• 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:23 am

pabloeing wrote:
Ruili Airlines and @BoeingAirplanes announce MoU for 20 #737MAX8


Press release: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... 0-737-MAXs
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
kengo
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 am

anshabhi wrote:
My guess : Jet Airways

Why the heck would an airline remain anonymous at an Air Show???


Didn't they ordered 75 MAX8s a few years ago to replace their 737-800s? Do they need another 125 MAX8s and options for 50 more? If I had to guess, I think it is SWA since they need a lot more MAX8s to replace their 737-700/800 fleet than what they already ordered in previous years.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:36 am

^^if you compare it with other Indian airlines, a big yes.
 
User avatar
HighBypass
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 3:03 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:37 am

sassiciai wrote:
HighBypass wrote:
nipoel123 wrote:

Assuming that image is more or less to scale, it looks like they're going for a single aisle after all!


The NMA/MOM/797 will be dual aisle, with composite wings and fuselage as I shared from an inside point of view a few weeks back right here on Airliners dot net, including information on the autoclave conundrum. That was where I also shared the bleed less design assumption - which remains to be proven as a viable option. Weight, system simplicity, and maintenance savings are all the pro arguments here.

I would like to see you bet your house on these statements.

Are you employed in the Boeing Design Department (or whatever structural bit in Boeing-speak does this work) or are you just guessing? At least share some of the basis for your assured POV!


Not I. I am but a mere pilot. Which house should I bet, Sassiciai? I've two to choose from. One modest structure that has been in my family for a few generations or our current domicile where the land is worth more than the house and is owned more by the bank than myself?

I'd rather not say where the information came from specifically, but generally, airline management and a professional connection to Renton. What I know and have shared is not so unique that thousands of others do not also know.
 
pabloeing
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 am

Next Boeing order in few minutes.....the last one.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10016
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 am

anshabhi wrote:
My guess : Jet Airways

Why the heck would an airline remain anonymous at an Air Show???

And order that size (125+50 purchase rights) is easily big enough (and probably from an established well known airline in the industry of which Jet Airways, for example, would be one) to garner attention outside the airshow where the airline has full control of the PR and day's narrative. The air show is a great time to announce orders, but it comes with the risk of being outstaged and thus quickly forgotten due to all the excitement. If you announce it during a slower order period however..

Customer is probably waiting until it is firm to make annnouncement. Boeing wants the PR at the air show so they agreed to let Boeing announce the MoU but not identify them.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:05 am

pabloeing wrote:
Next Boeing order in few minutes.....the last one.

you were always very optimistic for 777X... fingers crossed.....
 
User avatar
VirginFlyer
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2000 12:27 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:08 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Firm orders for the MAX 10 as follows:

Image

ROFLCOPTER!

Those of us who have been following air shows long enough will remember that Airbus was at one time the champion of announcing MoUs and LoIs at air shows with equal fanfare to firm orders (and often then repeating that fanfare when those orders were announced as becoming firm at a following air show or major event). Boeing used to point this out along and how they were comparable with Airbus in terms of firm orders and that they don't hold over orders to air shows.

Fast forward a decade or two, and how the tables have turned. Despite what some partisans would want to believe, I think this is much less to do with principles and much more to do with expediency. You can bet your bottom dollar that had it been Airbus announcing a lot of commitments and conversions, but not a huge number of those being firm orders, Boeing would have almost exactly the same slide. Heck when I first saw the wording before I realised the types being referred to, I thought it was a Boeing slide!

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 am

Boeing's order wrap-up:

Image

See http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... s-Air-Show for more details.

It says 571 airplanes, but that figure also includes options / purchase rights.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
pabloeing
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:14 am

anshabhi wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
Next Boeing order in few minutes.....the last one.

you were always very optimistic for 777X... fingers crossed.....

Boeing said B787-10 tomorrow....

Boeing's Mounir says "hesitancy in regional pockets" not affecting #777X timing......787-10 announcement tomorrow. #PAS17
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9899
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:16 am

Boeing Press Release on order wrap up

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... s-Air-Show
Forum Moderator
 
airbazar
Posts: 9946
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:18 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Firm orders for the MAX 10 as follows:

Image

Ouch! :)
It proves that the -10 was long overdue. It proves that Airbus has been right by moving the A321NEO forward.
The big question that still remains is: For how much longer can Boeing limp along with the current 737 platform?

Hamlet69 wrote:
Since Trump loves 'fake news', especially his own, he could take credit for being such a great deal-maker and boost his little ego. :duck:
Hamlet69

Given that he has just outsourced the F-16 production to India, I don't think this is an area where he wants to draw too much attention to.
https://www.the-american-interest.com/2 ... f-16-deal/
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10016
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:18 am

pabloeing wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
Next Boeing order in few minutes.....the last one.

you were always very optimistic for 777X... fingers crossed.....

Boeing said B787-10 tomorrow....

Boeing's Mounir says "hesitancy in regional pockets" not affecting #777X timing......787-10 announcement tomorrow. #PAS17

We don't know if that means an order announcement. Boeing could just be giving an update on the certification progress.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:21 am

Polot wrote:
We don't know if that means an order announcement. Boeing could just be giving an update on the certification progress.


The order show is finished and Boeing just issued a press release containing the entire order wrap-up. Unless I'm mistaken, that doesn't sound like more orders are expected.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
rlwynn
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2000 3:35 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:27 am

326 is quite a big number, Who would have thought.
I can drive faster than you
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:30 am

VirginFlyer wrote:
Those of us who have been following air shows long enough will remember that Airbus was at one time the champion of announcing MoUs and LoIs at air shows with equal fanfare to firm orders (and often then repeating that fanfare when those orders were announced as becoming firm at a following air show or major event). Boeing used to point this out along and how they were comparable with Airbus in terms of firm orders and that they don't hold over orders to air shows.


Indeed.

Then I guess we should repeat what people always say when Airbus announces a bunch of LOIs/MOUs:

"Only firm orders count" :stirthepot:

Of course we all know most LOIs/MOUs eventually turn into firm orders.

The most important part is that the MAX 10 gained momentum.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
rotating14
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:31 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Firm orders for the MAX 10 as follows:

Image



(not directed at you KarelXWB)

Today's lunch special features a side of sour grapes, served on a bed of, well, more sour grapes.


Pretty comical to be honest. I guarantee that if the A320/21/LR/NEO had the same number of commitments, conversions, MOU, LOI, and orders they'd be over the moon with joy.


The good news is that that the sun rises for everyone and Dubai is 5 months away.
 
LTH
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:36 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Boeing Signs Commitment with Unidentified Customer for 125 737 MAX 8 Airplanes:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... -Airplanes


Could be any "significant customer" that operates Boeing 737s today. Im thinking of DL or QF. Though 125 for QF is double the size of their current fleet. AI Express was studying MAX vs. neo as well some time ago. Could be any Chinese operator as well. But for my thinking there aren't that many existing 737 customers left who haven't ordered MAX (or neos as a replacement) and could easily need 125+ planes.


LTH
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6685
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:22 pm

LTH wrote:
But for my thinking there aren't that many existing 737 customers left who haven't ordered MAX (or neos as a replacement) and could easily need 125+ planes.

Iran Air :?: :scratchchin:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
Newbiepilot
Posts: 3639
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 pm

rlwynn wrote:
326 is quite a big number, Who would have thought.


And from 16 customers. That is a bigger launch than it appears most of this website expected when discussing Lion Air considering the 737-10 last week

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1365125&start=50
 
george77300
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Devilfish wrote:
LTH wrote:
But for my thinking there aren't that many existing 737 customers left who haven't ordered MAX (or neos as a replacement) and could easily need 125+ planes.

Iran Air :?: :scratchchin:


What about Alaska. They may have decided 737 over NEOs now.
 
User avatar
VirginFlyer
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2000 12:27 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Interesting to see that Copa is conspicuously absent from Boeing's overview list at http://www.boeing.com/commercial/paris- ... ouncements (it is however on the press release giving the order overview quoted above).

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh
 
Aieron
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:34 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pm

LTH wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
Boeing Signs Commitment with Unidentified Customer for 125 737 MAX 8 Airplanes:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... -Airplanes


Could be any "significant customer" that operates Boeing 737s today. Im thinking of DL or QF. Though 125 for QF is double the size of their current fleet. AI Express was studying MAX vs. neo as well some time ago. Could be any Chinese operator as well. But for my thinking there aren't that many existing 737 customers left who haven't ordered MAX (or neos as a replacement) and could easily need 125+ planes.


LTH


Well one thing i can assure you is that AI Express is not behind this order
 
User avatar
AirCal737
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:17 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:10 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
Firm orders for the MAX 10 as follows:

Image

The words on the lower right of the image has explained everything.
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 9286
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:09 pm

AirCal737 wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
Firm orders for the MAX 10 as follows:

Image

The words on the lower right of the image has explained everything.


Is something on that picture wrong information?
 
leghorn
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:13 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:17 pm

"Is something on that picture wrong information?"
It is something akin to the Nazis showing their total domination of the European Land Mass on the day before the D-day landings. :)
I'm not a fanboy. What it doesn't show is that Airbus have lost their initiative and from now on have to fight to win every order in the 230 seat single aisle market.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:34 pm

That slide may be comical. But several people asked for the 737 MAX 10 breakdown (firm/MoU/conversion etc), at least that slide answers that question. Boeing themselves did not provide a breakdown.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 9286
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:55 pm

leghorn wrote:
"Is something on that picture wrong information?"
It is something akin to the Nazis showing their total domination of the European Land Mass on the day before the D-day landings. :)
I'm not a fanboy. What it doesn't show is that Airbus have lost their initiative and from now on have to fight to win every order in the 230 seat single aisle market.


So it is not wrong information, but not very refreshing to look at, coming down from the 737-10 spin.

New orders and Commitments, 43 firm orders + 104 new commitments = 147. The rest are conversions of previous orders.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:57 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
leghorn wrote:
"Is something on that picture wrong information?"
It is something akin to the Nazis showing their total domination of the European Land Mass on the day before the D-day landings. :)
I'm not a fanboy. What it doesn't show is that Airbus have lost their initiative and from now on have to fight to win every order in the 230 seat single aisle market.


So it is not wrong information, but not very refreshing to look at, coming down from the 737-10 spin.

New orders and Commitments, 43 firm orders + 104 new commitments = 147. The rest are conversions of previous orders.


Commitments count. IIRC one of the above posters talked about how Wizzair came out at the end of the show. Did that count? It was an MOU.

It is not "spin" to count commitments.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10016
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:05 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
leghorn wrote:
"Is something on that picture wrong information?"
It is something akin to the Nazis showing their total domination of the European Land Mass on the day before the D-day landings. :)
I'm not a fanboy. What it doesn't show is that Airbus have lost their initiative and from now on have to fight to win every order in the 230 seat single aisle market.


So it is not wrong information, but not very refreshing to look at, coming down from the 737-10 spin.

New orders and Commitments, 43 firm orders + 104 new commitments = 147. The rest are conversions of previous orders.

IMO the fact that customers were willing to pay more money to convert 179 frames to 737-10s doesn't somehow lessen the 737-10's debut or response in the market place, especially as according to Boeing some of those conversions were so the customers could get the plane sooner than when Boeing had open slots for.

It is just Airbus spin because 43 looks less impressive than 326. It is exactly what Leeham (Scott Hamilton) called it, a red-herring.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 6597
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:20 pm

airbazar wrote:
The big question that still remains is: For how much longer can Boeing limp along with the current 737 platform?


Based on the immediate success - in incremental orders and well as conversions - of the Max 10, a clean sheet replacement got pushed out another five years or more. The strategic question may be this: What's more important to do first - the MOM or the 737 replacement?
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10016
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:32 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
The strategic question may be this: What's more important to do first - the MOM or the 737 replacement?


On the surface the answer to that question seems obvious: the MOM. With the A320neo's success Airbus will be in no rush to replace the plane anytime soon (requiring a 737 replacement), but they may decide to exploit the A321's continuing strengths over the 737-10 (namely longer range/longer gear) with a A322 simple stretch and/or a rewing. I also doubt that airlines will be interested in the 737 replacement so soon after getting Max/Neos.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:34 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
airbazar wrote:
The big question that still remains is: For how much longer can Boeing limp along with the current 737 platform?


Based on the immediate success - in incremental orders and well as conversions - of the Max 10, a clean sheet replacement got pushed out another five years or more. The strategic question may be this: What's more important to do first - the MOM or the 737 replacement?


I disagree. I don't think this changed the timeline at all. Boeing wouldn't have launched the MAX 10 without fully believing it would doing OK - they knew these were all or mostly in the pipeline. In addition, Boeing wasn't going to replace the 737MAX anytime soon, and a "immediate success" of the MAX 10 (which, IMO, remains to be seen) isn't going to determine whether or not Boeing plans a new plane for tens of thousands of frames. Next is the MOM, absolutely no question.
 
User avatar
Boeing778X
Topic Author
Posts: 3268
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:41 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
airbazar wrote:
The big question that still remains is: For how much longer can Boeing limp along with the current 737 platform?


Based on the immediate success - in incremental orders and well as conversions - of the Max 10, a clean sheet replacement got pushed out another five years or more. The strategic question may be this: What's more important to do first - the MOM or the 737 replacement?


I seriously disagree with this statement. You have to keep in mind that the 737 MAX in of itself is a stopgap program. The majority's of MAX 10 orders are conversions.

While the MAX 10 will be unbelievably efficient, Boeing does need to work on the NSA at some point in the near to mid future.
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10016
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Boeing778X wrote:
While the MAX 10 will be unbelievably efficient, Boeing does need to work on the NSA at some point in the near to mid future.

The MOM would cover the MAX 10's major weakness however (range/field performance). The MAX 8 holds it own against the A320neo perfectly fine and is in no rush for a replacement. Keep in mind that the future NSA would likely be closely related to the MOM (if Boeing actually pulls the trigger) with things like common cockpits and what not so Boeing can offer them to airlines together as a viable family.

When people called the MAX a "stopgap" it was 90% because of the A321, and with the expectation that Boeing would make just a singular NSA and not a NSA+MOM (which has only gained serious plausible traction within the past year). The 737-10 pushes MAX replacement need further back.
 
holzmann
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:58 pm

So after it's all said and done, no real WB news? UA bought a few 77Ws. I think I read of a 77F order. Otherwise, crickets for MOM, 787-10, and 77X...
DISCLAIMER: Airliners.net is an AIRBUS forum. Boeing Commercial Airplanes, if it has considered doing so in the past, should in no way consider supporting this website.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10016
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:03 pm

holzmann wrote:
So after it's all said and done, no real WB news? UA bought a few 77Ws. I think I read of a 77F order. Otherwise, crickets for MOM, 787-10, and 77X...

Boeing got 45 787 (39 789, 6 788s? There is a discrepancy in variants with Azerbaijan in the press release versus Boeing's order round up) orders/commitments...
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Polot wrote:
holzmann wrote:
So after it's all said and done, no real WB news? UA bought a few 77Ws. I think I read of a 77F order. Otherwise, crickets for MOM, 787-10, and 77X...

Boeing got 45 787 (39 789, 6 788s? There is a discrepancy in variants with Azerbaijan in the press release versus Boeing's order round up) orders/commitments...


Look at the recent WB orders, Boeing did great with its seals and commitments! Well done.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
ssteve
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:32 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:46 pm

holzmann wrote:
So after it's all said and done, no real WB news? UA bought a few 77Ws. I think I read of a 77F order. Otherwise, crickets for MOM, 787-10, and 77X...


It was Ethiopian for 2 77F. They apparently already have 6.
 
mffoda
Posts: 1099
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Hey qf789 are you doing a end of 4th day total? :crossfingers:
harder than woodpecker lips...
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:23 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
ssteve wrote:
788 is still selling. This I did not expect.



The 788 is still an amazing aircraft, even though most can do well with the 789. If you can't fill it, the 788 still makes a lot of sense and a pretty darn good 763ER replacement.


It's overkill as a 763ER replacement.
@DadCelo
 
wingman
Posts: 3835
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Hopefully he's got a sound method because, no joke, every single press story about Paris has different counts for Boeing and Airbus each. It's like a gathering of shamans in swirling smoke inside a hall of mirrors. No one really seems to know what just happened.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10016
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Boeing's summary (posted earlier) gives a fairly comprehensive overview with links to all press releases:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-06-22- ... s-Air-Show
 
User avatar
N328KF
Posts: 5946
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 3:50 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:46 pm

holzmann wrote:
So after it's all said and done, no real WB news? UA bought a few 77Ws. I think I read of a 77F order. Otherwise, crickets for MOM, 787-10, and 77X...


MOM/NSA was discussed extensively. Perhaps you missed that every aviation rag (and many mainstream outlets) reported Boeing's news on this subject. It would be premature to get any orders at this point, when definition is in progress.
“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.”
-Donny Miller
 
User avatar
Boeing778X
Topic Author
Posts: 3268
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 pm

na wrote:
Slash787 wrote:
Im still waiting for some 777X orders


Currently its not looking very well for that program. Sizable orders from a handful of big clients when launched years ago, nothing really worth mentioning since, and nothing at Paris this year, while hundreds of its heavily facelifted little sister are being bought. There will be some head scratching at Seattle.


A load of rubbish. The program is looking great!

The 777X will be more than fine after all is said and done.
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:00 pm

Boeing778X wrote:

A load of rubbish. The program is looking great!

The 777X will be more than fine after all is said and done.


Just in case you've missed the latest update:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/13/news/co ... index.html

First flight has already been pushed back to 2019.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2875
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:27 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

A load of rubbish. The program is looking great!

The 777X will be more than fine after all is said and done.


Just in case you've missed the latest update:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/13/news/co ... index.html

First flight has already been pushed back to 2019.


Because customers want it later, it was reported even it could even be pulled forward.
 
User avatar
rotating14
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:11 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:

A load of rubbish. The program is looking great!

The 777X will be more than fine after all is said and done.


Just in case you've missed the latest update:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/13/news/co ... index.html

First flight has already been pushed back to 2019.



From the CNN article
With airlines happy to wait for the 777X, Boeing is slowing things down, too.

Boeing still plans to make its first delivery in 2020, but it recently pushed back the jet's maiden flight to around February 2019, four months later than initially planned.


Mmmmm, sounds like the 777x will be ok. The 4 month pull back is due to customers not being able to receive the aircraft, not because the program is besieged with problems.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news ... 1001808268
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 9286
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:57 pm

First flight is delayed. That means the start of flight testing. Little to do with customers delaying their frames, all to do with progress with designing and producing the first frames. But I think first flight planning was pulled forward and now moved back to original plan.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 pm

Seems like a good excuse, I would guess they hid some bump and this is a saving face measure.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos