77H

Re: United and jetblue merger

Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:44 pm

airbazar wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
B6 on time rate for June 48%. And that is rounding up. Several flights cancelled each day for maintenance and/or staffing.
Going to be a long hot summer at T5.

I'm no B6 fan. Even though I live outside of Boston I have only flown them twice. However I think that their recent operational problems have little to do with the airline and more to do with where their 2 largest operating hubs are located: BOS and JFK. Bad Summer weather affects both of these airports at nearly the same time. The other problem is that both JFK and BOS have had ongoing runway construction projects and that too is affecting operations at those airports. One of these is bad enough but two is really bad. When both BOS and JFK are impacted, that has the potential to impact 2/3's of their entire operation. Other airlines have their operations far more spread out and diversified. But that is the identity of B6: They are an East Coast airline and I don't think that will ever change. In a way I admire their ability to just roll with it. They sure have their work cut out this Summer.

Every airline in the US has hubs impacted by weather, construction delays, inefficient airport and airspace layouts etc. Since we're also talking UA here, it is not impossible or overly improbable for multiple UA's hubs to experience weather related issues at the same time. You have near daily fog at SFO, high probability for thunderstorms at DEN,IAH,ORD,IAD and EWR in the summer months and any combination therein can be simultaneously impacted. LAX is the notable exception as far as weather is concerned but has a terribly inefficient design and is highly gate constrained. All this and UA has the best ontime rating amongst the US3+WN as posted above. This leads me to logically conclude that if B6 has a roughly 15-20% lower ontime rating than the US3 there is more to than the story than WX and construction.

77H

VC10er

Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:55 pm

If this was to happen, I for one would be at first SHOCKED. Then, I would go into deep worry that there would be another merger meltdown like UA & CO that has tarnished the brand I used to LOVE for a whole generation. United is only now starting to function and deliver a consistent good experience with some great new aircraft and Polaris and better, friendlier service (a long way to go still, but it surely is has been getting incrementally better the past 2 years) and I wouldn't want that momentum to stop. My friends at UA are finally enjoying their jobs.

Then I would dread all the treads about losing the JetBlue tail designs to the UA 1991 globe and "bringing the tulip back would be the only suitable solution" (something I would love but carry no illusions!) :-)

I could see UA wanting all of JetBlue's aircraft however, 173 A320 series. Could a merger cancel the A321's on order? Also, I would love to see the E190 in UA's fleet, but clearly something isn't right with these aircraft (as I read here on a.net) and I don't really understand why, I just love flying on them.

In the end, (and let me state for the record, I know nothing about mergers and airlines at all) but I do know this: if many powerful people stand to make a lot of f?<k!ng of money from this, that will supersede all things and all the barriers will just be kicked aside one at a time. Slightly Jaded, VC10er
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

intotheair

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:18 pm

ASQ400 wrote:
catiii wrote:
Blueballs wrote:
Yes they are trying to get earnings up to drive the price up. When I say running on fumes I simply mean there is not a spare aircraft or pilot around. They are running so tight and burning guys out so much the operation falls apart weekly. On time performance is a running joke. They are running this place simply to drive the numbers up for the inevitable sale

DM me and let me know what department you're a CM in. Because it's clear it don't know what you're talking about, and you need to be set straight.

He's probably just a low-paid maintenance guy who likes to whine.

I noticed there's another user on a certain airline pilot forum named "Blueballs" who also recently posted "rumors" about UA buying JetBlue... Guess he figured most of us would get more of a rile out of this than most of the professionals over there.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

Indy

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Serious question... why is the industry so obsessed with mergers? To me it seems it gives bad management/leadership a place to hide. It is time to start letting the fate of airlines run its course. If an airline is doing poorly for one reason or another, let it fail. Let the bad leadership be exposed for what they are instead of letting them hide and get passed around from one airline to the next. Let the strong survive and the weak fail. Not saying that B6 is weak and that it will fail. If it is truly a good airline and they are serving routes that truly need the service, then the airline will make it.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

TheGeordielad

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:51 pm

VC10er wrote:
If this was to happen, I for one would be at first SHOCKED. Then, I would go into deep worry that there would be another merger meltdown like UA & CO that has tarnished the brand I used to LOVE for a whole generation. United is only now starting to function and deliver a consistent good experience with some great new aircraft and Polaris and better, friendlier service (a long way to go still, but it surely is has been getting incrementally better the past 2 years) and I wouldn't want that momentum to stop. My friends at UA are finally enjoying their jobs.

Then I would dread all the treads about losing the JetBlue tail designs to the UA 1991 globe and "bringing the tulip back would be the only suitable solution" (something I would love but carry no illusions!) :-)

I could see UA wanting all of JetBlue's aircraft however, 173 A320 series. Could a merger cancel the A321's on order? Also, I would love to see the E190 in UA's fleet, but clearly something isn't right with these aircraft (as I read here on a.net) and I don't really understand why, I just love flying on them.

In the end, (and let me state for the record, I know nothing about mergers and airlines at all) but I do know this: if many powerful people stand to make a lot of f?<k!ng of money from this, that will supersede all things and all the barriers will just be kicked aside one at a time. Slightly Jaded, VC10er

I would be shocked too.

Rdh3e

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:05 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
This rumor has been running rampant inside UA for a better part of a year.

What part of the company? Its not rampant in any area I work with.

VS4ever

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Last thread on this was 9 months ago due to rumors and have we seen any action.... crickets.. thought so..
This is being parked in the "I will believe it and hate it when I see it"
No more mergers for goodness sake we are just about keeping the US4 honest while allowing them to make profits.
Let sleeping dogs lie and move on until something actually happens.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

twinotter

Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Blueballs wrote:
The rumors and chatter are getting pretty loud! Reduced hiring at both companies. Jetblue is running on fumes. Delays and cancellations due to lack of crews and aircraft. Reduction in maintainance budget.
Is something happening or has jetblue simply decided to give up on being a great airline?

Of course some of the performance issues are the result of operating hubs at JFK and BOS, but there is another issue also. The pilots' labor union addressed it in a public document dated June 17, 2017:

https://www3.alpa.org/portals/alpa/jetb ... 8.2017.pdf

The relevant portion is on page 7:

"You received a communication this week regarding the potential consequences of supporting an illegal work action . . . . . If you are found in violation of the Railway Labor Act by supporting, inciting, or participating in a concerted effort to disrupt JetBlue Airways, you could be held personally and professionally liable for your actions, and you could be subject to civil penalties if found guilty of this type of activity."

The labor union didn't issue that warning for no reason. This is what is frustrating the original poster and the other pilot in the thread.

ual763

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:09 pm

As much as I love United and would love to see them absolutely dominate the market, I don't think this would be a great way to do it. Sure, they would get a bunch of Airbii, but they seem to be headed, eventually towards an all Boeing fleet(with the exception of the A350 of course). Also, if they are looking at expanding in the SE and Caribbean market, it would almost make more sense to me to just buy a lot more 737 Max's and move into the new terminal being built at MCO, which is supposed to have up to 100 new gates when all is said and done.
From flying to the NOTAM office

Varsity1

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:33 pm

I think B6-NK and F9-G4 mergers are more likely.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

ASQ400

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Varsity1 wrote:

Not with B6's brand. JetBlue has business contracts and whatnot, setting them apart from ULCCs like NK
TLV, BRU, ZRH, CDG, FRA, EWR, JFK, DEN, SFO, AUS, RNO, SEA, YYC, YYZ, IAH, ATL, IAD, DCA, ORD, SJC, SNA

ldvaviation

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 pm

twinotter wrote:

Of course some of the performance issues are the result of operating hubs at JFK and BOS, but there is another issue also. The pilots' labor union addressed it in a public document dated June 17, 2017:

"You received a communication this week regarding the potential consequences of supporting an illegal work action . . . . . If you are found in violation of the Railway Labor Act by supporting, inciting, or participating in a concerted effort to disrupt JetBlue Airways, you could be held personally and professionally liable for your actions, and you could be subject to civil penalties if found guilty of this type of activity."

The labor union didn't issue that warning for no reason. This is what is frustrating the original poster and the other pilot in the thread.

Interesting. So the pilot's frustration over labor negotiations have led to rumors about a JetBlue takeover that presumably would solve their labor disagreements with the company.

What a mess!

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:24 pm

UA is hurting for bookings based on recent events, and B6's operations are less than optimal. Any combination would be a complete disaster. Plus, the DOJ would never approve it.

Rdh3e

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 pm

11725Flyer wrote:
UA is hurting for bookings based on recent events

Says who?

NYPECO

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Which hub would UA keep? EWR or JFK? I'm assuming they wouldn't be allowed both.

twinotter

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:52 pm

ldvaviation wrote:

Interesting. So the pilot's frustration over labor negotiations have led to rumors about a JetBlue takeover that presumably would solve their labor disagreements with the company.

What a mess!

Nah. Read the original poster's message again. The only idea he wants to convey is "JetBlue sucks", but he knows he can't just post that, so he has wrapped the statement in a cockamamie fantasy about United buying JetBlue in order to make it an acceptable topic here.

ASQ400

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:09 pm

NYPECO wrote:
Which hub would UA keep? EWR or JFK? I'm assuming they wouldn't be allowed both.

EWR, with a small operation at JFK, because JFK is more of an operational nightmare than EWR.
Not that it matters, since UA-B6 won't be merging anytime soon.
TLV, BRU, ZRH, CDG, FRA, EWR, JFK, DEN, SFO, AUS, RNO, SEA, YYC, YYZ, IAH, ATL, IAD, DCA, ORD, SJC, SNA

Varsity1

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:11 pm

ASQ400 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

Not with B6's brand. JetBlue has business contracts and whatnot, setting them apart from ULCCs like NK

Branding is a sales gimmick.

Mergers and Acquisitions couldn't care less. Purely a pursuit of synergies.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

ASQ400

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
ASQ400 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

Branding is a sales gimmick.

Mergers and Acquisitions couldn't care less. Purely a pursuit of synergies.

In the airline industry, it can have more of an effect than that. ULCCs turn off premium pax; the latter are drawn to B6's brand.

OzarkD9S

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Well, just for fun and playing Devil's Advocate though I take this rumor with a grain of salt:

UA/B6. BOS, FLL, MCO, SJU.

JFK divested to WN and a few others with WN taking over JFK T-5. Maybe a few gates left for UA/B6 to run JFK-SFO/LAX.

LGB divested to WN with a few slots left for UA/B6 LGB-SFO/DEN. LGB would work better for WN anyway IMHO.

LGA slots except FLL thrown into a pool to be bid on.

DCA left as is though DCA-SJU carved out to....of course WN.

EWR. Though not slot controlled at the moment I could see DOJ carving out some "slots" to other entities, again excluding FLL.

Okay, back to reality.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

fastmover

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:50 pm

twinotter wrote:
Blueballs wrote:
The rumors and chatter are getting pretty loud! Reduced hiring at both companies. Jetblue is running on fumes. Delays and cancellations due to lack of crews and aircraft. Reduction in maintainance budget.
Is something happening or has jetblue simply decided to give up on being a great airline?

So you don't work at JetBlue right?
I can tell you as a pilot, this was just a warning.
This warning came from the issues Spirit had. We are in the end part of our contract with the big issues pay, insurance, work rules and others on the table. Guys are getting a little impatient and the last pay proposal from the company was low. The union needs to cover themselves as they can be held responsible if a job action ever did happen. We are not there but there are far less guys willing to help out as they have in the past.

The other problem is our operation is really having a hard time. On one hand they tell us they don't need to hire pilots and we defer aircraft, than we get emails asking us to help cover flying because they are out of reserves and we are CX flights next month because we don't have enough aircraft. Does anyone see the issue there?

This is not a pilot problem it is honestly a management problem. I am not even close to being a Union goon but the operation is becoming embarrassing for all of us frontline people that have to live with it. Heck I am glad I have a cockpit door our gate agents and FAs are not that lucky.

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Rdh3e wrote:
11725Flyer wrote:
UA is hurting for bookings based on recent events

Says who?

Easy. Just look at what they're offering for F fares in certain markets. I was able to score a ticket for $150 less than AA or DL on a recent trip.

Rdh3e

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:06 am

11725Flyer wrote:
Easy. Just look at what they're offering for F fares in certain markets. I was able to score a ticket for $150 less than AA or DL on a recent trip.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Thanks for the laugh. If that's your evidence, hey, I've got a bridge for sale.

11725Flyer

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:15 am

Rdh3e wrote:
11725Flyer wrote:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Thanks for the laugh. If that's your evidence, hey, I've got a bridge for sale.

Haha - my guess is you already sold it for a loss. Good luck.

ualtoth

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:27 am

Either way it just does not make sense for United to merge with Jetblue after they just got done merging with Continental a few years ago. Even now they are still trying to relax the airline. Stupid rumors like this have been going on for years. And Blueballs gives no actual evidence to support his claim (Hence - Rumor). You just seems like you are whining about B6 operations thinking a merger will solve the problem. Merger means complete change meaning United and Jetblue will need to completely change their marketing and operations style. I don't see it happening even in the future either.

Blueballs
Topic Author

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:31 am

ualtoth wrote:
Either way it just does not make sense for United to merge with Jetblue after they just got done merging with Continental a few years ago. Even now they are still trying to relax the airline. Stupid rumors like this have been going on for years. And Blueballs gives no actual evidence to support his claim (Hence - Rumor). You just seems like you are whining about B6 operations thinking a merger will solve the problem. Merger means complete change meaning United and Jetblue will need to completely change their marketing and operations style. I don't see it happening even in the future either.

Read my original post. I don't need to give evidence. I said "rumors and chatter" I never said " I was told by the CEO we are merging".

ASQ400

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:33 am

Blueballs wrote:
ualtoth wrote:

Read my original post. I don't need to give evidence. I said "rumors and chatter" I never said " I was told by the CEO we are merging".

To which we answer by saying that no one gives a flying fish about angry FA complaining.

twinotter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:49 am

Blueballs wrote:
. . . . . I love my company . . . . . The company is bending over backwards to accommodate Wall Street and has stopped taking care of their passengers and their employees.

Thanks for the confirmation that you do work for JetBlue. Since you brought it up, I'm curious about how JetBlue isn't "taking care" of you. The median wage in the United States was $55,775 in 2015. That is for 2,080 hours worked. What was your compensation last year and how many hours were you on duty?

fastmover

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:11 am

twinotter wrote:
Blueballs wrote:
. . . . . I love my company . . . . . The company is bending over backwards to accommodate Wall Street and has stopped taking care of their passengers and their employees.

Thanks for the confirmation that you do work for JetBlue. Since you brought it up, I'm curious about how JetBlue isn't "taking care" of you. The median wage in the United States was $55,775 in 2015. That is for 2,080 hours worked. What was your compensation last year and how many hours were you on duty?

Do you work for jetBlue?
This whole how much do you make and how many hours do you work has nothing to do with it.

grbauc

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:47 am

DarthLobster wrote:
So then you'll have three dysfunctional airlines pretending to be one. How will they erroneously blend B6 into the fold? Strange tartan patterns replacing lat-lon lines on all the CO tail globes?

They would have to Shed a fair part of B-6 or some other stuff to take it on... Example Most of the JFK slots and some at other airports to balance things out..

ghifty

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:05 am

DarthLobster wrote:
So then you'll have three dysfunctional airlines pretending to be one. How will they erroneously blend B6 into the fold? Strange tartan patterns replacing lat-lon lines on all the CO tail globes?

It's almost like UA is the presents US Airways, back when AW and US were relatively split. Maybe off topic, but what are labor relations like at AA now?
Fly Delta (Wid)Jets

Comments made here reflect only my personal opinions.

Beardown91737

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:29 am

OzarkD9S wrote:
Well, just for fun and playing Devil's Advocate though I take this rumor with a grain of salt:

JFK divested to WN and a few others with WN taking over JFK T-5. Maybe a few gates left for UA/B6 to run JFK-SFO/LAX.

LGB divested to WN with a few slots left for UA/B6 LGB-SFO/DEN. LGB would work better for WN anyway IMHO.

LGA slots except FLL thrown into a pool to be bid on.

DCA left as is though DCA-SJU carved out to....of course WN.

EWR. Though not slot controlled at the moment I could see DOJ carving out some "slots" to other entities, again excluding FLL.

Okay, back to reality.

Supposing it happens, why would UA+B6 need to divest at LGB? Especially to WN?
1. B6 already dominates LGB and hooking up with UA won't increase that.
2. LGB is the smallest of the five SoCal airports.
3. UA has no more than 15% of any of the 5 airports
4. UA's #4 share of 15% at LAX is higher than B6's 74% of LGB
5. WN has over 50% of BUR and ONT, plus 45% of SNA. BUR and ONT are 2X LGB. SNA is 4X.

Supposing UA+B6 would have to divest LGB, AS would be a better replacement candidate, but that is just my opinion, plus AA and DL have not shown much interest. UA has also not shown a desire to be at LGB but for all I know, gaining LGB might be the entire motivation for the proposed merger.

Here is what the SoCal airline market looks like on transtats.bts.gov airport snapshot

LGB
JetBlue 2,409 78.52%
Southwest 314 10.22%
Mesa 169 5.51%
SkyWest 164 5.36%
Delta 11.72 0.38%

LAX (22 driving miles from LGB)
American 11,265 19.66%
Delta 9,579 16.72%
Southwest 9,421 16.45%
United 8,536 14.90%

SNA (also 22 driving miles from LGB)
Southwest 4,481 45.13%
American 1,572 15.83%
United 1,323 13.32%
Alaska 890 8.96%
Delta 825 8.31%

BUR (40 driving miles from LGB)
Southwest 3,169 74.64%
SkyWest 500 11.78% (for UA+AS+DL)
Alaska 310 7.31%
Mesa 143 3.38% (for AA)
JetBlue 92.80 2.19%

ONT (50 driving miles from LGB)
Southwest 2,447 59.20%
American 688 16.65%
SkyWest 454 10.98% (UA+DL)
Alaska 279 6.74%
Mesa 110 2.66% (AA)
135 hrs PIC (mostly PA-28) - not current. Landings at MDW, PIA, JAN.

Carp12c

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:56 am

OzarkD9S wrote:

Okay, back to reality.

Thanks for the laughs, that was great!
But even in a parallel universe, I don't think Southwest would ever take over at JFK T-5. Hell, I think they would stay the hell away from JFK in the first place!

LAX772LR

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:40 am

Carp12c wrote:
Hell, I think they would stay the hell away from JFK in the first place!

Them (in retrospect: stupidly) doing so, is the entire reason that B6 is around today, considering the money and concessions that (various aspects of) NY was willing to toss around in the '90s to get increased domestic service out of JFK.

I'm aware that WN deviated from their previous model far less, back in those days, but still:
B6's existence is proof that WN can screw up a major market opportunity just as well as any other airline.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

jfk777

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:24 am

AA and JB would be better. AA is weak in FLL, BOS and MCO where JB is strong. IF AA and JB merged they would control two huge terminals at JFK and could allow BA to forget about their terminal 7 and built a new T7. So many permutations to a JB/AA merger that its all good.

tlecam

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:28 am

jfklganyc wrote:
Just an update on runway construction

JFK ended in May

BOS ended a few weeks ago

That on time rate is B6s to own.

I'm not sure about JFK, but for BOS this is not true. They are repaving the runway. 4R/22L finished that last week. The remainder of the work goes through the fall. The delays across all airlines have been pretty bad on certain days, especially if there's also weather in the evenings.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

rj777

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:42 am

Admins, can we please put the word "Rumor" in front of the topic? Otherwise the topic title is misleading, making it seam like this merger is actually going to happen.

ual763

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:04 pm

rj777 wrote:
Admins, can we please put the word "Rumor" in front of the topic? Otherwise the topic title is misleading, making it seam like this merger is actually going to happen.

Well, then all people have to do is click on it and read the very first line and see the word rumor...
From flying to the NOTAM office

FlyinRabbit88

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm still curious if negotiations with the pilots stall this fall and winter, how much bad press the company is ready to take? The internal struggles between the pilots and management are all ready hitting a point where this could turn ugly. Incidents like the "IROP Pants" done as a joke/internal video posted on Vimeo, doesn't give a warm fussy feeling when pilots who are already being asked every day the last few months to help out the operation with open trips, etc. Also wanting to get paid their fair market rate flying the Airbus and E190 when management touts JetBlue untilizes the A320/321 fleet better than any airline in the world, well the pilots are part of that equation.

We all know what a PR nightmare United had gone through, is jetblue ready for another? Already pre canceling flights in August.

As for a merger, who knows and really it's anyone's guess beyond the board rooms, I'm sure just like any airline that isn't a legacy is for sale for the right price.... especially with pilots being in such demand at the moment.

jfklganyc

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Pre cancelling flights in August due to staffing? Good sign! haha

twinotter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:21 pm

tlecam wrote:

I'm not sure about JFK, but for BOS this is not true. They are repaving the runway. 4R/22L finished that last week. The remainder of the work goes through the fall. The delays across all airlines have been pretty bad on certain days, especially if there's also weather in the evenings.

The remaining work is on the 4R approach pier and is being done overnight through early afternoon. Until early August, 4R is closed from 10PM to 2PM and open for departures and arrivals from 2PM to 10PM (no CAT II or CAT III available). 22L is open from 2PM to 10PM and open for arrivals only from 10PM to 2PM.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos