Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

xdlx

Re: Significant System Wide Frontier Announcement Tuesday July 18th

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:55 pm

MIA is certainly doable for higher yields during the winter. Just do not know how they plan to deal with AA, when they decide the pesky F9 is siphoning revenue away. How many frames do they need to make this happen?

cvgComair

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:08 pm

I will be interested to see is AA responds in any way on CVG-MIA, they have been gutting the route recently, down to a single daily ERJ-145. Loads on the route are not great and I think its possible that they may drop the route completely. DL/G4 both operate CVG-FLL on mainline 1x/day (DL 2x on Sat), which steals a lot of traffic from AA.

jplatts

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Is Frontier able to switch one of its DCA-DEN beyond perimeter slot exemptions to add nonstop service from DCA to LAS, or is Frontier restricted to using its DCA beyond-perimeter slots for nonstop flights between DCA and DEN?

jbpdx

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:30 pm

When will all the Frontier changes show up in FlightView?
^

SANFan

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 pm

AirFiero wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:
I was able to compile all of the available schedules and routes to make a list and article about the expansion and the flights added and subtracted from the network. Here it is: http://layoverhub.net/frontier-airlines ... ew-routes/

I am trying to make sense of the SJC schedule. Here is the SJC-DEN schedule:
Denver (DEN) to San Jose (SJC)
F9597 Denver 9:45 a.m. departure -> San Jose 11:26 a.m. arrival A319 Daily
F9598 San Jose 6:50 p.m. departure -> Denver 10:22 p.m. arrival

Where does the aircraft come from and go to besides DEN.

I don't know what dates you selected but this is the sked I see for the first day of the service, Oct 5:
DEN - 9:45am #597
SJC - 11:26am

SJC - 12:06pm #596
DEN - 3:38pm

And the sked for Oct 7 shows:
DEN - 4:25pm #599
SJC - 6:06pm

SJC - 6:50pm #598
DEN - 10:22pm

Everything looks ok to me. Even if the route is Daily (for now), F9 very often runs totally different skeds on different days of the week....

(Good luck trying to make sense of it all; hope you have lots of time to spend on it!)

bb

SANFan

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:36 pm

jplatts wrote:
Is Frontier able to switch one of its DCA-DEN beyond perimeter slot exemptions to add nonstop service from DCA to LAS, or is Frontier restricted to using its DCA beyond-perimeter slots for nonstop flights between DCA and DEN?

No, F9 cannot move their DCA-DEN authority.

bb

MAH4546
Topic Author

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:38 pm

cvgComair wrote:
I will be interested to see is AA responds in any way on CVG-MIA, they have been gutting the route recently, down to a single daily ERJ-145. Loads on the route are not great and I think its possible that they may drop the route completely. DL/G4 both operate CVG-FLL on mainline 1x/day (DL 2x on Sat), which steals a lot of traffic from AA.

AA will not drop MIACVG and eliminate an important connection between the two cities.

I do find it odd that there is so little MIACVG capacity compared to MIACMH/CLE/SDF/IND, though.
a.

jplatts

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:37 pm

SANFan wrote:
jplatts wrote:

No, F9 cannot move their DCA-DEN authority.

bb

Delta was recently allowed to change two of its beyond perimeter slots to add nonstop service from DCA to LAX. What restrictions were attached to the Frontier beyond-perimeter slot exemptions at DCA that didn't apply to Delta's beyond-perimeter DCA slot exemptions? Is there any way that Frontier can get permission to use one of its existing beyond perimeter slot exemptions to add DCA-LAS nonstop service, or does Congress have to change the law to allow Frontier to use one of its existing slots for DCA-LAS nonstop service?

mariner

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 pm

jplatts wrote:
Is there any way that Frontier can get permission to use one of its existing beyond perimeter slot exemptions to add DCA-LAS nonstop service, or does Congress have to change the law to allow Frontier to use one of its existing slots for DCA-LAS nonstop service?

No. It is one of a group of DCA mandated by Congress to "open cup" DCA a bit, and were put up for bid by the DOT, with the slots specifically tied to a destination.

If the airline doesn't want the slots, or goes under, such as TWA, the slots are returned to the DOT and put out for bid to other airlines. More about it in this long post about Delta, but not all DCA slots are like this - some are just regular slots, but not the ones that Frontier got.

viewtopic.php?t=70117

mariner
aeternum nauta

AirFiero

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:56 am

SANFan wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:
I was able to compile all of the available schedules and routes to make a list and article about the expansion and the flights added and subtracted from the network. Here it is: http://layoverhub.net/frontier-airlines ... ew-routes/

I am trying to make sense of the SJC schedule. Here is the SJC-DEN schedule:
Denver (DEN) to San Jose (SJC)
F9597 Denver 9:45 a.m. departure -> San Jose 11:26 a.m. arrival A319 Daily
F9598 San Jose 6:50 p.m. departure -> Denver 10:22 p.m. arrival

Where does the aircraft come from and go to besides DEN.

I don't know what dates you selected but this is the sked I see for the first day of the service, Oct 5:
DEN - 9:45am #597
SJC - 11:26am

SJC - 12:06pm #596
DEN - 3:38pm

And the sked for Oct 7 shows:
DEN - 4:25pm #599
SJC - 6:06pm

SJC - 6:50pm #598
DEN - 10:22pm

Everything looks ok to me. Even if the route is Daily (for now), F9 very often runs totally different skeds on different days of the week....

(Good luck trying to make sense of it all; hope you have lots of time to spend on it!)

bb

Hey, SAN dude, thanks for your work on this. I was quoting what the guy posted. I hadn't seen any schedule information aside from that. Where did you get your info?

jbpdx

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Frontier's new schedule/routes are still not loaded into FlightView, Skyscanner, Expedia etc.
^

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:28 pm

cvgComair wrote:

I wondered how DL was going to keep CVG-FLL viable as a year-round mainline route with G4 and F9 there. F9 moving the route to MIA makes it a little easier I suppose.

Jshank83

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:48 pm

jbpdx wrote:
Frontier's new schedule/routes are still not loaded into FlightView, Skyscanner, Expedia etc.

I think this is partially because some of them are only DEN deals at this point. I don't think those show up in them

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos