Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tom02
Topic Author

Rare Movement at CLT

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:40 pm

A UU 777 was in CLT. It was rumored to be a charter to ARN does anyone have anymore information on it??

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/REU ... /KCLT/KCLT

It seems that it never left last night.

lavalampluva

Re: Rare Movement at CLT

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Looks like it flew from BHM, at least that's what the tracking appears to be. I believe it was originally diverted to CLT, but then continued to final destination (ARN).

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/uu54
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.

tom02
Topic Author

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 pm

That's what I thought but I work at CLT and my manager said it was a scheduled charter from CLT he said they had known about it for a few days. Its also strange that it was parked on D11 when most charter planes at CLT use the cargo ramp.

ryan78

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:51 pm

tom02 wrote:
That's what I thought but I work at CLT and my manager said it was a scheduled charter from CLT he said they had known about it for a few days. Its also strange that it was parked on D11 when most charter planes at CLT use the cargo ramp.

There have been a number of charters to ARN over the last week or so from various destination in the US. I know Air Transat and Rouge have done a few flights from SAT, OKC, DEN, MSP, MSY, ATL and ORD. Also Virgin Atlantic has operated a few flights as well. I believe these charters are for State Farm Insurance employees destined for Celebrity Cruises that dock somewhere in Stockholm, there was a thread about it last week.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1365315

Polot

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:56 pm

tom02 wrote:
Its also strange that it was parked on D11 when most charter planes at CLT use the cargo ramp.

I imagine the logistics of dealing with the passengers on a 442 seat 77W international charter (whether it was a diversion or expected stop) is much easier directly through the terminal than remotely at a cargo ramp.

flyjoe

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:52 pm

It was a scheduled charter stop in CLT entire to ARN. The flight didn't depart until after midnight. The FB Plane Spotting CLT page has the visit well documented. It's a closed group so I'm not sure what's visible if you search for the page. The word on the site is a different airline makes up the return on the 22nd.

kcrwflyer

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:44 pm

CAE also had a titan 763 head over to ARN

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos