Jetty
Topic Author
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:44 am

- Photo appears to show an airport employee punching a passenger in the face
- Witness at Nice Airport told that the victim was holding his baby
- Incident occurred as families waited to board flight from Nice to London Luton
- EasyJet said the grueling delay to flight EZY2122 was due to a technical issue

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4oHZJjavA

That picture does look shocking. Now it's waiting for the moment the airport staff at Nice goes on strike because a colleague got fired...
 
Virtual737
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:01 am

"A photo circulating online appears to show the man, believed to be a special assistance provider at Nice Airport, punching a passenger in the face"

Interesting take on the term "special assistance".
 
steveinbc
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:06 am

Seems par for the course for French hospitality. :rotfl:
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5391
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:22 am

steveinbc wrote:
Seems par for the course for French hospitality. :rotfl:


I don't understand why some people take beach holidays in France when they can go to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia or Greece.
 
Flaps
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2000 1:11 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:40 am

I wonder what prompted it? I doubt that the airport worker just up and punched someone out of the blue for no reason. I wouldn't discount for a second that the "victim" did or said something to prompt it. Passengers can be incredibly arrogant and ignorant when dealing airport staff.
 
User avatar
BaconButty
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:50 am

SCQ83 wrote:
steveinbc wrote:
Seems par for the course for French hospitality. :rotfl:


I don't understand why some people take beach holidays in France when they can go to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia or Greece.

Antibes and Tossa de Mar ain't exactly fighting over the same customers.
Down with that sort of thing!
 
BestWestern
Posts: 8330
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:46 am

Caution. Daily mail article.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
TYCOON
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:36 am

Given how British passengers generally behave, the guy probably deserved it!
 
Virtual737
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:40 am

TYCOON wrote:
Given how British passengers generally behave, the guy probably deserved it!


Perhaps, but not while holding a 9 month old baby.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17492
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

Flaps wrote:
I wonder what prompted it? I doubt that the airport worker just up and punched someone out of the blue for no reason. I wouldn't discount for a second that the "victim" did or said something to prompt it. Passengers can be incredibly arrogant and ignorant when dealing airport staff.


It wouldn't be unreasonable for someone with a babe-in-arms to be a little irritable after a 13 hour delay. Even so, that hardly justifies punching a man holding a baby in the face, does it?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
WIederling
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:25 am

Left handed swing and looks like that is not his working hand. And it looks like the hand will go
into the space between "baby guy" and the person in front of "baby guy".

Did the "helper" really try to hit the other guy carrying his baby or was it something else that misfired.

Expecting a baby food supply ( everybody has his own preferred "this and only this" make )
from services at an airport is a bit over the top, isn't it?
No seating available imho hangs on others being impolite and not offering their seat
than insufficient seating as such.
You can only install so many seats without reducing dearly needed moving space.
Murphy is an optimist
 
Armodeen
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 am

A single picture doesn't tell the story, he might not even be punching him (although I agree it looks bad).
 
WIederling
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:10 am

Armodeen wrote:
A single picture doesn't tell the story, he might not even be punching him (although I agree it looks bad).


No fist.
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:09 am

The picture doesn't really prove anything does it ? I'm more interested in the comment from a passenger who claims the original delay was caused by the aircraft pulling away with something still attached to it ?
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 am

SCQ83 wrote:
steveinbc wrote:
Seems par for the course for French hospitality. :rotfl:


I don't understand why some people take beach holidays in France when they can go to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia or Greece.


Wait, people go to France for the beaches? FRANCE HAS BEACHES?!
A350/CSeries = bae
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1525
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 am

Maybe the baby was laughing at him.
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:41 am

OA940 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
steveinbc wrote:
Seems par for the course for French hospitality. :rotfl:


I don't understand why some people take beach holidays in France when they can go to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia or Greece.


Wait, people go to France for the beaches? FRANCE HAS BEACHES?!


Yes, an amazing but true fact that can be attributed to most countries with hundreds of miles of coastal regions within it's land mass ! :lol:
 
sevenair
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:50 pm

TYCOON wrote:
Given how British passengers generally behave, the guy probably deserved it!


Interesting generalisation of an entire country.

Funny how I was recently criticised because I said that I found a person in a safety video to be annoying. I was chastised just because he happened to be Muslim and people found it uncomfortable that I was criticising him despite ZERO of my critique being on the grounds of race.

Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?
#NotAllDrones
 
Virtual737
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:53 pm

sevenair wrote:
Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?


To be fair I think we've given others plenty to laugh about, so let them. It wont affect your life. Stiff upper lip and all that old boy.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:17 pm

JannEejit wrote:
OA940 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:

I don't understand why some people take beach holidays in France when they can go to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia or Greece.


Wait, people go to France for the beaches? FRANCE HAS BEACHES?!


Yes, an amazing but true fact that can be attributed to most countries with hundreds of miles of coastal regions within it's land mass ! :lol:


To be clear I was joking, but still, France isn't the go-to country for a coastal vacation when compared to Greece, Spain, or even Italy.
A350/CSeries = bae
 
gzm
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Boeing778X wrote:
How do you say "Drag-You-Out Airlines" in French? ;)

1. AIR emmener-toi-de-FORCE
or/ou
2. UX-OUSTE airlines
 
WIederling
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:32 pm

sevenair wrote:
Funny how I was recently criticised because I said that I found a person in a safety video to be annoying. I was chastised just because he happened to be Muslim and people found it uncomfortable that I was criticising him despite ZERO of my critique being on the grounds of race.


"affiliated religion != race" to start with ;-?

I won't go into the PC aspects of "race" :-)
Murphy is an optimist
 
Jetty
Topic Author
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:33 pm

BestWestern wrote:
Caution. Daily mail article.

The Clacton and Frinton Gazette better for you? http://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co. ... _delay___/
 
LMFNINJA
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:36 pm

I was at Nice Airport in July on two separate occasions with my 97 year old mother who was in a wheelchair and flying AF return CDG-NCE.

The support staff from the Nice airport were very professional, helpful and kind.

Talking from personal experience I had a very positive experience and commend these workers for their performance.

Cheers.
 
rukundo
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:10 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:26 pm

"A photo circulating online appears to show the man, believed to be a special assistance provider at Nice Airport, punching a passenger in the face"

Interesting take on the term "special assistance".


SAMSIC like Passerelle CDG provide special assistance, for passengers (wheelchairs, eldery people, blind people & sometime people with baby). Most of time when i check special assistance, it's passengers with wheelchairs, going through security check.

They have priority, ahead all others passengers (and surprisingly some cabin crew and passengers are not so often happy, when they see special assistance pass before them. Thus we have to explain them, that special assistance pax have the priority, when they go through security check)

Most of time everything happens very well. Sometimes some people have bad behavior which can lead to insults or some of them beat agents with strokes.

The picture doesn't really prove anything does it ? I'm more interested in the comment from a passenger who claims the original delay was caused by the aircraft pulling away with something still attached to it ?


That's why, police will check CCTV, to know what exactly happened. It's a common procedure, when something like that happens in an airport. Even if, there is not reason to give a punch, we don't know what really happened. Maybe pax had a bad behavior against staff, minutes before.
Last edited by rukundo on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2225
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:49 pm

steveinbc wrote:
Seems par for the course for French hospitality. :rotfl:


It sure does. Been to Nice once, never again.

That being said, I doubt we know the whole story of what actually happened here.
 
sevenair
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:01 pm

WIederling wrote:
sevenair wrote:
Funny how I was recently criticised because I said that I found a person in a safety video to be annoying. I was chastised just because he happened to be Muslim and people found it uncomfortable that I was criticising him despite ZERO of my critique being on the grounds of race.


"affiliated religion != race" to start with ;-?

I won't go into the PC aspects of "race" :-)


It wasn't me who affiliated his appearance with his race. But due to his race, apparently he's above criticism.
#NotAllDrones
 
sevenair
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
sevenair wrote:
Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?


To be fair I think we've given others plenty to laugh about, so let them. It wont affect your life. Stiff upper lip and all that old boy.


Could you explain what we've done that is so funny.

Actions of a few does not excuse racismor xenophobia to the many. Not all Muslims are terrorists yet almost all terrorists are Muslim. You wouldn't allow an entire religion to be demonised because of the actions of a few so why is it ok for anti British hate?

Hate is hate where I come from & is always inexcusable.
#NotAllDrones
 
User avatar
BaconButty
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:24 pm

sevenair wrote:
Could you explain what we've done that is so funny.

Actions of a few does not excuse racismor xenophobia to the many. Not all Muslims are terrorists yet almost all terrorists are Muslim. You wouldn't allow an entire religion to be demonised because of the actions of a few so why is it ok for anti British hate?

Hate is hate where I come from & is always inexcusable.

Oh come on. I'm British and we have a deserved reputation for bad behavior abroad, at least in the Med. We can take a bit of banter. Having said that, when i've travelled to Nice it's not exactly been the bucket and spade brigade, Easyjet or not.

Hard to make out what's happening in the photo, it strikes me that he's trying to stop someone progressing through. Wouldn't trust anything I read in that facist rag anyway.
Down with that sort of thing!
 
User avatar
ACCS300
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Off-topic but nice photo of a Swissair A320, must close to a 20 year-old pic lol!
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 7899
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:57 pm

I find it odd that someone wants to complain about a jokey comment about Brits in the Med, but completely ignores a jokey comment about French hospitality. Double standards much?

While casual xenophobia is a serious issue, here there is no intention or real harm done. Just two innocuous comments playing into sterogypes. Brits abroad do have a reputation. French wait staff do have a reputation. Most of both groups are fine, just a few ruin it for everyone. This is just banter, move along.
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:03 pm

I hope we have one individual heading to the unemployment office.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
77H
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
I hope we have one individual heading to the unemployment office.


How about we find out what the full story is before we ask for somebody to lose their livelihood? We don't know the full story here and one picture does little in the way of giving us an understanding. After all, the picturetaker tweeted that it was an EasyJet employee at first when in fact the alleged attacker had no affiliation to EasyJet whatsoever. That was a snap judgment that could have landed EasyJet in some hot water in the PR department.

I know this happened in France but you are from the United States correct? I'm sure you've heard of due process? If there were questions about your conduct whether on or off the job, I'm sure you would want all the facts to come out before people passed judgment on you.

If the airport employee did in fact act physically aggressive towards another person he deserves whatever legal and employment actions that are coming. Have any other witnesses come forward to give their accounts of what happened?

77H
 
egnr
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:31 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:51 pm

Updates to this story suggest that the passenger pushed the airport employee in the face before getting punched...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/834823/Nice-airport-punch-easyJet-British-man-baby-passenger-France-flight-delayed
7late7, A3latey, Sukhoi Superlate... what's going on?
 
User avatar
ro1960
Posts: 1161
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:19 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:16 pm

The incident has been reported by two other French media so it did happen. Apparently the flight had been delayed 10 hours, passengers (including the one presumably punched) were not given information about the reason of the delay. Some tension ensued.

As for the smart remarks about French hopitality, let's say that so far there has been very few reports of violence at airports or on board unlike in other countries.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports
 
flyboy_se
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2000 5:31 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:13 am

It is never ok to lose your cool when you deal with customer service, no matter how tired, irate or insulted you get.
Having said that, some customers behave absolutely horrific. And it feels like it is getting worse each year. People feel very entitiled and demand compensation for the smallest of things. Now 11 hour delay is quite a big thing, and understandibly people would be upset and tired. So while it is never ok to hit a customer, but I have been in situations where people were behaving in such a way that a punch to the face would have been so tempting.
I prefer to be crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter
 
hz747300
Posts: 2373
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:38 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 am

Virtual737 wrote:
sevenair wrote:
Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?


To be fair I think we've given others plenty to laugh about, so let them. It wont affect your life. Stiff upper lip and all that old boy.


That's crap! If you sit there and take it, you'll just get more of it. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.
Keep on truckin'...
 
Utah744
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:37 am

"I wonder what prompted it? I doubt that the airport worker just up and punched someone out of the blue for no reason."
He saw the man's face and wanted to 'Brexit."
You are never too old to learn something stupid
 
77H
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:42 am

hz747300 wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
sevenair wrote:
Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?


To be fair I think we've given others plenty to laugh about, so let them. It wont affect your life. Stiff upper lip and all that old boy.


That's crap! If you sit there and take it, you'll just get more of it. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.


That escalated quickly. :roll:

77H
 
Aither
Posts: 1207
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:43 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:42 am

There is a video on the SUN website. Before making judgment on the french etc. you should better watch it. Although the employee should be fired for losing control it is clear that it was the passenger who first attacked the employee physically.
Never trust the obvious
 
Virtual737
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:44 am

sevenair wrote:
Could you explain what we've done that is so funny.

Actions of a few does not excuse racismor xenophobia to the many. Not all Muslims are terrorists yet almost all terrorists are Muslim. You wouldn't allow an entire religion to be demonised because of the actions of a few so why is it ok for anti British hate?

Hate is hate where I come from & is always inexcusable.


We've learned to laugh at ourselves. We've learned to be able to discern banter from hate. We've learned that when you give some banter you need to accept some banter. Now get off your high horse and see the comments for what they really were. Simple banter. If you get offended by such then, well, you deserve to be.

hz747300 wrote:
That's crap! If you sit there and take it, you'll just get more of it. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.


You're equating some comments made in banter to the need for Brexit?

"The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces" - Did you write that all on your own? We lost the British Empire many years ago. Go form your global union of one, the rest of the world will just pass you by. Think you've been watching too many Citizen Smith episodes.
 
77H
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:48 am

egnr wrote:
Updates to this story suggest that the passenger pushed the airport employee in the face before getting punched...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/834823/Nice-airport-punch-easyJet-British-man-baby-passenger-France-flight-delayed


If true, the reaction of the airport worker is "understandable". That said, understandable does not make it right. Had the airport staff member kept his cool, this passenger would likely be facing assault charges instead of the staff member facing legal and employment repercussions.

I understand that the passenger, was probably stressed and irate being so delayed with a small child to look after but parents need to be mindful of their actions while their children are in close proximity. If true, this passenger was initiated the physical aggression with the staff member he put his child in danger.

77H
 
Virtual737
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:55 am

77H wrote:
egnr wrote:
Updates to this story suggest that the passenger pushed the airport employee in the face before getting punched...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/834823/Nice-airport-punch-easyJet-British-man-baby-passenger-France-flight-delayed


If true, the reaction of the airport worker is "understandable". That said, understandable does not make it right. Had the airport staff member kept his cool, this passenger would likely be facing assault charges instead of the staff member facing legal and employment repercussions.

I understand that the passenger, was probably stressed and irate being so delayed with a small child to look after but parents need to be mindful of their actions while their children are in close proximity. If true, this passenger was initiated the physical aggression with the staff member he put his child in danger.

77H


Here's the video starting just before the "push".

https://streamable.com/uy4dy

Passenger deserved a smack in the mouth based on that footage.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:02 am

Virtual737 wrote:
sevenair wrote:
Could you explain what we've done that is so funny. Actions of a few does not excuse racismor xenophobia to the many. Not all Muslims are terrorists yet almost all terrorists are Muslim. You wouldn't allow an entire religion to be demonised because of the actions of a few so why is it ok for anti British hate? Hate is hate where I come from & is always inexcusable.

We've learned to laugh at ourselves. We've learned to be able to discern banter from hate. We've learned that when you give some banter you need to accept some banter. Now get off your high horse and see the comments for what they really were. Simple banter. If you get offended by such then, well, you deserve to be.
hz747300 wrote:
That's crap! If you sit there and take it, you'll just get more of it. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.


You're equating some comments made in banter to the need for Brexit? "The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces" - Did you write that all on your own? We lost the British Empire many years ago. Go form your global union of one, the rest of the world will just pass you by. Think you've been watching too many Citizen Smith episodes.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: And with Brexit, the "British Empire" - and British influence on the world scene - becomes even more irrelevant. I thought the British were more educated than that...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Aither
Posts: 1207
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:43 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:46 am

77H wrote:
If true, the reaction of the airport worker is "understandable". That said, understandable does not make it right. Had the airport staff member kept his cool, this passenger would likely be facing assault charges instead of the staff member facing legal and employment repercussions.


Agree. It also changes the story if for example it appears the guy has been left alone for 12 hours to deal with all the angry passengers. Everybody has a breaking point.
Never trust the obvious
 
slvfly
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 am

You can't push someone away and expect no response. Should the airport worker have done it? I mean, probably not...but I'm pretty sure 95% of people are going to push back in these circumstances.
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:58 am

hz747300 wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
sevenair wrote:
Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?


To be fair I think we've given others plenty to laugh about, so let them. It wont affect your life. Stiff upper lip and all that old boy.


That's crap! If you sit there and take it, you'll just get more of it. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.

Nobody likes you. You should remember this from school.
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900
 
alfa164
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 am

hz747300 wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
sevenair wrote:
Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?

To be fair I think we've given others plenty to laugh about, so let them. It wont affect your life. Stiff upper lip and all that old boy.

That's crap! If you sit there and take it, you'll just get more of it. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.

I think they tried that a couple of centuries ago. It didn't work out so well in the long run... ;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Aither
Posts: 1207
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:43 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:12 am

Whatever the outcome of the investigation at the end the general public will only remember "french staff beating british passengers".
Never trust the obvious
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 8737
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:39 am

Aither wrote:
Whatever the outcome of the investigation at the end the general public will only remember "french staff beating british passengers".


Most will then think it was probably a 50:50 situation.

I am interested to see if the guy is fired and how the unions like this.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos