Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 4903
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:48 am

rbavfan wrote:
United_fan wrote:
737-400's make better freighters due to their length. I read that there is a greater chance of a loader hitting the engine on a -300.


The 400 freighters have weight & balance issues the 300's do not have.

Yet all recent conversions have been -400s, actually that way for quite a while. This'll be the case till the -800 conversion line ramps up.
The last of the famous international playboys
 
n7371f
Posts: 1861
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:56 am

Anybody know where all these WN aircraft are going? Most went to TUS but that was when 1-2 a month were leaving the fleet.

I'd assume VCV, MHV, MZJ would see quite a bit since they have the most space.
 
HeeseokKoo
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:54 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:19 am

n7371f wrote:
Anybody know where all these WN aircraft are going? Most went to TUS but that was when 1-2 a month were leaving the fleet.

I'd assume VCV, MHV, MZJ would see quite a bit since they have the most space.


It appears there are two special flights to TUS and twelve flights into VCV tonight.
 
SWApilotfarmer
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:48 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:33 pm

At least 17 300's were removed from the fleet last night and this morning. Almost all are going to VCV. Two aircraft went to TUS as previously stated.
TUS
379SW 376SW

VCV
382SW 387SW 391SW 394SW 395SW 600WN 606SW 607SW
624SW 629SW 630WN 631SW 642WN

622SW and 647SW are also currently enroute to VCV.
 
SWApilotfarmer
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:48 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:37 pm

N653SW just left MCI headed to VCV. That accounts for all 18.

16 to VCV
2 to TUS
 
WN732
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:20 pm

MO11 wrote:
N383SW wrote:
barney captain wrote:
Some of the latest -300 retirement numbers;

18 leave Aug 14th (today)
10 leave Sept 10th
30 leave Sept 29th


Do you have the tail numbers for the 18 leaving today?


359 380 386 387 390 620 622 which are leased
376 379 394 395 607 624 629 630 631 642 647 which are not.



Farewell Silver One
 
User avatar
Bruce
Posts: 4947
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 2:46 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Some of the planes retired last night will become fire tankers - 5 probably, as they already did one and I think Coulson bought 6 of them. Anyone know which they are?
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 4903
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Bruce wrote:
Some of the planes retired last night will become fire tankers - 5 probably, as they already did one and I think Coulson bought 6 of them. Anyone know which they are?


We don't know that for sure. All 6 of Coulson's might have been accounted for before the mass exodus to VCV already, or they may also be in a later batch.
The last of the famous international playboys
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 pm

It appears that the a/c to be scrapped are going to TUS with these newest of the 300's going to VCV to possibly find new homes
 
reltney
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:34 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:41 am

jbmitt wrote:
Didn't the majors park 727s quickly after 9/11? I recall DL phasing out 727, L1011, 733 (glass and non-glass) 732 all in short order.




It took a few years to retire the 1011- about 10 a year. All the 727s were sold before they were retired so the new buyer parked them. Never a major dump like United 737 or the SW. I saw 8 SW 737-700 in the boneyard in the 2000s when I did a military charter to Victorville . They also were in a magazine ..airliners Or airways. All,airlines use the "boneyard" to termp store for a bit and to retire...
Knives don't kill people. People with knives kill people.
OUTLAW KNIVES.

I am a pilot, therefore I envy no one...
 
bigbird
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:38 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:53 am

I know that the MAX starts service on Oct. 1 so when are they actually going to start deliveries so that pilot training can begin. How many do they expect to have when service does start?
bigbird from georgia
 
User avatar
barney captain
Posts: 2372
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:50 am

bigbird wrote:
I know that the MAX starts service on Oct. 1 so when are they actually going to start deliveries so that pilot training can begin. How many do they expect to have when service does start?


13 on day one. Training has already started - via computer and unless things have changed, there will be no training using the actual airplane. Likely the first time each of us turns the wheel, it will be for revenue service.
Southeast Of Disorder
 
737max8
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:08 am

barney captain wrote:
bigbird wrote:
I know that the MAX starts service on Oct. 1 so when are they actually going to start deliveries so that pilot training can begin. How many do they expect to have when service does start?


13 on day one. Training has already started - via computer and unless things have changed, there will be no training using the actual airplane. Likely the first time each of us turns the wheel, it will be for revenue service.


It actually will be 9 MAX entering service on October 1st.

10th plane will enter service on October 8th or 9th, can't remember.

11-14 will be later in the fall/winter 2017.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A220 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A339 A343 A346 A359 A388
 
User avatar
barney captain
Posts: 2372
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:24 am

737max8 wrote:
barney captain wrote:
bigbird wrote:
I know that the MAX starts service on Oct. 1 so when are they actually going to start deliveries so that pilot training can begin. How many do they expect to have when service does start?


13 on day one. Training has already started - via computer and unless things have changed, there will be no training using the actual airplane. Likely the first time each of us turns the wheel, it will be for revenue service.


It actually will be 9 MAX entering service on October 1st.

10th plane will enter service on October 8th or 9th, can't remember.

11-14 will be later in the fall/winter 2017.


Of course - I'm not sure where I came up with that 13 number. Thanks for the correction. :)
Southeast Of Disorder
 
bennett123
Posts: 10372
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:42 am

There has been mention of the Nitrogen inerting issue on this thread, (and concerning the retirement of B747-400).

Which types did not have this as new, and does it affect just the US.
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:28 pm

WN732 wrote:
MO11 wrote:
N383SW wrote:

Do you have the tail numbers for the 18 leaving today?


359 380 386 387 390 620 622 which are leased
376 379 394 395 607 624 629 630 631 642 647 which are not.



Farewell Silver One


N359SW is still flying
 
WN732
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:34 pm

n471wn wrote:
WN732 wrote:
MO11 wrote:

359 380 386 387 390 620 622 which are leased
376 379 394 395 607 624 629 630 631 642 647 which are not.



Farewell Silver One


N359SW is still flying


Silver One is N629SW
https://www.google.com/search?q=N629SW& ... DJ_9NxyWfw

Considering that the company did not feel that Silver One fit with the company image of a bright and bubbly airline, I doubt there will be any kind of replacement. But I am sure there will be something in 4 years when they reach the 50th anniversary.
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 pm

I was not referring to Silver One but the list included 359 which is still flying
 
qfatwa
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:16 pm

SWApilotfarmer wrote:
At least 17 300's were removed from the fleet last night and this morning. Almost all are going to VCV. Two aircraft went to TUS as previously stated.
TUS
379SW 376SW

VCV
382SW 387SW 391SW 394SW 395SW 600WN 606SW 607SW
624SW 629SW 630WN 631SW 642WN

622SW and 647SW are also currently enroute to VCV.


.....and N653SW from the following post.

This post corrected 5 of the original 18 registration numbers listed [and I verified them on Flight Aware]
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 pm

The two types issue is also very important for engine types. The CFM56-7BE and LEAP will be their engines going forward, with the CFM56-3 put to rest. It's a different engine in many ways and WN engineers can then concentrate on the two newer motors without the additional paperwork and costs the older ones carry with them.
 
na
Posts: 9795
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:45 pm

16 (!) 737-300 were retired/stored this week:

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.m ... av4&page=3
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 pm

na wrote:
16 (!) 737-300 were retired/stored this week:

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.m ... av4&page=3


Actually 18 left as in addition to this list 2 went to TUS n376 and n379
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 pm

na wrote:
16 (!) 737-300 were retired/stored this week:

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.m ... av4&page=3


Actually 18 left as in addition to this list 2 went to TUS n376 and n379
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:42 pm

na wrote:
16 (!) 737-300 were retired/stored this week:

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.m ... av4&page=3


Actually 18 left as in addition to this list 2 went to TUS n376 and n379
 
gr8slvrflt
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:53 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:57 am

I would think another dozen or so left this weekend.
I work for Southwest, but the views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Southwest.
 
gr8slvrflt
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:53 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:58 am

I would think another dozen or so left this weekend.
I work for Southwest, but the views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Southwest.
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:55 pm

I think the 30 remaining stay until the end of the month
 
User avatar
RayChuang
Posts: 8139
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2000 7:43 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Given how hard-worked the WN 733 fleet is, the vast majority of the remaining planes will end up being dismantled for scrap. They will be replaced by a combination of 738's and the new 737 MAX 8 planes.
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:56 pm

RayChuang wrote:
Given how hard-worked the WN 733 fleet is, the vast majority of the remaining planes will end up being dismantled for scrap. They will be replaced by a combination of 738's and the new 737 MAX 8 planes.


The ones that are hopeless for a RTS are being flown directly to Tucson. However, the majority are being flown to VCV for storage as these birds have many hours left on their frames. However, given the sheer numbers it is likely that many of these will be scraped.
 
N626AA
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:02 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm

N396SW went to VCV on 9/4. Was the only WN -300 I managed to get on. Sad to see the reign of the 733 coming to an end.
A306 319 320 321 332 333 343 B722 733 734 735 737 738 744 752 762 763 772 773 DC93 DC1040 MD82/83/88 MD90 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9 E140 E145/45X DHQ3 ATR7
 
tomaheath
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:48 pm

If they didn't have to retire the 733's how long would of they kept them?
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:14 pm



Still going, AFAIK
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
aaflyer222
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:18 pm

how many 733 currently remain in service?
74m, 772, 763, 764, 752, 733, 734, 738, 739, a319, a320, a321, s80, m88, m90, e190, e170, e175, e140, e145, cr2, cr7, cr9, dh1, dh3, dh4, at72, s340
 
n471wn
Topic Author
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: SWA will park 66 a/c in next 3 months--another record

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:27 pm

aaflyer222 wrote:
how many 733 currently remain in service?



30

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos