Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

boeing77787
Topic Author

LH at TPA - chance of going mainline?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:40 pm

I've heard the premium cabin has been doing well on the FRA route. Any information out there about it going mainline? It'd be great to see the LH livery at TPA.

axiom

Re: LH at TPA - chance of going mainline?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Word from local ops is that the change will happen next spring/summer, but there's nothing official (/public) in the schedule as yet. Load factors seem very robust from what the TPA contingent have been sharing over the last year.

UA777EWRTLV

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:44 pm

I have taken many trips on LH "Mainline", but I have never flown on LH's cityline/jump subsidiary (or whatever it's called); from a customer perspective, is there any difference, other than a smaller business class cabin?? Are the seats, crews, and inflight service the same? Thanks

BTVB6Flyer

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:51 pm

It has been and still is being discussed in the TPA routes thread and a lot of 'sources' have said the switch to mainline is happening, now even rumors are pointing to March. With that much talk and 'sources' I would say it's only a matter of time when, not if.

axiom

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:57 pm

UA777EWRTLV wrote:
I have taken many trips on LH "Mainline", but I have never flown on LH's cityline/jump subsidiary (or whatever it's called); from a customer perspective, is there any difference, other than a smaller business class cabin?? Are the seats, crews, and inflight service the same? Thanks

It's identical to mainline from a customer persoective. Brand new cabins, in fact.
Last edited by axiom on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usxguy

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:02 pm

why aren't the US unions jumping all over this? An airline using CHEAPER cockpit & cabin crews is AGAINST THE LAW!! </sarcasm>
xx

axiom

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 pm

usxguy wrote:
why aren't the US unions jumping all over this? An airline using CHEAPER cockpit & cabin crews is AGAINST THE LAW!! </sarcasm>

Well, considering the LH pilot unions approved this plan...

Perhaps a LH expert can chime in, but I think all the CL 340s may be returning to mainline, as part of the new pilot contract.

LTU932

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:32 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
It has been and still is being discussed in the TPA routes thread and a lot of 'sources' have said the switch to mainline is happening, now even rumors are pointing to March. With that much talk and 'sources' I would say it's only a matter of time when, not if.
March 2018 for the switch to mainline would make perfect sense, because that's when LH is starting twice weekly FRA-SJO flights, and that route will be operated by Jump/Cityline.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

GVIIO

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:58 am

I can confirm LH will switch to mainline as I work the flight at TPA and have heard it from them, when ive asked them when they said they didn't know however. Also heard rumors of the flight being operated by a A340-600

flyTPA

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:18 am

Since the LH A340-600s all have an F cabin, does this mean that TPA will get that cabin as well? They'd have a virtual monopoly on premium service from TPA. BA only has Club World and LGW has limited connectivity and the change LGW to LHR is a big hassle to reach the greater BA network.
Signore e signori-benvenuti a bordo questo volo per l'Italia!

readytotaxi

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:14 am

From a German friend, yes is her understanding. If you want Int First class currently you have to drive down the road to MIA. I think LH would do well offering just 8 First Class, BA's 777 having 14, they would never fill them if they sent one. The LH product is far better than BA's cost cutting offering.
Tampa is an affluent city, I think LH would do well.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

nadavatar64

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:27 am

I think if MCO can handle LH mainline, so does TPA.

FlyerTalkUserNa

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Pretty intrigued about the idea of LH flying the 346 and offering F. Do they have any routes where they currently fly a 346 with an F cabin and don't offer F?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos