Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
TerminalD
Topic Author
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:11 am

I said that UA's statement to try to influence the F9 IPO was fairly inappropriate and now F9 has seemingly delayed the IPO. I wonder how that is all tied together. It's not a coincidence.

Frontier Airlines pushed back its initial public offering, people familiar with the matter said, as competitive tensions flared between the no-frills carrier and United Airlines.

The share sale could slip until September or later, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the matter is private. Frontier Group Holdings Inc., which is backed by private equity firm Indigo Partners, had been planning to hold the IPO as soon as the second quarter, people familiar with the matter said in March.

The delay comes as Frontier prepares to more than double routes — an expansion that drew a warning from United President Scott Kirby. He vowed to stave off any attempt by Frontier to grab a bigger share of the Denver market. The discount carrier is based in the city, which is the most profitable hub for United, the third-biggest airline in the U.S.


https://skift.com/2017/07/20/frontier-m ... in-denver/
 
SFOtoORD
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 am

If F9 can't take a tough statement from a competitor then they weren't ready for an IPO under any circumstance. IPO companies get tough things said and written about them all the time.
 
Bald1983
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 am

TerminalD wrote:
I said that UA's statement to try to influence the F9 IPO was fairly inappropriate and now F9 has seemingly delayed the IPO. I wonder how that is all tied together. It's not a coincidence.

Frontier Airlines pushed back its initial public offering, people familiar with the matter said, as competitive tensions flared between the no-frills carrier and United Airlines.

The share sale could slip until September or later, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the matter is private. Frontier Group Holdings Inc., which is backed by private equity firm Indigo Partners, had been planning to hold the IPO as soon as the second quarter, people familiar with the matter said in March.

The delay comes as Frontier prepares to more than double routes — an expansion that drew a warning from United President Scott Kirby. He vowed to stave off any attempt by Frontier to grab a bigger share of the Denver market. The discount carrier is based in the city, which is the most profitable hub for United, the third-biggest airline in the U.S.


https://skift.com/2017/07/20/frontier-m ... in-denver/


If all it takes is to have a competitor talk trash about you to delay your IPO, you probably are not a company where one should invest their money.
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 8508
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:21 am

To be honest this was probably in the works for a while, and the timing provided a convenient excuse
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20932
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 am

To do an IPO, a company has to release audited financial results. What we're F9's results?
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.
 
flyguy84
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 am

What are the chances United is actually making a play for Frontier? It's a quick way to gain access to more narrow bodies, specifically 321 and knocks out a ulcc competitor. Just seems like an odd fight to pick.
SFO
 
SFOtoORD
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:20 am

lightsaber wrote:
To do an IPO, a company has to release audited financial results. What we're F9's results?


Here is the S1 filing for IPO: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data ... 312ds1.htm
 
thomasphoto60
Posts: 3891
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2000 1:04 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:23 am

Bald1983 wrote:
TerminalD wrote:
I said that UA's statement to try to influence the F9 IPO was fairly inappropriate and now F9 has seemingly delayed the IPO. I wonder how that is all tied together. It's not a coincidence.

Frontier Airlines pushed back its initial public offering, people familiar with the matter said, as competitive tensions flared between the no-frills carrier and United Airlines.

The share sale could slip until September or later, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the matter is private. Frontier Group Holdings Inc., which is backed by private equity firm Indigo Partners, had been planning to hold the IPO as soon as the second quarter, people familiar with the matter said in March.

The delay comes as Frontier prepares to more than double routes — an expansion that drew a warning from United President Scott Kirby. He vowed to stave off any attempt by Frontier to grab a bigger share of the Denver market. The discount carrier is based in the city, which is the most profitable hub for United, the third-biggest airline in the U.S.


https://skift.com/2017/07/20/frontier-m ... in-denver/


If all it takes is to have a competitor talk trash about you to delay your IPO, you probably are not a company where one should invest their money.


I've never invested in any airline. I'm an airline manager. I don't invest in airlines. And I always said to the employees of American, 'This is not an appropriate investment. It's a great place to work and it's a great company that does important work. But airlines are not an investment.'

-Robert Crandall, former AA CEO
"Show me the Braniffs"
 
cschleic
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:47 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:33 am

Anyone planning an IPO these days, or a large merger/acquisition, is having second thoughts until there's more clarity on tax law changes, healthcare, or anything else getting done in Washington for that matter. The financial markets hate uncertainty, and there's nothing but uncertainty right now, never mind what Scott Kirby says.
 
User avatar
mariner
Posts: 19473
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:29 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 am

TerminalD wrote:
I said that UA's statement to try to influence the F9 IPO was fairly inappropriate and now F9 has seemingly delayed the IPO. I wonder how that is all tied together. It's not a coincidence.


But this doesn't come from Frontier - it comes from "people familiariar with the matter" and reads like the people from that tacky magazine who proposed it a couple of days ago. All Bloomberg is doing is rehashing that same yarn.

Has the IPO been delayed? When it is said by someone in authority then I'll pay attention, but until then I raise an eyebrow at your headline, which is - at the very least - jumping the gun.

mariner
aeternum nauta
 
User avatar
LotsaRunway
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 am

Why is UA picking on the little guy on the block when its WN that's eating into their market share? They already know how to offer less and shrink down the seat pitch to compete with F9. But would they really be willing to offer more leg room and free bags to fight off the much larger competitor that recently entered Denver in force? Besides, F9 has two major competitors to deal with which is naturally going to limit growth. Perhaps F9 should offer new flights at IAD.
 
SFOtoORD
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:08 am

LotsaRunway wrote:
Why is UA picking on the little guy on the block when its WN that's eating into their market share? They already know how to offer less and shrink down the seat pitch to compete with F9. But would they really be willing to offer more leg room and free bags to fight off the much larger competitor that recently entered Denver in force? Besides, F9 has two major competitors to deal with which is naturally going to limit growth. Perhaps F9 should offer new flights at IAD.


"Picking on"? This is business, not a kindergarten playground. They're competitors and F9 shouldn't care what UA says. This thread has nothing to do with WN and UA is doing fine against them more recently in DEN.
 
User avatar
mariner
Posts: 19473
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:29 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:34 am

SFOtoORD wrote:
"Picking on"? This is business, not a kindergarten playground. They're competitors and F9 shouldn't care what UA says. This thread has nothing to do with WN and UA is doing fine against them more recently in DEN.


So far, I haven't seen any authoritative evidence that Frontier does care what UA says.

Going by Google, United should care a great deal more about what the press is saying about it - LOL.

https://skift.com/2017/07/20/united-air ... e-outlook/

"United Airlines Is Disappointing Investors With Its Mediocre Outlook"

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1423684 ... oubts.html

"United Airlines Exec Reveals 6 Reasons for Weak Guidance - But a Top Analyst Has Doubts"

http://airlinegeeks.com/2017/07/20/unit ... r-results/

"United Airlines Stock Drops, Despite Strong Second Quarter Results"

mariner
aeternum nauta
 
TerminalD
Topic Author
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:55 pm

cschleic wrote:
Anyone planning an IPO these days, or a large merger/acquisition, is having second thoughts until there's more clarity on tax law changes, healthcare, or anything else getting done in Washington for that matter. The financial markets hate uncertainty, and there's nothing but uncertainty right now, never mind what Scott Kirby says.

Is that why the DOW is at an all-time record? LOL

SFOtoORD wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
Why is UA picking on the little guy on the block when its WN that's eating into their market share? They already know how to offer less and shrink down the seat pitch to compete with F9. But would they really be willing to offer more leg room and free bags to fight off the much larger competitor that recently entered Denver in force? Besides, F9 has two major competitors to deal with which is naturally going to limit growth. Perhaps F9 should offer new flights at IAD.


"Picking on"? This is business, not a kindergarten playground. They're competitors and F9 shouldn't care what UA says. This thread has nothing to do with WN and UA is doing fine against them more recently in DEN.

As I said in the prior thread, it's pretty rare to trash another company's investment outlook as they are in the middle of a public financing. I assume there are no legal reasons preventing it, but from the company issuing it is known as a "quiet period" meaning they must abstain from comments that might manipulate the offering. That's why it is so low for a competitor to attempt the same.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1991
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:13 pm

What's an IPO?
A350/CSeries = bae
 
B737900ER
Posts: 1028
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:26 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:23 pm

So one airline executive has that much clout that by his words alone he can prevent an entire company from offering an IPO.

Are you serious?
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 11058
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 pm

TerminalD wrote:
The share sale could slip until September or later, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the matter is private. Frontier Group Holdings Inc., which is backed by private equity firm Indigo Partners, had been planning to hold the IPO as soon as the second quarter, people familiar with the matter said in March.

If F9 had been planning to hold the IPO as soon as the second quarter than Kirby's comments had nothing to do with the delay considering Q2 came and went before Kirby made them a few days ago.

OA940 wrote:
What's an IPO?

Initial Public Offering. When a company goes public and offer shares for purchase. There is a lot of science involved in determining the optimal time to offer your shares (and at what price, and how many) so it is successful and not a dud.
Last edited by Polot on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
B737900ER
Posts: 1028
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:26 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:27 pm

mariner wrote:

So far, I haven't seen any authoritative evidence that Frontier does care what UA says.

Going by Google, United should care a great deal more about what the press is saying about it - LOL.

https://skift.com/2017/07/20/united-air ... e-outlook/

"United Airlines Is Disappointing Investors With Its Mediocre Outlook"

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1423684 ... oubts.html

"United Airlines Exec Reveals 6 Reasons for Weak Guidance - But a Top Analyst Has Doubts"

http://airlinegeeks.com/2017/07/20/unit ... r-results/

"United Airlines Stock Drops, Despite Strong Second Quarter Results"

mariner

Good. I'm glad the stock it down and UA is holding the line. Finally a management team that is actually sticking to the long term plan and not making short sided decisions to please the quarter to quarter Wall Street crowd.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 8780
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:32 pm

OA940 wrote:
What's an IPO?


IPO= Initial Public Offering, a process whereby a firm that is wholly privately owned sells equity (shares) to become publicly traded. 'Bad news" in advance of the offering can depress investors' willingness to pay for shares, cutting receipts by the selling owners.
 
SFOtoORD
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm

TerminalD wrote:
cschleic wrote:
Anyone planning an IPO these days, or a large merger/acquisition, is having second thoughts until there's more clarity on tax law changes, healthcare, or anything else getting done in Washington for that matter. The financial markets hate uncertainty, and there's nothing but uncertainty right now, never mind what Scott Kirby says.

Is that why the DOW is at an all-time record? LOL

SFOtoORD wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
Why is UA picking on the little guy on the block when its WN that's eating into their market share? They already know how to offer less and shrink down the seat pitch to compete with F9. But would they really be willing to offer more leg room and free bags to fight off the much larger competitor that recently entered Denver in force? Besides, F9 has two major competitors to deal with which is naturally going to limit growth. Perhaps F9 should offer new flights at IAD.


"Picking on"? This is business, not a kindergarten playground. They're competitors and F9 shouldn't care what UA says. This thread has nothing to do with WN and UA is doing fine against them more recently in DEN.

As I said in the prior thread, it's pretty rare to trash another company's investment outlook as they are in the middle of a public financing. I assume there are no legal reasons preventing it, but from the company issuing it is known as a "quiet period" meaning they must abstain from comments that might manipulate the offering. That's why it is so low for a competitor to attempt the same.


Happens all the time and is a test for every company who has ever gone public. They just need to suck it up. Nothing special to be seen here.

Mariner - nothing you posted has anything to do with UAs comments about F9, but I'm guessing that was your way of defending F9 during their quiet period.
 
cschleic
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:47 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:58 pm

TerminalD wrote:
cschleic wrote:
Anyone planning an IPO these days, or a large merger/acquisition, is having second thoughts until there's more clarity on tax law changes, healthcare, or anything else getting done in Washington for that matter. The financial markets hate uncertainty, and there's nothing but uncertainty right now, never mind what Scott Kirby says.

Is that why the DOW is at an all-time record? LOL

The Dow is only 30 stocks out of the entire market on the NYSE, NASDAQ, etc. There's a difference between the 30 largest industrials that have been around for a long time and a new IPO. Besides, new transaction activity has slowed considerably even though the Dow has been climbing for a long time.
 
flyby519
Posts: 1583
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:31 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
What are the chances United is actually making a play for Frontier? It's a quick way to gain access to more narrow bodies, specifically 321 and knocks out a ulcc competitor. Just seems like an odd fight to pick.


United? Doubtful. But Spirit or JetBlue? More likely.

United wins by having B6 or NK remove a competitor for them. I doubt either partner would focus on DEN as much as F9 does now.
 
AMALH747430
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:48 pm

F9 can't seem to get ahead. They've gone from serving small cities in the western US, to a sort of jetBlue west (until WN moved in on their turf), to a ULCC. It seems like every time they can't their business model it's too late because someone else out there has been doing it longer and better. I with they could succeed. I really enjoyed flying them in the early-mid 2000s. A friend of mine flew them AUS-DEN last week and was very pleased, but that doesn't always pay the bills.
 
FSDan
Posts: 3348
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:06 pm

TerminalD wrote:
The delay comes as Frontier prepares to more than double routes — an expansion that drew a warning from United President Scott Kirby. He vowed to stave off any attempt by Frontier to grab a bigger share of the Denver market. The discount carrier is based in the city, which is the most profitable hub for United, the third-biggest airline in the U.S.


Anyone else think it's odd that DEN is claimed to be the most profitable hub for UA? Two LCC competitors in DEN, while on the other hand UA has IAH and EWR as fortress hubs in huge business markets...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
User avatar
mariner
Posts: 19473
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:29 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:28 pm

SFOtoORD wrote:
Mariner - nothing you posted has anything to do with UAs comments about F9, but I'm guessing that was your way of defending F9 during their quiet period.


It's a long story. I've followed Frontier since I first found 'em in 1998. I wanted to see if they could make it - they had the decks stacked dramatically against 'em. But it's been some of the best airline fun I've had in my life, always on the edge of the precipice and yet not going over. The little engine that could. Image

The end of Frontier has been predicted many, many times, especially on A.net, and yet they're still here. I like to work out why - as with the nonsense of the failed Southwest auction bid. Or why did the Midwest fiasco go so wrong? If Frontier had been making then the money it is making now, it would still be flying in the Midwest stable, and would probably have kept Republic out off Chapter 11.

The timing of the present IPO will certainly be in the hands of Frontier, but they will be heavily guided by the Investments Bankers, who will have a clear understanding of the market.

Even if it is delayed, it isn't the end of the world. It's just a small - profitable - airline - the little engine that could - and IPO's have been delayed before. I think it's an interesting situation - didn't Mr. Kirby once work for Bill Franke? Who knows what that relationship was like - LOL.

mariner
aeternum nauta
 
winginit
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 pm

FSDan wrote:
TerminalD wrote:
The delay comes as Frontier prepares to more than double routes — an expansion that drew a warning from United President Scott Kirby. He vowed to stave off any attempt by Frontier to grab a bigger share of the Denver market. The discount carrier is based in the city, which is the most profitable hub for United, the third-biggest airline in the U.S.


Anyone else think it's odd that DEN is claimed to be the most profitable hub for UA? Two LCC competitors in DEN, while on the other hand UA has IAH and EWR as fortress hubs in huge business markets...


Not too dissimilar from the most profitable hubs of the other US3 carriers (CLT for AA and SLC for DL as stated publicly by both in earnings calls). Great domestic flow hubs with low costs and a comparatively low percentage of ASMs being dedicated to less profitable international flying that can also reduce the revenue associated with the short haul segments of international O&Ds.
 
SkyVoice
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:21 pm

B737900ER wrote:
So one airline executive has that much clout that by his words alone he can prevent an entire company from offering an IPO.

Are you serious?


Good question, B737900ER, but I don't think that's what's going on here. The issuance of an IPO is the domain of investors, investment bankers, federal, state & local regulators, etc. Being flamed by a "competitor" won't make a fledgling public corporation back down. In fact, it may turn out to be like "bulletin board material" that sports teams use for motivation!
"Tough times never last. Tough people do." - Dr. Robert H. Schuller
 
winginit
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:46 pm

TerminalD wrote:
I said that UA's statement to try to influence the F9 IPO was fairly inappropriate and now F9 has seemingly delayed the IPO. I wonder how that is all tied together. It's not a coincidence.


I can assure you it is very much a coincidence. As many others have now rightly pointed out, the off the cuff comments made by a competitor's leadership is not going to influence IPO timing.
 
F9Animal
Posts: 4481
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:13 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:27 am

AMALH747430 wrote:
F9 can't seem to get ahead. They've gone from serving small cities in the western US, to a sort of jetBlue west (until WN moved in on their turf), to a ULCC. It seems like every time they can't their business model it's too late because someone else out there has been doing it longer and better. I with they could succeed. I really enjoyed flying them in the early-mid 2000s. A friend of mine flew them AUS-DEN last week and was very pleased, but that doesn't always pay the bills.


Actually, they are getting ahead. They are making profits. Indigo isn't about losing money, that's for sure. The airline is now creeping up on 70 aircraft! If I compare another airline with a similar fleet size, Virgin America comes to mind. Now, if we compare the Virgin route map with Frontiers, it's incredible. I never in my wildest imagination thought I would see Frontier serving as many cities as it does now.

As for Kirby making that comment... Really? Wow... I get the competition thing, but he really needs to focus on United. I am sure Frontier could easily make a statement in defense if it wanted to. Something along the lines of, "we don't beat our passengers, we win them with low fares done right." It must be great to be a huge airline with bully mentality.
I Am A Different Animal!!
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9524
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 am

I think Kirby's comments were likely very much about United. Disparaging F9's business model and touting their success at combating it is as much about improving the outlook of UA as anything, imho.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
globalcabotage
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:20 am

Kirby is trying to turn UA into a T-Mobile type environment, but he's loosing customers, not gaining them.
 
SFOtoORD
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:25 am

globalcabotage wrote:
Kirby is trying to turn UA into a T-Mobile type environment, but he's loosing customers, not gaining them.


Do you have some data to point to Kirby "loosing" customers or is this you presenting your opinion as fact?
 
B737900ER
Posts: 1028
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:26 am

Re: Frontier Delays IPO After United Said F9 Strategy "Failing"

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:24 am

globalcabotage wrote:
Kirby is trying to turn UA into a T-Mobile type environment, but he's loosing customers, not gaining them.

Good thing they lost all those passengers. Those 100% load factors this summer would have looked uglier if not for that exodus of customers

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos