tortugamon
Topic Author

Boeing Snares Big 787 Order From Emirates, Aerospace Analyst Says

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:35 am

The article linked below states: "It's a 'done deal' says the analyst who suggested the Dreamliner order may be unveiled at this fall's Dubai Air Show." - but the rest is behind the paywall. It does reference 75 aircraft however.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news ... rates.html

I grew suspicious when I saw the word 'analyst' mentioned that it might be the guy from Strategic Aero who I have very little respect for and sure enough he has an article titled" “Done Deal” – Emirates Selects 787s Over A350s"

http://www.strategicaeroresearch.com/

Can anyone confirm if there is any substance to these articles or if this is just click bait. Sorry if the latter. We have been waiting on hearing about this order for quite a while now.

Thanks,

tortugamon

Revelation

Re: Boeing Snares Big 787 Order From Emirates, Aerospace Analyst Says

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:43 am

tortugamon wrote:
The article linked below states: "It's a 'done deal' says the analyst who suggested the Dreamliner order may be unveiled at this fall's Dubai Air Show." - but the rest is behind the paywall. It does reference 75 aircraft however.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news ... rates.html

I grew suspicious when I saw the word 'analyst' mentioned that it might be the guy from Strategic Aero who I have very little respect for and sure enough he has an article titled" “Done Deal” – Emirates Selects 787s Over A350s"

http://www.strategicaeroresearch.com/

Can anyone confirm if there is any substance to these articles or if this is just click bait. Sorry if the latter. We have been waiting on hearing about this order for quite a while now.

Thanks,

tortugamon

Me and most of the rest of a.net will LOL if this reporter went to "press" based on the 'strategic aero' report.

See viewtopic.php?p=19679881#p19679881 for the consensus that this is 'fake news'.

EDIT: http://www.postandcourier.com/business/ ... eda5e.html seems to be a non-paywall version of the article, and it seems more than one outlet is running with the following 'news':

"Detailed intelligence states that the 787 will be Emirates' smaller wide-body airplane choice," Saj Ahmad said on his Strategic Aero Research website. "Snaring Emirates is a massive coup for Boeing — something we've predicted for over three years now."

If you go to his website and click on his link for 'detailed intelligence' you find nothing more than a link to his own Twitter feed!
Last edited by Revelation on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

GlenP

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:45 am

There was a thread, which ran to 2 or 3 pages, earlier in the day.

After it was determined that the "analyst" reporting this was not exactly a reliable source, the thread was locked by crew.

Basically, it appears to be wishful thinking by a Boeing fanboy blogger and Anet has decided the subject can be discussed again, once it can be demonstrated that there is some truth in it.

(Looks like two of us were typing at the same time, with the major difference that one of us can still see, and link to, the earlier thread.)
Ubique Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

tortugamon
Topic Author

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am

Thanks Revelation. I share the sentiment.

I had not seen that earlier thread. I agree that if it based on Strat Aero; its a nothing burger and we should move on.

BizJournal Seattle isn't aviationweek or flightglobal or anything but they aren't terrible so I am just wondering if it is the same source. Guess I am looking for a glimpse behind the pay wall. Good info is so hard to find!

tortugamon

csturdiv

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 am

"Detailed intelligence states that the 787 will be Emirates' smaller wide-body airplane choice," Saj Ahmad said on his Strategic Aero Research website. "Snaring Emirates is a massive coup for Boeing — something we've predicted for over three years now."

So an a possible order for Boeing aircraft by airline that operates more Boeings than Airbus is considered a "massive coup"?
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

qf789

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:35 am

As there has been another thread about this topic, topic will be locked
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos