Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
KMCOFlyer
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:01 am

Does anyone know if converting some 767-300ERs into a domestic configuration is still on the table? I heard someone talking about it over on flyertalk but I have my doubts and this seems very unlikely in my opinion.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 3243
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 am

Narfish641 wrote:

Yep, there are currently 56 300ER in Delta's fleet. And unfortunately no, as DL_Mech posted these frames clocked 80k flight hours and 29k miles (Which I believe for the miles is average). It's game over for these two.


29k cycles, not miles
 
APRobert
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 6:14 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 am

FSDan wrote:
Narfish641 wrote:
Hello! I know this thread wasn't active in a few months, but I wanted to give an update as well as an analysis on the last 2 763s Delta has in their fleet. As others stated, it seems like the frames will most likely leave around Q3 of this year. Here are the stats and analysis:

N140LL is the oldest of the 2. Its MSN is 25988 and it's first flight completed on 6/2/1993. The frame is 24.9 years of age and is powered by 2 PW4056 engines. It's current flight atm is from SLC-ATL as we speak. Not sure how much miles nor flight hours this baby put in but I'm sure its a ton. If anyone has any info will be greatly appreciated.

N1402A is the youngest (Of course Dispite being old lol). It's MSN is 25989 with its first flight completed in 7/10/1993. The frame is 24.7 years old and is powered by 2 PW4056s. The current flight for this frame atm is SLC-HNL as we speak. Again, I have no info on the miles or flight hours this aircraft has, info for the two will greatly be appreciated.

It's gonna be sad when these last 2 non-ER variants leave the fleet. Of course they have the 300ERs as well as the 400ER variant as well, but next year is gonna be a hellfest since they will have a handful of 300ERs (16 or more I believe) being pulled from service and into the desert until they get torn apart and into cans and other accessories. I hope to get a chance to ride on those 300ERs very soon before they are gone.


Over the summer, the 767-300s are scheduled to operate 1x daily ATL-ANC and 2x daily ATL-LAX (as of now, at least).


I can report that as of May 2018 Delta 767-300's (non-ER) N140LL and N1402A are both still flying scheduled service. I flew on N140LL from Salt Lake City to Atlanta on 5-7-18 (Flight 1108). Only about a dozen seats were available for purchase a day before departure, and according to the screens in the boarding area, all 261 seats were sold at departure time. A note to those who proposed replacing the 767-300's with A321's or 757's earlier in this thread: Delta's seating capacities for A321's, 757-200's, 757-300's, and 767-300 in domestic configuration (no lie flat seats) are as follows. A321: 192 seats, 757-200: 199 seats, 757-300: 234 seats, 767-300 (non ER, only two left): 261 seats. On this morning, if an A321 were being used for this flight 69 fewer tickets would have been sold, and if a 757-200 were being used for this flight, 62 fewer tickets would have been sold. The rest of the day, after morning departure rush hour, SLC to ATL typically uses A321's, 737-900ER's and 757-200's.

According to FlightAware and the Delta 5-1-18 to 6-15-18 master schedule, both N140LL and N1402A have been flying ATL-SLC-HNL round trips since May 1 and will continue to do so until at least June 15. The typical schedule (times vary slightly during May 1 to June 15) has one of these aircraft leaving ATL at 8:42 AM EDT, arriving at SLC at 10:04 AM MDT, leaving SLC for HNL at 11:55 AM MDT, and then arriving at HNL at 2:05 PM HST. The red-eye return flight leaves HNL at 9:00 PM HST and arrives at SLC at 6:44 AM MST the next day, leaves SLC for ATL at 8:35 AM, and then completes the round trip by arriving back in Atlanta at 1:50 PM the day after it left ATL heading westbound for SLC and HNL. On most days the aircraft then remains at ATL overnight until it starts another round trip by departing westbound for SLC and HNL the next morning, but on some afternoons the aircraft is used for a roundtrip to Orlando or Ft. Meyers. Each morning one of the 767-300's is heading west from ATL to SLC while the other is heading east from SLC to ATL.
 
APRobert
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 6:14 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Sun May 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Regarding: "According to FlightAware and the Delta 5-1-18 to 6-15-18 master schedule, both N140LL and N1402A have been flying ATL-SLC-HNL round trips since May 1 and will continue to do so until at least June 15."

I just did some checking around in Delta's reservation website after noticing some 767-300 non ER seat maps shown for ATL-LAX and LAX-ATL flights after June 15, 2018. Flight 2768, a 8:45 PM departure from SLC to HNL shows a 261 seat 767-300 seat map on 6-15 but then switches to a 226 seat 767-300ER seat map on 6-16. Flight 1108 is an 8:21 AM departure from SLC to ATL on a 261 seat 767-300 on 6-15, but switches to an 8:25 AM departure on a 192 seat A321 on 6-16. Flight 1775, an 8:25 PM departure from ATL to LAX shows a 180 seat 737-900ER seat map on 6-14, but then switches to a 261 seat 767-300 seat map on 6-15. On 6-16 Flight 1614, a 9:50 PM departure from ATL to LAX, shows a 261 seat 767-300 seat map.
 
UA444
Posts: 2998
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:03 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon May 14, 2018 12:05 am

Where is N144DA? I flew that LAX-OGG back in 2007.
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon May 14, 2018 5:06 am

APRobert wrote:
FSDan wrote:
Narfish641 wrote:
Hello! I know this thread wasn't active in a few months, but I wanted to give an update as well as an analysis on the last 2 763s Delta has in their fleet. As others stated, it seems like the frames will most likely leave around Q3 of this year. Here are the stats and analysis:

N140LL is the oldest of the 2. Its MSN is 25988 and it's first flight completed on 6/2/1993. The frame is 24.9 years of age and is powered by 2 PW4056 engines. It's current flight atm is from SLC-ATL as we speak. Not sure how much miles nor flight hours this baby put in but I'm sure its a ton. If anyone has any info will be greatly appreciated.

N1402A is the youngest (Of course Dispite being old lol). It's MSN is 25989 with its first flight completed in 7/10/1993. The frame is 24.7 years old and is powered by 2 PW4056s. The current flight for this frame atm is SLC-HNL as we speak. Again, I have no info on the miles or flight hours this aircraft has, info for the two will greatly be appreciated.

It's gonna be sad when these last 2 non-ER variants leave the fleet. Of course they have the 300ERs as well as the 400ER variant as well, but next year is gonna be a hellfest since they will have a handful of 300ERs (16 or more I believe) being pulled from service and into the desert until they get torn apart and into cans and other accessories. I hope to get a chance to ride on those 300ERs very soon before they are gone.


Over the summer, the 767-300s are scheduled to operate 1x daily ATL-ANC and 2x daily ATL-LAX (as of now, at least).


I can report that as of May 2018 Delta 767-300's (non-ER) N140LL and N1402A are both still flying scheduled service. I flew on N140LL from Salt Lake City to Atlanta on 5-7-18 (Flight 1108). Only about a dozen seats were available for purchase a day before departure, and according to the screens in the boarding area, all 261 seats were sold at departure time. A note to those who proposed replacing the 767-300's with A321's or 757's earlier in this thread: Delta's seating capacities for A321's, 757-200's, 757-300's, and 767-300 in domestic configuration (no lie flat seats) are as follows. A321: 192 seats, 757-200: 199 seats, 757-300: 234 seats, 767-300 (non ER, only two left): 261 seats. On this morning, if an A321 were being used for this flight 69 fewer tickets would have been sold, and if a 757-200 were being used for this flight, 62 fewer tickets would have been sold. The rest of the day, after morning departure rush hour, SLC to ATL typically uses A321's, 737-900ER's and 757-200's.

According to FlightAware and the Delta 5-1-18 to 6-15-18 master schedule, both N140LL and N1402A have been flying ATL-SLC-HNL round trips since May 1 and will continue to do so until at least June 15. The typical schedule (times vary slightly during May 1 to June 15) has one of these aircraft leaving ATL at 8:42 AM EDT, arriving at SLC at 10:04 AM MDT, leaving SLC for HNL at 11:55 AM MDT, and then arriving at HNL at 2:05 PM HST. The red-eye return flight leaves HNL at 9:00 PM HST and arrives at SLC at 6:44 AM MST the next day, leaves SLC for ATL at 8:35 AM, and then completes the round trip by arriving back in Atlanta at 1:50 PM the day after it left ATL heading westbound for SLC and HNL. On most days the aircraft then remains at ATL overnight until it starts another round trip by departing westbound for SLC and HNL the next morning, but on some afternoons the aircraft is used for a roundtrip to Orlando or Ft. Meyers. Each morning one of the 767-300's is heading west from ATL to SLC while the other is heading east from SLC to ATL.


Thanks for the info, I am quite glad Delta actually kept the two 763s for a little bit just to rack up those hours. As stated in other post, the time to fly on a widebody domestically is getting more scarce, and we see more narrowbody jets on normal domestic routes., as well as the mass retirement of 763ERs starting next year (Unless there is a change of plans since Delta pushed back the delivery of the A339neos). It's best we enjoy them now as the future is gonna change sooner than you can think!
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon May 14, 2018 5:09 am

UA444 wrote:
Where is N144DA? I flew that LAX-OGG back in 2007.


N144DA was retired about 7 months ago.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
777Mech
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon May 14, 2018 4:52 pm

To answer OP's question, the last flight will be September 30th, when the schedule cuts over on October 1st.
 
FSDan
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon May 14, 2018 7:29 pm

As of July, the two remaining 767-300s will be flying a LAX-ATL-ANC-ATL-LAX-ATL-LAX routing.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 8279
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 pm

APRobert wrote:
A note to those who proposed replacing the 767-300's with A321's or 757's earlier in this thread: Delta's seating capacities for A321's, 757-200's, 757-300's, and 767-300 in domestic configuration (no lie flat seats) are as follows. A321: 192 seats, 757-200: 199 seats, 757-300: 234 seats, 767-300 (non ER, only two left): 261 seats. On this morning, if an A321 were being used for this flight 69 fewer tickets would have been sold, and if a 757-200 were being used for this flight, 62 fewer tickets would have been sold. The rest of the day, after morning departure rush hour, SLC to ATL typically uses A321's, 737-900ER's and 757-200's.


They can increase frequency with 739/321/757/753 or route people thru other hubs. The idea that airplane A with X seats needs to be replaced with airplane B with X seats just doesn't hold water in the multi-hub world of AA/UA/DL.
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 am

Good Evening everyone. Did a little bit of dummy booking on the website to check and see when the final 767-300 service will take place. Of course things are prone to change as time moves on. So far as it seems that all 763 runs will end around September. ATL-ANC ends September 9th and ATL-SLC-HNL ends September 30th.Of course there is the possibility of Delta ending passenger service and using the for charter. But this is what the Delta website is currently showing.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Narfish641 wrote:
Good Evening everyone. Did a little bit of dummy booking on the website to check and see when the final 767-300 service will take place. Of course things are prone to change as time moves on. So far as it seems that all 763 runs will end around September. ATL-ANC ends September 9th and ATL-SLC-HNL ends September 30th.Of course there is the possibility of Delta ending passenger service and using the for charter. But this is what the Delta website is currently showing.


Considering the amount of charter work DL does during the college football and NFL seasons, that's a possibility. That's basically what DL did with their remaining 744s last year.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:39 am

CaptainAce wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
Not sure about the retirement date for these birds but I do wonder what equipment DL will use for SLC-HNL once they go away. The 757 seems too small and just barely has the legs for SLC-Hawaii (DL used the 757 on SLC-OGG before it was dropped and the route sometimes took payload penalties), and the 767's with lie flat Delta One seats seem to "premium" for such a route.


I could totally see Delta using their Ex-TWA 757s (The ones with the upgraded cabins with lie-flat seats) on this route. It's only 6 hours and 45 minutes at its longest. When Delta used to do PSA-JFK on the Ex-TW Birds it could be up to 9 hours and 30 minutes, which I think is the longest Boeing 757-200 flight to ever exist correct me if I'm wrong. Currently with the longest scheduled 757 flight is on Delta from ARN-JFK using the Ex-TW Birds which clocks in at 8 hours and 40 minutes.

After doing some checking on Delta's website, effective November 5, 2017 this route will drop using the Boeing 767-300 and will be replaced with an Airbus A330-300.


I thought PSA was a 767
 
User avatar
TransWorldOne
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:05 am

DL757NYC wrote:
CaptainAce wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
Not sure about the retirement date for these birds but I do wonder what equipment DL will use for SLC-HNL once they go away. The 757 seems too small and just barely has the legs for SLC-Hawaii (DL used the 757 on SLC-OGG before it was dropped and the route sometimes took payload penalties), and the 767's with lie flat Delta One seats seem to "premium" for such a route.


I could totally see Delta using their Ex-TWA 757s (The ones with the upgraded cabins with lie-flat seats) on this route. It's only 6 hours and 45 minutes at its longest. When Delta used to do PSA-JFK on the Ex-TW Birds it could be up to 9 hours and 30 minutes, which I think is the longest Boeing 757-200 flight to ever exist correct me if I'm wrong. Currently with the longest scheduled 757 flight is on Delta from ARN-JFK using the Ex-TW Birds which clocks in at 8 hours and 40 minutes.

After doing some checking on Delta's website, effective November 5, 2017 this route will drop using the Boeing 767-300 and will be replaced with an Airbus A330-300.


I thought PSA was a 767


PSA was indeed a 757. ATL-BSB, however, was a bit longer and the longest regularly scheduled 757 flight if I’m not mistaken.
 
catiii
Posts: 3610
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:51 am

Narfish641 wrote:
I think the best thing about Delta using the A330-300 as the replacement is that you can finally have lie-flat seats on domestic routes,


There are plenty of lay flat seats on domestic routes. The UA EWR-SFO/LAX service is lay flat, so it JetBlue's Mint, Delta One on certain routes, AA's Flagship...
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 pm

catiii wrote:
Narfish641 wrote:
I think the best thing about Delta using the A330-300 as the replacement is that you can finally have lie-flat seats on domestic routes,


There are plenty of lay flat seats on domestic routes. The UA EWR-SFO/LAX service is lay flat, so it JetBlue's Mint, Delta One on certain routes, AA's Flagship...


Was mentioning within Delta's widebody fleet that normally don't do domestic runs as much like last year. You'd now have to be extremely lucky to catch these on a domestic route since all of them are doing international (Exl: Any route that uses a widebody to HNL).
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 8279
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Narfish641 wrote:
catiii wrote:
Narfish641 wrote:
I think the best thing about Delta using the A330-300 as the replacement is that you can finally have lie-flat seats on domestic routes,


There are plenty of lay flat seats on domestic routes. The UA EWR-SFO/LAX service is lay flat, so it JetBlue's Mint, Delta One on certain routes, AA's Flagship...


Was mentioning within Delta's widebody fleet that normally don't do domestic runs as much like last year. You'd now have to be extremely lucky to catch these on a domestic route since all of them are doing international (Exl: Any route that uses a widebody to HNL).


Of 10 DL JFK-LAX tomorrow there are 3x764, 3x767-300ER and a 332. There are 2 widebodies on JFK-SFO. No luck is required - buy a ticket.
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:11 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Narfish641 wrote:
catiii wrote:

There are plenty of lay flat seats on domestic routes. The UA EWR-SFO/LAX service is lay flat, so it JetBlue's Mint, Delta One on certain routes, AA's Flagship...


Was mentioning within Delta's widebody fleet that normally don't do domestic runs as much like last year. You'd now have to be extremely lucky to catch these on a domestic route since all of them are doing international (Exl: Any route that uses a widebody to HNL).


Of 10 DL JFK-LAX tomorrow there are 3x764, 3x767-300ER and a 332. There are 2 widebodies on JFK-SFO. No luck is required - buy a ticket.


Well I guess there are a handful out there still lol! Thanks for the info.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
User avatar
DLHAM
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:10 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi, one question about the non ER 767-300s: have they ever been to Europe? The ERs started arriving in 1990, have there ever been non ER flights to Europe in the early 90s or later, maybe unscheduled?
My Instagram Account: Instagram
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:29 am

DLHAM wrote:
Hi, one question about the non ER 767-300s: have they ever been to Europe? The ERs started arriving in 1990, have there ever been non ER flights to Europe in the early 90s or later, maybe unscheduled?


Sorry for the late response. As far as I know they have been to Zurich.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:37 am

Looks like Delta will be hanging on to the pair for a bit. The retirement date has changed to early 2019. Glad they will be getting every last bit of these frames!
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
codc10
Posts: 2897
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Back to topic, the two -323s soldier on... the Abe Vigoda of the DAL fleet!
 
micstatic
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 10:07 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:07 pm

I used to love flying on their domestic 767s. Wide. 2 side great for solo or couple travel. Felt spacious. Tvs. Now it’s a different story. Small crappy TVs that don’t respond properly to touchscreen inputs anymore. Limited seat charging. Seats that feel thin and recline at an akward angle that leave me sore. Undersized bins. The rest of the fleet however has past it by. I will now book away from it. Ironically my flight this morning was swapped to a 767.
S340,DH8,AT7,CR2/7,E135/45/170/190,319,320,717,732,733,734,735,737,738,744,752,762,763,764,772,M80,M90
 
APRobert
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 6:14 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:03 am

Regarding:
777Mech wrote:
To answer OP's question, the last flight will be September 30th, when the schedule cuts over on October 1st.


If the last flights of Delta's non- ER 767-300's were at one time to be on 9-30-18, then their retirement date has been extended yet another time. As I write this on the evening of 10-7-18, Delta 767-300's N140LL and N1402A are scheduled for the following flights tomorrow on 10-8-18, and were flying similar schedules last week.

N140LL
Atlanta to Las Vegas: 8:24 AM EDT to 9:29 AM PDT
Las Vegas to Atlanta: 10:51 AM PDT to 5:24 PM EDT
Atlanta to Salt Lake City: 6:36 PM EDT to 7:50 PM EDT

N1402A
Salt Lake City to Atlanta: 12:10 AM MDT to 5:30 AM EDT
Atlanta to Portland: 9:50 AM EDT to 11:47 AM PDT
Portland to Atlanta: 1:09 PM PDT to 8:37 PM EDT
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:13 am

micstatic wrote:
I used to love flying on their domestic 767s. Wide. 2 side great for solo or couple travel. Felt spacious. Tvs. Now it’s a different story. Small crappy TVs that don’t respond properly to touchscreen inputs anymore. Limited seat charging. Seats that feel thin and recline at an akward angle that leave me sore. Undersized bins. The rest of the fleet however has past it by. I will now book away from it. Ironically my flight this morning was swapped to a 767.


Those “small crappy TVs” appear on a number of 73G, 738 and 757; when DL retired the ex-Song 757 as well as the 763, they recycled the PTV system into aircraft undergoing cabin refurbishment.
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:26 am

CaptainAce wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
Not sure about the retirement date for these birds but I do wonder what equipment DL will use for SLC-HNL once they go away. The 757 seems too small and just barely has the legs for SLC-Hawaii (DL used the 757 on SLC-OGG before it was dropped and the route sometimes took payload penalties), and the 767's with lie flat Delta One seats seem to "premium" for such a route.


I could totally see Delta using their Ex-TWA 757s (The ones with the upgraded cabins with lie-flat seats) on this route. It's only 6 hours and 45 minutes at its longest. When Delta used to do PSA-JFK on the Ex-TW Birds it could be up to 9 hours and 30 minutes, which I think is the longest Boeing 757-200 flight to ever exist correct me if I'm wrong. Currently with the longest scheduled 757 flight is on Delta from ARN-JFK using the Ex-TW Birds which clocks in at 8 hours and 40 minutes.

After doing some checking on Delta's website, effective November 5, 2017 this route will drop using the Boeing 767-300 and will be replaced with an Airbus A330-300.


No way. That’s a little bit too long and not enough premium seats. They will swap a 330 with A Route that has a 763ER. If need be they can pick up a few 777 on the cheap and place them where they need to reposition the 767. Delta does not have too much slack in their WB Fleet.
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:40 am

jetwet1 wrote:
Narfish641 wrote:

Yep, there are currently 56 300ER in Delta's fleet. And unfortunately no, as DL_Mech posted these frames clocked 80k flight hours and 29k miles (Which I believe for the miles is average). It's game over for these two.


29k cycles, not miles



80k hours 29k cycles is not that bad. Amazon has purchased 76’s with over 100k on the clock. Those two left are not hangar queens. They can keep going for a few years.
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am

Couldn’t they return to service the few they had retired N143DL N144DL for a 767 20k cycles 60k hours is not that old. They were 1998 builds. Makes me scratch my head just like when they scrapped N677DL the 757 was a low time AC
 
APRobert
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 6:14 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:52 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
Not sure about the retirement date for these birds but I do wonder what equipment DL will use for SLC-HNL once they go away. The 757 seems too small and just barely has the legs for SLC-Hawaii (DL used the 757 on SLC-OGG before it was dropped and the route sometimes took payload penalties), and the 767's with lie flat Delta One seats seem to "premium" for such a route.


As of the week of 10-8-18, the SLC to HNL route that frequently saw 767-300's this spring and fall is being served, at least mostly, by 767-300ER's.

The 767-300ER's being used are, at least mostly, Delta's 76Z configurations. Today's (10-8-18) departure to from SLC to HNL will be a 76Z v1 configuration. See below for seating configurations.

76P (767-300): 30 FC, 35 DC, 196 MC, Total: 261
76Z v1: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 35 DC, 165 MC, Total:226
76Z v2: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 29 DC, 171 MC, Total:226

The Delta One lie flat seats in the 767-300ER's being used on this route are being sold and priced as First Class seats. Seems to me that maintenance costs aside, Delta will be making less money on this route using 226 seat 767-300ER's than it would using 261 seat 767-300's, if it is not able to sell the lie flat seats at a $$$$ markup.
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 am

DL757NYC wrote:
Couldn’t they return to service the few they had retired N143DL N144DL for a 767 20k cycles 60k hours is not that old. They were 1998 builds. Makes me scratch my head just like when they scrapped N677DL the 757 was a low time AC


Majority of them have been torn apart already, I looked on Google Earth to see if any were still stored but it seems like they got to them all.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:21 am

Edit: Majority of those frames seemed to be scrapped already. I recently went on Google Earth to look over SBD since that's were they sent their 767s and I do not know if it's been updated or not but the only frames I saw were a few widebody freighters and a few props. If any mods past this, can you please delete my post above since this is an edit version? Thanks.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
APRobert
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 6:14 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:40 am

APRobert wrote:
Regarding:
777Mech wrote:
To answer OP's question, the last flight will be September 30th, when the schedule cuts over on October 1st.


If the last flights of Delta's non- ER 767-300's were at one time to be on 9-30-18, then their retirement date has been extended yet another time. As I write this on the evening of 10-7-18, Delta 767-300's N140LL and N1402A are scheduled for the following flights tomorrow on 10-8-18, and were flying similar schedules last week.

N140LL
Atlanta to Las Vegas: 8:24 AM EDT to 9:29 AM PDT
Las Vegas to Atlanta: 10:51 AM PDT to 5:24 PM EDT
Atlanta to Salt Lake City: 6:36 PM EDT to 7:50 PM EDT

N1402A
Salt Lake City to Atlanta: 12:10 AM MDT to 5:30 AM EDT
Atlanta to Portland: 9:50 AM EDT to 11:47 AM PDT
Portland to Atlanta: 1:09 PM PDT to 8:37 PM EDT


The non-ER 767-300's are apparently still flying on, at least through the end of November 2018. While shopping for flights from Salt Lake City to Atlanta on the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2018 (November 24), I found the following non-stops offered by Delta.. The three 767-300 flights all show a domestic 2-2-2 First Class seat map, which I'm pretty sure is not used by Delta on their ER 767-300s. For those who think wide bodies are no longer used on domestic flights, note that 4 of the 8 flights on this busy post holiday day are wide bodies, of which three are 767-300 flights, and one is an A330-300 flight.

DAL 854 / 12:40AM to 6:12 AM / A321-200 (192 seats)
DAL 2388 / 7:00AM to 12:43PM / 767-300 Domestic Seat Map (261 passengers)
DAL 1108 / 8:25AM to 2:12 PM / 757-200 Domestic Seat Map (199 passengers)
DAL 473 / 9:35AM to 3:15PM / A330-300 (293 seats)
DAL 2203 / 11:10AM to 4:49PM / 737-900ER (180 seats)
DAL 1929 / 2:18PM to 8:03PM / 767-300 Domestic Seat Map (261 passengers)
DAL 2378 / 3:59 PM to 9:33 PM / A321-200 (192 seats)
DAL 2620 / 5:13PM to 10:51PM) / 767-300 Domestic Seat Map (261 passengers)
 
KICT
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:24 am

Narfish641 wrote:
As far as I know they have been to Zurich.

Highly unlikely, unless they were stopping for fuel on a military charter or similar.
Delta's non-ER 767-200s did fly intra-Europe, however - perhaps that is what you are referring to.
On a related note, Northwest did from time to time sub the 757-300 on BOS-AMS.
People are saying. Believe me.
 
Oilman
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:25 am

A 767-300ER headed to CDG from SLC on 11/17/18 had a birdstrike and returned. Are you thinking of that one or was there a separate incident on 11/18/18 with a non-ER 763?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KSLC/LFPG
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Oilman wrote:
A 767-300ER headed to CDG from SLC on 11/17/18 had a birdstrike and returned. Are you thinking of that one or was there a separate incident on 11/18/18 with a non-ER 763?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KSLC/LFPG


I think it might of been that one and misread something. Gonna delete my previous comment now.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
FSDan
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:37 pm

APRobert wrote:
76Z v1: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 35 DC, 165 MC, Total:226
76Z v2: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 29 DC, 171 MC, Total:226


I wasn't aware there are two 76Z configurations? Why the difference?
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
User avatar
deltacto
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:06 pm

FSDan wrote:
APRobert wrote:
76Z v1: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 35 DC, 165 MC, Total:226
76Z v2: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 29 DC, 171 MC, Total:226


I wasn't aware there are two 76Z configurations? Why the difference?


V1 ... 767-332ER's ... all delivered new to Delta ... 4 exit doors and 4 overwing exits
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... -76z1.html

V2 ... 767-3P6ER's (ex Gulf Air) ... and the 767-324ER (originally ordered by CO) ... 6 exit doors no overwing exits
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... -76z2.html
 
airlinereporter
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:34 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Not to burst anyones bubbles, but I see the 767-300 (non ER) in the Delta schedule through to April 21, 2019. SLC ATL.
 
FSDan
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:13 pm

deltacto wrote:
FSDan wrote:
APRobert wrote:
76Z v1: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 35 DC, 165 MC, Total:226
76Z v2: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 29 DC, 171 MC, Total:226


I wasn't aware there are two 76Z configurations? Why the difference?


V1 ... 767-332ER's ... all delivered new to Delta ... 4 exit doors and 4 overwing exits
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... -76z1.html

V2 ... 767-3P6ER's (ex Gulf Air) ... and the 767-324ER (originally ordered by CO) ... 6 exit doors no overwing exits
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... -76z2.html


Interesting! I hadn't realized there are two versions. How many of each are there?
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
N126DL
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:08 am

Many of the first retired non-ER went to MZJ, including my namesake airplane which has been parted out already. The 75s that were parted out are also there en masse and the 5500 series PMNW birds.
DH84 E135/145/175/190 CR2/7/9 A319/20/21 A332/3 D95 M80/83/88/90/95 73W/8/9 752/3 763/4 772/L
 
User avatar
deltacto
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:43 am

FSDan wrote:
APRobert wrote:
76Z v1: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 35 DC, 165 MC, Total:226
76Z v2: (767-300ER): 26 D1, 29 DC, 171 MC, Total:226


I wasn't aware there are two 76Z configurations? Why the difference?


deltacto wrote:
V1 ... 767-332ER's ... all delivered new to Delta ... 4 exit doors and 4 overwing exits
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... -76z1.html

V2 ... 767-3P6ER's (ex Gulf Air) ... and the 767-324ER (originally ordered by CO) ... 6 exit doors no overwing exits
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... -76z2.html


FSDan wrote:
Interesting! I hadn't realized there are two versions. How many of each are there?


Only 5 76Z v2: N152DL, N154DL, N155DL, N156DL and N394DL (ships 1502,1504,1505,1506, and 1521
also N1501P and N153DL (ships 1501 and 1503) had the 6 door configuration ... both retired
 
KICT
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am

What is the plan for the 76Z v2 fleet? With 1501 & 1503 already retired...
They are still flying with non-FADEC motors I'm guessing?
People are saying. Believe me.
 
User avatar
DL_Mech
Posts: 2517
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 7:48 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:52 pm

KICT wrote:
What is the plan for the 76Z v2 fleet? With 1501 & 1503 already retired...
They are still flying with non-FADEC motors I'm guessing?


Yes, the 767-3P6s have the non-FADEC CF6-80C2B6 since they were very early production 767-300ERs. However, 1521 was a later build 767-324ER built for Continental that has the FADEC CF6-80C2B6F engines (same as Delta 1600s/1700s 767-ERs).
This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Greetings everyone! So far tail numbers N140LL and N1402A are still in the air as we speak between Atlanta and Salt Lake City. In recent news the 767-300s are supposed to be phased out in early 2019. While dummy booking, I can confirm so far that the retirement seems to be around April 24th. I wouldn't be surprised if they extended the retirement date but the cabin and those birds are looking really tired. But that's Delta for ya, they fly their birds until the wings fall off of em.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
burnsie28
Posts: 5291
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 am

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Narfish641 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
No rush. You probably have 8-10 years before the last 300ER is gone.


It is good news since Delta pushed back their A339neo aircraft to 2020 (I think). But glad we have quite a few frames sticking around!


Service starts this year on the 339. SEA-PVG July 1st, SEA-ICN August 1, SEA-NRT August 31.
 
User avatar
bluefltspecial
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: Delta 767-300 Last Flight Date?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Along the lines of the OP, I'm curious if it will make sense for Delta to take the 767 ER ./ International config aircraft and reconfigure them in a dense layout for domestic ops. The aircraft are likely all paid for, and the last few years we've seen a continuous increase in pax numbers, it would make sense for airports where increasing a frequency isn't always an option to increase market share as well as offer cargo lift.
Save a horse, ride a Fly-boy....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos