BelAviaFan
Topic Author
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:14 pm

180 passengers had a very bad surprise on Monday 24 July afternoon. Their flight FR4567 back to Brussels South Charleroi (CRL) from Figari, Corsica (FSC) was cancelled. The incoming flight FR4566 Charleroi-Figari had been diverted to Bastia (BIA) because of a forest fire. And instead of finding an alternative for the passengers, Ryanair left them alone to find a solution.

http://www.luchtzak.be/airlines/ryanair ... ternative/

Tsss Ryanair! At least proper airlines would do everything possible to bring the stranded passengers back!!
Last edited by atcsundevil on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened title
BelAviaFan: Belgian Aviation Fan
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Absolutely disgusting. Airlines have the OBLIGATION to get passengers to their final destination.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
TC957
Posts: 3513
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:40 pm

It's Ryanair - what do people expect. Book cheap and you get what you pay for - nothing when things go tits-up.
They will say the forest fires aren't our fault, so there.
 
Waterbomber
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm

In case of IRROPS, Ryanair is quite creative. They have a lot of bases and an airborne workforce that is flexible.
In this case, even though the aircraft repositioned later, the aircraft was probably used for another flight that was also undergoing the same issues.

I've been in a similar case with FR recently, outbound flight delayed 5 hours due to a pressurisation issue on the inbound aircraft, that actually took 12 hours to resolve.
Still, I was provided with a single meal voucher after insisting a bit and waiting over an hour and Ryanair delayed another flight by 5 hours in order to get us to destination and avoid that those waiting on the other end would have to be put in hotels.

However, for an airport closure due to wildfires, it's an external factor so FR can cancel the flight and reimburse. They're still responsible for care, so it's in their best interest to find a solution for the pax. Ryanair will rebook you on another flight even if city pairs are different, without charge if seats are available.

I think that when you fly out of destinations that are flown with lower frequencies and little alternatives, as a pax you need to allow for some slack to avoid such situations.

Proper airlines will do the same, they'll just rebook you, give you no care, barely or make empty promises such as reimbursements and claim act of god to avoid paying compensation.
 
User avatar
atypical
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
Absolutely disgusting. Airlines have the OBLIGATION to get passengers to their final destination.


The only obligation any company has is to provide products and or service for payment received. If the contract allows and the company refunds that money then there is no more obligation because there is no longer any payment. Whether we like it or not is immaterial to the realities. The only way to get it changed it to amend the laws which the airline flies under.
 
by738
Posts: 2997
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:59 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:37 pm

.... and shouldnt fly low cost if you expect legacy style goodies for a €20 flight.
 
Bhoy
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 pm

atypical wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
Absolutely disgusting. Airlines have the OBLIGATION to get passengers to their final destination.


The only obligation any company has is to provide products and or service for payment received. If the contract allows and the company refunds that money then there is no more obligation because there is no longer any payment. Whether we like it or not is immaterial to the realities. The only way to get it changed it to amend the laws which the airline flies under.

Article 8 of EU 261(2004) [right to customers choice of full reimbursement or rerouting at earliest convenience] still applies when a flight is cancelled due to an act of god.
 
User avatar
Embajador3
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:28 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:56 pm

I am so surprised to see how fast some of you guys jump on FR's back over issues like this. I am not excusing them (God forbid) but so many other "legacy" airlines do things like that, yet I hear nothing from you.
Only a few days ago I was left stranded at TFN by a "legacy" airline, after my connecting flight to GMZ was cancelled. Guess what? I had to find my own accomodation and pay for my own meals while there. Issues like that happen all the time, so stop the bashing at FR.
Flying Together
 
User avatar
KTPAFlyer
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:09 pm

C'est Ryanair
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2883
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:13 pm

The fire likely prevented any flights from coming in. That said, hotel booking should have been done.
 
AirbusMDCFAN
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:51 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:25 pm

While certainly not FR here is another example of a ULCC stranding 200 people headed to OKC: http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/07/2 ... rsday.html
 
User avatar
thekorean
Posts: 1771
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Another lesson in why you should always have emergency fund when going on a trip far away.
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Embajador3 wrote:
I am so surprised to see how fast some of you guys jump on FR's back over issues like this. I am not excusing them (God forbid) but so many other "legacy" airlines do things like that, yet I hear nothing from you.
Only a few days ago I was left stranded at TFN by a "legacy" airline, after my connecting flight to GMZ was cancelled. Guess what? I had to find my own accomodation and pay for my own meals while there. Issues like that happen all the time, so stop the bashing at FR.

No one is expecting FR to do more than that, the problem was they were originally expected to find theit own way home. I've never heard of a legacy doing that.
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Waterbomber wrote:
In case of IRROPS, Ryanair is quite creative. They have a lot of bases and an airborne workforce that is flexible.
In this case, even though the aircraft repositioned later, the aircraft was probably used for another flight that was also undergoing the same issues.

I've been in a similar case with FR recently, outbound flight delayed 5 hours due to a pressurisation issue on the inbound aircraft, that actually took 12 hours to resolve.
Still, I was provided with a single meal voucher after insisting a bit and waiting over an hour and Ryanair delayed another flight by 5 hours in order to get us to destination and avoid that those waiting on the other end would have to be put in hotels.

However, for an airport closure due to wildfires, it's an external factor so FR can cancel the flight and reimburse. They're still responsible for care, so it's in their best interest to find a solution for the pax. Ryanair will rebook you on another flight even if city pairs are different, without charge if seats are available.

I think that when you fly out of destinations that are flown with lower frequencies and little alternatives, as a pax you need to allow for some slack to avoid such situations.

Proper airlines will do the same, they'll just rebook you, give you no care, barely or make empty promises such as reimbursements and claim act of god to avoid paying compensation.

The problem wasn't lack of "care", the problem was they wouldn't rebook.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 3921
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Ryanair could have put the passengers on the ferry from Porto Vecchio to Porto Torres. Porto Vecchio is near Figari where the stranded passengers are. Porto Torres is near Alghero which is another Ryanair base. They can then fly them back from Alghero.
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
I've never heard of a legacy doing that.


I ve seen Iberia doing that...with my eyes.
 
User avatar
Embajador3
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:28 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
Embajador3 wrote:
I am so surprised to see how fast some of you guys jump on FR's back over issues like this. I am not excusing them (God forbid) but so many other "legacy" airlines do things like that, yet I hear nothing from you.
Only a few days ago I was left stranded at TFN by a "legacy" airline, after my connecting flight to GMZ was cancelled. Guess what? I had to find my own accomodation and pay for my own meals while there. Issues like that happen all the time, so stop the bashing at FR.

No one is expecting FR to do more than that, the problem was they were originally expected to find theit own way home. I've never heard of a legacy doing that.

Really? try NT. You'll love them.
Flying Together
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Well what do people expect when you pay peanuts... First class service?!? Well done FR...

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
Waterbomber
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:06 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
Ryanair could have put the passengers on the ferry from Porto Vecchio to Porto Torres. Porto Vecchio is near Figari where the stranded passengers are. Porto Torres is near Alghero which is another Ryanair base. They can then fly them back from Alghero.


It's not as simple as you state it. You need to bus those people to the port, book their ferries, organise another bus from Porto Torres.
That's a 1 day journey that you're describing there and that's if everything goes smoothly.
In addition, it's high season so Alghero flights are packed to the gills, they are low frequency (3 weekly to CRL I believe) and AHO is a black swan for Ryanair when it comes to IRROPS. I think that Ryanair may drop AHO just for the shear amount of IRROPS that they're experiencing there relative to the size of their operations.
Lots of breakdowns, including birdstrikes.
By the way, the flight I was talking about earlier in the thread where I got stuck for 5 hours was coincidentally a flight from AHO.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4151
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:10 pm

And this my friends, sums up why I don't fly Ryanair...
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
AWACSooner
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 pm

Can't FR use that sole 73G that's used for pilot training for a rescue flight?
 
Ugly51
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:48 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 am

Ryanair, they really are the dregs on the European arline business.
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 am

Jayafe wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
I've never heard of a legacy doing that.


I ve seen Iberia doing that...with my eyes.


I am not denying you experience, but I was once on a canceled IB flight on which passengers were offered accommodation on the next available flight, which in some cases was a few days wait. I latter read passages comments in forums in which the insited no rebooking was offered. I think the fact that a few days wait was "unacceptable" to them was translated into "nothing was offered".
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 am

Embajador3 wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
Embajador3 wrote:
I am so surprised to see how fast some of you guys jump on FR's back over issues like this. I am not excusing them (God forbid) but so many other "legacy" airlines do things like that, yet I hear nothing from you.
Only a few days ago I was left stranded at TFN by a "legacy" airline, after my connecting flight to GMZ was cancelled. Guess what? I had to find my own accomodation and pay for my own meals while there. Issues like that happen all the time, so stop the bashing at FR.

No one is expecting FR to do more than that, the problem was they were originally expected to find theit own way home. I've never heard of a legacy doing that.

Really? try NT. You'll love them.

Not a LCC, but not what most think of when the term legacy is used on this site.

I don't know if there is an official definition of legacy in Europe, but in the US it is the airlines that held interstate route authorities before deregulation, so AA,DL,UA,AS, and HA
 
User avatar
Embajador3
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:28 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:27 am

Aliqiout wrote:
Embajador3 wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
No one is expecting FR to do more than that, the problem was they were originally expected to find theit own way home. I've never heard of a legacy doing that.

Really? try NT. You'll love them.

Not a LCC, but not what most think of when the term legacy is used on this site.

I don't know if there is an official definition of legacy in Europe, but in the US it is the airlines that held interstate route authorities before deregulation, so AA,DL,UA,AS, and HA

I do not agree with you. In Europe legacy airlines are any traditional airline with some history related to the airport, region or country where they are based. NT was the first airline to connect the Canary islands, and was once part of Iberia. They also won, several times already, the regional airline award for best service. I call that a legacy airline.
Flying Together
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:10 am

Embajador3 wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
Embajador3 wrote:
Really? try NT. You'll love them.

Not a LCC, but not what most think of when the term legacy is used on this site.

I don't know if there is an official definition of legacy in Europe, but in the US it is the airlines that held interstate route authorities before deregulation, so AA,DL,UA,AS, and HA

I do not agree with you. In Europe legacy airlines are any traditional airline with some history related to the airport, region or country where they are based. NT was the first airline to connect the Canary islands, and was once part of Iberia. They also won, several times already, the regional airline award for best service. I call that a legacy airline.

You don't agree with what?
 
Pampot70
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:01 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:40 am

EK413 wrote:
Well what do people expect when you pay peanuts... First class service?!? Well done FR...

EK413


Well you pay peanuts you should at least get peanuts, i.e. rebooked at the earliest convenience to the same leg, as per the EU rule stated above.
A one side contract cancellation is a big no-no and I hope for hefty consequences against FR - I am optimistic, I know
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2383
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:19 am

Jayafe wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
I've never heard of a legacy doing that.


I ve seen Iberia doing that...with my eyes.


And Alitalia. And Olympic. And TK.
 
debonair
Posts: 3535
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:11 am

Bhoy wrote:
atypical wrote:
Article 8 of EU 261(2004) [right to customers choice of full reimbursement or rerouting at earliest convenience] still applies when a flight is cancelled due to an act of god.


Exactly that is the problem - Ryanair will offer rerouting, but what do you expect during summer holidays and such an "exotic" route which is only served 6 times a week? So the next available seat might be in 3 or even 4 days time...
 
downdata
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:38 am

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:47 am

Maybe they paid $5 for their tickets :bouncy:
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:51 am

downdata wrote:
Maybe they paid $5 for their tickets :bouncy:


That's a FR problem. If they wont follow compensation regulations selling tickets that cheap, they shouldnt do so. I dont care about the price, they need to follow the rules selling tickets at $5 or $500, same they do with security, which no one would tolerate being reduced "because of the price of the ticket", that is a fallacious argument.
 
User avatar
Embajador3
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:28 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
Embajador3 wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
Not a LCC, but not what most think of when the term legacy is used on this site.

I don't know if there is an official definition of legacy in Europe, but in the US it is the airlines that held interstate route authorities before deregulation, so AA,DL,UA,AS, and HA

I do not agree with you. In Europe legacy airlines are any traditional airline with some history related to the airport, region or country where they are based. NT was the first airline to connect the Canary islands, and was once part of Iberia. They also won, several times already, the regional airline award for best service. I call that a legacy airline.

You don't agree with what?

I do not agree with what you said
Flying Together
 
phxsanslcpdx
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Original article was updated today (26 Jul) with a statement from Ryanair: “This flight from Figari to Brussels Charleroi (24 Jul) was regrettably cancelled after the inbound aircraft was unable to land at Figari due to strong winds. Affected customers were provided with refreshment vouchers and overnight hotel accommodation and boarded a replacement flight which departed to Brussels the following day. Ryanair sincerely apologised to all customers affected by this cancellation.”
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Embajador3 wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
Embajador3 wrote:
I do not agree with you. In Europe legacy airlines are any traditional airline with some history related to the airport, region or country where they are based. NT was the first airline to connect the Canary islands, and was once part of Iberia. They also won, several times already, the regional airline award for best service. I call that a legacy airline.

You don't agree with what?

I do not agree with what you said

The only definitive statement I made is the technical definition of a legacy in the U.S. Your post is all about NT so I am confused.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11839
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:12 pm

So let's say Ryanair would have done the right thing and offered to book me on a flight several days later. I don't mind, I've got my computer and phone, I don't need anything else to work. Would Ryanair pay for several hotel's nights ?

edit : it seems Ryanair did everything right after all.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
makozi
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:59 am

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 pm

I feel a little condescending having to say this, but you get what you pay for.

You're being transported at 550mph to cities hundreds or even thousands of miles away, on a technological marvel that costs millions and millions of dollars, piloted by people who trained for years, in airspace controlled by highly-skilled operators and multi-billion dollar tracking equipment, burning expensive jet fuel and departing and arriving from comfortable airports with expensive security and maintenance concerns.

...and you want to do all this for the cost of a pair of jeans?
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:41 pm

makozi wrote:
I feel a little condescending having to say this, but you get what you pay for.

...

...and you want to do all this for the cost of a pair of jeans?


When you are in the aviation market, there are some standards that you need to meet, that are related to security, passenger compensations, etc.

If you cant comply for the cost you want to offer, you can simply no offer it.

A car manufacturer can not sell a car without seat belts just because you are going to sell it cheap. And deny any responsibility because the customer paid a low price.
 
User avatar
makozi
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:59 am

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:53 pm

It's not like selling a car without seat belts. The whole reason Ryanair et al cut down customer services is precisely because they're not allowed to cut back on safety.

A better analogy would be someone buying a Dacia, expecting it to be as well equipped and comfortable as a Lexus, and then complaining loudly about the perceived cruelty of it all.

If you don't want to get abandoned when things go wrong, don't fly on Ryanair. I don't fly with them for exactly this reason, unless there's absolutely no alternative.
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:56 pm

The problem comes when FR tries to cut in a part of customer service that, by law, is not allowed to cut. It is not about premium services or helpful advice, it is a minimum regulated service, and they simply can not go that far (altough they try).
 
AirbusOnly
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:06 am

Re: Ryanair cancels a flight from Corsica and … and lets its passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
And this my friends, sums up why I don't fly Ryanair...


Completely agree with you and to supplement with it: that's why I will NEVER fly any LCC or ULCC
 
User avatar
makozi
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:59 am

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Jayafe wrote:
it is a minimum regulated service, and they simply can not go that far (altough they try).


That's where governments should step in with stronger regulation. But, just like with minimum seat pitch, they won't because aviation is still in the US 1980s free market mindset, and won't tolerate anything that increases ticket prices.
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:57 pm

phxsanslcpdx wrote:
Original article was updated today (26 Jul) with a statement from Ryanair: “This flight from Figari to Brussels Charleroi (24 Jul) was regrettably cancelled after the inbound aircraft was unable to land at Figari due to strong winds. Affected customers were provided with refreshment vouchers and overnight hotel accommodation and boarded a replacement flight which departed to Brussels the following day. Ryanair sincerely apologised to all customers affected by this cancellation.”


So according to Ryanair, this is weather related (therefore extraordinary circumstances) and passengers wont get any compensation, in lin with EU regulations.

But if others claim aircraft were landing and departing, then passengers on this flight might argue they are entitled to a compensation, which for their flight would be 250 Euros each.

Aesma wrote:
So let's say Ryanair would have done the right thing and offered to book me on a flight several days later. I don't mind, I've got my computer and phone, I don't need anything else to work. Would Ryanair pay for several hotel's nights ?


No. Apart from the compensation of 250 Euros (if not weather related), you won't get anything else.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
Waterbomber
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
phxsanslcpdx wrote:
Original article was updated today (26 Jul) with a statement from Ryanair: “This flight from Figari to Brussels Charleroi (24 Jul) was regrettably cancelled after the inbound aircraft was unable to land at Figari due to strong winds. Affected customers were provided with refreshment vouchers and overnight hotel accommodation and boarded a replacement flight which departed to Brussels the following day. Ryanair sincerely apologised to all customers affected by this cancellation.”


So according to Ryanair, this is weather related (therefore extraordinary circumstances) and passengers wont get any compensation, in lin with EU regulations.

But if others claim aircraft were landing and departing, then passengers on this flight might argue they are entitled to a compensation, which for their flight would be 250 Euros each.

Aesma wrote:
So let's say Ryanair would have done the right thing and offered to book me on a flight several days later. I don't mind, I've got my computer and phone, I don't need anything else to work. Would Ryanair pay for several hotel's nights ?


No. Apart from the compensation of 250 Euros (if not weather related), you won't get anything else.


It s the other way around. You wont get the 250 euro s if force majeure, but you always have the right of care, including hotel accommodation if required.
 
BelAviaFan
Topic Author
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Ryanair cancels flight and lets passengers find an alternative by themselves

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Ryanair at it again! Letting passengers dry out in a hot aircraft without air conditioning and this for many hours! They offered water to some passengers, most of them had to pay for it!

http://www.luchtzak.be/airlines/ryanair ... p-to-40-c/
BelAviaFan: Belgian Aviation Fan

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos