing this year to turn around its weakness at the top end of narrow body models and the MAX 10, while not all I'd hoped it would be, has at least partly addressed that and has sold in better numbers than the MAX 9 already so on balance, mission accomplished.


I'd suggest the revenue opportunity far outweighs the financial risks of operating the more expensive larger aircraft. At 6 turns a day, the twelve additional seats equates to additonal reveunes $5,760 using a $100 average fare and 80% load factor.
 
User avatar
sunrisevalley
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:37 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
What's the 779 range? It's a big plane to send further east say EWR, which is why I think maybe 778 instead although maybe the economics of the 779 are more compelling it certainly won't fly as far and will take a reasonable payload hit. I don't think they will replace the 77W's so soon, remember the 772's originally were only leased for 6-8 years before being extended. Sure the 77W's will be 9-11 years old by 2021 barring the 2 newest which will only be 7 in 2021, I actually wonder if it's the 2 younger ones which will expire first? Originally they were meant to replace the 744's with the first 789's before ordering those extra 2 77W's.


I agree the 778 makes a lot of sense but isn't it scheduled for 2 or 3 years later than the 779 ? I think NZ needs .ESAD ~8200nm capability before then.
 
User avatar
kitplane01
Posts: 1549
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:06 am

Stitch wrote:

As for Ryanair, going over 200 seats means a fifth FA needs to be added. 30 passengers would probably pay for it, but how many FR routes can fill those extra 30 seats every flight? I see them as a 737-10 customer, but I do not see them operating a fleet exclusively composed of 737-10s.


Can you please explain your math? I might think that a Ryanair ticket costs $100 one way one segment, and that 2 hours of an FA's time costs the same $100. I would have thought a single seat sold would cover the cost of the FA.
 
rj777
Posts: 1807
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 1:47 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:35 am

So where are we at for a grand total for the MAX10?
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27317
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:00 am

rj777 wrote:
So where are we at for a grand total for the MAX10?


Per qf789, 336 (199 converted, 94 MOUS/commitments, 43 orders)[/quote]
 
User avatar
flee
Posts: 1360
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:01 am

AvObserver wrote:
I didn't think merely adding 2 more seat rows would set off such a frenzy of commitments. It definitely shows just how weak the MAX 9 was against the A321NEO and although the 10 doesn't go as far as needed to match that airplane one to one,

I note that many of the Max 10 orders were converted from the Max 8 - it would seem that many airlines actually ordered the Max 8 even though it was smaller than what they needed. The Max 9 was too risky to order, so they settled for the Max 8. Now that the Max 10 is available with far superior economics to the Max 9, many airlines who ordered the Max 8 are converting.

AvObserver wrote:
Apparently, many who don't need the 321's extra range are embracing the MAX 10, no doubt expecting low seat mile and trip mile costs. Still, the 737-10 is playing catchup to to the A321NEO's phonomenal order tally to date and I don't expect it to pull even to the Airbus, despite this strong start. Not that it really matters; hanging onto just 40% or so of this lucrative market would be fine for Boeing. And Airbus need not fret over its relatively lackluster showing at this particular airshow thus far; there have been plenty of years when it embarassed Boeing in order intake. The onus was on Boeing this year to turn around its weakness at the top end of narrow body models and the MAX 10, while not all I'd hoped it would be, has at least partly addressed that and has sold in better numbers than the MAX 9 already so on balance, mission accomplished.

Yes, Boeing can take heart that those who converted their orders to the Max 10 are the real loyal Boeing customers as they have bought Boeing products even though they are not meeting their needs completely. I think that Boeing lost some customers to Airbus simply because those airlines need to replace their fleet urgently and can't wait for Boeing to make up their mind on offering something better than the Max 9. Yes, it was a good save by Boeing and Airbus won't get a free ride into the sunset!

For Airbus, they really have nothing much to worry about on the narrow body front - they really need to focus on deliveries now and clear more slots so that they can take more new orders. What is more worrying is that their A330Neos and A350 did not do much business this time round. So they really need to work harder on those campaigns. The A380 is now on life support - by the next PAS, Airbus will need to make a decision on whether to close the program.
 
LifelinerOne
Posts: 1617
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:30 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:23 am

Stitch wrote:
diverdave wrote:
Ryanair still has a good negotiating position - at the end of the day Boeing will do just about anything to keep Ryanair all-Boeing.


The cost for Ryanair to change is significantly higher now than it was 15 years ago, however. ;)


I think Ryanair is big enough now that they could, quite profitable, operate two fleets of plane types.

Cheers!
Only Those Who Sleep Don't Make Mistakes
 
User avatar
A330freak
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:35 am

Boeing signs an undisclosed commitment from a major airline for 125 737MAX8s
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... -Airplanes
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:36 am

My guess : Jet Airways

Why the heck would an airline remain anonymous at an Air Show???
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:36 am

Boeing Signs Commitment with Unidentified Customer for 125 737 MAX 8 Airplanes:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... -Airplanes
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
redalert2fan
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:01 am

Tassili Airlines orders three 737-800s:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... n-737-800s

(The order was previously attributed to an unidentified customer)
 
na
Posts: 9780
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:16 am

Slash787 wrote:
Im still waiting for some 777X orders


Currently its not looking very well for that program. Sizable orders from a handful of big clients when launched years ago, nothing really worth mentioning since, and nothing at Paris this year, while hundreds of its heavily facelifted little sister are being bought. There will be some head scratching at Seattle.
 
redalert2fan
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 am

AerCap Orders 15 737 MAX 10s:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... 37-MAX-10s

"AerCap will convert 15 of its current 737 MAX airplanes into MAX 10s."
 
juliuswong
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 am

anshabhi wrote:
My guess : Jet Airways

Why the heck would an airline remain anonymous at an Air Show???

Perhaps they need some time to iron out the details before making themselves known. Anything possible.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11166
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:49 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Boeing Signs Commitment with Unidentified Customer for 125 737 MAX 8 Airplanes:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... -Airplanes


Included is purchase rights to buy a further 50 airplanes
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15776
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:56 am

qf789 wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
Boeing Signs Commitment with Unidentified Customer for 125 737 MAX 8 Airplanes:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... -Airplanes


Included is purchase rights to buy a further 50 airplanes


Perhaps AS concluded the evaluation of the A320 and A321NEO earlier than expected? :duck:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:19 am

Firm orders for the MAX 10 as follows:

Image
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
pabloeing
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:20 am

Ruili Airlines and @BoeingAirplanes announce MoU for 20 #737MAX8
 
pabloeing
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:20 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Firm orders for the MAX 10 as follows:

Image


.....the jonh leavhy morning show......
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos