Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
chiraagnt
Topic Author
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:38 am

Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 am

On 25th July, Scoot and Tigerair officially completed their integration and announced the launch of 5 new destinations, including their first destination in the United States. The 5 destinations are Harbin, Kuantan, Kuching, Palembang and Honolulu, its first stop in the United States.

The airline also unveiled a new cabin crew uniform on Tuesday (July 25), along with new livery on its first A320 aircraft.

SIA took Tigerair private last year as part of a larger plan to drive deeper cooperation and synergy between the group's different carriers in the face of mounting competition.


Scoot, via its official website, announced (25-Jul-2017) Scoot and Tigerair merged on 25-Jul-2017 and now operate under the Scoot brand. The combined carrier serves 60 destinations with a fleet of two A319, 21 A320, eight Boeing 787-8 and six 787-9 aircraft with 39 A320neos, two 787-8s and four 787-9s on order, according to OAG and the CAPA Fleet Database.


Will the combined Scoot be an effective competitor to DY and the AirAsia Group, both in the short haul Asian market and long haul markets to Europe and United States? Asian budget aviation is rapidly developing! Other than NokScoot, any other Scoot affiliates may be launched?

Sources:
https://centreforaviation.com/news/scoo ... ger-696210
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t ... nd-kuching
 
BestWestern
Posts: 8358
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:19 am

The fear of stepping on the toes of SQ long haul is resulting in HNL via Japan routes, which makes no sense at all. SIN Europe seems to be quietly disappearing from focus also with ATH frequencies slowly reducing.

Is the 787 the right aircraft for flights to China?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 am

They started repainting the A320 fleet:

Image
https://twitter.com/winglets747/status/ ... 390022656/
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
TheGeordielad
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:22 am

KarelXWB wrote:
They started repainting the A320 fleet:

Image
https://twitter.com/winglets747/status/ ... 390022656/

Looks great
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 11045
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:24 am

BestWestern wrote:
The fear of stepping on the toes of SQ long haul is resulting in HNL via Japan routes, which makes no sense at all.

It makes perfect sense. Japan-HNL is a huge market, and I doubt their dense 787s could make it to HNL nonstop.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 4832
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:58 am

Via Japan to HNL? Did they justreplicated the AirAsia route? And seems like both of them are using KIX in Japan too
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.
 
User avatar
MrHMSH
Posts: 2705
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:21 am

I didn't think they had A320neos on order? I can't see it listed anywhere...
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:28 am

MrHMSH wrote:
I didn't think they had A320neos on order? I can't see it listed anywhere...


Tigerair ordered 37 A320neo aircraft + 13 options in 2014, and converted two A320ceo to A320neo in 2015, bringing total outstanding NEO orders to 39.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
n757kw
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:08 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:09 pm

I wonder if Scoot will replace Silkair on Singapore to Palembang or in addition to. Right now, Silkair and Jetstar operate to Palembang 3 times a week each.

N757KW
"What we've got here, is failure to communicate." from Cool Hand Luke
 
juliuswong
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:52 pm

n757kw wrote:
I wonder if Scoot will replace Silkair on Singapore to Palembang or in addition to. Right now, Silkair and Jetstar operate to Palembang 3 times a week each.

N757KW

Scoot is replacing MI on both KCH and PLM.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
col
Posts: 1707
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:11 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Maybe we will see the 320 back on more MI routes, please.
 
B-HOP
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2000 8:09 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Just wonder di CI BOUGHT off Taiwan Tigerair, did Taiwan Tiger still cooperate with Scoot, would be a good feed if Taiwan Tiger be able to feed the HNL flights in Osaka? How is Athens performing? Any more Europe routes soon.
Live life to max!!!
 
User avatar
CanadaFair
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Would a third long hauler work out for SQ by transferring A330s to Silk?
 
calt03
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:03 pm

They should just brand Silkair air as SQ Silk, drop the different livery, and integrate into SQ mainline.
 
hayzel777
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:27 pm

B-HOP wrote:
Just wonder di CI BOUGHT off Taiwan Tigerair, did Taiwan Tiger still cooperate with Scoot, would be a good feed if Taiwan Tiger be able to feed the HNL flights in Osaka? How is Athens performing? Any more Europe routes soon.

TIgerair Taiwan is 100% owned by CI. They only have a licensing deal for the Tigerair name, uniform, and rest of the items.
CI already flies to HNL nonstop, I don't think they will allow customers to be stolen away by going through KIX.
 
raylee67
Posts: 955
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Long haul to US would be difficult. Many full service airlines are doing cut throat pricing on trans-Pacific economy class. Scoot probably cannot undercut prices by a lot. And Singapore is not exactly well positioned geographically for US-Asia connection traffic.
319/20/21 332/33 342/43/45 359/51 388 707 717 732/36/3G/38/39 74R/42/43/44/4E/48 757 762/63 772/7L/73/7W 788/89 D10 M80 135/40/45 175/90 DH1/4 CRJ/R7 L10
AY LH OU SR BA FI LX
AA DL UA NW AC CP WS FL NK PD
CI NH SQ KA CX JL BR OZ TG KE CA CZ NZ JQ RS
 
abrelosojos
Posts: 4322
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:48 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:53 am

SIN-KIX-HNL baffles me.

Saludos,
Alex
Live, and let live.
 
smi0006
Posts: 2589
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:48 am

hayzel777 wrote:
B-HOP wrote:
Just wonder di CI BOUGHT off Taiwan Tigerair, did Taiwan Tiger still cooperate with Scoot, would be a good feed if Taiwan Tiger be able to feed the HNL flights in Osaka? How is Athens performing? Any more Europe routes soon.

TIgerair Taiwan is 100% owned by CI. They only have a licensing deal for the Tigerair name, uniform, and rest of the items.
CI already flies to HNL nonstop, I don't think they will allow customers to be stolen away by going through KIX.


Is VA still paying the same licensing fee for TigerAU? Seems little value now the brand has shrunk so much. How many Tiger franchises are there? And SCOOTs too?
 
chiraagnt
Topic Author
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:38 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:07 am

raylee67 wrote:
Long haul to US would be difficult. Many full service airlines are doing cut throat pricing on trans-Pacific economy class. Scoot probably cannot undercut prices by a lot. And Singapore is not exactly well positioned geographically for US-Asia connection traffic.


Transpac is cut throat right now with low fares to LAX and SFO but HNL still remains a relatively expensive destination to visit from South East Asia compared to the others despite the shorter flight times. Looking forward to cheaper fares now with AirAsia's and Scoot's entry into the market :)
 
a320fan
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:04 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:59 am

smi0006 wrote:
hayzel777 wrote:
B-HOP wrote:
Just wonder di CI BOUGHT off Taiwan Tigerair, did Taiwan Tiger still cooperate with Scoot, would be a good feed if Taiwan Tiger be able to feed the HNL flights in Osaka? How is Athens performing? Any more Europe routes soon.

TIgerair Taiwan is 100% owned by CI. They only have a licensing deal for the Tigerair name, uniform, and rest of the items.
CI already flies to HNL nonstop, I don't think they will allow customers to be stolen away by going through KIX.


Is VA still paying the same licensing fee for TigerAU? Seems little value now the brand has shrunk so much. How many Tiger franchises are there? And SCOOTs too?

Haven't heard that they have stopped paying the liscencing, but then I have no inside intel. A smart business would certainly question it when the core brand has just been retired. If they are still gonna be paying to use the brand they might as well brand the Aus operation Scoot. Tiger has a terrible reputation in Australia after its early delay prone operations, 2011 safety grounding and just when it seemed to be recovering the Bali debacle. Scoot his looked at quite favourably in Aus.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400
 
User avatar
CanadaFair
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:06 am

smi0006 wrote:
How many Tiger franchises are there? And SCOOTs too?


NokScoot
Tigerair Taiwan
Tigerair Australia

With Tiger gone no point in franchises being around.
 
User avatar
flee
Posts: 1398
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 am

Re: Scoot and TigerAir complete integration, launch 5 new destinations

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:28 am

a320fan wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
hayzel777 wrote:
TIgerair Taiwan is 100% owned by CI. They only have a licensing deal for the Tigerair name, uniform, and rest of the items.
CI already flies to HNL nonstop, I don't think they will allow customers to be stolen away by going through KIX.


Is VA still paying the same licensing fee for TigerAU? Seems little value now the brand has shrunk so much. How many Tiger franchises are there? And SCOOTs too?

Haven't heard that they have stopped paying the liscencing, but then I have no inside intel. A smart business would certainly question it when the core brand has just been retired. If they are still gonna be paying to use the brand they might as well brand the Aus operation Scoot. Tiger has a terrible reputation in Australia after its early delay prone operations, 2011 safety grounding and just when it seemed to be recovering the Bali debacle. Scoot his looked at quite favourably in Aus.

The franchise might be varied to now carry the Scoot branding.

Afterall, Scoot A320s are still flying Tigerair SG's routes and using their ICAO and IATA codes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos