SCQ83
Posts: 5061
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: First Joon routes announced

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:07 am

TYCOON wrote:
IAG does very much the same, with Iberia Express and Iberia flying same routes... IB Express/Level were set up to benefit from lowering operating costs that IB... so very little difference with the set up here with Joon. And there are a number of routes where IB, IB Express and Vueling fly : Madrid - Ibiza comes to mind... among others. Madrid-Nice flown by both IB and IB Express.... I could go on. So this model has been adopted in the past by others... I don't really see too much difference here.


Iberia Express and Iberia are marketed the same. Other than the "Express" for the average passenger, it is the same.

Air France and JOON are two completely different brands.

And I mentioned that yes, Vueling has some routes out of MAD which are mostly from the pre-IAG times and/or pre-I2 times, where VY could compete with other carriers like easyJet. But VY is very marginal at MAD and some of those routes have already been swapped from VY to I2 (for instance MAD-OTP which used to be Vueling and it is now Iberia Express). Those are the routes:

- Barcelona: VY base.
- Rome-FCO: VY base.
- Paris-CDG: VY base.
- Florence: IB (other than YW) has no planes to land there

And then Ibiza and Menorca in summer which are very particular markets; super seasonal and (specially Ibiza) cannot get enough capacity. You could fill an Antonov from a Kyrgyz carrier at 3 AM in August in Madrid-Ibiza and it would get full; brand recognition or market segmentation here is completely irrelevant.
 
TYCOON
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: First Joon routes announced

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:17 am

SCQ83 wrote:
TYCOON wrote:
IAG does very much the same, with Iberia Express and Iberia flying same routes... IB Express/Level were set up to benefit from lowering operating costs that IB... so very little difference with the set up here with Joon. And there are a number of routes where IB, IB Express and Vueling fly : Madrid - Ibiza comes to mind... among others. Madrid-Nice flown by both IB and IB Express.... I could go on. So this model has been adopted in the past by others... I don't really see too much difference here.


Iberia Express and Iberia are marketed the same. Other than the "Express" for the average passenger, it is the same.

Air France and JOON are two completely different brands.

And I mentioned that yes, Vueling has some routes out of MAD which are mostly from the pre-IAG times and/or pre-I2 times, where VY could compete with other carriers like easyJet. But VY is very marginal at MAD and some of those routes have already been swapped from VY to I2 (for instance MAD-OTP which used to be Vueling and it is now Iberia Express). Those are the routes:

- Barcelona: VY base.
- Rome-FCO: VY base.
- Paris-CDG: VY base.
- Florence: IB (other than YW) has no planes to land there

And then Ibiza and Menorca in summer which are very particular markets; super seasonal and (specially Ibiza) cannot get enough capacity. You could fill an Antonov from a Kyrgyz carrier at 3 AM in August in Madrid-Ibiza and it would get full; brand recognition or market segmentation here is completely irrelevant.


Marketed the same, but service is not the same. Booked IB business class Madrid - Nice last June and wound up on an IB Express flight... service definitely a downgrade from mainline IB -so definitely not the same. Joon isn't even flying yet, and I will bet that we will see something similar to IB / IB Express when operations are up and running (at least on the medium haul traffic).
 
KentB27
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Re: First Joon routes announced

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:28 pm

Anytime a product that claims it is "specifically marketed to millennials" is a dead giveaway that the folks who came up with it aren't millennials and didn't talk to any millennials before launching the product. If millennials were the ones calling the shots then there would be no need to go out their way to say it's specifically tailored for millennials. As a millennial myself I find it quite comical that Boomers and Gen X'ers think they know what millennials want.
 
by738
Posts: 2908
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:59 am

Re: First Joon routes announced

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:34 pm

 
User avatar
ro1960
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:19 am

Re: First Joon routes announced

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Will Joon operate from the low cost T3 terminal?

I'm actually surprised it's not using ORY which is more leisure destinations oriented and cheaper to get to.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: First Joon routes announced

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:31 am

"During the summer 2018 season, it will induct its first widebody equipment in the form of three or four A340-300s."

Seriously?
 
User avatar
FlyRow
Topic Author
Posts: 639
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Re: First Joon routes announced

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:41 am

Great, we can still fly a340-300's then. And maybe by then the a340 is considered retro and that plays right in to the millenials book ..sigh...
F70-F100-RJ85-RJ70-E190-319-320-321-733-734-735-737-738-752-753-763-764-772-744-380
 
User avatar
ro1960
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:19 am

Re: First Joon routes announced

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:23 am

Jayafe wrote:
"During the summer 2018 season, it will induct its first widebody equipment in the form of three or four A340-300s."

Seriously?


Could these be retired AF aircraft? I believe they're supposed to be all gone by 2019.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports
 
by738
Posts: 2908
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:59 am

Re: First Joon routes announced

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:25 am

ro1960 wrote:
Could these be retired AF aircraft? I believe they're supposed to be all gone by 2019.

I dont think there is much doubt...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos