Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
alm1
Topic Author
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:54 pm

airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:32 pm

They say it took only one hour to enter revenue service after delivery flight landed. I think it usually takes days if not weeks.

The long-awaited and exciting Friday is finally here…
However, this is not just a regular Friday for airBaltic. Not only did our new aircraft, the 6th Bombardier CS300 join our fleet, we also hit a world record today! The new aircraft landed in Riga at 11:15am and welcomed its first ever passengers on board at 12:17am already. The Riga-Zurich flight was the first of many more to come… Cheers to more Fridays like this!
 
Dash9
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I also understood this as a record regarless of the aircraft type. But then when you keep reading it appears to be a record for the CS300.... If thats the case then there isn't much to brag in terms of 'world record' as there are only a handfull of CS300 delivered to two operators,

"It is the first time that a turnaround for an inaugural CS300 commercial flight has been carried out so promptly."

Still a turnaround of less than an hour on delivery is quite impressive..... but a world record regardless of aircraft type? not sure...
source: https://airinsight.com/airbaltics-growi ... nce-cs300/
 
User avatar
litz
Posts: 2368
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:01 am

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 pm

If it comes to you ready to go, and all you gotta do is fuel it and load the catering, why would you wait?

esp. if you've already received several of the type and know what to do ....
 
User avatar
TheLion
Posts: 691
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:08 pm

11:15am to 12:17am is actually 13 hours... ;)
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:16 pm

I think the limiting factor is the boarding process itself. 30 minute turns are probably possible in a CS300. So they could not get this record down to 375 milliseconds or anything, but maybe 35 minutes is possible. But they would have to load catering, bags and passengers in that time.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2994
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Very impressive, I know ET was also very quick on their terrible teen 787 deliveries.
 
alm1
Topic Author
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 pm

TheLion wrote:
11:15am to 12:17am is actually 13 hours... ;)


I think that's an error in their post as flightradar shows YL-CSF has departed at 12:17 PM
 
User avatar
TheLion
Posts: 691
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:48 pm

alm1 wrote:
TheLion wrote:
11:15am to 12:17am is actually 13 hours... ;)


I think that's an error in their post as flightradar shows YL-CSF has departed at 12:17 PM


Fair dos.
 
7673mech
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:10 am

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 am

Impressive turn.
They obviously did their post delivery work in Canada or Bombardier did it for them.
Typically emergency equipment, company manuals, emergency cards, mags get loaded.
I suppose with coordination and manpower anything is possible. It's not a super big airplane.
 
migair54
Posts: 2445
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 am

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:25 am

I am not sure but I heard once that EK did a flight from SEA to DXB with a B77W that was just delivered by Boeing, I am not sure if that can be the case.
 
StTim
Posts: 3733
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 am

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:06 am

There was also the Air Mauritius (I think) who took delivery of an A350 in TLS, performed a delivery flight to CDG and then turned it around and flew a revenue service home.
 
Fitlikemin
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 am

TheLion wrote:
alm1 wrote:
TheLion wrote:
11:15am to 12:17am is actually 13 hours... ;)


I think that's an error in their post as flightradar shows YL-CSF has departed at 12:17 PM


Fair dos.


Hey, I laughed! :D
 
VSMUT
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: airBaltic claims world record time between delivery and entering service

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 am

Dash9 wrote:
I also understood this as a record regarless of the aircraft type. But then when you keep reading it appears to be a record for the CS300.... If thats the case then there isn't much to brag in terms of 'world record' as there are only a handfull of CS300 delivered to two operators,

"It is the first time that a turnaround for an inaugural CS300 commercial flight has been carried out so promptly."

Still a turnaround of less than an hour on delivery is quite impressive..... but a world record regardless of aircraft type? not sure...
source: https://airinsight.com/airbaltics-growi ... nce-cs300/


It's a record for a newly delivered aircraft, not just a turnaround in general.

7673mech wrote:
Impressive turn.
They obviously did their post delivery work in Canada or Bombardier did it for them.
Typically emergency equipment, company manuals, emergency cards, mags get loaded.
I suppose with coordination and manpower anything is possible. It's not a super big airplane.


Although they could have taken it aboard in Canada and just distributed it during the ferry flight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos