Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

c933103

Re: Woman Ditches Bullets In Haneda Trashcan And Gets Detained

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:08 am

dmg626 wrote:
Instead of biting the bullet and risking arrest just tell a leo, omg look what I just found on the sidewalk, your welcome

That is even worse... In situation like Japan they would surely ask you where you found it, and go back and check CCTV records who put that there, and then they will discover it is not actually the case, and then you will be charged misleading officers
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate.
Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!

LamboAston

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:45 am

ThePointblank wrote:
CO953 wrote:
LamboAston wrote:
More like the rest of the world has more than a grain of sense in their heads. Other places around the world, pistols aren't even legal to own (New Zealand), and shooting injuries are far lower per 100,000 people. Maybe the US and Somalia aren't as enlightened as the rest of the world when it comes to firearm safety and ownership

Maybe some of we Americans are enlightened as to the fact that the police are only minutes away when seconds count to save your life. You'd think that with the mass killings going on around the world where not one citizen has a weapon to protect themselves and others, that self-satisfied smug people might start taking another look at the height of their horses.... and asking themselves exactly what is enlightened about surrendering the right to self-defense. :smile:

In other high-income countries, gun homicides are unusual events, even with the recent increase in terrorist activity. In the US, gun homicides are a significant public health concern. For men 15 to 29, they are the third-leading cause of death, after accidents and suicides.

With guns being as common as they are in the US, with a very low bar for access to guns, I'm not surprised at the frequency of Americans getting caught whenever they go overseas with firearms. The rest of the world does not take lightly the possession of firearms in their country, and tightly control access and availability of firearms.

Witness how many times Americans get caught at the Canadian border with undeclared firearms (with the charges that result) as I noted before, and it is getting to the point where CBSA launches frequent awareness campaigns in American media outlets to warn American travelers to leave their guns at home. A couple of CBSA officers I know of that work the land border crossings tell me about the frequency of them turn Americans away when the visitor tells them they have a gun in the vehicle. It happens way more often than you think.

johns624 wrote:
CO953 wrote:
Regarding the posts upthread about crossing into Canada with firearms: (Sorry, the quote feature somehow isn't working for me):
Does Canada now allow entry of firearms by sea or by air at all?
Yes they do. They are quite restricted, though. Rifles and shotguns for hunting purposes have to be declared on entry. Handguns are much harder. You must be at least a seasonal resident and have a Canadian firearms ownership license (PAL). You might also be able to get in if you are going to an official target competition and have paperwork proving it. It's something that has to be planned well ahead of time. Your best bet, if you are ever in that situation again, is to find a local gun dealer who will take your gun in for "cleaning".

For a unrestricted firearm, you will need form RCMP 5589 Non-Resident Firearm Declaration, with a $25 dollar processing fee, plus a valid reason for bringing the weapon into the country (e.g. hunting, use in competitions, repair, re-enactments, in-transit movements, and protection against wildlife in remote areas).

For a restricted firearm, you will need the above, plus a authorization to transport, which you will need to get from the Canadian Firearms Program or from the nearest CBSA office.

Prohibited firearms, devices and weapons are just that; prohibited. Not allowed into Canada, period.

bgm wrote:
Most other countries don't have guns to begin with, so there is less danger. Then you have countries like Australia who used to be like the US and realised that it was madness and changed their laws and severely restricted firearm ownership.

Thank you. That is exactly my point
AS350, B733/4/7/8, B744/8, B762/3, B77E/L/W, B789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A346, A380, AT73/5/6, Q300, Q400, CR2/7, E190, S340, B1900C/D, E110 (E for epic)
NZ, EK, QF, SQ, UA, US, CO, FZ, FR, U2, BA, VA, VS, MH, EI, EY, LH, EN, NM, TG, GZ

VSMUT

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:22 am

CO953 wrote:
Maybe some of we Americans are enlightened as to the fact that the police are only minutes away when seconds count to save your life. You'd think that with the mass killings going on around the world where not one citizen has a weapon to protect themselves and others, that self-satisfied smug people might start taking another look at the height of their horses.... and asking themselves exactly what is enlightened about surrendering the right to self-defense. :smile:

In an airport?!? Police are more than seconds away at an airport?!?

UltimoTiger777 wrote:
That's a bit of strange statement. Lots of countries allow firearms ownership and the differences in legislation between them can vary massively. Japan is an example of somewhere with very strict firearms laws. On the other hand, you could go to the Czech Republic where people can carry concealed firearms. Then you could fly to the UK where people can own shotguns but due to a ban on handguns, the Olympic shooting team has to practice overseas.

In the Czech Republic, open carry is for municipal police and national bank security only, and requires a special license. They also allow concealed carry, which also requires a special license, and only permits carrying of loaded weapons, not loose bullets lying around in your backpack. I doubt that US licenses are valid either, so the point still stands.

B777LRF

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:43 am

CO953 wrote:
With so many conflicting and overlapping weapons laws across the world, I don't approve of anyone being detained or charged for an an honest oversight, if they immediately declare the mistake.

Seriously? You think there are 'many conflicting and overlapping' laws regarding weapons in this world? Well, outside of the US and a few banana republics, the rules are actually pretty simple: It's illegal. Plain and simple.

The only people who get caught with weapons and/or ammunition in foreign places, seems to be Americans. Perhaps it is outside their intellectual capacity to even contemplate the notion, people outside the US might do things differently. Might be better for everybody, then, if they just stayed at home where they are familiar with the rules, if indeed rules that are different to their own causes so much confusion.
Signature. You just read one.

WIederling

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:34 am

Beardown91737 wrote:
... not the same as a bullet, which sits around doing nothing until the primer is struck.

What happens to some unsuspecting worker when the trash is incinerated or compacted for further processing?

Life bullets present a hidden danger. ( I don't get how one could loose count of ones munitions in such a way.
About as dumb as a gun in the handbag put into the toddlers buggy ... and in easy reach of the inhabitant.)

Final point of contention is America's haphazard way of handling guns while getting their collective panties
in a bunch on any foreigner potentially bringing something unsavory into the country topped of big
with the demand to have there way any place abroad.
Murphy is an optimist

johns624

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:21 pm

WIederling wrote:
What happens to some unsuspecting worker when the trash is incinerated or compacted for further processing?
Nothing. A bullet that isn't enclosed in a barrel where all the energy is restricted and forced in one direction has almost no energy. The case normally ruptures and the bullet may travel a few inches.

johns624

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:23 pm

LamboAston wrote:
Thank you. That is exactly my point
Your point lost its effectiveness when you didn't know that handguns are legal in New Zealand.

okie73

Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:57 pm

How did she get caught??

WIederling

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:01 pm

johns624 wrote:
WIederling wrote:
Nothing. A bullet that isn't enclosed in a barrel where all the energy is restricted and forced in one direction has almost no energy. The case normally ruptures and the bullet may travel a few inches.

I understand that life munitions are deemed less dangerous than an exposed nipple in your culture.

Nonetheless you will find that in most communities dropping ammo into the wastebasket is frowned upon.
Even without subsequent burning or shredding. Good chance it is deemed a criminal offence too.
Murphy is an optimist

fallap

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Returned from Bangkok last year with a keychain consisting of an expended bullet. Got an appointment with two very friendly police officers, and the three of us plus the G4S guy had a long chat of where to grab the best beer in Amsterdam, I got a friendly warning and promised never to bring such contrabande through AMS again.
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

777PHX

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:34 pm

B777LRF wrote:
CO953 wrote:
With so many conflicting and overlapping weapons laws across the world, I don't approve of anyone being detained or charged for an an honest oversight, if they immediately declare the mistake.

Seriously? You think there are 'many conflicting and overlapping' laws regarding weapons in this world? Well, outside of the US and a few banana republics, the rules are actually pretty simple: It's illegal. Plain and simple.

The only people who get caught with weapons and/or ammunition in foreign places, seems to be Americans. Perhaps it is outside their intellectual capacity to even contemplate the notion, people outside the US might do things differently. Might be better for everybody, then, if they just stayed at home where they are familiar with the rules, if indeed rules that are different to their own causes so much confusion.

It's about time, it's been about a week since our last "let's bash the US" thread.

johns624

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:27 pm

WIederling wrote:
johns624 wrote:
WIederling wrote:

I understand that life munitions are deemed less dangerous than an exposed nipple in your culture.

Nonetheless you will find that in most communities dropping ammo into the wastebasket is frowned upon.
Even without subsequent burning or shredding. Good chance it is deemed a criminal offence too.
So I proved you wrong and you still can't let it go. Everyone here knows that you hate the US and everything about it. It must be an inferiority complex...

ei146

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:59 pm

johns624 wrote:
WIederling wrote:
johns624 wrote:

So I proved you wrong and you still can't let it go. Everyone here knows that you hate the US and everything about it. It must be an inferiority complex...

Well, I kind of agree with Wiederlings comment in this case. He nails it. But you take it as a personal offense and insult him. Must be an inferiority complex...

ei146

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:19 pm

777PHX wrote:
It's about time, it's been about a week since our last "let's bash the US" thread.

Sorry, but certain people here do their best to provoke this reaction. I read this forum since years without contributing much from my side. I am really thankful for a lot of information and eduction I received here. Some people here seem to be very knowledgable in certain aspects but unfortunatly not so much in other areas. Still with missionary zeal and unjustified selfconfidence they throw their opinion on us, not accepting that things are done differently elsewhere, because people there want it so. And unfortunately most of them seem to come form a certain Nation in Northern America. And this Nation is not Canada or Mexico.

CplKlinger

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:44 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
What threat are the bullets? She going to throw them at people?

A responsible gun owner treats ammunition with just as much care and safety as they do a weapon. Partly because it's just good sense, and partly because ammo isn't cheap. You don't want any guns OR ammunition to get lifted from you and used in a crime.

c933103

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:31 am

okie73 wrote:
How did she get caught??

Police watched CCTV and found out she discarded those bullets into trash bin.

hz747300

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:28 am

What's the difference between what she did, and throwing an apple into the bin upon arrival at Sydney? In both cases, you are doing it there to avoid an anal exam by border police later. Her assumption probably was that she forgot she had it, and she knew it was wrong to have in Japan, or wherever the final destination was meant to be, so I can dispose of it and be done with it.

By the way you lot paint all Americans, her behavior should read like this: "She was stopped and searched and 100 bullets were found. Her response was that I am an American so I can do what I want, where I want, and your laws do not pertain to me!" Ridiculous.
Keep on truckin'...

mjoelnir

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:41 am

hz747300 wrote:
What's the difference between what she did, and throwing an apple into the bin upon arrival at Sydney? In both cases, you are doing it there to avoid an anal exam by border police later. Her assumption probably was that she forgot she had it, and she knew it was wrong to have in Japan, or wherever the final destination was meant to be, so I can dispose of it and be done with it.

By the way you lot paint all Americans, her behavior should read like this: "She was stopped and searched and 100 bullets were found. Her response was that I am an American so I can do what I want, where I want, and your laws do not pertain to me!" Ridiculous.

You still do not get it. Ammunition is not an apple. It is strictly banned. Compare it at least with for example your Marijuana stash you try to get rid off. Forgetfulness in regards to guns and ammunition is not an acceptable excuse outside the USA, as it would not be a viable excuse for having 50 gr of Marijuana in your bag on most USA airports.
And every time something like this comes up, we get the USA group here trying to make excuses this criminal behaviour.

Virtual737

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:48 am

ei146 wrote:
And unfortunately most of them seem to come form a certain Nation in Northern America. And this Nation is not Canada or Mexico.

The iRaq?

johns624

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:00 pm

What would have been the appropriate thing to do? She would have been in just as much trouble if she had turned them in. Six of one; half dozen of the other. She made a mistake and tried to make the best of it.

SomebodyInTLS

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:49 pm

CO953 wrote:
consider airports an "amnesty" zone - in which travelers who have mistakenly transported a weapon

Thing is... that would pretty much only be citizens of one country on Earth... Better to educate those people than make everyone else accommodate their ignorance, methinks.

Edit: and now I read the rest of the thread... never mind. LOL.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

flyingcat

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Somewhere in Tokyo, in the bowels of an Onsen, a Yakuza boss is cursing that the rare bullets for his American gun did not arrive!

Cubsrule

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:32 pm

johns624 wrote:
What would have been the appropriate thing to do? She would have been in just as much trouble if she had turned them in. Six of one; half dozen of the other. She made a mistake and tried to make the best of it.

Is there some evidence that turning them into would have led to "just as much trouble?" She probably would have gotten in some trouble, but that is different from "just as much trouble."
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

Mir

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:44 pm

johns624 wrote:

Own up to the mistake and declare it to the customs officials. Trying to destroy evidence is not 'making the best of it', it shows a lack of responsibility even above and beyond the initial lack of responsibility of not realizing you've got ammunition in your bag when you're going to the airport.

Responsible gun ownership is one thing, but this isn't that. She should not get off easy here.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

johns624

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:25 pm

I think it all comes down to most Americans, especially those who have never traveled much, aren't used to Big Brother watching their every move. I was surprised at all the CCTV the first time that I went to London. She probably figured that throwing it away was the best course of action. OTOH, I'm much more aware of my ammunition and firearms and would never use the same bag for shooting gear and traveling.

TerminalD

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:35 pm

A great example of why Japan was not on the list of airports being considered for the Laptop ban????

fsabo

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:48 pm

TerminalD wrote:
A great example of why Japan was not on the list of airports being considered for the Laptop ban????

IMO, this has degraded into a USA versus rest of the world gun politics thread.

How about the fact that 100 rounds get past the TSA so easily, and then the USA demands enhanced screening for USA bound flights. Perhaps the USA should add itself to the ban list.

VolvoBus

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:05 pm

flyingcat wrote:
Somewhere in Tokyo, in the bowels of an Onsen, a Yakuza boss is cursing that the rare bullets for his American gun did not arrive!

As the woman was in transit to another South East Asia country, it was probably a resupply run for security at MNL !!!

Mogrcat

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:38 pm

The original article from the Japan Times. Not much different than Newsweek, except to note that a janitor found the bullets.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/0 ... WPTVGZK3cs

I don't know how these post/threads get so off track. Salient points -

1) Granny gets through TSA (JT article says she arrived from US) with 100 rounds of .22 cal ammunition. Comment - I buy .40 cals in boxes of 100 and they are heavy. While .22 cals are smaller (guessing LRs? - they are all getting tough to get), they aren't light and should have set off serious alarm bells at TSA. I can't get banana bread through TSA without a check since they say it looks like C4 in the scanner.
2) Granny figures it out at HND and dumps them. She has no clue (nor should she) about local laws since her intent was apparently not to have them in the first place.
3) Japan has very strict weapons laws and they serve their intended purpose. My Japanese wife will verify that.
4) Janitor finds them and somehow outs Granny.
5) Granny and husband will face whatever music the Japanese authorities dish out.

No relevance to US firearm laws. They are what they are and will change only over the NRA's collective dead bodies. (No slam on the NRA - it's how they are if you've ever read their magazine.)
No relevance to the perception that Americans think they are special. This is no different than that US kid in Singapore a few years ago that was sentenced to caning for tossing his gum on the sidewalk. Parents sued and the SCOTUS told them to go to HE-double hockey sticks.
No relevance to Japanese laws. Every country has their own legal priorities & every one else is expected to follow them. Chewing gum banned in Singapore? Nutty? Sure, but it is their law.

WIederling

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 am

2) Granny figures it out at HND and dumps them. She has no clue (nor should she)

naive uninformedness is never an excuse for illegal deeds.
( especially not in her home jurisdiction. She should have known.)

I doubt the janitor "outed" her.
He found the stuff and security/police backtracked via surveilance video?

I am surprised the lady was still on the premises. Fast work!
Murphy is an optimist

tommy1808

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:25 am

CO953 wrote:
With so many conflicting and overlapping weapons laws across the world, I don't approve of anyone being detained or charged for an an honest oversight, .

Having them in the bag may have been "oversight", dropping them into a Trashcan isn´t.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

mjoelnir

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 am

Mogrcat wrote:
The original article from the Japan Times. Not much different than Newsweek, except to note that a janitor found the bullets.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/0 ... WPTVGZK3cs

I don't know how these post/threads get so off track. Salient points -

1) Granny gets through TSA (JT article says she arrived from US) with 100 rounds of .22 cal ammunition. Comment - I buy .40 cals in boxes of 100 and they are heavy. While .22 cals are smaller (guessing LRs? - they are all getting tough to get), they aren't light and should have set off serious alarm bells at TSA. I can't get banana bread through TSA without a check since they say it looks like C4 in the scanner.
2) Granny figures it out at HND and dumps them. She has no clue (nor should she) about local laws since her intent was apparently not to have them in the first place.
3) Japan has very strict weapons laws and they serve their intended purpose. My Japanese wife will verify that.
5) Granny and husband will face whatever music the Japanese authorities dish out.

No relevance to US firearm laws. They are what they are and will change only over the NRA's collective dead bodies. (No slam on the NRA - it's how they are if you've ever read their magazine.)
No relevance to the perception that Americans think they are special. This is no different than that US kid in Singapore a few years ago that was sentenced to caning for tossing his gum on the sidewalk. Parents sued and the SCOTUS told them to go to HE-double hockey sticks.
No relevance to Japanese laws. Every country has their own legal priorities & every one else is expected to follow them. Chewing gum banned in Singapore? Nutty? Sure, but it is their law.

Still absolute clueless.

1. Ammunition is illegal on a international flight. It is a criminal act to smuggle ammunition over most international borders. Stop thinking about guns and ammunition as something legal to own and transport. Traveling international, there is not a big distinction between smuggling illegal drugs and illegal guns and ammunition.

2. Travelers are supposed to check if they carry something illegal on board or over borders.

3. The USA gun culture is of course to blame, looking at guns as akin to underwear and having often no clue about how to handle guns and ammunition safely and nobody pressuring anybody to learn about that. The military counts ammunition, they seem to know about the dangers.

SomebodyInTLS

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 am

Mogrcat wrote:
This is no different than that US kid in Singapore a few years ago that was sentenced to caning for tossing his gum on the sidewalk. Parents sued and the SCOTUS told them to go to HE-double hockey sticks.

Small point of order - the chewing gum ban is always misquoted wrt. that case. In fact he was convicted of vandalism and theft:

Wikipedia wrote:
Fay pleaded guilty to vandalizing the cars in addition to stealing road signs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P ... _Singapore

On the subject of cultural differences - it's worth pointing out that cars in Singapore cost multiples of what you'd pay for them anywhere else (you have to bid at auction for a permit *to buy* a car... *then* pay a hugely inflated price on top of that!)... vandalism is already a huge no-no - vandalising something so valuable even more so. And he was living there - not an innocent/ignorant tourist.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

Mogrcat

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for the info on the Singapore incident. I did not realize that it was as serious as that & that they were living there. I understand from my S'pore colleagues that a car costs about 2.5x the price, once all of the government fees are accounted for. I've been to Singapore three times this year (UA1/2) and continue to be much in awe of the place.

Many also don't realize that auto license plates in some Chinese cities cost >10,000 USD and there is no guarantee that you will get one.

Yes, Granny was clueless. No suggestion that she wasn't. And....she compounded her cluelessness once she reached HND.

Never suggested that what she did was right. She broke multiple laws and will pay whatever penalty is proscribed by the Japanese.

Still don't see where the gun culture plays a role. IF there are groups in the US that advocate firearms on airplane, they are very, very quiet. There are 330+ millions living in the US with 330+ million opinions about firearms. However, the current state of affairs is what it is and probably will not change in the near future.

CplKlinger

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Mogrcat wrote:

If she was a responsible gun owner, those rounds should have never left her home. And as for not knowing the law, that's no excuse. I don't have any firearms at the moment, but I still know the carry laws for my state, and the surrounding states. If you are going to own a firearm, knowing the laws and following through with the responsibilities of owning one should be at the top of your list daily. Way too many gun owners in the US want to shirk that responsibility and then cry foul when something bad happens. If you want the right so bad, act like it.

I'm not advocating that they throw the book at this lady, but this isn't some simple mistake. She broke a law through carelessness, and she deserves what ever she gets.

scbriml

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 pm

CplKlinger wrote:
She broke a law through carelessness, and she deserves what ever she gets.

She did and she will.

However, let's not gloss over the complicity of the TSA in as much as they let her get through US security in the first place.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

c933103

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:47 pm

WIederling wrote:
2) Granny figures it out at HND and dumps them. She has no clue (nor should she)

naive uninformedness is never an excuse for illegal deeds.
( especially not in her home jurisdiction. She should have known.)

I doubt the janitor "outed" her.
He found the stuff and security/police backtracked via surveilance video?

I am surprised the lady was still on the premises. Fast work!

- It seems like polices prosecuted the woman in the early morning of July 5 when she was about to board a connecting flight to SE Asia, while she arrived Haneda and discarded those bullets in the afternoon of the day before, and she have actually leaved the airport and entered Japan before making this connection, so she did not stay within the airport until they caugh her.
- It is reported that those bullets could belong to her son, so the woman herself might not be a gun owner afterall.
- Also, the women did not throw those bullets away in the airside before passing through custom. She actually entered the country and then throw those bullets away into Haneda airport trash bin on the land side of the airport.

CplKlinger

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 pm

scbriml wrote:
CplKlinger wrote:
She broke a law through carelessness, and she deserves what ever she gets.

She did and she will.

However, let's not gloss over the complicity of the TSA in as much as they let her get through US security in the first place.

I agree, the TSA has a part in this, and they should review how they let 100 rounds of ammo get by them. However, I still think this lady needs to be made an example of for her part in this. While the TSA plays a part, if it wasn't for her carelessness, this would never have occurred. This isn't a tiny Swiss army knife or pair of nail clippers that she forgot she had.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos